DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Segurant of the Sword

Azshaya

So far these past few weeks have been all about Kath and how much we unequivocally love her (and we do), but its now time to forget about her and instead focus on someone far more important: Segurant!!

*waits for the undoubtedly deafening applause to die down*

As you may or may not be aware, Seggy (as we affectionately call him, cute isn’t it?) has been an integral part of Kathana’s life these many years and one might go as far to say she couldn’t have done all she did without him! With this in mind we can hardly let an event like this go by without recognizing the man behind the woman.

So now we take this time to honour you Segurant,

*clears throat*

Because of your fascination with and dedication to the way of the sword, we have chosen to present you with a series of swords, each one symbolizing you in some way.  Each member of the Me’Areath has chosen a sword (or swords as may be the case) that they feel represents you, what you’ve done and your relationship with Kathana if they so chose.

Note: I'm opening it up out of an interest of time and to make sure Seggy gets all the love he deserves.  Go nuts! ;)

Additionally, in the next few days a highly accurate and researched biography of Segurant’s life will be presented.

(note: Fabrications will replace facts if valid information is unavailable)

Now, without further ado,

*pulls our an embellished cloth and unravels it revealing two intricate swords*

I present to you the Wakizashi and the Katana, to symbolize your strength and the bond between you and Kathana.  Carried by the Samurai, the Wakizashi and the Katana were always carried in tandem and were a symbol of the Samurai’s honour and strength.  Together the Wakizashi and Katana were unstoppable and when separated one always stood in for the other.

(I had these but they just looked awkward with the rest of the post, so you're required to click!)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/tazbigdog/JH-wakizashi-side-view.jpg

http://bored-space.com/Pics/Katana/katana001.jpg

More to come!

Ok I cant say I feel I know him well enough, but doing this I wanted to go with the angle of what he seem like in pictures coupled with what I at least imagine having noticed on boards or such. Which is that while he is interested and skilled in swords, and can do a lot of good and serious work, he also seem like the type to have fun, so i went looking for a fun but not directly overly goofy looking sword. So I give him the classic 9 ring broadsword from China ;) to represent that fun and achievement/skill can go hand in hand.

http://www.gungfu.com/pics-general/pics-swords/swords-chinese-swords-classic-a-9-ring-broadsword.jpg

*Enters the room where Segurant is present and advances to a point a pace or so before him.  He presents in his outstretched hands a heron marked blade to Segurant.*

I humbly present you, Segurant, with this heron marked blade and scabbard.  You are one who has trained with the best of swordsmen and excelled beyond your peers.  In doing so, you have learned many skills, one of which is timing, when to parry and when to thrust or retreat.  You have also learned tact, quite useful in dealing with the lofty, the blow hards, and the pompous, many of whom one meets and converses with in court and in the White Tower, while displaying a genuine interest in the conversation, regardless of one's own feelings toward the all-important one.  You have learned to bide your time, awaiting many opportunities, seizing the moment, and excelling while others pause.

You have the best opportunity of all of us, in these and many other skills, since you are the Warder of Kathana.  You hold your poise even when surrounded by the most pompous ones of the White Tower, for you are a Warder, and a Warder has a will of steel.  You practice patience when awaiting your bonded Aes Sedai, even though she may dally in her quarters, for one reason or another, for you are a Warder, and as such, you are not mindful of minor details.  All the minor irritations of life, which would beset us ordinary ones, slide off your back like water, since you are a Warder.

Take this steel and bear it well.

I am wondering at what point I should mention that Segurant isn't my Warder and never has been. =)

I did poke him last night and today again about this thread, but he's decided its funny to be oppositional over this, so Lord knows when he'll decide to show up.

*waltzes in*

So, yeah, I've got a sword for ya.  This isn't a normal sword, mind you, but I really badass sword.  And cool.

I present to you, Segurant, the Sword of Omens.

147_1411200327493.jpg

See?  Told ya I had a cool sword for you!

The Sword of Omens contains the mystic Eye of Thundara, whatever the heck that is.  I've made a list of the top 5 reasons this sword is the coolest:

Top 5 Reasons the Sword of Omens is the coolest sword out there

1.  It's weilder is named Lion-O.  C'mon, how cool is that?  No?  Ok, moving on...

2.  It goes from dagger to sword, and all you have to yell is "Ho".  If you have a penchant for yelling that often, just....uhh, make sure the sword isn't going to stab you in the leg or something.  That could be messy.  And please make sure you are specifically addressing the sword, and not......anybody else.  ::)

3.  It gives Sight Beyond Sight.  Just don't get run through while staring off into space through your pretty little sword, mmkay?

4.  The Sword of Omens can shoot laser beams.  LASER BEAMS!  I know!  Awesome, right?!

5.  It can be treated as a plot device when you are running low on ideas.  Not sure what to write about?  No problem - the sword broke.  Used that already?  Fine.  The sword won't get bigger when you want it to.  Hmmm, that last one might require some medical attention.  Are we still talking about the Sword of Omens?  Didn't think so.  :-\

But really, the Sword of Omens can only be used by those pure of heart.  That would be Segurant.  You da man.

*grins* Actually, that would have been a better title of the thre... *trails off*

What? Just saying ;D

Nyn

Oiy, give me a break.  I was tired and the title seemed like a really good idea at the time

(actually it was totally Lii's idea, so blame her :P)

I could have named it that, but it wouldn't have been fair to the others  ;D

Oh, awesome. The stage is mine, then. I claimed it!

*clears throat*

Segurant. We are gathered here today to honor you. Well, most of us are, I think. I might be poking fun as well. You are a worthy husband. You make food that is actually edible! Heck, that's more than I can admit to, really. You take good care of Kathana. You indulge her and for that you deserve recognition!

Your good traits are:

His panda ways! They are tres fascinating!   rofl

DSCN0283.jpg

He protects Kathana from any foe fiercely and bravely!

width=360 height=480http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m91/Nynaeve28/DragonCon%202009/DSCN0287.jpg[/img]

He's Rand Al'Thor's best pal!

width=360 height=480http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m91/Nynaeve28/DragonCon%202009/DSCN0284.jpg[/img]

and the fact that he lets his wife mess with his hair (pig tails are very becoming of you, btw) is admirable.

Jimmy.jpg

Segurant is just THAT devout to his wife that he even wears her clothes sometimes.

width=360 height=480http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m91/Nynaeve28/Jimmyskirthoop.jpg[/img]

Lets face it, Seggy, you are just the awesome  ;D

*smooches and runs off*

Nyn

Plinth

ROFLMAO omg, I love that last pic!! Seg! You dog you! You look better in a skirt than most women do. So unfair. *chuckles*

Kath, this thread wasn't because he was your warder, but because he's the poor sod that had to live with you spending so much time on DM and related stuff ;)

Seggy, we wanted you to know we really do appreciate what you've done for us, wether directly or indirectly and who better to do this than your own Discipline :D

*eagerly awaits what else the Me'Areath have in store*

Archived