DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Banned Books Mafia - Entities Win! Congrats Meesh, Seryanne and Rose!

Liathiana

I think, as Pete just pointed out, almost everyone has said or done something that could make us suspect them at this point. I do think that [glow=red,2,300]dragonsworn[/glow] is the one who has consistently been acting suspiciously though. I have a list of suspects (and, the same as pretty much everyone else, it includes everyone except Charis, Torrie and myself) and the links, defenses, attacks, omissions and silences that make me suspect them.

If I am wrong about Pete being mafia, and this swing against him goes through, I will see who violently opposed him and why, and try to figure out the next most suspicious person is.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dragonsworn1991

Well Seryanne I will make it easier [glow=green,2,300]unvote[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]dragonsworn[/glow]

Now you can see who is on my lynch and judge which may be mafia.

Guest dragonsworn1991

But I am innocent.  ;)

Besides I am tired of being voted on how I feel. People are voting me based on feelings, because I have not done anything scummy except vote for alanna

However, I'm going to [glow=green,2,300]unvote.[/glow]

This is because, I think dragonsworn is going to a lot of trouble.  It could be a mafia ploy, but so could anything.

I got the feeling that something is wrong here.  So, I'm going to re-read, and see if I can pick up anything that I may have missed.

Well, I still haven't had a chance to go back and do another read-through...I'm still leaning towards Dragon, but since we still have some time, I'm going to hold off placing my vote...hopefully I can get back to this later this evening. Because you know I will flip innocent and you do not want the town coming after you. If you were innocent my actions towards you should have earned a vote by now. But you want to be the one on the side lines saying, "I wasn't sure about him, that is why I didn't cast my vote. I did not want the town to lose another innocent.

No, because I'm at work, and I don't have the time/chance here to do much more than check in every once in a while. I wanted to go back and do a read-through before casting a vote, and I can't really sit here for an hour and do that when I'm supposed to be getting work done. And since the deadline isn't until tomorrow, I have plenty of time; I can't wait til this evening, when I get home. I plan to cast a vote one way or another.

I am finished, town please use these at your own discretion, you may be the next person to get a false case built upon you.

But I am innocent.  ;)

Besides I am tired of being voted on how I feel. People are voting me based on feelings, because I have not done anything scummy except vote for alanna

But maybe that's just your POV. I still don't understand what I've done to look scummy.

Well, I still haven't had a chance to go back and do another read-through...I'm still leaning towards Dragon, but since we still have some time, I'm going to hold off placing my vote...hopefully I can get back to this later this evening. Because you know I will flip innocent and you do not want the town coming after you. If you were innocent my actions towards you should have earned a vote by now. But you want to be the one on the side lines saying, "I wasn't sure about him, that is why I didn't cast my vote. I did not want the town to lose another innocent.

I am finished, town please use these at your own discretion, you may be the next person to get a false case built upon you.

Oh, and also? It seems it doesn't matter if I vote for you or not; either way, you're going to be convinced I'm mafia. If I don't, you'll think I didn't 'want the town coming after me' and if I do, you'll think it's because I'm trying to lynch an innocent (if you're an innocent).

And why should your actions towards me have me voting against you? I don't usually accuse people just because they accuse me. What, I should vote for you out of revenge? If I vote for you, it's going to be because I think you're guilty.

Guest dragonsworn1991

Alanna like I have said before, I think you are mafia and nothing has happened to make me think differently. I have pressed you hard in order to get reactions and information which I think I have now, and I think I may know who they mafia are.

• Club Leader

The only thing I know for sure so far is that Dragon has really turned his aggressive playing style up a notch or two. Does that make him mafia? Not necessarily. None of you are really pinging my radar, yet. We still have time. I'll cast my vote tomorrow, and hopefully, I'll feel something about someone by then.

Guest dragonsworn1991

[glow=green,2,300]Unvote[/glow]

I will not make it easy on the mafia this game, in fact I would very much like to lynch one of them.

[glow=red,2,300]Ludmian[/glow] you appear the most scummy, and please do not ask for my reasons because I have already posted them and I really do not feel like repeating myself.  ;)

I am going to go through the case against me and show everyone who might be mafia.

Dragon, you seem to have made a case against pretty much everyone except yourself.

I'm your top suspect just because something about you seemed mildly suspicious to me. Again completely off point, I have a voice in the back of my head whispering mafia. And your defense of Alanna seems rather scummy.

Your voice is wrong. And I didn't defend Alanna. No one is off my suspect list completely. I simply said that I can't understand the case you are building against her (just like most players, by the way). Dragon, your gut feeling against her may be right, I don't know. But if someone can't read meaning into your gut feelings it doesn't necessarily make them mafia.

