DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mat should dump Tuon and get with Aludra

Lena

I liked the funny "love affair" between Mat and Tuon, but it turns out that Tuon is quite an ignorant narrow minded little girl.

I don't want each of the 3 male heroes end up with an annoying bi***.

Aludra certainly is alot more fun to be with than this little royal brat.

Maybe we get lucky and Tuon dies ;D in a battle against Rand. Then we're rid of her and Mat becomes Master of the Seanchan.

Min - the only lovely girl of the 'heroes', with sexy shorts.

Elayne - arrogant, ungrateful, and her love for Rand never explained, probably a career decision.

Aviendha - extra dumb Aiel, but with a hot body.

Faile - spoiled brat, extremely bitchy and likes to command all and everything around.

I'd have liked it more if some of the main characters would have ended up alone, but apparently, each of them has to have company. This is one of the points on which RJ has been far too conservative.

Anyway, back on topic, I've frequently thought that Mat could get on well with Aludra, but there was always this foretelling of the finns that his wife would be the Daughter of the Nine Moons...

As for Elayne, same for Min actually and some other characters in the series, I've never understood whether it was a design in the pattern or a storytelling need or some fool girl brain disfunctionality, but it's quite strange to fall madly in love at first glance, with no further discussion and for this love to never fade, even this far away for this long as they've been.

It seems the case is quite common in Randland.

Aviendha = great, Elayne = great, Min = great, Faile = awesome, Tuon = pawnage

And yes I'm being serious.

I especially despise Fail for turning the free people of the two rivers into authority groveling spitlicking subjects - and Perrin for letting it happen.

Sure it's basically a law of nature, that good calm guys end up with annoying furies, but I don't have to like it :)

I'd have liked it more if some of the main characters would have ended up alone, but apparently, each of them has to have company. This is one of the points on which RJ has been far too conservative.

Anyway, back on topic, I've frequently thought that Mat could get on well with Aludra, but there was always this foretelling of the finns that his wife would be the Daughter of the Nine Moons...

As for Elayne, same for Min actually and some other characters in the series, I've never understood whether it was a design in the pattern or a storytelling need or some fool girl brain disfunctionality, but it's quite strange to fall madly in love at first glance, with no further discussion and for this love to never fade, even this far away for this long as they've been.

It seems the case is quite common in Randland.

I have to say, there was one particular scene, where Elayne's thinking about Birgitte's loneliness, and how awful it must be, and then she thinks that " she couldn't bear it if anything happened to Rand.

WTF? She spent what, one afternoon in Caemlyn, maybe a few hours in Falme, a week or two in Tear, then one night in a bed with him, and that's supposed to measure up to Birgitte and Gaidal's relationship?

It's the way she says it, I've always thought it really read like she was seeing a direct comparison between her feelings and Birgitte's.

Now! Got that off my chest.

Aviendha = great, Elayne = great, Min = great, Faile = awesome, Tuon = pawnage

And yes I'm being serious.

I especially despise Fail for turning the free people of the two rivers into authority groveling spitlicking subjects - and Perrin for letting it happen.

Sure it's basically a law of nature, that good calm guys end up with annoying furies, but I don't have to like it :)

free? they are all slaves of the pattern.

I liked the funny "love affair" between Mat and Tuon, but it turns out that Tuon is quite an ignorant narrow minded little girl.

I don't want each of the 3 male heroes end up with an annoying bi***.

Aludra certainly is alot more fun to be with than this little royal brat.

Maybe we get lucky and Tuon dies ;D in a battle against Rand. Then we're rid of her and Mat becomes Master of the Seanchan.

Min - the only lovely girl of the 'heroes', with sexy shorts.

Elayne - arrogant, ungrateful, and her love for Rand never explained, probably a career decision.

Aviendha - extra dumb Aiel, but with a hot body.

Faile - spoiled brat, extremely bitchy and likes to command all and everything around.

I have to disagree with all of this. 

The women are fully fleshed out characters who compliment their husbands very well. Sometimes love isn't explained, it just happens.

With Faile/Perrin, she has played a huge role in helping him mature into a competent leader who accepts his responsibility and the consequences of his actions. 

The people of Two Rivers are still free. Faile did nothing to them. She DID help Perrin become a good Lord, however. Which, in time of need, they accidentally DO need.

With Faile/Perrin, she has played a huge role in helping him mature into a competent leader who accepts his responsibility and the consequences of his actions.

Oh yea.  Like remember that time he sold hundreds of women into slavery?  That is what I call a damn competent, mature and responsible leader.  Who wouldn't sell out defenceless women to a life where they will steadily have their free will stripped from them all for the little piece of ass you found missing one day?

