DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Did the Maidens Find?

Luckers

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if it is Verin? Without anything in her teeth and not riding Bela. Just plain old Verin. Brewing a cup of tea. Being her sneaky self.

Nah, probably not. Still, if she had a mission for Mat, why not Perrin?

Because she had no intention of going to Mat in the first place and it was his ta`vereness that pulled her stubbornly along. So unless Perrin did something similiar (which I suppose is possible) then she probably wouldnt go to Perrin.

Because she had no intention of going to Mat in the first place and it was his ta`vereness that pulled her stubbornly along. So unless Perrin did something similiar (which I suppose is possible) then she probably wouldnt go to Perrin.

You actually believed that line she fed Mat? Wow! I'm impressed.

I actually like this idea - Mat noticed that she had several other leters in her bag. I hope she had one for Perrin also.

You actually believed that line she fed Mat? Wow! I'm impressed.

I actually like this idea - Mat noticed that she had several other leters in her bag. I hope she had one for Perrin also.

I don't think it is actually Verin, since the Maidens said some thing by the road, not a person. But it could be a letter along with some other thing that would unsettle the Maidens...maybe some tied-off weave marking where the letter is? Maybe they found Tomas' warder cloak covering up the letter. Although I have no idea why they wouldn't have just brought Perrin the cloak + letter in that case.

I still think its the sword-statue...but Verin always seems to be involved somehow.

They come across the same thing that caused Hopper to force Perrin out of the Wolf/Human dream in the prologue.

I just can't for the life of me remember what that might have been.

And my stupid company firewall prevents me from using my Kindle program when I'm at work.

They come across the same thing that caused Hopper to force Perrin out of the Wolf/Human dream in the prologue.

I just can't for the life of me remember what that might have been.

And my stupid company firewall prevents me from using my Kindle program when I'm at work.

Someone laughing and causing TAR to shake? (Seemingly Moghedian or perhaps Slayer?)

They found the statue Rand described to Nynaeve.

When and where did this happen? I don't remember a thing of it.

From tGS, ch. 44:

As Nynaeve climbed off of Moonlight and handed the reins to a ruddy-faced stable worker, Rand walked past her.

"Look for a statue," he said.

"What?" she asked with surprise.

He glanced back at her, stopping. "You asked where Perrin was. He's camped with an army beneath the shade of an enormous fallen statue shaped like a sword stabbing the earth. I'm certain scholars here can tell you where it is; it's very distinctive."

There are ruins all over the place. Why would this particular statue cause the Maidens to say "I think Perrin needs to to see this. Like NOW." They do their very best to pretend not to see anything sword-shaped unless someone is swinging it at them.

I don't think it has anything to do with the wolves, because iirc, they don't know about the wolf dream. Maybe they found the wreckage from Tylee's battle with the Trollocs. Or the battle where Asunawa was killed.

From reading this thread I'm thinking that yeah, it might be tinkers. A statue of a sword would make the maidens uncomfortable, but concerned? I don't think so. Given Perrin's feelings about the Tinkers which are pretty well known among his comrades, I think that Tinkers would be more likely to make the maidens smell/look "concerned".

Joking aside, I think there's something wrong in Perrin's company -- something more than just Perrin being Perrin. Perhaps it'll show proof of some misdoing. Perhaps a dead body of someone who is to all appearances part of Perrin's company, and they've been doing stuff.

I don't know. :) I just think there's something big to this. Might not be.

A pile of dead tinkers next to the statue.

There, is everyone happy now? :biggrin:

wolves and tinkers nailed to the statue?

A pile of dead trollocs in a heap next to some slaughtered tinkers beside a pile of dead wolves nailed to the statue with a note left by Slayer and Darkhound footprints in the side of it.

There, that should cover it all. :laugh:

A pile of dead trollocs in a heap next to some slaughtered tinkers beside a pile of dead wolves nailed to the statue with a note left by Slayer and Darkhound footprints in the side of it.

...and Graendal dancing around it all singing "la la la I killed Asmodean" whilst Olver rides up on Bela and the horse and boy merge like the T1000 in Terminator 2 to become Demandred.

(edited a typo)

...and Graendal dancing around it all singing "la la la I killed Asmodean" whilst Olver rides up on Bela and the horse and boy merge like the T1000 in Terminator 2 to become Demandred.

(edited a typo)

ohhh, good ones. I forgot them.

Also include Taim sipping tea with Moridin and Demandred. Suprisingly, he turns out to just be Taim!

Also, Noal is there with his cousin Jain and a bunch of Sharan Ayyad.

It's a surprise Birthday Party.... Perrin doesn't get Aiel humor either, so he'll wig out and go running straight into the side of a huge ancient leatherleaf, then it starts talking to him and he's got ANOTHER problem to kvetch over until TG.

Jeeez.. three pages o'this bilge since Wednesday?

Archived