DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

First Time Reading the First Book

Always Sunny

Wow, I am getting no love here tonight.

So let's make peace, okay? I'll say nothing more about the politics of Two Rivers. I mean, I must have missed a whole bunch of stuff since I didn't know Wisdoms took care of marriages and all that jazz. And maybe I was wrong in assuming that jobs equal social status. Maybe farmers really are politically important and governors can't even hail a cab after the sun goes down. This is a fantasy, after all.

I really don't care any more. I mean, someone I trusted said that this would be a fun book to read and share with other folks. And it is fun to read! Sure, there are stupid parts but I can move beyond that. I saw Battle: Los Angeles today and it was both stupid and a lot of fun.

I'm enjoying this book, flaws and all. I like the promise of complicated politics and dirty dealing. I like the dead magic zones, the crumbling Ways, and the Green Man. I like the idea of seeing the Aiel and the Tear-ians and the Tara-whoevers and the Illians and the Shienars and the Shaun Chan. I have no idea who they are but new cultures are always fun! I'm blown away by the Tinkers, I love them so much. And who doesn't want to hug an Ogier?

I don't like the idea of demi-gods, of Super Saiyens, of the most powerful people on earth fighting each other with swords and lobbing fireballs at each other. I don't like the idea of Perrin's wolf man and whatever Mat is turning into. I don't like four different kinds of Air monsters (Mordeth, Mashadar, Machin Shin, and that evil wind coming down from Blight) or an army of Trollocs who exist only to be killed by the "good" guys. But I'm willing to go with it to see the rest of the story. Maybe the infighting between ungodly powerful witches will be just as interesting as infighting between normal people. I want to find out!

But what do I have to look forward to? More of this forum debate? Even the diehard fans say that the first book is the best, the first three are pretty good, but then it goes downhill and becomes pretty crappy around book ten. Only then does it pick up again. The series, it seems, has the same enjoyability arc as the first novel. It's almost as if it were planned that way...

And every chapter I read, every comment I make, will get the same treatment as all my previous. When I say that a guy is being a bad boy for mistreating a woman I'll get called out. When I say someone's favorite character is awful I'll get called out. When I skip over dreams or wolves or prophecies or the descriptions of clothing I'll be called out. That's what's ahead of me if I continue?

I'll be honest, here. I've already finished the Eye of the World and am a bit into The Great Hunt (if you hadn't already guessed by what I've written above). I've even got most of the blog posts all written up and saved as drafts (I'm a fast reader and I had a really slow Thursday). I just don't want to, you know, dump all of that here at one time. That's a lot of words. By doing this every-other-day thing I've been doing I am able to stretch out the reading and (I had hoped) get a good discussion going.

I am sorely tempted to do just that. Just post them all and walk away. It's not fun anymore. I mean, I say something about what I see in the story. Others tell me that I'm wrong. And when I don't immediately agree that I'm wrong I get pooped all over (I've been told to watch my potty mouth).

Even worse? My sunny disposition has faded so that I'm almost looking for things to anger me in the story. I'll gloss over the really cool things to harp on, exaggerate, and write only about the bad things. I don't like being mean. Well, not all the time.

Finally, my pride and vanity is getting the best of me. Darn it. People are saying that I've made them laugh. Some even, dare I say it, loled at what I've written. I've even made people quit reading in anger and disgust! Do my words really have that power? Here I just thought I was goofing around.

I just want to contribute, you know? I just want to write my little blog, make a few laughs, and maybe change a few minds here and there. Instead things have devolved into these arguments. That's not cool. That's not what I want. I also don't want to go back and edit my upcoming blog posts to tone down the angry parts. I've already scrubbed them for naughty language (I tried to get creative. I don't think it worked.).

But the Wheel does its thing, right? We'll see what happens when whatever happens happens. See you in a bit, ya'll!

I understand your frustrations, us diehards get a little heated at times. Therefore I apalogize, you have a right to your opinion, and I personaly value that opinion. I find your write ups exteamly enjoyable and hope that you continue them. I am glad to see that you are enjoying your readings, im about were you are in my reread so its fun to see things from a diffrent perspective. Again, I am sorry. Also, sorry for all of my spelling misstakes.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just want to contribute, you know? I just want to write my little blog, make a few laughs, and maybe change a few minds here and there. Instead things have devolved into these arguments.

