DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Your Favourite WOT book? [READ FIRST]

NitroS

53 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Wheel of time book?

• EOTW
    • TGH
    • TDR
    • TSR
    • FOH
    • LOC
    • COS
    • POD
    • WH
    • COT
    • KOD
    • TGS
    • TOM
  2. 2. When did you start reading?

• EOTW
    • TGH
    • TDR
    • TSR
    • FOH
    • LOC
    • COS
    • POD
    • WH
    • COT
    • KOD
    • TGS
    • TOM

Hello along with other sagas/trilogys etc where people have grown up around a original and then having to wait many years for the later version people always seem to have a "sense of ownership" towards the earlier releases compared to the latest ones, For example alot of people that i know that havent watched star wars 1-6 who go and watch all 1-6 straight will say the first 3 is there favourite but people that have been around since the original trilogy will favour that. Same with the Rocky's 1-6, Terminator etc. im going to see if it applies to Wheel of time.

As i started reading during TOM i went all the way through and TGS and TOM were pretty much my favourite with FOH not far behind. But ive seen alot of people say that the first 6 were the best and the later books a let down etc, people bagging on brandon for scenes straight from RJ etc.

So id like to see through this poll.

Eye of the World will always be my favorite. It is different than the rest and the things it has that seem to diminish afterwards are what made me love the books... it has that creepy feel like the shadar logoth stuff and no one is really a "lord" so it is more genuine for the characters... ive just always liked the entirety of the book... things just get all political afterward

I guess most ppl started reading Eye of the world...

You misunderstood the question. It was asking which was the last book available when you started reading WOT. Relatively few people here started reading the series all the way back in 1990 when tEoTW first came out. I started at CoS myself.

I started just after CoS (book 7) and the Guide came out. I really didn't like PoD (book 8) because it was the first one I had to wait for and, to me, not much happened in it. I listed TSR as my favorite. However, I really love the whole series, and TGS and TOM have been spectacular. On re-reads, TSR is always my favorite though. So much happens in that book! It's Perrin's greatest book, IMO, and all the story lines are good. The supergirls actually get out of their own mess without help for the first time too. Rhuidean is so freaking epic! And Mat is all kinds of awesome in the Snakes/Foxes worlds.

Egwene is also not in it too much, and when she is, we're learning new and awesome things about T'A'R. What's not to love about this book?

My favorite is WH. I am sure I am one of the few, but I quite enjoy all of the stuff that takes place in Far Madding. I also enjoyed all the political stuff with the white tower split and was all giddy about the return of Mat after reading PoD. And lastly, the Cleansing was awesome.

I started EotW about the WH came out.

I started reading when The Path of Daggers had just come out. I think it had literally come out that week when I bought The Eye of the World.

My favorites change but right now I would say The Shadow Rising and The Fires of Heaven, with the slight edge right now to The Fires of Heaven.

Technically I first read the books in 2003, so Winter's Heart era, but I wasn't really into it until I decided to pick up the books again years later. Around 2006? So I put myself as a Knife of Dreams starter. :) and I've always liked TDR the best.

(really gotta make these public to analyze the data)

wait what cant you see the poll results? only 2 votes have fallen in books 6-11 so far

when you are posting a poll there is a checkbox (which you didn't check) to make the votes public. This allows everybody to see who voted for what not just the total poll numbers.

wait what cant you see the poll results? only 2 votes have fallen in books 6-11 so far

when you are posting a poll there is a checkbox (which you didn't check) to make the votes public. This allows everybody to see who voted for what not just the total poll numbers.

my bad, i cant see the option when i try and edit it so im guessing i cant change it now?

Results so far

What is your favourite Wheel of time book?

1. EOTW (5 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. TGH (2 votes [5.71%])

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

3. TDR (2 votes [5.71%])

4. TSR (10 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

5. FOH (4 votes [11.43%])

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

6. LOC (2 votes [5.71%])

7. COS (1 votes [2.86%])

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

8. POD (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. WH (2 votes [5.71%])

10. COT (0 votes [0.00%])

11. KOD (1 votes [2.86%])

12. TGS (3 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

13. TOM (3 votes [8.57%])

When did you start reading?

1. EOTW (8 votes [22.86%])

Percentage of vote: 22.86%

2. TGH (0 votes [0.00%])

3. TDR (2 votes [5.71%])

4. TSR (1 votes [2.86%])

5. FOH (2 votes [5.71%])

6. LOC (1 votes [2.86%])

7. COS (4 votes [11.43%])

8. POD (4 votes [11.43%])

9. WH (4 votes [11.43%])

10. COT (2 votes [5.71%])

11. KOD (3 votes [8.57%])

12. TGS (3 votes [8.57%])

13. TOM (1 votes [2.86%])

I started just after KoD came out. ToM is my favorite, I just love Rand in it. Love the Finns, Perrin is wicked, Nynaeve's testing and chewing out the Aes Sedai is probably my favorite chapter in the whole series. Love all the sense of, holy crap, the LB is actually here. Loved the BT scenes. Its just a great book. Liteary critiquing aside, the plot is great.

If memory serves, i started reading just before Crossroads of Twilight came out.

Lord of Chaos has and probably will always be my favorite. The introduction of Taim (and therefore Mazridin... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ) along with the forming of the Black Tower, the antagonistics of the Aes Sedai... Dumais Wells...

TGS comes close behind. Rand Rand Rand, Moridin Moridin Moridin. I was somewhat disapointed with the Cadsuane vs Semirhage execution, but in all honesty it was true to the story and the rushed feel has its excuses.

ToM was alright, but would probably be lucky if it made my top 5 if Im honest. TGS was much better IMO

my bad, i cant see the option when i try and edit it so im guessing i cant change it now?

Oh, brother... I'm sorry, I should have explained better - I can see how it can be confusing. We can see the totals ok, there is no need for you to post them separately. But when you are making a poll there is an extra option to make it possible for everybody to see exactly which user voted for which option. Like in this poll for example. next to each choice there is a "view" option. when you click on it you can see the list of users who chose it. You didn't check the appropriate box when first creating your poll and it's too late now. But it's really no big deal. It's perfectly all right not to make a poll public - it's entirely up to you. I only mentioned it for your information as it was clear that didn't know about it.

Knife of Dreams was the most recent when I started reading. Received the first the day before author's death.

There is not any particular favorite. I have liked each of the ones I read; read through Gathering Storm.

Oh, brother... I'm sorry, I should have explained better - I can see how it can be confusing. We can see the totals ok, there is no need for you to post them separately. But when you are making a poll there is an extra option to make it possible for everybody to see exactly which user voted for which option. Like in this poll for example. next to each choice there is a "view" option. when you click on it you can see the list of users who chose it. You didn't check the appropriate box when first creating your poll and it's too late now. But it's really no big deal. It's perfectly all right not to make a poll public - it's entirely up to you. I only mentioned it for your information as it was clear that didn't know about it.

oh ok atleast u can see the values then my bad.

Archived