DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

How strong is Rand now he has no Choedan Kal. Is he still getting more powerful or is just like the rest of his Asha'man.  Will he truly have all of LT abilities, or not?

Will he get back the little fat man when he meets up with Perin again.  Surely it was with the stuff that Fiale confiscated from the Shaido Aiel?

Rand is every bit as strong as Ishamael was, as LTT was... the strongest there is.

The little fat man has been debated here a lot (in the BUT thread also, I believe) but I don't remember that part where Fail would have taken things from the Shaido. But anyway, Rand had the LFM angreal on him when he was captured, and the Shaido didn't get their hands on him an any moment. I can't see how they would have had the opportunity to get the LMF.

I don't understand all the importance given to the fat man angreal. As far as I remember, it was the first angreal Rand came across while he was searching for one in Tear. If he feels an angreal is that important, he has a ton of one power stuff(in Tear+Rhuidean stuff) with him amongst which I'm sure there is atleast one other saidin angreal just as strong or even stronger than fat man.

How strong is Rand now he has no Choedan Kal. Is he still getting more powerful or is just like the rest of his Asha'man.  Will he truly have all of LT abilities, or not?

Will he get back the little fat man when he meets up with Perin again.  Surely it was with the stuff that Fiale confiscated from the Shaido Aiel?

Rand is every bit as strong as Ishamael was, as LTT was... the strongest there is.

The little fat man has been debated here a lot (in the BUT thread also, I believe) but I don't remember that part where Fail would have taken things from the Shaido. But anyway, Rand had the LFM angreal on him when he was captured, and the Shaido didn't get their hands on him an any moment. I can't see how they would have had the opportunity to get the LMF.

I always assumed Sevanna had the LFM when she left Dumai's Well but it may have been something else and so was not part of the cach Faile confiscated from the Shaido after the battle at Malden.

I don't understand all the importance given to the fat man angreal. As far as I remember, it was the first angreal Rand came across while he was searching for one in Tear. If he feels an angreal is that important, he has a ton of one power stuff(in Tear+Rhuidean stuff) with him amongst which I'm sure there is atleast one other saidin angreal just as strong or even stronger than fat man.

I think the importance is due to Jordan making a specific point about it having gone missing.  It seemed to be implying a mystery that would be resolved later.  Of course, now that six books have gone by and it's never been mentioned again, it may be that people read much more into that than they should have and it was just totally irrelevant.

Oh, by the way...

somewhere buried in the first 50 pages of this thread, there is something about a discussion going on in another forum about the BUT, and Brandon had read it and confirmed that they hadn't find the BUT ... the LFM was among the things discussed, I believe...

I always assumed Sevanna had the LFM when she left Dumai's Well but it may have been something else and so was not part of the cach Faile confiscated from the Shaido after the battle at Malden.

The only way for the Shaido to have gotten the fat little man angreal was for them to get it from one of the sister captured or killed by them. The only known living one is Galina. I personally don't think Galina had it with her. Other sisters might have had it and the most likely to have it now would be one of the sisters that escaped initially. There are only a few of those really. I wouldn't think that any of the sisters held by the Aiel would have it, including Katerine Alruddin though she might have gotten it after her escape from the Aiel from those that had escaped without help.

To add a mystery to the stack, I've always wondered what Moiraine did with the Ivory Figurine. She still had it just prior to when Rand left for Tear. If she still had it while in Cairhien, it's likely with the rest of the Rhuidean stash we haven't heard about since her she went to visit the Eelfinn. You'd think that stash would be important soon.

If a shield is applied to stop a person from channeling saidin/saidar, can he/she still channel the TP?

Im guna say yes on this one. The male adam thing didnt stop Rand channeling the True Power even though he couldnt control Saidin as he wanted.

Yet neither Semirhage or Elza shielded him; nor anybody else.

If a shield is applied to stop a person from channeling saidin/saidar, can he/she still channel the TP?

Im guna say yes on this one. The male adam thing didnt stop Rand channeling the True Power even though he couldnt control Saidin as he wanted.

Yet neither Semirhage or Elza shielded him; nor anybody else.

This conversation is brilliant!

The Domination Bands don't "shield" the man in any way, but rather create a forced circle, like all a'dam, with the women leading everything.

Callandor, because of its "flaw," requires a circle with the women leading to work correctly/safely.

In the case of the DB, Rand was not limited by the circle from accessing the True Power (through his link with Moridin?).

What if the whole scene with Rand, Semirhage and Elza was a foreshadowing of the process by which Rand can seal up the bore for good - Callandor, his two girlfriends leading, and some crafty (and unimpeded) TP use to create a buffer?

I know other people have made this suggestion before, but I never made the connection between the final Semirhage scene and the possible validity of this theory.  The scene sets the stage perfectly for this particular theory to play out. 

Do portal stones link to places that are persistent worlds?  To put it another way is the world we are reading about is also an alternate reality relative to all others?

As far as I have understood book 2 and 4, the answer Selene and Moirane and Verin seem to give is "yes" (I believe they are the only three talking about portal stones but I may be mistaken). They are alternate realities that can happen, and do happen.

I'd like to know if anyone knows what the relationship with LTT & Ishy/Moridin is?

I had a thought that maybe Ishy was LTT's brother.

Does anyone knows?

I didn't think they were related in any way.

"Luke, I ...  AM ... YOUR ... COUSIN FIRST REMOVED ON YOUR MOTHER's SIDE"

I'd like to know if anyone knows what the relationship with LTT & Ishy/Moridin is?

Does anyone knows?

