DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you reading?

redarm

I just finished Brandon Sanderson Warbreaker yesterday. It's not his best but it's certainly not his worst by a long way.

I'm currently Rereading Stormlight Archive because I read it ridiculously quickly in my over excitement to finish WoR and want to see just how much I missed now that I look at it more carefully.

After that, sometime in the next couple days, I'm going to start a reread of Wheel of Time. I only came in right at the end of the series, and it's so big that you need to read it more than once to get a more thorough understanding of everything that happened.

Finished the second Dresden Files book last night, and finally got to start "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss.

Jim Butcher and Pat Rothfuss are going to be at Phoenix Comicon, and I wanted to be prepared in case I have the chance to meet either of them :biggrin:

Currently reading the Way of Kings (for the first time)

Finished the second Dresden Files book last night, and finally got to start "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss.

Jim Butcher and Pat Rothfuss are going to be at Phoenix Comicon, and I wanted to be prepared in case I have the chance to meet either of them :biggrin:

I'm thinking about reading that soon.

I wouldnt call it bad. I have enjoyed sword of truth series so far. I enjoyed the first few books more than some of the later wot books. Up to the pillars of creation, but i changed to some other books to take a fantasy break.

Reading "The Heroes" by Joe Abercrombie, since everyone says he's amazing.  It's pretty good so far, mostly for the humor and the names.  LOVE his naming conventions for the North.  I'm simultaneously working on tFoH for my ten-billionth re-read of WoT.  After that, it's Unfinished Tales by Tolkien.

• 2 weeks later...

I am reading. Tiger Shrimp Tango by Tim Dorsey. Florida crime/humor novel. Any of the books by Tim Dorsey are great I think. I am also reading The Eye Of The World yet again aswell .

I just got done with the Maze Runner series. Pretty good books I flew through all 3 of them and I am reading the prequel right now to them probally finish that one today some time. I read each of the other books in 3 days. Not sure what ill be reading next.

Edited by Red2111

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished Catchers Keeper by JD Spero.  Pretty good.  Inspired by The Catcher In the Rye.  Works on the premise that the author of The Catcher In the Rye is around in the late 70's and actually is present at the assassination of John Lennon.  The man who shot Lennon, Mark Chapman, was apparently obsessed with the book and the author has played with that idea a bit with a little alternate history.  What if the shooter had actually met the author?  Very interesting.  Told from the perspective of the author and his siblings. 

Reading Eurogames: The Design, Culture and Play of Modern European Board Games, by Stewart Woods. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I forced myself to continue "To Green Angel Tower 1" by Tad Williams. The series is all right, but at times I have nearly considered to stop reading. Right now I have no problem with it, the side plotlines - Miriamele, Hayholt - are quite enjoyable. However, I think Simon is the most boring fantasy main character I have met so far. I'm not looking forward to his chapters.

I like Williams' Shadowmarch much better. Started a reread last week, and I think it beats Memory, Sorrow & Thorn in almost every way. I haven't finished either series yet - read 50 % of Shadowmarch last year and am 70 % through MS&T.