DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Blue Ajah's Harry Potter Week: Mafia Game ON!

Alanna

i think Ed just seems a bit too eager for me to end up with all or alot of the items is all. the suggest pings on it's own accord as it also lets the scum know where all the items coudl end up and makes it easy for them to recieve both the sword and the Horcruxe(s) if their in play.

i do know the sword is in play and that it does destroy horocruxes, i recieved that after griphook was killed. this is why i was pushing ed to reveal his items. he claimed a theif play from me so if he poped up with out the sword i know i had him. his reluctance to list the items after having already stated he had three items and basically revealing 2 of them (out right claiming the death stick and saying he could revive someone) makes me suspect him.

also, yes, i could have known he was lieing about recieveing an item from me, as my only theif play from D1 didn't succeed.

theres also the fact that he claimed an item that was from a different person than he said he had made a theif play for.

right now, aside from the stuff i pointed out on Tynaal, and Dars reaction post i FoSd; Ed is the most scummiest in this game imo

so

VOTE: ED

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also, another thing abotu ed that strikes odd. he wanted his kill to do the best for the town; key & i both agreed a killing and revival of her character woudl clear up WIFOM; instead he went for jack. i can understand killing jack to revive him because well, jack's hard to read.

but his excuse for not reviving Jack after killing him off was poor at best. a whole "burn it someoen stole it before i could" when he posted many times before night ended and the theif plays were inacted. this says to me, he had no intention of reviving the person he killed, and killed off someone he felt had the most potential threat to him. leaving the player we all have questions about, Key, alive to sow more chaos and use to his teams benefit.

I haven't posted much the last few days because (aside from the ones who have been revealed to be town via a kill) everyone is suspect and I haven't been able to figure out who is the scummiest. However, Red, your latest FoS seems feasible and your reasoning makes sense.

I'm not quite ready to finger Ed yet but unless someone comes out as scummier, I'm leaning in that direction when it comes time for a vote. At the same time, I'm also leery about the inactives (Zo and AJ).

my view on inactives, yes they suck and can cost us a voting majority late on in the game, but generally they turn out to be townies. we know the Mafia is active or semi active because they've been submitting the NK. an inactive scum works to our favor because they're likely to miss the NK.

Scum will sometimes target inactives with their NK's too, so they may take care of them for us as well.

now that i've said this, i wouldn't be surprised if a scum for went the NK to frame the inactives and got us to do their job for them, or soemoen tried to use my reasoning as defending Aj & Zo to try and get me lynched. but thats the WIFOM for ya.

to get the ball on the roll, lets get an updated Vote Count out there

Deadline

Friday, August 5th; 10 alive, 6 to lynch

Vote Count

Key(1) - Ed

Lessa (1) - Tina

Ed (1) - Red

No vote (7) - Lessa, Dar, Player, Zo, Key, Charis, AJ

Zo was on today at 10:31am my time, her last post in this game was on July 18th

AJ's last post on DM was July 24th, her last post in this game was July 14

if you guys are set with lynchign an inactive, i'd go more for Zo. AJ seems like she's on LoA, while Zo appears to be lurking and could easily be inactive scum. with AJ, if she's scum, becuase of her last post on DM being so long ago, chances are she wont be able to submit a NK and then we can go from there.

i think Ed just seems a bit too eager for me to end up with all or alot of the items is all. the suggest pings on it's own accord as it also lets the scum know where all the items coudl end up and makes it easy for them to recieve both the sword and the Horcruxe(s) if their in play.

i do know the sword is in play and that it does destroy horocruxes, i recieved that after griphook was killed. this is why i was pushing ed to reveal his items. he claimed a theif play from me so if he poped up with out the sword i know i had him. his reluctance to list the items after having already stated he had three items and basically revealing 2 of them (out right claiming the death stick and saying he could revive someone) makes me suspect him.

also, yes, i could have known he was lieing about recieveing an item from me, as my only theif play from D1 didn't succeed.

theres also the fact that he claimed an item that was from a different person than he said he had made a theif play for.

