DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

LEGENDS OF THE BT MAFIA-- GAME THREAD-----OVER Mafia WINS

TheMasterDude

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the quick day before and getting close (or at least everyone thinks) to the last mafia member. The town lay down to sleep and hope that nothing bad happens during the night. You hear a loud yell of "Yes! I found it!" during the night. You wake up to find that Locke has found Tayol's stash of Alcohol and is passed out. He may not post during the next day since he is passed out drunk. Also you look around and find that Talmanes has had his throat cut during the night.

Talmanes, AKA Kelly Sedai, the roleless townie has been killed during the night.

Locke is drunk and cannot post during the DAY phase. He will come out of his stupor during the night.

It is DAY. The day phase will end on Monday at 12 PM GMT-7.

I guess I didn't realized day wasn't over. Why does Led keep getting silenced? lol Poor guy. I hope you're doing well if you read this Led!!

Anyway I didn't get scum last night, but I'd rather not share unless I need to save this person so the scum don't know what I do and who I know about.

Anyway glad I made it through the night!!!

Yes Tiinker but I know I didn't get the joke.

WHA...? I just did explain. I felt your ongoing fight with Rwd was over the top.

I'm doing my reread right now and I'm doing it from my phone, so I'll be making a number of posts with attached comments. Sorry in advance for the nuisance.

so we have 2 bandwagoners in the house!!!

Tigs & Vanion. though why Locke. i bet their pulling some sort of gambit :rolleyes:

Missed this completely my first time through. We know Vanion was innocent. Could she have been laying a cover for one (or both) of the others? Definitely worth following up on.

This s the part that has been bugging me most. Tink and Red have a bit of a discussion about calling a post "scummy" and then it stops. For more than a day there is nothing about it then Vanion comes on with this.

Wow.

I stop paying attention for a bit and the bandwagon rears it ugly head.

You all talk about making excuses for jumping on the bandwagon, and then a post later, you do it yourself.

No, I didn't read the posts before casting my vote.

Yes, I used random.org to make my vote.

Guess what? It's called "Day 1". You aren't going to learn anything from how people are posting. There is no information. And the first 2 pages of posts in a Mafia game are pretty much always "Checking in". Do I really need to read 20 posts that say "Just checking in!" or "I'm here"?

No thanks.

You can go ahead and vote me if you'd like, but you're making a mistake. Best to see who instigated the bandwagon.

I find that those who are mafia, are normally the quickest people to scream "That persons starting a bandwagon!! Lynch 'em!"

Anyone who's played Mafia with me knows better. Vanion doesn't bandwagon. I'm a statistical analyst. I go by how people react to situations and vote based on that.

As such...

Unvote

Vote: Talya

Since she was the quickest to scream bandwagon, and I've seen how she plays Mafia before, I'm pretty happy in my choice here now.

So, lynch me if you want to, but lynch Talya next, because she IS Mafia. I'll take the Day 1 hit if I have to. Someone's gotta. But again, you're mistaken on my role.

Tink immediately follows with this

"yes i can, yes i will and have done so on many occasions. in fact this is the first post i've seen from you and guess what, it screams scum to me."

So a hunch?

"if i can't say someoen is scummy from a single post, especially when said post is scummy and said person isnt posting much; then how am i supposed to find out if that person is scum or not and get the reactions i want?"

That's the point.. How indeed can you just say someones mafia by a single post on day 1. Not posting much? Doesn't have time? Hence random.org.. Doesn't automatically make you a prime suspect in my opinion anyway.

Its day one

"and?? would you rather us have continued with meaningless joke votes that woudl give us next to no info and result in a ranom lynch?"

No but again he's posted ONCE.

"it has nothign to do with an educated guess Tinker, and everything to do with the fact i think his post was scummy. i've already explained why i think his post is scummy, it has nothign to do with an educated guess.

not reading the thread is somethign scum do, whcih is something he admitted to doing. his "random" vote happened to end up on the person with the most votes there for making it likely that a bandwagon would form since Day 1 usually ends in a rush of votes on the erson with the most votes and not much info."

What?

Educated Guess: a guess value based on experience or theoretical knowledge

How is saying "I think his post is scum because of this" not an educated guess?

Anyway, there's minimal information and the probability of it being right at this point in my view isn't close to high enough to be able to just run him out. All i'm saying.

"i'm a bit confused where that part of your case comes from. what attention did i have on myself before i FOS'd Vanion and placed myself center stage?? please explain this so i can understand cause i dont think i even had a vote on me before you."

Maybe that came out wrong. Rephrase: Make yourself look like one of the good guys. And actually Locke voted you and Tig was thinking of it.

If this happened to anyone else i'm pretty sure I'd defend them as well it's got nothing to do with Vanion. Seeing as he couldn't for some odd reason I figured i'd just voice how ridiculous i thought it was.

Everything calms down a bit in night phase until Tink and Red decide to go at it again followed by massive discussion of Player and his Pie.

That discussion gets derailed by this post from AJ and therest of the night is Red and Tink going at it again (giggity).

and yet i've actually caught a scum that way on Day 1; why is it so silly if its worked once before?

Cos there was barely any reasoning behind it >_> Hey, it's just my opinion.

Tinker, I don't think you're getting the point. You're going against Red a little hard when she's already explained herself, AND explained that her methods have worked before. How else is there to catch scum but call someone scum and gauge reactions? Hmmmmmmmmm? *raises eyebrow* *can't stay serious long* BAHAHAHAHA! *mutters* Sorry...

That's why I'm saying it Limi, I KNOW about people that used to be in the BT who were more obsessed than TMD about pie. We did an invasion wholly based on it, which was Eclipse's idea, when he was OL before me. So I'm trying to give information about what I can so assumptions aren't made on what is known now.

Hence why I multiquoted his posts? I knew someone could get something more out of it than I.... sleep.gif

Song reveals as a finder-type role and names Talya scum. Ed and Talya get into it a bit with Red supporting Talya points kn the nature of the godfather role. Then Tinks comes in out of the blue with this

because its a known scum tactic thats why. what i find scummy is the fact you defended him. did you know he was innocent is that why? typically a townie wont align themselves with someone who they don't know is town or not. is it wrong for me to question your motives? why are you so aggitated about the fact i bring this up and why don't you answer my questions directly??

Im agitated because this argument is going no where..

"Typically a townie wont align themselves with someone who they don't know is town or not."

Well I disagree again..

Vote Pie

The only person I can think of who had reason to silence Led and anyone playing with some kinda food fetish has to actually have a reason >_> .. only real suspicions so far. @Talya the only thing I have too describe her play is maybe she had a good day o-o otherwise its just way too obvious :P

It seems like he is trying to create a diversion from what is happening with Talya and Red.

This was another post from AJ pinger me a bit in my reread. The first sentence just dreck means a defense of Red or casting doubt on Song. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it

Just some notes.. Song never says she is mafia, Red is the first to mention that, post 245.

And honestly, the Tinker/Red thing is rather distracting at this point. I don't think either of you are going to give in and now you're just beating a dead horse. You both disagree, the end.

I think Talya raised a good point about Song's "findings" and I would like to hear more about her role, not because I'm role fishing but because a gf IS viewed innocent. I'm rather curious about this. Though I think tossing about possibilities is pointless until we hear from Song because we may all be wrong. And if we don't hear from her? Let's test it and see what happens.

Tinker: you're pinging me more and more, unfortunately. I hate to take Red's side (sorry) but spreading votes out when we've potentially found scum and don't have a majority yet is damned crazy and scummy. Especially if the silence is because of character naming, I think your vote is especially unfounded voting for Player and his Pie. You're not handling the pressure well or you are scum, but either way you're way up on my list at the moment.

Talya: Song never revealed finder.

