DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who Would It Upset You The Most At This Point To Find Out Now Is a Darkfriend?

Thom would be a real bummer. Lan... naaaa can't be!!! Can it? Flynn and Narishma also.

About women we're not totally sure of, I think I just don't care. Alivia yeah, because she's so strong.

Among the others, few would upset me. Surprise for sure, disappoint maybe, but upset, quite not.

Edit: Dark Bela would surely upset tons of people.

Bela Is the Creator in disguise didn't you know that?

P.S. Shein I quoted your Bela Idea over in my Insanely hilarious theories (just for the fun of it) that's a great one ;D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say Narishma or Damer Flinn would upset me the most.

I was way off with Dashiva. I liked his name, so I liked him.

I have no idea how I missed that he was a Forsaken for so long.

I really like Narishma, so he'd be a blow.

A guy that can walk around with bells in his hair and still be a badass is just great in my opinion.

The reason they'd bother me is they could easily be darkfriends, buy my hunch is they're not.

I don't want to be lead by the nose to trust someone, only to have them turned on me for shock value only.

Any character that is set up to be so trustworthy, then turns out to be a darkfriend doesn't do anything for me.

Verin was set up to be suspected, so I suspected her. However, I liked her whole story, and how it turned out.

You're supposed to suspect any Ashaman or Aes Sedai to be a darkfriend, which is why I like going out on a limb to trust those two.

Tam, Thom and Moraine would be the only that I wouldn't be happy about.  As for everyone else, like other posters said it's the story.  Also, we haven't seen enough DF's on Light's side as it were; we had Ingtar, who nearly got Rand killed but that was book 2 and we had Verin, who doesn't really count.  I want people high in the Light's councils to be revealed.

Well there is Taim.  He's pretty high in the light's counsels and will very likely be revealed as a DF.  I always though RJ might pull out some plot twist where it turns out that it is Taim who is good and Logain who is bad, but I doubt it more and more with each page.  I also highly suspect Dylin, she just seems too good to be true.

Damer Flinn.  Also I would not be too happy about Sorilea: I really liked the whole setup of Cadsuane finding an equal among the Aiel Wise Ones (and being one of the few Aes Sedai willing to recognize her as such, and perhaps the only one whom Sorilea would have accepted as an equal).  I would not like that to be spoiled.

The people I would be UPSET at being a DF....

well

1. Moiraine (of course, who wouldnt?)

2. Tuon (that would just be bad for Mat, he is in lvoe haha)

3. Birgitte (not possible, but jeez would that be sad)

4. Logain (i agree with others on this)

5. Melaine, Bair, Sorelia (Amys I think is a DF anyway, so it wouldnt upset me)

6. Leane (shes awesome)

7. Loial (that would just be tragic)

8. Tam (like the others)

9. Olver (who woulda guessed it, children can be DF too right? :D)

10. Narshima and Flynn (same reasons as others)

On the other hand, I would loooooove it if Taim turned out to NOT be a DF, that would show all of the Taimandred/Taimidin/Taim Chosen fans  :D

On the other hand, I would loooooove it if Taim turned out to NOT be a DF, that would show all of the Taimandred/Taimidin/Taim Chosen fans  :D

I agree completely, that would be great.

On another note: People have brought up Ogier.

Is that possible? Have we seen any Ogier at Dark Meetings?

I always thought they couldn't be darkfriends anymore then Trollocs can be lightfriends.

I look at them like wolves who we know always fight the shadow, unless they are turned to darkhounds (like rabies).

I would be disappointed if any of the minor major characters is revealed to be a DF. It is a bit late to do that and it would be a bit awkward to resort to this kind of plot trick at the very end of the story without any tangible warning in previous books (seeing "a kind of darkness" once in D. Bashere aura doesn't count).

Rhuarc: Muahahha, Rand Al'Thor, now we reveal ourselves.

Amys: Yeah, we spent 13 books doing nothing but aiding the light to divert you from the true Great Lord plan.

Bair: All this forsaken and Moridin crap was just a show to keep you busy while we kept an eye on you.

Davram Bashere: Mazrim Taim is my son, him shaving was my idea.

Sorilea: And by the way, I killed Asmodean.

I agree completely, that would be great.

On another note: People have brought up Ogier.

Is that possible? Have we seen any Ogier at Dark Meetings?

I always thought they couldn't be darkfriends anymore then Trollocs can be lightfriends.

I look at them like wolves who we know always fight the shadow, unless they are turned to darkhounds (like rabies).

We haven't seen any bad Ogier, but RJ has stated that is possible for them to be darkfriends just as much as anyone else. We don't know that many though, so unless Loial and his family, or Furyk turn out to be darkfriends it probably wont have much impact.

Thom would be a real bummer. Lan... naaaa can't be!!! Can it? Flynn and Narishma also.

About women we're not totally sure of, I think I just don't care. Alivia yeah, because she's so strong.

Among [those already mentioned], few would upset me. Surprise for sure, disappoint maybe, but upset, quite not.

However, among the list of current suspects, Noal Charin is the one I hope stays on the light side.  We know he was / is misused by Ishamael, but I'm sure I'm not alone in saying he's a great character.  I also think that with the amount of time he's spent with Thom, he'd have been called out by now. 

Noal puts me in mind of Moiraine's comment, in TEOTW before interrogating Fain, about 'nobody being so far gone to the Shadow that they cannot return to the Light', or words to that effect.

I v much suspect Noal to be essentially good, and to possibly consider himself to be good, but acting under Compulsion/ some other dastardly force.

Lan is the one that truly wouldn't make sense as Dark.

I believe Asunawa has been painted in a very sinister way, but is prob v Mordeth-y... no deed so dark it's not worth doing to defeat the Dark, etc etc...

I'd be upset if Wieramon wasn't a darkfriend.

Otherwise,

Thom, Moiraine, Lan, Faile, Bryne, and others that would be completely preposterous would make me upset.

If Agelmar was, I would be too because he did such a job of telling Lan's life story to his Two Rivers visitors that I couldn't believe it of him.  Uno, Balwer, Norry, Reene Harfor, people like that would be annoying to find out are DF's I guess.

But the question, Solmyr, is whether that would actually upset you...;-)

It most definitely would since the ending I am expecting involves Fain screwing the Dark One big time (as we know Fain's top goal is to kill Rand, but his close second is to kill Shaitan) and I also do expect that what the Finns do/don't do, tell or give the Randlanders will prove crucial for winning the LB. For one, it's almost certain Moiraine will leave the ToG alive and the Finns do not always let visitors stay for so long without eating them ;).

There are High Lord DF in all lands, Andor, Cairhein, Tear, Illian, probably alot of Seanchan, Aiel etc.  My guess is at least one of the AS with Mat is BA, my money's on Jolene.  Perrin has to have DFs, probably a fair number and of course Rand's followers.  There will probably be more than a few "good guys" that turn out to be bad.

@ Csarmi - I wouldn't put money on Perrin being able to tell if Faile is a DF. He thinks the sun shines out of her arse, and she's well crafty at hiding stuff from him. Also, her PoVs, IIRC, never touched on this specific subject?

Or were you not surprised at all by Verin?

Archived