TYPING IN CAPZ SO YOU CAN SEE. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT HERE? I STATED WHO I STOLE FROM AND DINT LIE ABOUT THAT.

right now, aside from the stuff i pointed out on Tynaal, and Dars reaction post i FoSd; Ed is the most scummiest in this game imo

so

also, another thing abotu ed that strikes odd. he wanted his kill to do the best for the town; key & i both agreed a killing and revival of her character woudl clear up WIFOM; instead he went for jack. i can understand killing jack to revive him because well, jack's hard to read.

but his excuse for not reviving Jack after killing him off was poor at best. a whole "burn it someoen stole it before i could" when he posted many times before night ended and the theif plays were inacted. this says to me, he had no intention of reviving the person he killed, and killed off someone he felt had the most potential threat to him. leaving the player we all have questions about, Key, alive to sow more chaos and use to his teams benefit.

READ MY POST AGAIN WHERE I ACTUALLY TELL YOU THE EXACT TIMES OF MY SUBMISSIONS. I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE MOD OR WHOEVER THIEFED ME.

AND I STAND BY MY CHOICE OF JACK. I REVIEWED THE THREAD FIRST SO IT WASNT JUST RANDOM.

I AM MORE HAPPY WITH AJ BECAUSE OF BEING INACTIVE AND THE TIMING OF HER POSTS. I BELIEVE IT WAS HER CHARIS AND KEY WHO WERE MY TOP.

to get the ball on the roll, lets get an updated Vote Count out there

Deadline

Friday, August 5th; 10 alive, 6 to lynch

Vote Count

Key(1) - Ed

Lessa (1) - Tina

Ed (1) - Red

No vote (7) - Lessa, Dar, Player, Zo, Key, Charis, AJ

Zo was on today at 10:31am my time, her last post in this game was on July 18th

AJ's last post on DM was July 24th, her last post in this game was July 14

if you guys are set with lynchign an inactive, i'd go more for Zo. AJ seems like she's on LoA, while Zo appears to be lurking and could easily be inactive scum. with AJ, if she's scum, becuase of her last post on DM being so long ago, chances are she wont be able to submit a NK and then we can go from there.

I agree with Red regarding Ed's scumminess. Pretty much what I've said before. I want my vote to stick today. I was goign to vote Ed, but I'm willing to go with Zo or AJ for a consolidation.

*Shudders at Ed's caps lock*

I'm content with Ed or Zo. Idk what to think about AJ, considering she hasn't been here in like 2 weeks. Not that we've been too terribly exciting, but still. The mafia has to have at least one person semi-active considering they've done -some- killing.

Zo - very inactive. While the rest of us may be lackluster with posting, she's been worse than the rest of us. And started out so busy posting too.

Ed - seems like he's trying to lead the town. Good thing or bad? Also the WIFOM about losing the stone. Furthermore, like Red pointed out, why kill Jack and not me? Finally, why boast that you had/have all those items anyway? Isn't that just leaving it open for mafia to know that they are all in game and also something that they can claim was gifted to them later on?

However, I did like your analysis about who could have stolen from you, despite that you pointed a finger at me :dry:. The links and times were helpful. If you were thorough it must be someone on that list.

my poor little internet ears. sorry Ed your gonna have to repeat that as the yelling kinda blurred the words :tongue:

point is Ed, i don't buy what your selling with the "times" postings on items. also, your over-reacting when i point to your kiling of Jack. i never FoS'd you over the act of killing him, infact i said i understand why you did considerng my own views of Jack and how he always pings me. but the lack of you resurrecting him, reguardless of the reason you say you couldn't, speaks more against you than in favor.

not to mention the other points i listed, such as your reluctance to list the 3rd item you had and your putting a major target on my back imo and trying to lead the town into the item distribution which will make it easier for the scum to get the items.

also, a point abotu the Elder Wand. i think it gives 1 kill per time it's stolen, i believe (due to Wand Lore) that gifting the wand to someone will render it as a useless item until it's stolen again. i'm unsure if a person can use it twice, if they are able to steal it back; we'd have to wiat for Ed or the person who killed Tynaal to come forward and tell us if they're able to steal it again.

that said, i'm not asking the person who killed Tynaal to come forward, as i'd prfer to keep that particular item out of the Mafia's hands. in fact, given Wand lore, gifting the wand to another person might render it usless for the rest of the game; which coudl be to our benefit. heres why i say this

Bill has the Elder wand, but gifts t to Jill. the wands alliegence stays with Bill becuase Jill didn't forcefully take it from Bill.

this means, that for the Wands alliegence to transfer from Bill (ie: for i to continue givign a vig kill), the wand would need to be stolen from Bill. so come morning, if a townie has the wand, i'd suggest them gifting it ASAP to another person to negate the power before a theif play could be made on you.