I do like Aemon's role-finder power, that would explain more but Red is right about alignments being ambiguous.

That's all for now, can we get a vote count?

Everything after that is trying to decide if the last mafia is A) inexperienced or B) an experienced player trying to make it look like an inexperienced player. WIFOM. That means I will ignore that angle and just focus on the actions I've seen throughout the game. there have been a number of times that AJ has stuck out to me during this reread for her actions, therefore VOTE AJ

This was another post from AJ pinger me a bit in my reread. The first sentence just dreck means a defense of Red or casting doubt on Song. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it

Just some notes.. Song never says she is mafia, Red is the first to mention that, post 245.

And honestly, the Tinker/Red thing is rather distracting at this point. I don't think either of you are going to give in and now you're just beating a dead horse. You both disagree, the end.

I think Talya raised a good point about Song's "findings" and I would like to hear more about her role, not because I'm role fishing but because a gf IS viewed innocent. I'm rather curious about this. Though I think tossing about possibilities is pointless until we hear from Song because we may all be wrong. And if we don't hear from her? Let's test it and see what happens.

Tinker: you're pinging me more and more, unfortunately. I hate to take Red's side (sorry) but spreading votes out when we've potentially found scum and don't have a majority yet is damned crazy and scummy. Especially if the silence is because of character naming, I think your vote is especially unfounded voting for Player and his Pie. You're not handling the pressure well or you are scum, but either way you're way up on my list at the moment.

Talya: Song never revealed finder.

I do like Aemon's role-finder power, that would explain more but Red is right about alignments being ambiguous.

That's all for now, can we get a vote count?

Aemon, you missed the point of my first line here: I was pointing out that RED instigated the calling Song finder, it wasn't placing doubt but instead recognizing the person that jumped to conclusions because thereafter everyone started calling Song finder though she herself never claimed the role.

As for Tinker/Red, I derailed it because it was annoying and going nowhere. sleep.gif

Player: and that applies HOW?

Aemon you're all over the map today - you pull up a case on Tinker and then in the span of a heart beat you jump on with a vote on AJ? Suddenly you're not suspicious of Tinker anymore? I have to agree with AJ on this one that you're missing the point of her post. You've done a lot of that this game - once or twice I can understand but this is patterned, and it appears that you are purposely distorting things - maybe to cause confusion.

Vote Aemon

Red continues questioning Song and fighting with Tink. Red and Ed get taken out. Red is scum Ed is town. Speed lynch on Kaylen. I got things confused due to RL concerns and made myself look a total a$$. still think the lynch on Kaylen was a runaway train. Hard to call it anything else when it goes that fast without a finders viewing.

Edit: looks like my next to last post didn't go through last night. Here it is. Had two window open while dowing this.

@ AJ- please look at what I said again. You did not derail the Red/Tink fight, you started them at it again thereby derailing the Player's Pie discussion. I find it odd that you are claiming to have derailed the Red/Tinker argument.

@Aust- as I said before I started, his was a reread and I was posting my thoughts as I went. I never claimed to be casing anyone. Before ibstarted o voiced my suspicion of Tinker because he stuck out to menmost before rereading. Now I feel like AJ is more likely to be scum than Tink. It comes down to 2 things. 1) AJ is experienced enough to play subtly and make it look like the last mafia is inexperienced. 2) Tink is not very experienced making it possible that he just didn't see that Red might have just been egging him on.

All in all, I think AJ deserves my vote right now

Ok, posting something worthwhile...

I did a reread and I found Aemon to be fairly suspicious.

4 votes isn't really much pressure when we need Something like 11 votes for a lynch.

Too much explaining, buddyo.

FOS Limi, too, for that last post. :laugh:

This reason here. Makes me HEAVILY want to vote him.