Then be open to having your mind changed, as well. That's fair enough, isn't it? But in none of your comments on the blog, or in this thread, have you shown that openness.

I hope you continue writing. But don't set out to "change some minds" without being willing to defend your positions when people point out that those positions are not supported by the text. It honestly feels like you're trying to set up an unfair double standard, where any criticism of your position is met with, "Hey, you need to be patient and understand that I haven't read as far as you" while being unwilling to accept that people who have read further have a necessarily broader perspective.

I'm just suggesting that in order to do justice to the material, you need to recognize your own bias and try to set it aside.

As an aside, I don't know where you got the idea that, "even die-hard fans say that the first book is the best", but I'm quite comfortable saying that there is no such consensus. Polls of the question on this site usually rank tEotW in the middle of the pack.

But what do I have to look forward to? More of this forum debate? Even the diehard fans say that the first book is the best, the first three are pretty good, but then it goes downhill and becomes pretty crappy around book ten. Only then does it pick up again. The series, it seems, has the same enjoyability arc as the first novel. It's almost as if it were planned that way...

I don't know where you got that???

I believe that most of the readers would agree that the first three books are just the prelude to the entire series. The books don't start to be really wot'ish and really good until book 4-5, in my opinion.

I also think that at book 1-3 there were 'experimental'. RJ didn't know yet how long the series will be, or what shall he do exactly. After thatm it really goes UPHILL.

It seems like this threads has gotten a little blown out of proportion.

Sunny you should realize that going and calling someones favorite characters

sexist with little proof will elicit some arguments.

I would just say enjoy the books and don't try and make every male into

misogynist caricture.

Some of the points in your blog have been interesting and amusing.

I see you finished TEotW hopefully you enjoy the rest o' the books.

Egwene, the mayor's daughter who is learning how to do magic.

Yeah, magic. Magical power. Totally useless. Except, I am sure, that it will help her wash the dishes. Or make me a sammich.

To be fair, I'm pretty certain she uses magic to wash dishes once. I think in book 7. Maybe it was 8...

:D (Buahahahah)

*edit:

I've enjoyed reading you postings BTW, I've both laughed and been entertained. I've no idea how serious you are with the sexism stuff, honestly, don't care. It's fun.

That said, I understand how some people lash out to. You've got to think, some of us have known these characters 20+ years now. They are like good friends, hell, I've known some of these characters longer than I've known my best friends! We've had time to read and re-read and really (as much is possible) get to know all these characters, to the point that we KNOW their motivations even when their motivations are not stated. (Such as is often the case in book one).

So go on and keep calling the witches out, and bashing the male folk as sexist. Let the story unfold and keep on rocking on. :D

I certainly want Always Sunny to keep on posting; I think the fact that they (OMG) already typed up most of this awhile ago explains a lot. I'm also interested in their thoughts on Robert Jordan's writing. It's obvious that issues of sexism are important to Always Sunny. However, the Two Rivers boys' protectionism of the girls is intentionally portrayed as unneeded and foolish (and it probably keeps getting mentioned because it becomes relevant to the plot later). I'd also like to point out that Jordan wasn't out to create the perfect world, but rather to think of the many different ways a society that had no notion of gender dominance might rebuild itself. Jordan obviously didn't think a completely gender-blind society would emerge, but he didn't seem to think of gender-blindness as a necessity. As a final note, I have no notion of what Always Sunny's thoughts are on the issue at the moment, as the blog is well behind where they are in their reading, but I would just like to encourage more consideration of the gender-antagonism (I'm sick of the word "sexism") going in the other direction (such as Nynaeve's rant that was brought up earlier). I'm not trying to tell Always Sunny what to think of it, just to keep it in mind as a potential counterbalance to the things they perceive as misogyny as they learn more about the world.

I obviously don't expect Always Sunny to go back and edit everything, I just say that for future reading.

Hopefully the atmosphere in here will improve.

EDIT: Just on another note, tEotW is by far not considered the best book in the series by most people. The thought's kind of funny, actually. Some of the best stuff happens mid-series, I think book four's my absolute favorite, but pretty much all of them have great things in them.

And Mordeth isn't really wind... and the wind from the Blight isn't really a monster (just unnatural).

So good news there, just two air monsters!

I think Always Sunny has got more than their bit of crititcism. I absolutely love their blog and their observations. They said they wanted to change some minds. I don't know if they have completely changed mine, but reading this har certainly given me something to think about.

I agree with most posters in here when they sau that in the series as a whole men and women have approxomately equal power. I don't think women have any more power than men. Or, if they did so in the beginning they are certainly losing it as the series progress.

I think if I started reading WoT now I would be bugged by the same things as Always Sunny, though. But I started reading it when I was about twelve andwas less aware of these things. To be honest I think I forgive the series for these things now only because it over time had become one of my favorites. And because much other fantasy is far, far worse.

Someone pointed out that WoT is not genderblind. That is certainly true. It is perfectly possible to create a world where the genders are equal without them being exactly the same. What has started to bother me is how stereotyped the differences are.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love WoT. And I like Always Sunny's blog, so I hope they continue.

And tEotW is FAR from my favorite book in WoT.

Hey Always Sunny, I just registered because I really wanted to say something in support of your blog.

When I read The Eye of the World for the first time I was a 17 year old geeky science-nerd who just wanted to read about magic and adventure. I come from a small town, pretty rural. So for me, ofcourse, the Two Rivers Boys were immediately recognizable and I could relate to them almost from the get go. I had an older sister who was always the responsible one and -in our view- never seemed to have any fun.

Now, the thing I like about you blog is that your view and experience of the book is almost totally opposite of what I experienced the first time reading it. In your view the boys are pretty much useless for a large part of the book and you immediately fell for Nyneave - for me she just reminded me of my sister-. During my first read I was instantly attracted to the way the magic system is explained and didn't give a hoot about gender/racial/power-issues. In your view the whole scientific approach of the magic system seems to bore you and you are far more interested in the characters motivations. Your experience should, however, be as enjoyable as mine since there's a lot of character developement. You simply enjoy other parts that never occurred to me.

This, to me, is why it's both interesting and entertaining to read your blog. I surely hope you continue your blog BECAUSE I mostly disagree with you. If I wanted to read something that completely agreed with my views I wouldn't have to read it, now would I? Some of your remarks were truly eye-openers for me, now there's a compliment.

There are countless threads upon countless threads on countless fora(forums, whatever) that I have seen spiraling down into useless discussions with, mostly, two or three posters trying to drive home a point that was already made ten pages back. This is why I don't post much, because of these Asperger-syndrome-like suffering argument-repeaters.

So what if some-one doesn't agree with an opinion. As is said: Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one.

Just too bad that people tend to look for disagreement more than agreement.

If it counts for anything: I look forward to your blog. I'll retreat and be the quiet audience now.

While the Eye of the World is an excellent book in the series, the fan favorites are usually between 4 and 6.

I'll be honest, here. I've already finished the Eye of the World and am a bit into The Great Hunt (if you hadn't already guessed by what I've written above). I've even got most of the blog posts all written up and saved as drafts (I'm a fast reader and I had a really slow Thursday). I just don't want to, you know, dump all of that here at one time. That's a lot of words. By doing this every-other-day thing I've been doing I am able to stretch out the reading and (I had hoped) get a good discussion going.

I am sorely tempted to do just that. Just post them all and walk away. It's not fun anymore. I mean, I say something about what I see in the story. Others tell me that I'm wrong. And when I don't immediately agree that I'm wrong I get pooped all over (I've been told to watch my potty mouth).

That comes along with putting yourself out there on the Internet, I'm afraid -- it is extremely rare that everyone agrees, and some people cannot keep it civil (I know that I have problems in this regard when I have strong feelings on a subject).

Don't let it get you down.

You would like an authoritative source? How about one even the Chicago Manual of Style uses?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/they

Which makes it clear that the use of they as an indefinite singular is not without controversy.

Every source anyone has cited makes it clear that there are a lot of people who would like the use of they as a singular to be standard English, but that that use remains controversial. Ergo, not "just as correct."

They also make it clear that generic "he" is every bit as controversial.

Dammit people, cut Sunny some slack! Sunny, keep on posting. Hopefully we'll all just relax and cool it off a bit. I know that your blogs bring a little bit of 'sunshine' to my days when I read them, they're fun, informative and just plain old entertaining. No, I don't agree with everything you say, and I think you missed a few major points, especially on gender-relationships. You know what? I don't care. It's fun seeing someone else's point of view, even if I don't agree with it in the slightest!

So there.

@Randsc: You bring up a lot of good points, and I agree with you almost entirely. However, this is Always Sunny's thread for Sunny's blog. Criticize if you want, point out stuff, but keep it cool. We're here to have fun, not start a lengthy debate on gender-issues! (I'm sure we could start one as a separate thread, much like Sunny did with the language issues).