I can't understand you. Dragon, you are just another player, like any of us. You forgot to mention mafia, I would not be a normal player if I were mafia. That makes me think you are trying to postually put yourself with the town.

You misunderstood me. Yes, there are mafia against us. That's why every innocent player has to suspect others, watch them looking for clue. No one can be free from suspicion, no one's innocence should be taken for granted. Not yours, not mine, not anyone else's. Your overreaction when someone examines your actions combined with how easily you build cases against people based on your gut feeling certainly does not make you seem less suspicious.

Because you know I will flip innocent and you do not want the town coming after you. If you were innocent my actions towards you should have earned a vote by now. But you want to be the one on the side lines saying, "I wasn't sure about him, that is why I didn't cast my vote. I did not want the town to lose another innocent.

Doesn't make sense. As Alanna pointed out if she had casted an OMGUS vote you would have accused her of beng mafia as well (actually, you would have had more reason to do this had it been the case. An OMGUS vote is not the tactics a responsible innocent is likely to use. She doesn't seem to believe you are mafia that's why she doesn't vote for you. It makes perfect sense, IMHO. And no, I'm not saying that Alanna can't be mafia. Everyone here can.)

Guest dragonsworn1991
Weren't the reasons why I think you are mafia in the post you quoted? You claim I am trying to build a case, and so are you, you posted about me derailing an mn lynch, when at that time one vote wouldn't have mattered one way or the other. Torrie's actions seemed suspicious at the time so I went with the only hint I had at mafia at the time.

Dragon, you are definitely overreacting. Could you, please, give any other reasons why I'm among your top suspects other than my reduced activity and your OMGUS. What I said was not that serious an accusation, definitely not something I would be likely to base my vote on. That was just a thought that came to me and I decided it was worth mentioning. You know, it's the beginning of the game, we all have a reason to suspect everyone and are trying to look for clues to find out who is more likely to be mafia. It was not like I was trying to start a bandwagon against you or something. And at the same time you are loudly trying to start a campaign against Alanna on far more shaky grounds, a campaign that so far has had little support from other players. (Mind, I'm not saying that she can't be mafia. No one in this game can ever be completely off the suspect list, unless you are a finder with 100% accuracy, like I was in the last game, but that's another story). It looked like you wee defending her, and you put in parenthesis that she could be mafia, anybody could be mafia so you wouldn't get called for it. That is my opinion. Your overreaction and Mn's attempts to make it seem as if she doesn't understand the obvious in my post make me think that I was right. You are definitely my top suspect at the moment.

Dragon, you seem to have made a case against pretty much everyone except yourself. I have not made a case against Lily, Neesh, and Mystica, none of them have been on my radar so that piece of logic is wrong.

Your voice is wrong. And I didn't defend Alanna. No one is off my suspect list completely. I simply said that I can't understand the case you are building against her (just like most players, by the way). Dragon, your gut feeling against her may be right, I don't know. But if someone can't read meaning into your gut feelings it doesn't necessarily make them mafia Well why does it make me mafia for going with my suspicions and voting the way I feel? If people do not like my reasoning then don't vote for it, don't say, "He is building a case against her he must be mafia." I have saw cases be constructed on innocent players, and the people doing the constructing are innocent also. That is the thing Luddy, innocents have to build cases, mafia have an easier time than the innocents because they know who is innocent and who is mafia. If I were mafia would I so blatantly go with a gut feeling and bring myself to the limelight, or would I lurk in the shadows and wait for the perfect opportunity to jump in and avoid notice?

Doesn't make sense. As Alanna pointed out if she had casted an OMGUS vote you would have accused her of beng mafia as well (actually, you would have had more reason to do this had it been the case. An OMGUS vote is not the tactics a responsible innocent is likely to use. She doesn't seem to believe you are mafia that's why she doesn't vote for you. It makes perfect sense, IMHO. And no, I'm not saying that Alanna can't be mafia. Everyone here can.) If she would have then I would have been more inclined to believe her innocene, as I have said somewhere in this thread. An OMGUS would be a typical innocent reaction to all that pressure.

Guest dragonsworn1991

Alanna just isn't coming off to me as mafia, maybe she will I don't know. Myst is awfully quiet though, I'll have to keep her on my suspect list.

I have to vote [glow=red,2,300]dragonsworn[/glow] again, he has said nothing to dispel my suspicions of him.

Because of the things I said in my third post I quoted I am highly suspect of this vote.

And Ludmian, all you have is one vote on you, why are you getting so hot under the collar?

Alanna just isn't coming off to me as mafia, maybe she will I don't know. Looks like you are starting to distance yourself from her, because you know when I am lynched I will flip innocent and maybe people will listen to me then. Myst is awfully quiet though, I'll have to keep her on my suspect list. Now you are trying to set up a case so when people say maybe I have something then you will lead the charge on Myst. Although I agree Myst may be mafia but I just don't get that vibe from her.

I have to vote [glow=red,2,300]dragonsworn[/glow] again, he has said nothing to dispel my suspicions of him. Neither has Myst but you are joing a bandwagon in hopes of an easy lynch.

I have to say WTF?? Where did you get any of that? I'm not distancing myself from her, I was never close. I do not believe she's mafia, nothing she has said or done has shouted 'mafia' to me.

Myst signed up to this game and now hasn't been around here all that much. Common mafia tactic is to lay low. I don't plan on leading any charge against her because she's been in lurk mode on other parts of DM, so I will give her the benefit of the doubt for now.

Btw I'm not joining a bandwagon, I was one of the first to vote for you.

Nice OMGUS vote on me btw, you keep right on digging a hole for yourself since I view OMGUS votes as attempts to derail a lynch on yourself.

I can't see how you managed to fabricate a case against me when all I've said is that your behaviour seems suspicious and I can't figure out how Alanna looks mafia. :-\

I have not made a case against Lily, Neesh, and Mystica, none of them have been on my radar so that piece of logic is wrong.

Oops, sorry! You made a case against more than a half players on the game which, this being just the beginning of the game, makes your "cases" meaningless.

And Ludmian, all you have is one vote on you, why are you getting so hot under the collar?

Who? Me? Not at all. I simply believe that your style of playing is counterproductive.

I can't see how you managed to fabricate a case against me when all I've said is that your behaviour seems suspicious and I can't figure out how Alanna looks mafia.

That's what I'm talking about. Try to analyse his actions or fail to agree with his "gut feelings" and you automatically become mafia.

Doesn't make sense. As Alanna pointed out if she had casted an OMGUS vote you would have accused her of beng mafia as well (actually, you would have had more reason to do this had it been the case. An OMGUS vote is not the tactics a responsible innocent is likely to use. She doesn't seem to believe you are mafia that's why she doesn't vote for you. It makes perfect sense, IMHO. And no, I'm not saying that Alanna can't be mafia. Everyone here can.) If she would have then I would have been more inclined to believe her innocene, as I have said somewhere in this thread. An OMGUS would be a typical innocent reaction to all that pressure.

But I'm not the kind of person who gives into pressure :P There was no reason to vote for you then unless I was convinced you were mafia; we still had plenty of time. Now, since we're getting down to the deadline, I have to decide what to do.

• Club Leader

Wow! This is tough. Pete, I don't really think you're mafia, but we either lynch you or we get a random modkill. That could be disasterous, maybe even our finder or something. Since I'm not sure, and so many others seem to feel you are, I think that's the best use for my vote today. I hope someone starts pinging my radar soon, or I'm not going to be too much use to this game.

Vote [glow=red,2,300]Dragon[/glow] (Sorry, bro!)

Vote Count:

Dsworn (6): Ellianora, Ludmian, mnwhiterose, Seryanne, Dsworn, Lily

6 votes makes a majority lynch.

Not voting: DSage, Mystica, Meesh, Alanna

Dsworn the innocent The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie has been BANNED.

the-satanic-verses.jpg

When a Jumbo jet blows apart above the English Channel, Gabreel and Saladin miraculously survive and are washed up on a beach. However, it appears that curious changes have come over them and that they have been chosen as protagonists in the eternal wrestling match between God and the Devil.

This book sparked riots around the world for what some called a blasphemous treatment of the Islamic faith (throughout the book, Salman Rushdie refers to the Prophet Muhammad as Mahound, the medieval name for the devil). In 1989, five people died in riots in Pakistan and a stone-throwing mob injured 60 people in India. Although Rushdie issued an apology, Iranian spiritual leader Ayatullah Ruhollah Khomeini publicly condemned the Indian-British author to death, putting a $1 million bounty on his head (an Iranian assassin would get $3 million, Khomeini promised). While European nations recalled their diplomats from Tehran, some Muslim authors, like Nobel Prize–winner Naguib Mahfouz, defended Rushdie and accused the Ayatullah of "intellectual terrorism." Meanwhile, Venezuelan officials threatened anyone who owned or read the book with 15 months of prison. Japan fined anyone who sold the English-language edition, and a Japanese translator was subsequently stabbed to death for his involvement with the book. Two major U.S. booksellers — Walden Books and Barnes & Noble — removed the book from their shelves after receiving death threats. And while Rushdie's publisher, Viking Penguin, denounced such "censorship by terrorism and intimidation," threats of violence forced the company to temporarily close its New York City office to improve security. Under the protection of British authorities, Rushdie lived in hiding for nearly a decade.

Night 2 has begun! Beware dear books, for you may be next!

Night 2 will end at 6:30 pm CST Oct 16 or when all night actions are submitted.

Archived