Oh yea.  Like remember that time he sold hundreds of women into slavery?  That is what I call a damn competent, mature and responsible leader.  Who wouldn't sell out defenceless women to a life where they will steadily have their free will stripped from them all for the little piece of ass you found missing one day?

the shaido wise ones  deserve whatever  fate they brought upon themselves, they are far from innocent they  distorted their own culture to prop up the joke of a  fill in clan chief in the form of power mad sevanna some killed one of their own just so the other wise ones would use the one power in battle. in books like in life you make choices and you  have to  pay for those choices eventually. the shaido had to  be dealt with and they were. I  dont think Faile is just a piece of ass to  perrin she is the only family he has left.

the shaido wise ones  deserve whatever  fate they brought upon themselves,

No one deserves to have a collar put around their neck, to have their spirit slowly and surely broken, to have their very free will stolen from them.  Not their freedom, their very free will, the very fabric of being human.  No one deserves that.

they are far from innocent they  distorted their own culture to prop up the joke of a  fill in clan chief in the form of power mad sevanna some killed one of their own just so the other wise ones would use the one power in battle.

For the most part many were innocent.  Distorting of culture is not a crime punishable by the measures I named above.  Culture is fluid.  Who are you to say they are not allowed to abandon a culture of their own making?  They made mistakes, no one denies that.  But notice that Sevanna's group was a small collection of Wise Ones, and Sevanna was as smart as a serpent.  She bound the most willful Wise Ones to her.  Death may be they deserved.. they have recieved something worse than all the forgotten torments of hell.

I  dont think Faile is just a piece of ass to  perrin she is the only family he has left.

It was because of Faile that Perrin got sidetracked for weeks on her, trying to rescue her, when he was needed elsewhere.  He had a greater duty to the Pattern than to his wife.  And in the end he sold his soul to have her back.  Who gave him the right to bargain for his wife using the freedom of others as the currency?

I'm like 'WTF?'.

They are his enemies? Defenseless woman? Wise Ones?

Perrin is retarded for loving Faile and wasting a LOT of his army's time trying to rescue Faile, instead of taking the Prophet back to Rand.

Tuon is annoying. Plain and simple. She thinks everything Mat talks about is a myth or rumor, and won't take his threats about Trollocs seriously. And she told Rand what to do. B!tch.

Aludra is way better for Mat. She's cooler, and she can blow some flowers up to make pretty colors.

Perrin is retarded for loving Faile and wasting a LOT of his army's time trying to rescue Faile, instead of taking the Prophet back to Rand.

Tuon is annoying. Plain and simple. She thinks everything Mat talks about is a myth or rumor, and won't take his threats about Trollocs seriously. And she told Rand what to do. B!tch.

Aludra is way better for Mat. She's cooler, and she can blow some flowers up to make pretty colors.

I really like tuon and faile.. but then again i can see why people don't like them. but even from the start i really enjoy reading the mat and tuon stuff.

the shaido wise ones  deserve whatever  fate they brought upon themselves,

No one deserves to have a collar put around their neck, to have their spirit slowly and surely broken, to have their very free will stolen from them.  Not their freedom, their very free will, the very fabric of being human.  No one deserves that.

Erm, hold on a second.

Wtf?

Alright, I'm better. Did you fail to notice the 100,000 gai'shain? Sevanna was trying very hard to outdo the Seanchan da'covale and the Wise Ones weren't far behind.

As for this thread, I kinda like Tuon, so... no. Rand should definitely toss Elayne out of a gateway one hundred feet over Shayol Ghul though.

@Hadilmir: being gai'shain isn't the same as being collared. They don't have their free-will stolen from them, no more than prisoners anywhere. Being collared is far more direct and insidious. It's also permanent, unless the damane is 'rescued' and even then they often scream to be leashed again. Being gai'shain only lasts for a year and a day, and the prisoner knows it.

@hadilmir: being gai'shain isn't the same as being collared. They don't have their free-will stolen from them, no more than prisoners anywhere. Being collared is far more direct and insidious. It's also permanent, unless the damane is 'rescued' and even then they often scream to be leashed again. Being gai'shain only lasts for a year and a day, and the prisoner knows it.

You must've skipped the Faile chapters in WH and CoT, I know I thought about doing it often enough. Seriously, you're so far off that I can't even make an argument against it.

Being gai'shain only lasts for a year and a day, and the prisoner knows it.

And even Wetlanders whom were taken as "Gai'shan" and whom we can presume wouldn't have only served for a year-and-a-day would not have been treated as bad as collared damane.  The two forms of enslavement are in no way comparable.

Archived