DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Tattoo

Guest MattZupka

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was thinking of getting the phrase "Life is a Dream" inked on my arm, that or the death feather duty mountain phrase. Don't have any tatts right now, scared of needles, and would like to know how badly it actually hurts

That's a cool idea. Would you be incorporating anything else (spear/shoufa sounds kinda cool to me). As far as the pain goes, it really depends on where you get the tattoo. I've got 4, two that are 1/2 sleeves (upper arms), one on my chest and one on my forearm. The forearm hurt the least, but the bicep part of the arm was also pretty much painless. It's more of a an annoyance (especially the buzzing). If you're not going with super huge than you'll go numb pretty quick and likely be done with it before it goes to the other side. If you're going to go larger, and you don't have a lot of pain tolerance you can break it in to smaller chunks so it's not as bad. I did both 1/2 sleeves in one sitting and my arms were on fire by the end of it. That was about 8 hours each. 

The best advice I can give for getting past the pain part is to bring a friend along who is a chatty person. On some of the more painful parts having someone talking to you  about something that will engage you in the conversation (you really need to think about responses and respond, not just listen to them) can make you pretty much forget about what's going on. 

Before doing the tattoo make sure you research the artist and see what kind of work they have done, and what they specialize in. You don't want to wind up with something that looks like crap. Also don't skimp on price. If they only charge $50 for a tattoo that takes 2 hours and covers your forearm then I'd be scared. Location matters when doing the price as if it's a tough place to tattoo (ie ribs, lip, face) they will charge a lot more. So if you're putting a nice piece that goes from wrist to elbow you can expect to spend $200+ from a reasonably good artist. 

If you're in the northwest I'd be happy to hook you up with the guy who did mine. He's really reasonable on price, and does exceptional work (you can see one sleeve in the earlier post). My wife has 2 and is getting a 3rd from him, I've got the two sleeves. Be happy to share some pictures. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Blackajah50

That is fantastic!    I have a raven on the back of my neck.  Not strictly a WOT tattoo, but I'd been wanting another one for ages and was inspired whilst reading AMOL.   Will try and upload a pic here when I can work out how - or at least resize one as a profile pic.  

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my WoT tattoo!! I've been planning this one out for a while. I knew I wanted the serpent-wheel logo somewhere, but I really couldn't make up my mind... Until this week!

This is my artist's take on the classic serpent/wheel logo. Totally custom piece. I'm thrilled.

It's still new, and definitely still healing.. It has that shiny fresh-ink look.

SKIto3Y.jpg?3

lICSL4S.jpg?2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Long time lurker and first time poster here.

WoT has been a constant part of my life and influential in the way  I perceive the world, I use the Flame and the Void technique during meditation and lucid dreaming experiences and often become enveloped in WoT lore. I've always loved the beauty of flafro's sleeve dedicated to Mat and know that as I continue to cover myself in ink I'll be incorporating WoT into it.  Pminze, NicholasFallon, Windstrider, lummy, msd05d, Plazmuh, Vardarmus, Bandenjamin, thisiscooling, Grond, Zmann966, Rahburt Leioh, Rand alSaurus, and Arkadious's tattoos are some of my favourites. I've always felt that tattoos can be one way for people to express and remind themselves about what they are passionate about. 

Because of that, since day one of me adding ink onto my skin I've had WoT imagery in mind. I've had two chapter symbols on my right forearm which is 'evil' themed for a decade now and the snake and wheel on my neck for almost a year. 

Dark One and Dagger of Shadar Logoth

Snake and Wheel of Time

Guest darksome

so, finally i can post something, hahaha...
i like the same colors as thisiscooling, apparently, so the banner has a very similar color

my first tattoo ever, and thinking back, it really wasn't as terrible as i feared it would be, hehehe... and it took only 2 hours!!
very happy with the result!

tat.jpg

• 5 months later...

so, finally i can post something, hahaha...
i like the same colors as thisiscooling, apparently, so the banner has a very similar color

my first tattoo ever, and thinking back, it really wasn't as terrible as i feared it would be, hehehe... and it took only 2 hours!!
very happy with the result!

tat.jpg

Very pretty and refined :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived