DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Tattoo

Guest MattZupka

I wouldnt mind getting a wot tat.... but i once when I was drunk i made an oath, infront of witnesses, that if I was gonna get another tatoo i'd get a tatoo of a butt on my butt - and on the tatoo of the butt, there'd be a little tiny tatoo of another butt.

:( I'm trapped.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldnt mind getting a wot tat.... but i once when I was drunk i made an oath, infront of witnesses, that if I was gonna get another tatoo i'd get a tatoo of a butt on my butt - and on the tatoo of the butt, there'd be a little tiny tatoo of another butt.

:( I'm trapped.

*snickers* that would be so funny! DO IT!!! lol

Man, some of these tattoo's are amazing.

Flafro, Pminze, NicholasFallon, Windstrider, you guys are all hugely inspirational. Everyone else has great work as well, but something to be said for these amazing tattoo's.

I've been a huge fan of the WoT books for years now, first picked them up 12 years ago and I've re-read them with every new book that has come out. I've been planning a tattoo for awhile now, and working on figuring out how to incorporate it into the other work I want to have done. You guys are truly inspirational in what you've done, and it's amazing to see the artwork put to life and dedication to a book series I equally love.

I'm currently working on getting both sleeves done, though it is a fairly slow process as tattoo's are expensive. I've been planning many things to incorporate into it, but deciding on exactly what and where has been a slow process.

I actually decided to finally join this website for this exact purpose. I've been looking up WoT quotations all evening, and plan on incorporating some words into what I want to get done. I also plan on using some of the Chapter marker images as highlights on various spots, which I think could turn out really cool.

My main plan is to incorporate the logo with the spear, but some of these tattoo's have given me some different directions I may want to go. I'm planning on doing it on my left forearm, and so I want to detail things out a bit further before I bring the ideas to my artist.

I know what I have currently isn't WoT related, but I'm hoping to go with an overall medieval/fantasy theme, and so this will help with the concept I think. I'll post more when I have more work done.

This is my current right arm/shoulder tattoo:

Photo%252520on%2525202011-09-12%252520at%25252001.16.jpg

Photo%252520on%2525202011-09-12%252520at%25252001.16%252520%2525232.jpg

A good artist will be able to make what you want work, after a redraw or two. If youre going full sleeve it just pick a few images and shop them around. I put my tattoo together in photo shop. And then just explained what I wanted the clouds to do. I love the spear and wheel and it looks cool even if people don't know exactly what it is.

If I'd get a WoT tattoo, it would probably be something like this, only the snake being different color.

wheeloftime.jpg

WoT has a lot of nice symbols that one could get as tattoos and still not appear as nerdy fantasy geek if that's what you're afraid of. Good examples in this thread are the Aes Sedai symbol and that snake & wheel symbol xD

I noticed that you are from Finland. If you actually want a photorealistic tattoo done well, there aren't too many tattoo artists that can do it properly. I think most of the people have seen those sad results when photorealistic tattoos have gone wrong. So pick with care ;) This aplies to all people everywhere in the world. Photorealistic tattoos are extremely hard to make good and you should take great care in selecting the artist and seeing his/hers recent works.

If you live in the southern part of country, I would recommend Jussi Uusitalo from Turku, he has done few pictures for me and my gf, and he's one of the best photorealistic tattooartists I have ever encountered. Nowadays he actually makes mostly photorealistic pictures. He's expensive and the line is long, but it's worth it to get it right on the first time.

Myself... I'm planning on taking that Snakes & Foxes logo on my right wrist, left arm is dedicated to oriental pictures.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm rather proud of my WoT Tattoo.

I didn't get it because I think I'm the dragon reborn!! I've tried channeling but alas as yet there's is no light beyond the void!!!

I got it because it reminds me that despite all my flaws as a person, a husband and a father I am a good person despite them and I just make some silly mistakes occasionally (but don't we all).

post-2383-0-41571300-1320411430_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

This was done over a year ago but this photo is from when it was fresh (really fresh, like day after) I plan on adding a dragon in the style of the pins the asha'man wear to either side :)

post-21856-0-89543900-1326499660_thumb.jpg

@ FizzLiz.

It looks like it says "Death is lighter than a feoother"

Did they mess up or, is it just my eyes?

LoL I can see why you think that, but I assure you that it says "feather". It is the way the lettering of the "a" and the "t" come close to touching. lol I need to update with another photo now that it has healed.

• 1 month later...

I'm still trying to decide what to get for my first WoT Tat. I kinda want: Dovie'andi se tovya sagain, actually I know I want that, and I'll probably toss some dice in with it, but I also like the Aiel spears. If I could find a good image of Mat's ashandarei, with the Raven's on it, I'd probably just get that, but Alas I cannot. For some reason the big red hand doesn't appeal to me, I'm too dark to make it red, and it's not too exciting. Any ideas about a Matrim themed Tat?

A friend of mine has a few WoT tattoos. He has the main WoT symbol (snake and wheel) on the underside of his right forearm, with the Forsaken chapter icon (snake and...square) underneath it. On the top of that forearm he has Fain's dagger (the chapter icon again), and his left arm isn't really a WoT tattoo per se, but certainly inspired by it. He has a Chinese dragon wrapped around that arm, but it's much different than Rand's (facing the opposite direction for one, with the head closer to the shoulder). It's also primarily green and gold, and he also has lightning and storm clouds as a background to make it a sleeve. Probably also wanted to avoid any mishaps if some Aiel happened to think he was posing as a clan chief.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I'm actually designing right now, I have a phrase I like of Mat's, and Rand's but finding something of Perrin sucks. It's seriously hard. We'll see what I come up with.

For Perrin, how about a Beard. On that beard, is another beard. Coming out of that beard is a bearded fist. The man is like Chuck Norris.

Thanks. I'm actually designing right now, I have a phrase I like of Mat's, and Rand's but finding something of Perrin sucks. It's seriously hard. We'll see what I come up with.

For Perrin, how about a Beard. On that beard, is another beard. Coming out of that beard is a bearded fist. The man is like Chuck Norris.

For perrin, how about having a hammer and an ax crossing each other?

Archived