DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Scenes that tickle your funny bone.

ErikTheBald

Nynaeve angry at Lan for something. She slapped him several times, infuriated by him not being phased by it she balls her fist, gathers her strength and punches him in the stomach as hard as she can, and then goes all serene and says "We shall talk about this like adults."

That one had me in tears. Rust is annoying

I always liked the scene where Rand goes to the Maidens and tries to suggest a society other then the Maidens be his guard. They make him go through the "remember honor" thing again with oosquie(that tequila like alcohol) getting him so drunk they have to help him to bed and then made a game of tickling him and taking his clothes off to put him in his blankets.

I always liked the scene where Rand goes to the Maidens and tries to suggest a society other then the Maidens be his guard. They make him go through the "remember honor" thing again with oosquie(that tequila like alcohol) getting him so drunk they have to help him to bed and then made a game of tickling him and taking his clothes off to put him in his blankets.

Is that in The Shadow Rising? I can't remember.

Is that in The Shadow Rising? I can't remember.

yes. I think it's after the Trollic/drakar(sp?) attack @ Cold Rock Hold but right before they leave.

When Gabrelle is thinking about her relations with Logain and starts getting a serious case of the screaming thigh sweats just thinking about it and has to think about the snow to maintain her composure.  That one just cracks me up.

None had spoken of the problem, and none was likely to, of course. Logain could mask the bond, in a crude way she believed would still allow her to find him however well it hid his emotions, but sometimes when they shared a pillow, he let the masking slip. To say the least, the results were ... devastating. There was no calm restraint, then, no cool study. Not much of reason at all.

Hurriedly she summoned the image of the snowy landscape and fixed it in her mind. Trees and boulders and smooth, white snow. Smooth, cold snow.

A few that made me laugh..

Bashere talking about the crazy general who ordered oak trees cut down, then buried.

The Maidens are bantering with another aiel society and they end up rattling there bucklers at each other. What they said made me giggle. Kinda vague, but I remember laughing at it :D

Elayne screaming at the top of her lungs when she's confronted by some Sea Folk... tis all about the context! :P

Aviendha said that someone was as 'Proud as a Shaido with one goat'. I have no idea why, but that had me in hysterics.

Mat always thinking about how much of a bad influence Olver's 'uncles' are on him. Mat telling Egwene to take the Amyrlin's stole off and that whole scence.

Probably more, but can't think of them now!

You all have some good one here !!  And yes nearly ALL the funniest moments are dealing with mat.  I remembered one and tracked it down today, enjoy !!

LoC Heading South 345

Bellowing, he jerked half-upright. "Burn you, Nerim, that's a leg, not a bloddy side of beef!"

"As my Lord says," Nerim murmured, "my Lord's leg is not a side of beef.  Thank you, my Lord, for instructing me."

If you haven't done the audiobook versions of the books, you are missing out !!  I think half the reason this is so funny is the reading on the audiobooks is beyond perfect.

There is a scene in Andor, I think, where Rand, tired of getting grief from the maidens concerning Aviendha, announces that anyone who wants to play matchmaker can stay behind and put on a dress. This shuts up the maidens, but the sideways needling is then taken up by Bael and Bashere. Rand then informs them "Neither of you would look good in a dress."

Good one Sylvia, LMAO!! I'm glad that Robert Jordan casted Nynaeve for that particular bit.

How about in TDR when the supergirls go to Tear and are meeting with the Wise Woman and Elayne asked her what she would do to two people who couldn't get along and Mother Gwenna's explanation.

In the Eye of the World, Perrin, Egwene and Elyas are leaving the Tinkers camp and Perrin asks Egwene "What did you spend so much time talking about with Ila?"

Egwene "Ila was giving me advice about being a woman."

Perrin "Advice! Nobody tells us how to be men, we just are."

Egwene " That is probably why you make such a bad job of it."

really enjoyed the whole interaction that happened in FOH, where Julian says he'll get some salt and the women respondes NOT THE SALT NOT THE SALT.

Then in response to Elayne's question of what he was gong to do he stated he didn't know becasue what ever they thought in there mind was probably worse then what he could dot then said " I have seen a tough man break when i sent for a basket of Figs and some Mice" HAHA that was great.

Another of my lol scenes is when Matt's in the  Wandering Women and gets attacked, and Nerim pokes his head around the door, and asks if everything is ok and hes got a Frying pan behind his back like hes gonna join the fight if mat needs help, and then just says "My lord has blood on his coat again, I do wish my Lord would be more careful" and Matt wonders later what he was gonna do with the frying pan.

Also anything involving Piglets and mat squirming makes me laugh

• 2 weeks later...

For me it wasn't a perticularly funny nor sad scene. It was when I read the book for the first time. Man if I could do that again...anyways..

I was way into the first few books. I would wait and read them in the evening. Would prop up my pillow and literally get lost for hours adventuring with the gang in Randland.

Anyways the scene came. I cannot remember off hand what book but I think it was number three or four. It was where Rand asks permission to go into Rhuidean and he is kneeling before the Wise One's. Anyways during that scene Matt comes running up and kneels with Rand and asks to go to. That was that scene that for some reason absolutely stuck out in my head. As I read it I was there watching it in my mind. I could see it perfectly. I was laughing out loud while I read it. Not so much because it was something meant to be really funny but it was if I was there and watching it and Matt coming in like that was hilarious. Anyways if I could draw or paint I think I could have perfectly replicated that scene.

That is the one scene that will always stay with me for some reason. No matter how long in life I go without reading the book I will always have that scene ingrained in my mind. Rand looking at his future and taking it serious and Matt coming up and in my mind, reluctantly planting himself down to go to without a doubt he would be able to but having to get the formality out of the way. A man who knows he has to go, does not want to but at least knows he has to go and see whats up.

Anyways that was and still is my favorite scene from all the books.

I always thought the scene with Rand telling the Maidens the joke was a great scene. Not just a funny scene, but a great scene.

I can't beleive no one has mentioned the exchanged between the Maiden and the other male Aiel. One of the funniest jokes in the series....

"Do you know why the Maidens use handtalk? Because even when they aren't talking, they can't stop talking!" :D

And I agree, Aiel humor is much funnier then westland humor. It's the WoT equivilent of morbid humor....

Oh, and I don't think it's really a spoiler(I know, we are being very strict about this kind of thing, but this line could come from any of the books, it just happens to come from TGS) but a new interaction from LTT is that Rand was thinking about dying, and LTT all of a sudden pops up and is like, "You said we could die. You promised!". It sounded so much like a petulant child saying "you said we could go to Disneyland!" that I just lol'd.

Archived