Me and my daughter have become sick. I hope I will be back tonight but if I don´t I think it´s best to have a vote that the rest of you can discuss if you want to. Unvote. Vote Ed.

Interesting ideas about the Elder wand, Red.

my poor little internet ears. sorry Ed your gonna have to repeat that as the yelling kinda blurred the words :tongue:

point is Ed, i don't buy what your selling with the "times" postings on items. also, your over-reacting when i point to your kiling of Jack. i never FoS'd you over the act of killing him, infact i said i understand why you did considerng my own views of Jack and how he always pings me. but the lack of you resurrecting him, reguardless of the reason you say you couldn't, speaks more against you than in favor.

not to mention the other points i listed, such as your reluctance to list the 3rd item you had and your putting a major target on my back imo and trying to lead the town into the item distribution which will make it easier for the scum to get the items.

also, a point abotu the Elder Wand. i think it gives 1 kill per time it's stolen, i believe (due to Wand Lore) that gifting the wand to someone will render it as a useless item until it's stolen again. i'm unsure if a person can use it twice, if they are able to steal it back; we'd have to wiat for Ed or the person who killed Tynaal to come forward and tell us if they're able to steal it again.

that said, i'm not asking the person who killed Tynaal to come forward, as i'd prfer to keep that particular item out of the Mafia's hands. in fact, given Wand lore, gifting the wand to another person might render it usless for the rest of the game; which coudl be to our benefit. heres why i say this

Bill has the Elder wand, but gifts t to Jill. the wands alliegence stays with Bill becuase Jill didn't forcefully take it from Bill.

this means, that for the Wands alliegence to transfer from Bill (ie: for i to continue givign a vig kill), the wand would need to be stolen from Bill. so come morning, if a townie has the wand, i'd suggest them gifting it ASAP to another person to negate the power before a theif play could be made on you.

I was on my phone and couldn't cut part of the quote! >.<

And read the first part where I said I have no control over the mod or thief plays. Again, I'm only posting the truth.

And excuse me for not believing you were Town BEFORE you died. :tongue:

It seemed like you just wanted some extra info, to me.

I'm heading to work. Don't lynch me yet. :tongue:

Tina - why Ed over Zo?

Red - that's interesting about the wandlore, but that could be a ploy to get someone to gift it to you, or another mafia member.

Dar - Upon my reread I saw the post where after Nolder is lynched you should have kept your vote on Jack. That's pretty suspicious, especially considering Jack is town too.

Red - that's interesting about the wandlore, but that could be a ploy to get someone to gift it to you, or another mafia member.

I'll work on a better post in a moment...but....Red is Town. There's a 99% chance she still is.

Why FOS her over that?

Glad my vote is still on you, at the moment.

Yeh, strange post there Key. Why shouldn´t Red be town? Seriously I could vote someone else so we can move on with this game. Ed has acted strange many times this game but I chose to focus on other players that seamed more scummy. I also hesitated to lynch our most active player. The main reason for my vote is him suggestion to give all items to Red. Ed should now what that could lead to.

We got until tomorrow to decide who to lynch. I don´t think Alanna will be ok with a third random lynch. Who are our main candidates? Does someone know the vote count?

I´m not feeling well but I will try to be active. If I disappear you know why though.

I'll work on a better post in a moment...but....Red is Town. There's a 99% chance she still is.

Why FOS her over that?

Glad my vote is still on you, at the moment.

99% isn't 100%. Just pointing out something that seemed sorta scummy to me. Whether or not she's town, I thought it was.

lol, ok, be glad. You won't be when I'm lynched and it turns out that I really am who I say I am.

Guys, we do need to get a controlled vote today, i have a feeling that if we get another random, even though people have said "yeah i still want to play" the lack of active participation and voting will show that we don't want to still play.

we've had 4 maybe 5 of the same people being active in this game with the rest just sitting back and doign the minimum for posting. this is the type of "activity" that will get this game to shut down. you guys say that you want to keep playing, well prove it by actually playing! not just lurking in the shadows and voting where the majority is, if you even vote at all.

another, just because i was town before i lynched doesn't secure me as town now. i am town, but it's dangerous in any game to assume something about a player who is alive, even if they were town, lynched and were resurrected. when you don't knwo the mechanics of the game, you don't know what happens behind the scenes.

I was on my phone and couldn't cut part of the quote! >.<

And read the first part where I said I have no control over the mod or thief plays. Again, I'm only posting the truth.

And excuse me for not believing you were Town BEFORE you died. :tongue:

It seemed like you just wanted some extra info, to me.

I'm heading to work. Don't lynch me yet. :tongue:

our Mod Goddess is on LoA until some time friday, so there wont be an actual lynch until then anywyas even if we got a hammer on someoeen now.

to the underlined. Ed, i'm still not buying it. if you were so concerned about info being out there on the items you had, then you wouldn't have told us you had 3 items and preceed to tell use exactly what 2 of them were at the time.

if anything, it sounds more like that by leaving out the 3rd item you were baiting someone to ask, only to turn aroudn and FoS them over it later. which is what your doign to me.

no it's simply putting together the clues we have.

if you go back to the canon in tDH's which examines wand lore; for a wand to work properly for someone (ie: the alliegence to transfer) it must be forcefully taken from the original owner. we see an example of this in Harry, when he uses Hermy's wand (which was gifted to him by Hermy) the wand works poorly, yet when he uses one forcefully taken (Draco) it works as good as his original.

then we take the game evidence. we know jack was town and we know Jack said the Wand had a one time vig kill. we also see that if stolen (by ed in this case and an unknown early today) that the wand premits the theif a single vig kill as well.

putting these two together, it's safe to assume that if you can negate the wands power by using the one time kill and immediately gifting it to someone after, thereby preventing the wand from being forcefully taken by the original owner and breaking the wands power.

its the same set up that DD & Snape had planned until Draco inadvertingly disarmed DD in HBP, and also is how Harry (in the books) broke the wands power as well if you recall.

honestly, to do this properly, you'd have to get your gift choice in before a theif place is achieved. because you don't know who is making a theif play and win, you can't relaly post until you've gifted the item away. and to break the wands power in this case,

you'd likely have to use the kill before gifting it this is good to do anwyas incase you accidently gift it to scum, you woudln't want to hand them a free kill now would you. of course this could be a useful trap too, but i'd perfer not to let the scum have an extra kill.

so what i would suggest is the next person to steal it, you should send in the kill PM ASAP, and then right after, gift it to someone as well. doing this before you post to prevent a thief play from sneaking in between the gift time & kill time.

assuming ofcourse, the next person to get the wand is a townie. imo negating the wands power does more good for the town. it prevents our numbers from being lowered (all three players killed by the wand were townies) and prevent the scum from the chance of gaining an extra kill.

the only person i'd want hte Elder wan in the hands of is the cop; because the cop can make a good choice on a target based on his views thus far. i'm nto asking the cop to reveal; just stating the obvious.

I agree on that (seeing as you did that in a SG game once? And I did it in your Scooby Doo game)...lol, but given the unique game design with ITEMs....I am not so sure. Not excluding the possibility at all.

Actually, no. I did not FoS you over it. I told you I didn't trust you at the time, not knowing your alignment. You are making this bigger and bigger. If someone kept asking, as you did, I would have done what I did do. Which was just stall and not want to tell it yet.

*can't sing for crud* Night all.

Dar - Upon my reread I saw the post where after Nolder is lynched you should have kept your vote on Jack. That's pretty suspicious, especially considering Jack is town too.

Yes, but I didn't know that until he was dead . . . At the beginning, Jack seemed really scummy to me. I changed my vote and went with Nolder for a controlled lynch. Nolder was town. Jack still seemed scummy to me but when he was killed, that's when we learned he was town. How is that suspicious? That I didn't change my vote/suspicion off of Jack because Nolder flipped town?

Our track record has been so dismal with identifying scum that I'm almost hesitant to vote but in the interest of a controlled lynch, I'll go with Zo since she's been inactive on the game but has signed into DM more recently than AJ. Vote Zo.

Archived