DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Vampire Aiel?

LordMikeRahl

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm reading book 4 again (Mat's trip to Rhiudean) and the fox-finns have sharpened teeth as well.

Impossible.

1.) The Aeilfinn and the Eilfinn (or whatever :D ) cant get out of their tower.

2.) They dont use steel, cause they cant, they are afraid of it and it hurts them.

3.) How could the DO have caught them..He has no ter'angreal that would lead him to their cave.

4.) Also, in Mat's trip to the tower (SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! ) where he went to save Moiraine with Thom and Jain Farstrider, there was no mention of foxes or snakes having an evil attitude. (Evil as the DO at least.) So, we see no signs of his influence there.

:)

I'm reading book 4 again (Mat's trip to Rhiudean) and the fox-finns have sharpened teeth as well.

Impossible.

2.) They dont use steel, cause they cant, they are afraid of it and it hurts them.

3.) How could the DO have caught them..He has no ter'angreal that would lead him to their cave.

4.) Also, in Mat's trip to the tower (SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER! ) where he went to save Moiraine with Thom and Jain Farstrider, there was no mention of foxes or snakes having an evil attitude. (Evil as the DO at least.) So, we see no signs of his influence there.

1. Until Mat carved out a doorway in ToM. Also, the doorway ter'angreal in Tear still exists, only the one from Rhiudean was destroyed.

2. They have other weapons. In book 4, Mat saw one of them using a brass dagger, and "would give all the coin he had" for it. In ToM, the snakes chase after them with swords.

3. They can warp reality, as shown by the nature of the ToG. Also, as known from ToG, you exit where you entered, so it's conceivable that they exited in/near the blight.

4. The foxes killed him once already (book 4) and then took his eye in ToM. In KoD, Mat has a panic attack when he realizes the finns can see into his memories permanently, which is why he remembers so many deaths from other people (they couldn't have entered the tower after death, therefore, the finns are now watching him as well.) Tuon relates a story about how the finns let people eat but they get the sustenance instead, and after the person dies, they wear their skin (which is somewhat verified in both the Moiraine storyline and in book 4 when mat sees the fox wearing leather made of human flesh.)

When Aiel men discover they can channel they go to the blight. Something about hunting or killing the dark one. Maybe some where caught and 13 myddraalled. It could explain the male channelers that have recently shown up too. I've actually been thinking about the Aiel channelers. Someone suspected that the ability to channel was being culled out of the human race because of lack of channeler breeding. Wise ones have kids as frequently as anyone, so I suspect there's a higher percentage of channelers - male and female - among the Aiel. Of course, only those born with the spark head to the Blight, but even so it could be a decent number.

Agreed, but why kill the man without using the OP?

could be to make the kill personnal, for more enjoyment of the kill. its obvious that the fellow was enjoying killing the merchant

• 2 weeks later...

When Aiel men discover they can channel they go to the blight. Something about hunting or killing the dark one. Maybe some where caught and 13 myddraalled. It could explain the male channelers that have recently shown up too. I've actually been thinking about the Aiel channelers. Someone suspected that the ability to channel was being culled out of the human race because of lack of channeler breeding. Wise ones have kids as frequently as anyone, so I suspect there's a higher percentage of channelers - male and female - among the Aiel. Of course, only those born with the spark head to the Blight, but even so it could be a decent number.

could be to make the kill personnal, for more enjoyment of the kill. its obvious that the fellow was enjoying killing the merchant

Aha.

What is this isle of madmen i keep hearing about? Has it been in the books cuz if so i apparenyl missed it!

The Isle of Madmen is mentioned in the 'The World of Robert Jordan's: The Wheel of Time by RJ and another guy'. It is not mentioned in the books only in that book.

Yeah, thats a possible theory.

Impossible.

1. Until Mat carved out a doorway in ToM. Also, the doorway ter'angreal in Tear still exists, only the one from Rhiudean was destroyed.

2. They have other weapons. In book 4, Mat saw one of them using a brass dagger, and "would give all the coin he had" for it. In ToM, the snakes chase after them with swords.

3. They can warp reality, as shown by the nature of the ToG. Also, as known from ToG, you exit where you entered, so it's conceivable that they exited in/near the blight.

4. The foxes killed him once already (book 4) and then took his eye in ToM. In KoD, Mat has a panic attack when he realizes the finns can see into his memories permanently, which is why he remembers so many deaths from other people (they couldn't have entered the tower after death, therefore, the finns are now watching him as well.) Tuon relates a story about how the finns let people eat but they get the sustenance instead, and after the person dies, they wear their skin (which is somewhat verified in both the Moiraine storyline and in book 4 when mat sees the fox wearing leather made of human flesh.)

Very nice explanation, sorry for saying 'impossible'' lol , but I hadnt read the books for some time and forgot the details.

• 3 weeks later...

/\ /\ /\

Really? Huh. You seemed so confident.

Remember the part about "Courage to strengthen, fire to blind, music to dazzle, iron to bind"?

It's iron the 'finns don't like.

:biggrin: Lol.

Yes, I could never forget that, and I said I didnt remember such detail, so...

Well, back to the main topic, those Aiel with their teeth filed to points...What do you think? Have they simply surrendered and become slaves of the DO or r they sth else?

I believe the sharpened teethed people are from shara. We know very little about shara, and i believe somewhere it says their faces are hidden. Additionally, people can not venture into shara unless they are from shara. The pointed teeth people could be the cause of the prevention, or all sharans could have the pointed teeth, which would explain the vieling of the sharans.