"Luke, I ...  AM ... YOUR ... COUSIN FIRST REMOVED ON YOUR MOTHER's SIDE"

There is a link between them I'm just wondering what that link is....besides the Great Lord.

Does anyone knows?

"Luke, I ...  AM ... YOUR ... COUSIN FIRST REMOVED ON YOUR MOTHER's SIDE"

There is a link between them I'm just wondering what that link is....besides the Great Lord.

I don't think they even really knew each other (or at least knew each other well, they would at least have heard of each other because they were both famous) before Ishamael proclaimed himself for the Shadow. Ishamael was a philosopher in the AoL, while Lews Therin was leader of the AS. I don't think they really were around each other all that much, and if they were it has never been mentioned. The only link that has been mentioned is the fact that their two souls keep getting reborn to battle it out. So I think they only really knew each other as adversaries.

If you want a Forsaken that's got a history with Lews Therin (other than Lanfear of course) you should look at Demandred. They were allies before Demandred turned out of jealousy/hatred of Lews Therin - this indicates they must have known each other well indeed. Sammael too, since he also seemed to be jealous of Lews Therin.

Be'lal, Demandred, Sammael all fought on the same side as LTT before they switched allegiance to GLoD.

Belal (which means "child-less"="sterile" in several languages) was probably a friend before the War of the Power because he refers to learning- adapting the sword from a toy to a weapon with LTT.

And of course Mierin was more than a friend.

LTT definitely consorted with some very shady people.

I don't think they even really knew each other (or at least knew each other well, they would at least have heard of each other because they were both famous) before Ishamael proclaimed himself for the Shadow. Ishamael was a philosopher in the AoL, while Lews Therin was leader of the AS. I don't think they really were around each other all that much, and if they were it has never been mentioned. The only link that has been mentioned is the fact that their two souls keep getting reborn to battle it out. So I think they only really knew each other as adversaries.

If you want a Forsaken that's got a history with Lews Therin (other than Lanfear of course) you should look at Demandred. They were allies before Demandred turned out of jealousy/hatred of Lews Therin - this indicates they must have known each other well indeed. Sammael too, since he also seemed to be jealous of Lews Therin.

LTT was a philosopher as well, among other things.  We know this from some of the Lews Therin thoughts in Rand's head.  He also figured enough of the nature of the Bore to know how to seal it.  He sometimes thinks about the Creator and the nature of the world, and of the cyclical pattern of the Wheel.

Frankly, I think that during the AoL, most Aes Sedai had a healthy understanding of philosophy.  I'm not even sure that's a completely accurate description, but they generally understand the nature of Wheel and of ta'veren, and the Pattern.  We see from Demandred an understanding the Bore is not at any specific place, but there exists at Shayol Ghul a weakness in the pattern which makes the DO more accessible.  There were many Aes Sedai then who understood the nature of different worlds and parallel worlds, and they'd learned how to use the Portal Stones.  I say many, because not only does Lanfear know about it, but there were surviving texts, plus the Ways were made by a group of male channelers who sheltered in stedding during the Breaking.

Supposedly modern Aes Sedai are supposed to understand a bit of philosophy as well, since they're taught about the Source and the nature of it-two opposing streams that cause the turning of the Wheel.  But it's apparent that it gets lost on many of them.  Most of the brightest Aes Sedai seem more concerned with Tower Politics than higher learning.  And there's a ridiculous need for a "secret history" archive to help protect the "image" from even other sisters.  They've made themselves more trivial by denying access to knowledge, and it's not even because of Black Ajah paranoia, just simple politics.

All this to really just say that LTT and Ishamael might have run in similar circles during the Age of Legends.  I mean, in tGS, there's the definite implication that LTT knew Elan Moran Tedronai, since he says "You were so full of thoughts, Elan.  They destroyed you, didn't they?"  I think they might have collaborated in their research at times.  They both were exploring the nature of the Pattern.

Do portal stones link to places that are persistent worlds?  To put it another way is the world we are reading about is also an alternate reality relative to all others?

As far as I have understood book 2 and 4, the answer Selene and Moirane and Verin seem to give is "yes" (I believe they are the only three talking about portal stones but I may be mistaken). They are alternate realities that can happen, and do happen.

The implied passages seem to not answer whether the worlds are persistent or not.

Verin's discussion with Egwene about Telaranrhiod seems more relevant to this issue.

Do portal stones link to places that are persistent worlds?  To put it another way is the world we are reading about is also an alternate reality relative to all others?

The implied passages seem to not answer whether the worlds are persistent or not.

Verin's discussion with Egwene about Telaranrhiod seems more relevant to this issue.

what I figure is that the one that we are reading about is teh true reflection of the wheel. Every other world is different based on one different desicion or outcome, the ones where the outcome or decision is farther away from the true reflection the weaker the reflection, like the one rand visited (the different outcome was trollocs beating hawkwing) and the weaker the reflection the less people and such it has, and the time line may vary as a result

Ok, I have one; How does a Forsaken or whomever actually go about "Getting permission" to channel the TP? Is it some internal dialogue they have with the DO in their head which gives them instant permission. Or do they have to travel to SG and ask in person or what? How long of a process is it? Do we even have a clue on any of that?

Ok, I have one; How does a Forsaken or whomever actually go about "Getting permission" to channel the TP? Is it some internal dialogue they have with the DO in their head which gives them instant permission. Or do they have to travel to SG and ask in person or what? How long of a process is it? Do we even have a clue on any of that?

I don't thing we have any insight.

Anyhow, we can imagine a few things: Rand saw the TP source just like he sees Saidin so you can imagine that the DO does something to make the Forsaken "see" the TP source.