DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Vampire Aiel?

LordMikeRahl

Hi guys ! During (the end I think) of the Towers of Midnight, did you notice the Aiel that killed the lone survivor of one of the keeps that fell to the Blight ? (cant remember the name). The man before he died noted that those 'Aiel' had red eyes and shrp teeth. They also wore red veils. :unsure:

Vampire Aiel? Aiel coverted by the DO to sth else? New creation ?

What are your thoughts on this ?

:wheel::wheel::wheel: :wheel: :wheel: :wheel: :wheel: :wheel: :wheel: :wheel: :wheel: :wheel:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhm, they haqd dark eyes and their teeth were sharp because they had been filed to points.

If you want an actual nod to vampires on WOT, look at the draghkar.

Ups, yeah but still, why were those Aiel like that? I mean, do you have any ideas? (I know about the draghkar, not searching for a vampire in WOT lol just wondering)

When Aiel men discover they can channel they go to the blight. Something about hunting or killing the dark one. Maybe some where caught and 13 myddraalled. It could explain the male channelers that have recently shown up too. I've actually been thinking about the Aiel channelers. Someone suspected that the ability to channel was being culled out of the human race because of lack of channeler breeding. Wise ones have kids as frequently as anyone, so I suspect there's a higher percentage of channelers - male and female - among the Aiel. Of course, only those born with the spark head to the Blight, but even so it could be a decent number.

Actually, I always thought the Myrdraal had quite a few traits of vampires as well.

There are warrior classes throughout history who filed their teeth down to points in an attempt to intimidate and strike fear into the hearts of their foes. It is also theorized that some used it as a way of determining class or accomplishments or to display the ability to withstand pain. I know scientific articles have found that it was common practice throughout the world except Europe but that it seems it is being uncovered that Vikings may have started doing the same thing as they began to travel more extensively.

Here's an image of the practice.

article-1224189-06EF1AFB000005DC-517_468x312.jpg

Actually, I always thought the Myrdraal had quite a few traits of vampires as well.

There are warrior classes throughout history who filed their teeth down to points in an attempt to intimidate and strike fear into the hearts of their foes. It is also theorized that some used it as a way of determining class or accomplishments or to display the ability to withstand pain. I know scientific articles have found that it was common practice throughout the world except Europe but that it seems it is being uncovered that Vikings may have started doing the same thing as they began to travel more extensively.

Here's an image of the practice.

article-1224189-06EF1AFB000005DC-517_468x312.jpg

I had my teeth filed down so I could have veneers put over top, and they weren't half as small as that and they were SO sensitive with a lot of the enamel off, I don't see how that can't hurt all the time.

I re-read that part a few times, and it seems to me there's too little description to really draw any conclusions. They have a spear on their back and a red veil, that's all that connects them to Aiel. However, the veil is red (which no Aiel uses,) and they kill the soldier with a belt knife.

I re-read that part a few times, and it seems to me there's too little description to really draw any conclusions. They have a spear on their back and a red veil, that's all that connects them to Aiel. However, the veil is red (which no Aiel uses,) and they kill the soldier with a belt knife.

merchant. plus they walk with a sleek grace, and immediately thinks myrrdraal. So myrdraal must be mixed in with this, to include a detail like that is to set a path, so unless its a red hering it may be the male aiel turned. I have my own ludacrise theory and if it proves right I will laugh until it hurts so much I cannot drink any beer

I like the turned male channeller Aiel idea, however another possibility is (IMO) the Isle of the Mad, we know that there are a race of madmen there (complete with crazy channellers... perhaps they are also descendants of the Da'shain Aiel, but who managed to find their way out to sea during the breaking (or perhaps BEFORE the breaking, since presumably there were Aes Sedai over the oceans back then)

We DO know however that Fades like to have 'fun' with women captives, it has never (to my knowledge) been explicitly stated however this may well include rape, which may lead to pregnancies of course... kids growing up in that environment would be pretty messed up, let alone needing a little dental work. Plus with all the raids into the borderlands, managing to carry off a person or two for breeding stock wouldn't be that difficult (provided there was a Fade handy to scare off the drooling Trollocs)

I like the turned male channeller Aiel idea, however another possibility is (IMO) the Isle of the Mad, we know that there are a race of madmen there (complete with crazy channellers... perhaps they are also descendants of the Da'shain Aiel, but who managed to find their way out to sea during the breaking (or perhaps BEFORE the breaking, since presumably there were Aes Sedai over the oceans back then)

We DO know however that Fades like to have 'fun' with women captives, it has never (to my knowledge) been explicitly stated however this may well include rape, which may lead to pregnancies of course... kids growing up in that environment would be pretty messed up, let alone needing a little dental work. Plus with all the raids into the borderlands, managing to carry off a person or two for breeding stock wouldn't be that difficult (provided there was a Fade handy to scare off the drooling Trollocs)

fades are sterile.

fades are sterile.

What about the female fades?

fades are sterile.

There are no female fades.

fades are sterile.

There are no female fades.

Or so we've been led to believe... :madmyrddraal::myrddraal:

wot.wikia.com: They are believed to be sterile; no female specimen has ever been seen. For some reason, they are reported to lack a sense of humor by both Light and Dark. Myddraal do not have dreams.

Note there is no referencing there, so what was used to arrive at this 'belief'? If there is some pertinent Q+A session then I dont know it, nor is there any reference to Fade's ability to procreate in the series (that i know of)... im still thinking isle of the mad is the more likely route though

wot.wikia.com: They are believed to be sterile; no female specimen has ever been seen. For some reason, they are reported to lack a sense of humor by both Light and Dark. Myddraal do not have dreams.

Note there is no referencing there, so what was used to arrive at this 'belief'? If there is some pertinent Q+A session then I dont know it, nor is there any reference to Fade's ability to procreate in the series (that i know of)... im still thinking isle of the mad is the more likely route though

BWB says that as far as is known all Fades are male and "probably sterile due to their hybrid nature".

Exactly, which means that they shouldnt be channelers. Right?

When Aiel men discover they can channel they go to the blight. Something about hunting or killing the dark one. Maybe some where caught and 13 myddraalled. It could explain the male channelers that have recently shown up too. I've actually been thinking about the Aiel channelers. Someone suspected that the ability to channel was being culled out of the human race because of lack of channeler breeding. Wise ones have kids as frequently as anyone, so I suspect there's a higher percentage of channelers - male and female - among the Aiel. Of course, only those born with the spark head to the Blight, but even so it could be a decent number.

Agreed, but why kill the man without using the OP?

merchant. plus they walk with a sleek grace, and immediately thinks myrrdraal. So myrdraal must be mixed in with this, to include a detail like that is to set a path, so unless its a red hering it may be the male aiel turned. I have my own ludacrise theory and if it proves right I will laugh until it hurts so much I cannot drink any beer

Aha, so you think the DO has somehow mixed Aiel with Myrdraal? Isnt it possible that those guys wre something like mad-aiel male channelers? Still, you might be right cause they kill him with steel not the OP, and unless its some kind of a joke in their part, I myslef cannot think of anything else, except these 2 possibilities.

I kind of like your idea of the Isle of the Mad, since those guys havent been mentioned at all in the series and only in a paragraph ot two in 'The world of Rober Jordan's: The Wheel of Time' so it might be possible. However, how could they appear so far north when their island is almost touching the southern icecap?? Confusing :unsure::blink:

Archived