And gotta say Limi could very well be a teammate. On the other hand, so could Red and Limi could just be naive. tongue.gif

This screams scum to me. You FoS Vanion, then Limi, then Red. You claim to HEAVILY want to vote Vanion, but you don't. And you don't tell us why you aren't voting for him. It looks to me like you are encouraging a lynch on him while preparing fo him to flip innocent. I will definitely be changing my vote before deadline, but not until I hear from both Vanion and Ed.

While a good point, since Ed was NK'd, it make me suspicious of Aemon.

I actually see more scummyness in Ed's post than I do in Vanion's. As I said before, I will change my vote after I have heard from both of them. I don't feel like spending all day voting and unvoting.

Furthermore after this since Red agreed with you wholeheartedly and then turns out to be scum. I know it could be just her jumping on your argument, but since I only have the past posts to go on, it seems a bit fishy toward you.

(After reading that recap) Ed, were you talking about my not putting a vote on Vanion? LOL. All I said was that 4votes is not pressure. I never said I wanted to apply pressure to him. I was simply commenting on all the people that talking about pressure. Your reaction to this (FoSing me) makes me think you should be the one to go down today. I honestly don't find Vanion's post as scummy as what you are doing.

just to make sure...UNVOTE

VOTE ED

Close to the end of Day One and you decide to vote for Ed instead of Van, who was the closest BY FAR to getting a lynch. That doesn't seem very town to me.

Oddly enough, Aust's post is the one that is pinging me most. TMD clearly stated that LED was in a coma and was not allowed to post. I think his trying to pressure LED looks bad.

I also think the lynch on Kaylen is building up way to fast. I'm going to wait until she has a chance to say something before casting a vote, but my first instinct right now is to go for Aust.

Trying to take the attention from Kaylen?

And there here, votes against Kaylen.

29 hours to deadline. I can't help but feel that the votes on Kaylen built up too fast and on some very weak casing. Aust was the one that started with the accusations and many people just fell right in with him without hesitation.

VOTE AUST

With just over a day to go we still have plenty of time for discussion.

Seems fishy since she flipped scum. And that was an accident (which I totally understand), but the next post was kind of defending her too.

I was curious about Tiink after all the talk between him and Red.

UNVOTE

VOTE RED

You can't say screams scum from a single post. Its day one, what you know about anyone, already unless they outright say it, is minimal and its hard to make an educated guess.. and just pin pointing someone from the first day... meh just makes it look like you're trying to take the attention off yourself

This post is interesting. I hadn't seen any “attention” really on Red at all, so I'm not sure where he got the idea that she was trying to take it away from herself. Buuuut after all the back and forth, while it was distracting, I really don't think he is mafia *shrugs * maybe that's naïve.

** I should point out that Ameon has posted many more times than this, these are just what I found suspicious. More later, gots RL stuff to do for now.

I don't know what more you want me to say, Song. I find both AJ and Tink to be most suspicious at the moment. AJ because of restarting the Tinker/Red fight when it seemed settled and derailing talk of Player's (possible) PR and Tink because the fight was a distraction from everything that was happening and he was involved in it. Is there anything specific you would like me to explain?

I don't like how you pretty much tried to derail the whole Kaylen thing. You vote Aust with 29 hrs to go claiming there was plenty of time left for discussion and you wanted to hear from her, when you know how games here on DM work. 29 hours is no time at all. Also you accused Aust of starting the Kaylen train, trying to throw suspicion on him. Aust explains himself and you unvote. Aust also points out the day before you found some of her posts scummy and then you kind of flip the next day. You say you called out Kaylen to be active and she became more active so you left her alone, but she wasn't active. She also didn't come back on to defend herself, and you also never voted for her before deadline. Then you claim you didn't vote her because the bandwagon went too fast, but she was in fact scum, and the best case of the day, considering what little we have to go on. And then you casually bring up WIFOM, but then just as casually say you're going to disregard it. All this is in the last two pages (I have my settings set to 40 posts per page) so I am not going to quote anything. Anyway, so all of that seems pretty off to me.

Archived