I believe the sharpened teethed people are from shara. We know very little about shara, and i believe somewhere it says their faces are hidden. Additionally, people can not venture into shara unless they are from shara. The pointed teeth people could be the cause of the prevention, or all sharans could have the pointed teeth, which would explain the vieling of the sharans.

dont think so, isnt there a sharan in tear talking about silk worms?

Likely their merchants are somewhat different... because they have to interact with other people...

I must admit I had not considered the Snake/Fox angle... its possible that was (indirectly) one of the things that ol Mordy askey for... or perhaps it was part of the price or something... who knows

dont think so, isnt there a sharan in tear talking about silk worms?

Yes, there was that one in the tavern before Rand went into the stone in KoD. He was trying to hatch the plain to raise silkworms. Doubt it was a "regular" merchant, with what we know of the Sharans they most likely wouldn't allow that secret to get out.

It could be Fade children because probably isn't definately. I tend to go with the male Aiel channelers though.

fade children? fades are sterile.

my personal theory is that they are Aiel channellers who had fade souls transmigrated into teh channellers body

I thought they were from the city in the blight.

And it is explicitly stated that they are not Aiel by the POV character. First he assumes they're Fades because of their "sleek grace" then he believes they're Aiel because of their red veils. Then he admits that he was wrong about them being Aiel as well.

Aiel don't wear red veils. Also, they have dark eyes while most Aiel have light eyes. They kill him with a knife instead of with the One Power. Thus, they are not Aiel. They have no connection to Aiel. They're not Aiel channelers gone to kill the Dark One. They are soldiers of the city in the blight out on patrol.

I thought they were from the city in the blight.

And it is explicitly stated that they are not Aiel by the POV character. First he assumes they're Fades because of their "sleek grace" then he believes they're Aiel because of their red veils. Then he admits that he was wrong about them being Aiel as well.

Aiel don't wear red veils. Also, they have dark eyes while most Aiel have light eyes. They kill him with a knife instead of with the One Power. Thus, they are not Aiel. They have no connection to Aiel. They're not Aiel channelers gone to kill the Dark One. They are soldiers of the city in the blight out on patrol.

The veils and spears on their back are fairly indicative of Aiel culture. The subverted Aiel Channeler theory is on of the more likely theories IMO. They most def are not just regular soldiers, and we don't know for sure if there is a city in the blight. We have seen glimpses of Moridin's compound but not a full city, although that very well may be what the "blank in the blight" turns out to be.

They could be turned or renegade Aiel channelers. Blank = Dark Aiel clan in the Blight. That does seem the likeliest explanation, given that RJ mentioned what Aiel male channelers do and some of them may be captured alive and their descendents brainwashed.

Edit: Dark eyes/ hair is not a big deal. Most Borderlanders have dark eyes/ hair and if fair hair/ blue eyes mates with dark hair eyes, the dark gene generally passes on. Borderlanders are the most likely bunch to have women captured. Edit ends.

They might also be descendants of dreadlords from the Trolloc Wars. Again mentioned - Ishy did put together a bunch of male channelers. Perhaps he also had the Black sisters out looking for them.

They are probably not Sharans = the Sharans kill their male channelers at age 20, or so.

They are not probably Isle of Madman types - the isle is mentioned in passing only in the BWB and never comes into the WoT novels. It would be a clumsy literary device introducing them now.

They may be some breed of improved Fade - farfetched but somehow bred true and capable of using TP perhaps? But then for some reason, they're not using swords and they're vieled

• 2 weeks later...

I myself have wondered if the Sharans would into play, but isnt Shara a little TOO far away from the wetlands?

They could be turned or renegade Aiel channelers. Blank = Dark Aiel clan in the Blight. That does seem the likeliest explanation, given that RJ mentioned what Aiel male channelers do and some of them may be captured alive and their descendents brainwashed.

Edit: Dark eyes/ hair is not a big deal. Most Borderlanders have dark eyes/ hair and if fair hair/ blue eyes mates with dark hair eyes, the dark gene generally passes on. Borderlanders are the most likely bunch to have women captured. Edit ends.

They might also be descendants of dreadlords from the Trolloc Wars. Again mentioned - Ishy did put together a bunch of male channelers. Perhaps he also had the Black sisters out looking for them.

They are probably not Sharans = the Sharans kill their male channelers at age 20, or so.

They are not probably Isle of Madman types - the isle is mentioned in passing only in the BWB and never comes into the WoT novels. It would be a clumsy literary device introducing them now.

They may be some breed of improved Fade - farfetched but somehow bred true and capable of using TP perhaps? But then for some reason, they're not using swords and they're vieled

COULD be Aiel brainwashed male channelers, but I doubt it. I also dont think they are simply Aiel or not Darkfriends. Forgot, the Sharans' way of thinking about the OP, you are right, it cant be them either... But, I thought of another possibility because of Durinax comment about souls.. What if they are simply a new breed of Gray Men? I hadnt thought of the possibility of being a city in the Blight, I guess we ll just have to wait and see.

I don't see how anyone can disagree with the theory that these are Aiel captured and 13x13'd. The only problem with the theory that I can see is that it might seem too obvious. The fact that the char with the PoV didn't think they were Aiel, and the fact that the merchant was killed with a knife, none of these speak of the necessity of these men being something other than Aiel.

Archived