DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Banned Books Mafia - Entities Win! Congrats Meesh, Seryanne and Rose!

Liathiana

Yikes, wow, a lot has happened since I last posted.  :-\  I got pretty busy over the weekend, which is never fun for me, but oh well.  And then I woke up sick the other day, which SUCKED because I ended up with a fever last night and my head was killing me the whole time.

Anyway, I finally have the energy to combat the "meh, I don't care anymore" attitude I've been experiencing toward most of the games I'm in.

I went and read the entire thread again, after catching up from the point where I last checked in.

Pete did accuse lots of people of being mafia; I'd have a hard time believing that NONE of those he accused is mafia.  So, I think as far as that goes, we should definitely keep an eye on the people Pete accused, because I'm sure at least one has to be mafia.

On the other hand, Pete was very aggressive, as I said earlier, and it's likely he was seeing things that weren't necessarily there.  So, just the fact that he accused people doesn't make them mafia, and his cases against any player shouldn't be given any special weight, on their own.

To Lily:

My opinion is, if you're suspicious of someone, and feel you have good reason to be, you should say so.  It doesn't do the Town any good, at this point, to keep that to yourself.  No one else has any leads that they're sharing, so far, so you might as well contribute.

DSage:

So, based on knowing Alanna and Lily are innocent, who would your top suspects be at this point?

I have to admit, from my read-through, I was starting to suspect Lily, and I even explained why, but there goes that.  I believe DSage, mostly because it's a HUGE gamble to say "I know you're innocent, and I can name your books to prove it."  If he was mafia, and Lily or Alanna ask him for that proof, he'd pretty much be screwed, because what are the odds that he could correctly guess their book names?  There's the possibility that they'll believe him, like me, and not ask him to reveal their book names, but it's still a very large risk to take.

(Oh, and...Obama? Really? >.< :P)

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow indeed.

I had pretty much begun to suspect Lily of being innocent, as she has been playing a really straight-up game all along, and anything she did that could be questionable earlier in the game (ie, the questionable tension early on) was resolved.

DSage, I had found a few things you said to be suspicious, especially how you were so quick to jump in with the "books are town, entities are mafia" hypothesis earlier. I am going to believe you are who you say you are, for the moment at least, until someone comes up with a convincing reason not to believe you :)

And Alanna, up until DSage's reveal, I had been wondering if this was the hunch of Pete's that was correct, you being mafia, I mean.

I think I'm going to need to sleep on this and digest it.

Lily, you seem pretty sure there's a healer. Are you it?

Seryanne, I had you very low on my suspect list until now.  You now reside with Ellianora and Mystica, my top two.

It does sound suspicious, now that I look at it. I can't say that I blame you. But I was trying to work these new developments out in my head and blurted a question before thinking of the repercussions for Lily if she admitted it.

Sorry Lily, I'm sure you wouldn't be dumb enough to answer my question as it is, but you were the first person to mention it, which is the reason for my blurt-vomit :)

• Club Leader

It's logical that there would be a healer and that's why there was no night kill. As I explained, the night was short, therefore I conclude that all night actions were sent in. Otherwise it would still be night. I seriously doubt the mafia sent in a "we don't want to kill tonight" PM, so they must have went for the one the healer protected.

[glow=red,2,300]Seryanne[/glow], you have been pinging my radar from the beginning. I need to come out now and be up front with my suspicions. You made reference more than once to the Dragon/Alanna/Lily/DSage connection, and there never was a connection there. There was stuff going on between me and Dragon, and between him and Alanna, but you seem to me that you were trying to direct attention to us as a group, as in "these are the mafia." I know that two of us are innocent, and believe the other two are too. They are, if DSage's claim is for real.

Luddy, you are next on my suspect list. I don't know what you are like when you play mafia, but I've seen you play in three games, and you are not playing like you normally do.

I hope you all take some of this to heart. I've been told I tend to have good instincts, and they're talking to me now. The rest of my suspect list are Elli and Rose.

DSage, you're either what you say you are, or very, very bold. As far ahead as the mafia is, that wouldn't be a smart move, but sweetie, you aren't known for being smart when it comes to reveals. (Just yanking your chain again....) You were innocent when you did that, so I'm inclined to believe you are this time, too. You don't do this when you're mafia, hon. I wish you hadn't, though.

you aren't known for being smart when it comes to reveals.

Yeah, thanks for reminding me. :P

I'm still sticking with my instinct that this was the right move.  It's not that early for 12-player game.  It's about mid-game, depending on how things turn out, so I felt it better to come forward and give myself some protection so that I can have an easier time finding the mafia.

And if you'll remember, my reveal last time worked exactly as I had intended it too.  ;)

• Club Leader

Well, Sagey, I hope you can find them in one day, because that's probably all you've got. The mafia already knows I'm the healer, since they tried for me last night, so there's no reason not to tell the rest of you. I'll be dead in the morning, I'm sure. So, can we at least lynch one of the scum today?

Pete did accuse lots of people of being mafia; I'd have a hard time believing that NONE of those he accused is mafia.  So, I think as far as that goes, we should definitely keep an eye on the people Pete accused, because I'm sure at least one has to be mafia.

Pete accused at least five people of being mafia. That alone makes his accusations of little value for us. Of course at least one of them is likely to be mafia. It would require a special talent to point a finger at more than half of the players in the game and not to get a single mafia. But as far as I remember, none of his accusations was based on anything more than his gut feeling or someone expressing any doubt that he was innocent and Alanna was guilty which would include most of us. I really don't know why Pete chose such a playing style, but it did us no good. It only made us lynch an innocent and diverted our attention from finding mafia.

Lily, as you revealed anyway maybe you could ask DSage to let us know your book? This way we could be more sure that he is telling the truth.

