DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Tattoo

Guest MattZupka

Took me a few attempts but I got it to work in the end. This one healed worse than any other tattoo I've ever had, hence the patchiness of the black in places. I'm also planning on having a WoT half sleeve on my upper right arm and trying to incorporate as much of the story/characters into it as possible. I just have to work out what will work and look good there, and ideally find a tattoo artist that loves WoT.

aIMG00024-20120316-0251.jpg

edited because I messed up the image upload

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vardarmus, what phrases have you come up with for Mat and Rand? Those might help you decide for Perrin.

For Mat I'm doing Dovie'andi se tovya sagain. I'll eventually get Rand's Borderland phrase, but for now I'll stick with Mats. I'm thinking the Red Eagle for Perrin, above the Aiel crossed spears for Rand, in the middle of the shield, one Die (dice) to represent Mat. With Dovie'andi se tovya sagain beneath it all. I have a rendition of it on my home computer, I'll post it when I get off work.

I also like the “Til Water is Gone, Til Shade is gone” phrase. That’s kinda long however.

Been a huge fan of RJ's Wheel of Time for years and of this site, first time posting though. I got my WoT tattoo done yesterday (first one ever). I've been thinking about it for some time now, ever since I started reading the books 10 years ago. I found a great artist who had awesome vision when I showed him what I was thinking. Decided on the snake and wheel design from the main WoT symbol in black with some grey shading, and the artist did an awesome job on details and finished look.

WoT Tat 2

WoT Tat 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been a huge fan of RJ's Wheel of Time for years and of this site, first time posting though. I got my WoT tattoo done yesterday (first one ever). I've been thinking about it for some time now, ever since I started reading the books 10 years ago. I found a great artist who had awesome vision when I showed him what I was thinking. Decided on the snake and wheel design from the main WoT symbol in black with some grey shading, and the artist did an awesome job on details and finished look.

I like them. I've never really considered taking a tattoo. But one like that wouldn't be to bad :)

NewTattooFinal-1.jpg

Ok so this is what I'm toying with. It's just the initial design, I'm going to send it to my tattoo artist now to see what he can do with it. I tried to incorporate Mat, Rand and Perrin in one unique image. What do you think?

Maybe a ashandari crossing a quater staff, or a bow, or an arrow? What about a cannon?

I love that one.

My next planned tats are of some wolf prints on my butt( no I will not post pics of that one) ;) and then I think I'll get the dragon done with the metalic inks, just dont know were i'll get the dragon thou

I'm worried that I know where you will put the dragon.

• 2 months later...

Man,

This thread is really giving me the tattoo itch. I had gotten my first one about a year and a half ago. It was a picture of the keywork, representing the universe of coheed and cambria. Once you get your first tattoo, you get over the stigma over them. It really does not hurt and a well placed tattoo is a work of art. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Plazmuh

I've always wanted a tattoo but I've never been sure what I want. I've now decided I'm getting two half sleeves/sleeves, one dedicated to Wheel of Time and one dedicated to ASOIAF. I'm starting the Wheel of Time one first. The general theme is going to be ravens with dice as a tribute to Mat, the next part is going to have the actual Wheel underneath the Raven. I cannot wait til it's finished.

PPBhO.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived