DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who Would It Upset You The Most At This Point To Find Out Now Is a Darkfriend?

@Hadilmir: Shite, I actually never registered they were the same guy!

Sorry bout that!

I still think the notion of Basel Gill as a DF is preposterous though.

Remember Rand's POV on the way to Caemlyn, I think it was,

about how he'd never trust a skinny innkeeper again...!

Yeah, don't worry about it, I never realized that they were the same guy either until someone pointed it out to me ;)

And yes, Basel as a DF does seem preposterous but does it really seem any more preposterous than Ingtar?  A man how had dedicated his life to fighting The Shadow.  Anyway, just be clear I'm not ready to present "Basel Gill is a darkfriend" to theoryland or anything.  I agree that he most likely is not a DF (though it is not outside the realm of possibility).  I'm just saying that when they do start revealing DFs that I hope there are a few real shockers and Basel certainly would be one.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But as I said, Basel Gill would be a lot more implausible than Ingtar.

Ingtar has presumably spent his whole life dealing with the reality of raids into and out of the Blight, and the dread that the Blight is inexorable in its southeard expansion - he's already seen Malkier swallowed up in his lifetime.

It'd be totally understandable for him to feel there was no real point in fighting, that they were only delaying the inevitable - better to reach some kind of accommodation where you might be able to save a bit more.

Couldn't say as how Leane would be a shock, all the same...

It would shock me. I don't see how Verin would have missed Leane if she were a DF. It bends reason that Verin wouldn't have scrutinized a Keeper of the Chronicles during her search, especially since we know she kept a close enough watch on Siuan and Moiraine to figure out what they were up to.

I'd be a upset if Teslyn or Vanin turned out to be DFs.

If Loial was a DF, it would upset me.

One of the Aiel WO, or Rhuarc perhaps, (more likely a WO due to Katerine's escape) is almost certainly a DF.

So I wouldn't be upset though I'm curious to know which one.

Darlin perhaps? We know a high lord of Tear is a DF and Darlin would hurt Rand.

Gaul. 

I just reread the scene in Shadow Rising where he told perrin that he saw 30 trollocs and a myrdraal coming from one direction and they ended up ambushing them from behind with around 100 trollocs.  I was like, "What if he... noooo... Noooo!" 

Archived