DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How old are you? What gender?

randsc

Female, 32. Will be 33 soon. I'm also a Lightsider, meaning I try to take the characters' flaws in context as much as possible. I have always found Rand to be one of the more intriguing characters but that's mainly because of how much effort RJ put into developing his psyche.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rand, Matt (especially after humbling the two princelings in Dragon Reborn), I definitely liked Nynaeve by about book six. Min was always awesome.

About the only character I didn't like was Masema...I am glad he is dead. He should have died a little worse, kinda like how Boba Fett went out in Return of the Jedi- an accidental death like his horse spooks and runs him off a cliff.

I consider most of the Forsaken a few steps above Imperial Stormtroopers. The coolest ones by far are Lanfear and Ishmeal. Demandred...well he has potential but we still don't know much about him or where he really is....that is kinda cool.

Oh duh- Male 33 love to fish, hike, play LOTRO and Empire Total War. Play a little guitar too from time time.

HI,

i am female and next week I will be 66 years old. Just in case you all think I am way too old, my mother reads the series and she id 86 years old.

So does my son at 33 years. WOT is a family affair.

The Wheel of Time appeals to all ages and both sexes. My family have all been reading WOT since 1991 and eagerly wait for each new book. I dont know how many times I have had to replace my copies because they have been read so much.

As for my favorite characters, that has changed many times over the years.

I liked Egwene in the beginning but now dislike her intensely. I was lukewarm on Nynaeve but now she is one of my favorites. I like reading the Rand and Matt plots. Perrin got lost in the snow but is beginning to show signs of life.

Male, 28

Favorites are Mat, Rand, Talmanes, Logain, Rhuarc, the Wise One Dreamwalkers

Used to like Perrin and Elyane, but they kind of got boring.

I'm on and off about Nynaeve. Sometimes she annoys me, but I usually smile when she solves problems with physical violence :laugh:

I don't like Faile and I'm not a big fan of most of the Aes Sedai.

Lol. I'm wondering if I should be offended.

Why? I think he was asking for your phone number

:wink:

I'm male, 28 years old.

I always was in Rand's corner (started reading the series in my teens), and I also like Mat's chapters (most of the time), and Elayne's. Oh, Nynaeve and Moiraine are really growing on me for several years now. And I really liked Egwene between KoD and TGS (I think that one has more to do with her growing up than it does me). And Elaeldin, he's always a treat. And many others.

It's amazing to me how the Wheel of Time series attracts such a young audience, with a median age around 25. Here are a few lines to put the age of the series in perspective:

The Eye of the World was first published in 1990 when Robert Jordan was 41 years old. That's 21 years ago. If you were the same age as RJ, you are 62 now.

If you were married, had a couple of kids, and were somewhat comfortably established in your career when The Eye of the World was first published, you are about 51 now.

If you had just gotten old enough to rent a car from a major agency when The Eye of the World was first published, you are 46 now.

If you had just reached legal drinking age and decided to celebrate with a beer and a new hardback copy of The Eye of the World, you are 42 now.

If you registered to vote as soon as you were old enough, and bought a new-release hardback copy of The Eye of The World on your way home from the registrar's office, you are 39 now.

If your mom required you to prove you were literate before allowing you to get your first driver's license, and you did it by reading the newly-released Eye of the World, you are 37 now.

If you had just started High School and discovered The Eye of the World on the New Releases shelf at your school library, you are 36 now.

If you were a nerdy bookworm middle school kid and got a new-release copy of The Eye of the World to escape adolescent angst, you are 33 or 34 now.

If you were just learning to read when the Eye of the World was first published, you are 27 now. You probably didn't notice the Wheel of Time series before you were 14, which was when the 8th book, The Path of Daggers, was a new release.

If you were in preschool when the Eye of the World was first published, you are 25 now. You probably didn't notice the Wheel of Time series before you were 14, which was when the 9th book, Winter's Heart, was a new release.

If you were a newborn when the Eye of the World was first published, you are 21 now. You probably didn't notice the Wheel of Time series before you were 14, which was when the prequel, New Spring, was a new release, and between the releases of the Crossroads of Twilight and Knife of Dreams, the 10th and 11th books.

If you are 20 now, you were born a few months after the Great Hunt, the 2nd book, was first published, and in the same year The Dragon Reborn, the 3rd book, was first published.

If you are 19 now, you were born the year The Shadow Rising, the 4th book, was first published.

If you are 18 now, you were born the year The Fires of Heaven, the 5th book, was first published. You were 14 and probably about old enough to start reading The Wheel of Time books the same year Robert Jordan died.

If you are 17 now, you were born the year Lord of Chaos, the 6th book, was first published.

If you are 15 now, just discovered the Wheel of Time series, and are reading this instead of doing your homework, you were born the year A Crown of Swords, the 7th book, was first published.

18, Male. Just discovered and read the series last summer (a friend recommended it after a teacher recommended it to him).

I like Mat, Rand, Egwene was good until she turned on her own principles, Nyn is good, but I still can't spell her full name. Moiraine is good in the books she is in. Faile and Perrin are rather annoying together, but I think I get the lovebirds things, I just wish they would stop being so clingy to each other already (and nice one Perrin for finally stepping up, it only took you 14 books, but you managed it before the LB).

I'm 20. *Sweeps an elaborate bow.* Thank you... thank you. You can stop clapping now. :tongue:

My favorite is Mat. Well... later in the books anyway. He is bloody irritating at time in the earlier books. :tongue:

Otherwise I'm rather fond of Rand, Lan, Thom, Nynaeve, Talmanes, Loial and Birgitte. Probably some other that slipped my mind.

Perrin kinda annoys me when he is being a wimp around the Aes Sedai and stuff.

Hmmmmm... I dislike... *looks around furtively.* Padan Fain. That weasel irritates me big time. Oh and that idiot child of the light. The one biased towards Perrin. There plenty of others... Liandrin and the rest of those kinda Aes Sedai. *nods.*

Guest Barbio

65, Female

Reading WOT since 1993.

Love most characters as they grow like real people especially Rand.

I really like this site....a long-time lurker.

Archived