DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Scenes that tickle your funny bone.

ErikTheBald

We've done the saddest scenes, how about the most humorous scenes?

I'm blazing through in an attempt to finish the last three books before Super Tuesday (currently finishing tPoD) and the scene during the March to Camelyn describing Lan and Nynaeve's wedding I find comical.

"It was her own fault for choosing a Sea Folk wedding, in Elayne’s estimation. The Sea Folk believed in hierarchy as they did in the sea, and they knew a woman and her husband might be promoted one past the other many times in their lives. Their marriage rites took that into account. Whoever had the right to command in public, must obey in private. Lan never took advantage, so Nynaeve said — "not really," whatever that was supposed to mean! She always blushed when she said it — but she kept waiting for him to do so, and he just seemed to grow more and more amused. This amusement, of course, screwed Nynaeve’s temper to a fever pitch. "

Is Lan doing this on purpose?  It's still funny either way.

Without a doubt, for me anyways!! :)  Is when Mat is leaveing the palace. and runs into Tuon and she says, so you are about to leave!!  I am afraid I cannot allow that Toy!!  Even now, it makes me giggle to think on it.  And I have read that book at least 9 times!! 

2nd one would be when Mat and the annoying two are going to get the bowl, and Mat is bitching about women, and Lan says I hope you do not inclulde my wife!!!  LOL..

i agree that Lan and Nyn's wedding was a funny and the part where Min and Avi kept Bridgette busy.

others that have given me a chuckle: when Perrin and crew find out that Rand was kidnapped and Sulin changes from servant back to maiden. when they were on the road she talks about Perin's eyesight and brings up him tripping over a pillow and he wonders how much more ammo he gave her to make fun of him while she was a servant. :P ;D

another was when Rand was gating around with the maidens and they made a joke. so he trys telling them about a joke and none of em get it.  :-\ :D

That killed the Goat is the best.

Here are a couple more. When Mat's in Ebou Dar (funny how alot of these include Mat) and he's telling Elayne about what Tylin is doing and Elayne's trying not to laugh and says something about "taking your own medicine".

Tuon and all of the Tinker Women busting a gut about Mat.

Again in Ebou Dar when Mat was following the Lady Siane (darkfriend) and telling one of the Band about her trying to kill him. "Next time buy her a trinket"...

Way back in The Dragon Reborn. When Perrin and Loial are fishing with their hands. Moiraine decides to join in and pulls out the biggest fish ever. Perrin tells her that there won't be anymore and she pulls out another. That one makes me giggle everytime.

I also love the scene when Rand tells his Maiden body guards the joke about the rooster up the tree. First time I read it I remember actually laughing out loud.

I never get that joke.

I can't think of one single scene that stands out, but Mat and LTT say a lot of funny things.

Since when does LTT ever say anything funny? "Oh, poor Ilyena, I deserve to die! Kill them! Kill them all! Oh, by the way, did i ever tell you the one about the magi-chicken that crossed the road?"

I always thought Lews Therin's "I would not mind you in my head, if you were not so clearly mad," was hilarious.

This is one of the two funniest things that is said in the series in my opinion, the other one would be:

"Twice every day he searched his bodyservant for poison, and he drank nothing but vinegar and water, which he claimed was sovereign against the poison the fellow fed him, but he ate everything the man prepared for as long as I knew him. Once he had a grove of oaks chopped down because they were looking at him. And then insisted they be given decent funerals; he gave the oration. Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?"

• Community Administrator

I think Aiel humor is hysterical.  The funniest being:

tSR, P. 384, Bair says...

"When I was a girl, and the Shaarad and the Tomanelle were stealing each other's cattle and goats every night, Chenda, the roofmistress of Mainde Cut, was pushed aside by a young Hairdo Water Seeker during a raid.  She came to Bent Valley and demended the boy make her gai'shain; she would not allow him to gain the honor of having touched her because she had a carving knife in her hands when he did.  A carving knife! It was a weapon, she claimed, as if she were a Maiden.  The boy had no choice but to do as she demanded, for all the laughter when he did.  One does not send a roofmistress barefoot back to her hold.  Before the year and a day was done, the Haido sept and the Jenda sept exchanged spears, and the boy soon found himself married to Chenda's eldest daughter.  With his second-mother still gai'shain to him.  He tried to give her to his wife as part of his bride gift, and both women claimed he was trying to rob them of honor.  He nearly had to take his own wife as gai'shain.  It came close to raiding between Haido and Jenda again before the toh was discharged."

I laugh so hard when I read this.

~Mashiara

Thank you, Mashiara.

Aiel humor is *way* funnier than the Westlands' variety.

Frankly, I could never understand how anyone would be so uptight and idiotic as to not fall over laughing for that poor Water Seeker.

Oh, and

Mat shrugged. "I suppose she'll do well enough as long as she really can shoot that bow. Down the wrong hole?" he asked Juilin, who had begun choking on his ale. "Give me a good bow over a sword any day. Better a quarterstaff, but a bow is just fine. I only hope she doesn't try to get in my way when it's time to take Elayne to Rand."

"I think she can shoot it." Thom leaned across the table to slap Juilin on the back. "I think she can, Mat."

and

"You listen to me! That woman won't take no for an answer; I say no, and she laughs at me. She's starved me, bullied me, chased me down like a stag! She has more hands than any six women I ever met. She threatened to have the serving women undress me if I didn't let her—" Abruptly, what he was saying hit him. And who he was saying it to. He managed to close his mouth before he swallowed a fly. He became very interested in one of the dark metal ravens inlaid in the haft of the ashandarei, so he would not have to meet her eyes. "What I mean to say is, you don't understand," he muttered. "You have it all backwards." He risked a glance at her under the edge of his hat brim.

A faint blush crept into her cheeks, but her face became solemn as a marble bust. "It... appears that I may have misunderstood," she said soberly. "That is ... very bad of Tylin." He thought her lips twitched. "Have you considered practicing different smiles in a mirror, Mat?"

Startled, he blinked. "What?"

"I have heard reliably that that is what young women do who attract the eyes of kings."

Poor Mat, but it's flaming hilarious.

Archived