Luddy, you are next on my suspect list. I don't know what you are like when you play mafia, but I've seen you play in three games, and you are not playing like you normally do.

I don't know what I am like when I'm playing mafia either, as I've always played an innocent.

I see I'm still on people's suspect list. Last time I asked all I got for answer was 'it's just a feeling'. Is it still just that or does anyone have any actual reasons to suspect me?

You know it's kinda hard to defend yourself against 'I just have a feeling', just look what happened with Alanna and Pete, pete was so sure alanna was mafia because of a feeling.

Reason I'm not saying much in these games, Lily is because I'm fed up with them and after this one won't be playing them for a long time anymore. There's only so much discussing I can do before wanting start slapping people :P

You all killed Dragon, SHAME ON YOU! My Dragon will be avenged!

*throws DSage in the river, followed by every other DSworn voter* Tsk!  >:(

Now I'm walking around with a corpse chained to my leg. And it's all your fault! This is cuendillar, it doesn't come off!

*mutters about frigging brats with flaming toys playing bloody games that gets her stuck with a deadweight corpse!*

I saw Lily's vote against me last night and spent half the night wondering if there was some kind of orchestrated power play going on between herself and DSage. I couldn't work out how it would last past a turn or two, though, and it went against the what I've thought since relatively early in Day 2 (whenever Lily and Dragon eased off accusing each other) so having slept on it, and seen what has been posted since, I think they are both who they say they are.

This also means that I can be pleased that my hunch about Lily turned out to be right after all (though not that I articulated it). I don't think you will be NK tonight, Lily. The mafia will presumably want to get you and Sagey out of the way, of course, but they will probably be pretty wary of you pulling some kind of switcheroo and might avoid both of you in case they get it wrong. They can't afford to lose out on another NK, with so many clear innocents in the game now.

Dammit Lily.  You didn't have to reveal.  The Healer (not you) could have protected you last Night.  I know, unlikely, but still.  I would not have revealed if I knew this.  Dammit!  >.<

Actually, that is a good idea, Luddy. DSage? Would you share the title of my book?

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou

Reason I'm not saying much in these games, Lily is because I'm fed up with them and after this one won't be playing them for a long time anymore. There's only so much discussing I can do before wanting start slapping people :P

If you're being serious here, which I admit I can't tell, then, yeah, I would say it's time to put up your hat.  If you're not being serious, then, okay.

Dammit Lily.  You didn't have to reveal.  The Healer (not you) could have protected you last Night.  I know, unlikely, but still.  I would not have revealed if I knew this.  Dammit!  >.<

Actually, that is a good idea, Luddy. DSage? Would you share the title of my book?

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou

I agree. I don't like it when the Healer reveals unless he/she is in danger of being lynched. Or in this case, banned, which would be a shame because that is an awesome book.

[glow=red,2,300]Sery[/glow] - you are acting very scummy right now.

After reading through things with Sery in mind as a suspicion, I do agree--she's a bit suspicious, the more so for actually asking the healer to reveal herself.  Could be a newbie mistake, but the fact that DSage was so hesitant to reveal, and the fact that the healer gains nothing from a reveal, make it pretty tough to believe.

And her post in response to Lily's vote on her, about what the mafia is probably going to do tonight, and how there are so many clear innocents and stuff....  It kind of rubbed on me a bit. Is she trying to lull Lily into a false sense of security ("the mafia likely won't try to NK you or DSage, because of the risk of missing a kill because they guessed wrong, so you're probably safe, eh?"), or what?  *shrugs* There was nothing in there by itself that really stood out as scummy (although I don't know what she meant by "orchestrated power play"), but overall it did strike me as scummish.

[glow=red,2,300]Sery[/glow]

Let's hope more people get on and we can get a lynch.

The longer I think on this, the sillier I think people are for suspecting me over this. If I were scum, I'd have kept my suspicions re: the Healer to myself and had a clear shot at a NK.

Also, Meesh - by orchestrated power play, I meant that if Dsage and Lily were scum, they could have cooked up the Healer/Finder dealy between the two of them (possibly with Alanna as a sidekick). If anyone then revealed as the real Healer or Finder, they could have called scum. But as I said, I don't think that they are playing people false. I think they are who they say they are.

Anyway, if it's votes ye be wantin...

[glow=red,2,300]Ellianora[/glow] who is still making me wary, though I get a feeling it's not going to do much good now.

Sorry I haven't been around, my sister was in town for a few days so I didn't have much free time. Argh I don't want a random modkill, but I'm not super suspicious of Seryanne - then again, I'm not super suspicious of anyone. I feel pretty certain about Lily and DSage, but otherwise...I don't know. Well, I know we don't have lots of time left, but I'm going to give this a bit of thought and then check back in before the deadline in...uh...an hour and a half.

Vote Count:

Seryanne(4): Lily, Rose, Meesh, DSage

Ellianora (1): Seryanne

Majority = 5 votes

Deadline = Oct 19, 7 pm CST

Modspeak: It's the weekend. I'm hoping that activity picks up tomorrow, therefore I'm extending the deadline for 24 hours. If there isn't a majority vote by the new deadline I'll be forced to do a random kill. I.E. not the player with the most votes necessarily, any is at chance to be killed.

• Club Leader

Honestly, Alanna, if DSage didn't have you confirmed innnocent, you'd be seriously pinging my radar right now. I'm just telling you this so you know why you look suspicious to people. Posting that you're not going along with the lynch just yet, but will come back before the deadline, and then missing the deadline, looks like mafia. Particularly if you offer some excuse that nobody can argue with, like "I thought I had more time," or "My internet went down." Those things could be the truth, which is what makes them plausible lies. That's what I would do if I wanted to avoid a vote. (Or one of the things, anyway. ;)) I'm glad you're a confirmed innocent. :)

Archived