Dammit people, cut Sunny some slack! Sunny, keep on posting. Hopefully we'll all just relax and cool it off a bit. I know that your blogs bring a little bit of 'sunshine' to my days when I read them, they're fun, informative and just plain old entertaining. No, I don't agree with everything you say, and I think you missed a few major points, especially on gender-relationships. You know what? I don't care. It's fun seeing someone else's point of view, even if I don't agree with it in the slightest!

So there.

@Randsc: You bring up a lot of good points, and I agree with you almost entirely. However, this is Always Sunny's thread for Sunny's blog. Criticize if you want, point out stuff, but keep it cool. We're here to have fun, not start a lengthy debate on gender-issues! (I'm sure we could start one as a separate thread, much like Sunny did with the language issues).

Couldn't agree more.

I would like to say this: "Sexism" is only prolonged by people who latch on to every little example of it they can find, the truth of the matter is the WoT books are not gender neutral, but they are certainly not guilty of gender bias, there are female mercenaries, traders, in one city they hold every position of power, and in another they have a knife to murder their husband if he proves unfaithful or otherwise displeasing... You are reading far too much into small details that are completely unimportant to the series as a whole, everything is seen from someone's perspective, and some of them, especially Rand's are particularly biased, though not because they feel anything negative towards women, Rand's is a reaction to what he is going to be forced through later in the series, he is just compensating.

I would like to say this: "Sexism" is only prolonged by people who latch on to every little example of it they can find

This has the potential to open up a whole other can of worms. I disagree, but I'll leave it at that for this thread.

What I don't understand is how everyone on this site is blaming SUNNY for making this thread devolve into opinion bashing. She made observations, clearly with a feminist bias, but it was the members here who jumped on her and made everything into a monstrous deal. People are acting like they have been personally offended by Sunny's thoughts on sexism in Wheel of Time. Good grief people, she's reading a book and thinking about it. You can disagree but it does not affect you in any way if she reads it as sexist.

I'm sorry, Sunny, that the members here have found it so offensive that you could possibly think that women didn't hold equal power in the Two Rivers.

I've enjoyed your write-ups so I really hope you keep posting them. And you know what? Some of the characters ARE sexist. And that is a-ok.

Your blog is totally entertaining, and if people don't appreciate a different opinion, or some funny insight into a book they love, or your silly thoughts about something that is going to be explained later in the books, well they don't have to read your blog. If you enjoy it, keep doing it, because there are people (myself included) that get a kick out of your writings. You're talented and entertaining, so don't tone it down!

I love the WoT books, they are maybe my favorite books ever. Sunnys write ups are disrespectful and often wrong - and I love them for it. It makes me laugh every time, and I think they are awesome, so I hope she continues.

As for the sexism thing - who cares? It may well be the most realistic part of the book. After all, there is sexism in this world too. If you want to make a fuss about it, worrying that its in a popular fantasy series seems to me the most insignificant place to start.

Anyway Sunny, this is the internet. People love this series and will get the hump. Others, like me, will laugh their asses off. So what? Its all good. Read the book and write about it if you enjoy it, stop if you don't, but don't stop because some people will get all bent out of shape. And don't edit the language either. Again - this is the internet. If you want to surf without seeing swears...well...good luck with that!

What I don't understand is how everyone on this site is blaming SUNNY for making this thread devolve into opinion bashing. She made observations, clearly with a feminist bias, but it was the members here who jumped on her and made everything into a monstrous deal. People are acting like they have been personally offended by Sunny's thoughts on sexism in Wheel of Time. Good grief people, she's reading a book and thinking about it. You can disagree but it does not affect you in any way if she reads it as sexist.

I'm sorry, Sunny, that the members here have found it so offensive that you could possibly think that women didn't hold equal power in the Two Rivers.

I've enjoyed your write-ups so I really hope you keep posting them. And you know what? Some of the characters ARE sexist. And that is a-ok.

I think this post is missing one big point, and that is the double standards shown by Sunny. There are sexist characters but not just men, the woman can be too, yet from the reading Sunny's blog you would not think that was the case.

