DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you reading?

redarm

After rereading EotW to follow along with my wife who is reading for the first time, I have decided to go ahead and continue.  She is coming along for the ride too and has started The Great Hunt.  I'm about to finish it though and then will need to find something to fill the gap while she finishes.  

Edited by redarm

Rereading all the Timothy Zahn Star Wars books.  Just finished Outbound Flight, now onto Survivors Quest and next up the full Thrawn saga...then the Mara Jade books Allegiance and Choices of One.  

Edited by Delirium

I’ve been getting away from the fantasy novels lately…

My most recent finished was essentially a research project on one of Mexico’s most famous folk saints La Santa Muerte.

currently I’m reading a book about dogs. I have two and wanted to better understand them so I picked up a book that explains how they interact with the world and with us. Pretty interesting!

On 2/5/2010 at 1:16 PM, redarm said:

Just curious what everyone is reading right now.  Actually I want to hear what the last book you read was, what you are currently reading, and what you plan to read next.

After finishing The Gathering Storm I read The Princess of Landover by Terry Brooks. It was a good book.  The first in that series in a long long time.  Now I am reading Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin.  I am enjoying it greatly.  I will read the next book in that series as soon as I finish that one.

So... let's hear it.

The one thing WOT taught me is that I refuse now to pick up a series that has not been finished so have never got into the GOT books :). 

As for reading, well listening mainly (love Audible). I am working my way through the Horus Heresy series (Yes am breaking my own rule but as every book is written by a different author I think it is safe to say the series will be finished). If you want an expansive space opera about an absent father and the human wrecking machines he created in a lab as sons it is amazing :). Although be warned we are on I think, book 55 ignoring the novellas, short stories and other associated works. 

The rest of my life is currently being taken up by catching up on Critical Role. I did try getting into Brandon Sanderson again, but still don't like his own work. 

On 1/6/2015 at 3:54 PM, Red2111 said:

picked back up the hobbit ... but schools starting so i'm probably going to be stopping my re-read of that book and 2nd attempt at the LotR's trilogy and focusing on my Chemistry & Biology text books <_<

as dry and as hard as i find TOlkiens writing ...  i prefer Tolkien if given the choice XD

I used to read the Hobbit and the trilogy once a year form when i first read them (I was 9), 30 odd years later I can now get thorough all 4 books in about 5 days lol. 

On 12/5/2021 at 9:16 AM, Delirium said:

Rereading all the Timothy Zahn Star Wars books.  Just finished Outbound Flight, now onto Survivors Quest and next up the full Thrawn saga...then the Mara Jade books Allegiance and Choices of One.  

I really wanted the Thrawn saga to influence some of the new starwars movies. But it wasn't to be. I am told he appears in the animated series though. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Delirium said:

Ohh, how is it?

Its alright.  Read Breach of Peace previously.  This is directly related.  Actually I would say you need to read the other first even though I had been under the impression the other was just supposed to be a novella in the setting.  Rebels Creed is definitely a continuation of the story.   Feels like the two should have been one book.  But the story is good and I am interested in what happens to the characters.  

Edited by redarm