Another point I'd make to several recent posters is that it's all well and good some people saying it's just her thoughts, and we don't need to read them if we don't agree. But on the flip side, this is a public forum so if you're going to share your thoughts in public then you have to accept that people will respond to them. And they're not going to all be positive. Not everyone will nod their heads and say 'she's spot on there, couldn't agree more.' People will disagree with you and express their feelings. It's up to you how you respond. No one is forcing you to change your opinions or stop writing in the way you do. But I would say when something you have said has been pointed as being wrong, as the evidence suggests quite clearly you were, in can be frustrating when you stubbonly refuse to change tact.

Disagreements are certainly allowed, and indeed I don't think intelligent discourse can happen unless there ARE disagreements. But there is a difference between attacking the belief / idea, and attacking the person who holds that idea. Good bad or indifferent, you don't attack the person who holds that belief.

Okay. So I've never read the Wheel of Time books before, just so you know. In fact, I'm new to the whole "epic fantasy" genre. But my roomie said that this book would be a great place to start.

I've also been told that the online community would appreciate hearing from a new reader as I read the first book. Who am I to disappoint the online community, eh?

Spoilers don't bother me. Sure, I'd like it if you don't mention what happens but it isn't the end of the world if people slip up. Just, you know, don't call me an idiot if I get things wrong.

Oh, yeah, that's something else I was told: "theories and opinions are good." It's supposed to be complicated (I like complicated!) and there are twists that I won't see coming. Look forward to it! Look forward to getting things wrong, too.

But here I go, rambling on! I really do that too much.

There is a link below to what I have to say about the first bit I've read. So far Rand and Tam have made it to the town of Emond's Field to drop off their apple cider. I'm a big fan of Tam and Ewin. Mat and Bran al'Vere? Not so much.

Butting in on the party here, but I have to say I too love these posts. Let me say - welcome. I do have a good a a bad news for you though. Good news - this is the BEST series to read when it comes to fantasy. Bad news - this will spoil you to the rest of the genre (after WOT you will always compare everything else to it and to be frank nothing I've read comes close). But hey, there are 14 more books to go....so that's at least something biggrin.gif.

Have fun!

Okay, everybody. Happy Monday. I've got four chapters for you now. Turns out one was really small so I just tossed it in for fun. Hey, why not?

These chapters pretty much fill us in on where everyone is after Shadar Logoth. Rand, Mat, and Thom are on a boat. Perrin and Egwene are lost in the wilderness somewhwere. Finally, Moiraine, Lan, and Nynaeve are hiking south to Whitebridge.

Nynaeve gets to be a viewpoint character. That's pretty exciting. Though I don't know if she's going to be important like Rand or if she's one of those brief POV people others have mentioned. It doesn't matter. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Most of my thoughts are in the blog itself. Someone with a scary "Administrator" tag next to their user name said I needed to watch my sailor tongue so you'll find fewer conventional swears in the blog. No doubt you'll be able to spot where I made the changes. That itself is worth a laugh, I think. But sometimes saying, "poop" just doesn't get the meaning across, know what I mean?

So let's see. My opinion of Moiraine hasn't changed. Nor that of Rand. I've further refined Mat in my head, though. He still needs work figuring out but I'm on my way. Egwene is about the same, too. Perrin gets a lot of thought put into him. Take that however you want. Nynaeve and Lan have some interesting interactions, too. All in all, an above average set of chapters compared to the rest of the book.

Anyway, I've been enjoying my time here on the forum. A little break this weekend was just what I needed. Refreshed, I'm back and ready for some more. Enjoy the link:

Okay, everybody. Happy Monday. I've got four chapters for you now. Turns out one was really small so I just tossed it in for fun. Hey, why not?

These chapters pretty much fill us in on where everyone is after Shadar Logoth. Rand, Mat, and Thom are on a boat. Perrin and Egwene are lost in the wilderness somewhwere. Finally, Moiraine, Lan, and Nynaeve are hiking south to Whitebridge.

Nynaeve gets to be a viewpoint character. That's pretty exciting. Though I don't know if she's going to be important like Rand or if she's one of those brief POV people others have mentioned. It doesn't matter. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Most of my thoughts are in the blog itself. Someone with a scary "Administrator" tag next to their user name said I needed to watch my sailor tongue so you'll find fewer conventional swears in the blog. No doubt you'll be able to spot where I made the changes. That itself is worth a laugh, I think. But sometimes saying, "poop" just doesn't get the meaning across, know what I mean?

So let's see. My opinion of Moiraine hasn't changed. Nor that of Rand. I've further refined Mat in my head, though. He still needs work figuring out but I'm on my way. Egwene is about the same, too. Perrin gets a lot of thought put into him. Take that however you want. Nynaeve and Lan have some interesting interactions, too. All in all, an above average set of chapters compared to the rest of the book.

Anyway, I've been enjoying my time here on the forum. A little break this weekend was just what I needed. Refreshed, I'm back and ready for some more. Enjoy the link:

Another entertaining post. Like your stuff.

Mainly for the fact that i have never seen anyone with such strange ideas.

Now dont take this as an offense, but you miss the point of the books completely.

The observations are very interesting and intelligent to be sure, but you miss what the book is actually saying or doing. Usually people who read it first time have a certain grasp of the book and predict certain things. You see things that are not important and miss almost everything important.

now, as i said, this is not meant to mean you are less intelligent. Certainly, you are not. It just stems from the fact that you are looking at the book from a different angle. It is not a social commentary. It is just meant to be a damn good story. Again, Im not saying that the way you are reading it is WRONG, as such. I just think it is ill suited for the genre.

I really dont think the books are for you. You are obviously a very sensitive person. You abhore violence, rather like the Tinkers (I know youve read that far) and while that is not a bad quality in a person, indeed it is very admirable, like the Tinkers, in the world of the Wheel, peace gets you dead or nowhere.

I think it will be a little to realistic. By that i mean, you cant win by throwing love and flowers at people.

But if you enojy the books, then thats awesome. I certainly would like to read more, its great to see such a different viewpoint from any I have seen.

Looking forward to more wacky theories and observations.

Edit: oh, and one other point. The story is set in a medieval/verge of industrial revolution age. It is not a modern utopian society. Women dont go round fighting with swords. (only spears, but RAFO on that :)) So the points that seem sexist are not actually sexist. they are just realistic world-buliders.

There is nothing realistic or believeable about armies of women with swords, and women blacksmiths. (Although, as you will see throughout the series, there are women that defy the gender stereotype, but it is not a common thing to see.)

I do not doubt that they are perfectly capable of doing so, but the fact is, the realistic side is, most women were housewifes. They didnt WANT to fight and be blacksmiths. But they are not forced to be, like min, and all Aes sedai, they are pretty much free to do as they please.

I am not attacking you, I just thought, since gender is obviously a very sensitive subject to you, I would try to explain a bit. TO help understand the books a bit better. (Sorry, not sure if I get the point across?)

A question to ask yourself:

Why did Egwene, who has shown no reluctance at all to put herself forward, and who as we now know has the ability to do magic, act the way she did in this chapter?

If you think it is because she has internalized the gender-biased norm, or some such, read the chapter again. Seriously. Stop searching for either gender bias or your next joke, and actually try carefully reading the chapter and seeing if you can determine what is going on.

You're missing most of the story, you really are. Or, you aren't, but you're choosing to pretend you are for reasons of either gender politics or comedy.

I'm really starting to feel bad for you, both because you are missing out on a great story, and because of what your writing reveals of your outlook. If you really think that gentle needling about battam roosters should be seen as a prelude to gang-rape...that's just sad. Isn't it possible that a person, of either gender, who was allowing themself to be consistently pushed around by another, might be teased about that fact? Without it being a prelude to rape?

Why did Egwene, who has shown no reluctance at all to put herself forward, and who as we now know has the ability to do magic, act the way she did in this chapter?

If you think it is because she has internalized the gender-biased norm, or some such, read the chapter again. Seriously. Stop searching for either gender bias or your next joke, and actually try carefully reading the chapter and seeing if you can determine what is going on.

You're missing most of the story, you really are. Or, you aren't, but you're choosing to pretend you are for reasons of either gender politics or comedy.

I'm really starting to feel bad for you, both because you are missing out on a great story, and because of what your writing reveals of your outlook. If you really think that gentle needling about battam roosters should be seen as a prelude to gang-rape...that's just sad. Isn't it possible that a person, of either gender, who was allowing themself to be consistently pushed around by another, might be teased about that fact? Without it being a prelude to rape?

I think you take Sunny's opinions and writing style in that blog way too seriously :rolleyes:

I think you take Sunny's opinions and writing style in that blog way too seriously :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm starting to think that Sunny's writing a parody, here. The only other explanation is a really pretty stunning lack of reading comprehension. So I'll try to enjoy the blog postings with that in mind.

Archived