DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Reasons to suspect you might be addicted to Dm/WoT

Naeann

1. You wake up at 3a.m. to go to the bathroom, and

check for any new posts on the way back to bed.

2. You name your children/pets after characters in the books.

3. You log off of DM and are suddenly filled

with a feeling of emptiness, as if you just pulled the

plug on a loved one.

4. You can't get enough of these people online and go to meets and cons to hang out with them in person.

5. You find yourself using phrases from the books such as "Mothers milk in a cup!" , "Light!", "Blood and bloody ashes!"

6.  You wish you could channel for various reasons. (Travelling, Healing, teaching that idiot that cut you off a lesson)

7. You ignore work/school to check for new posts every five minutes or so.

But it payed off right?  I wish I could afford to do both every year. :P

I won't say we broke even, because we threw alot of our own personal money into it, but we're debt free and able to do it again.

Not only has none of my family even considered reading the books, but they cannot understand my addiction to the computer and these forums and think I'm clinically crazy for hopping on a plane and flying to a convention full of others like me and sharing a room with two guys and a girl I had only talked to on the computer before that.  Luckily... Barm and Arie left me unscathed.  I finally got over having to sleep in the fetal position out of fear. *rolls eyes*

That's funny. My family is the opposite. If I recommend a book, they'll read it. So I've got all of my in law's, my siblings, my friends, and even a few people that I don't really know, but I happened across in the Barnes and Noble Sci fi section crazy over WOT. They do draw the line at online communities though, and also think I'm a little eccentric about my forum obsession. :P

I found copies of Crossroads and Winters heart at Deals for 5 bucks and before I left the store I had convinced 3 people to buy them.

Imagine their irriation when they find out those are books 9 and 10. heheh.  My entire set is currently with one of my best friends.. who I got hooked on the series.

I'm with you on this Nae, I can't get friends and family for love or money to read these books, nor to go online and go on forums...They leave themselves unfulfilled, it is sad!

Can't even get them to read Harry Potter neither! ::)

You know you're addicted when:

11- Not only do you get family members to read books, but you drag them to Cons with you. Worse, they dress better than you do the last few years. *eyes her Dad*

12- You feel the need to celebrate when you get a new position and drag your husband out to celebrate it properly, even though he has no idea what you're talking about.

13- When you wear your Great Serpent Ring as part of your everyday jewelry and have no trouble explaining why to everyone who asks (regardless of their age).

14- You can't seem to make it through a reread of the books because someone sees you reading them and you end up loaning them to them, instead. Spreading the love is a beautiful thing. ;) Is it strange that I'm considering checking books out of the library that I OWN?

15- When you actually get ANGRY when you can't make it through everything that you NEED to do while you're at DM because annoying things like work make you go to bed at an ungodly hour? (My husband really hates reminding me what time it is during the week...)

16.)  You never want to take your Great Serpent ring off because you want people to know that you are Aes Sedai.

17.)  You are ecstatic when one of your patients recognizes your Great Serpent ring and knows exactly what it is (true story)!

18.)  You are jealous of people who have the types of jobs where they can actually get online to hang out on DM during their work time.

19.)  You find yourself cursing time zones because a lot of the fun on DM was happening while you were either asleep or at work.

18 and 19 are soooo true!

20) When you refer to your Sisters/Brothers in conversation and people automatically associate them with your RL family and get confused when you try and clarify. "wait, you've got a sister in Belgium, one in south Africa and England and a sister and 2 brothers in America? - But...I thought you only had one brother and sister?!" ???

I only have a few of those.  I guess I am not obsessed enough. 

I am on my 7th reread.

I spend about 2-2.5 hours at DM while I am working(Gotta love third shift).

I'd like to make it to a con.

I have tried getting others to read them, but my wife and most of my friends are not readers.  My Mother reads, but is more of a King/Koontz, sort of reader, and my Sister recently read harry Potter, but I am not certain she would be willing to follow all the characters in WoT.  ::)

16.)  You never want to take your Great Serpent ring off because you want people to know that you are Aes Sedai.

17.)  You are ecstatic when one of your patients recognizes your Great Serpent ring and knows exactly what it is (true story)!

18.)  You are jealous of people who have the types of jobs where they can actually get online to hang out on DM during their work time.

19.)  You find yourself cursing time zones because a lot of the fun on DM was happening while you were either asleep or at work.

number 17... YES! [btw... noticed that said patients... are you in health care as well?]

21) As soon as you wake up in the morning you turn your computer on and get all excited to see all the new posts because the night before you kept refreshing the page to see if new posts had been posted but alas... 'no new messages'.

Talya I drove through Crewkerne on Sunday on my way to Lyme Regis.

I'm with you on this Nae, I can't get friends and family for love or money to read these books, nor to go online and go on forums...They leave themselves unfulfilled, it is sad!

Can't even get them to read Harry Potter neither! ::)

Ditto that, although they have read Harry Potter and I actually think they would enjoy WoT

I keep desperately trying to get my sisters to read the books... when I was on the first 2-3 books they seemed kindof keen but i said they couldn't start reading them yet because they would overtake me and that would be annoying  :-\ But now they think I am a crazy person! and every time I try to mention them reading them they give me a funny look  :( not to mention when I bring up the forum lol.

My friend I have pursuaded to read them but she has only read the first book so far so I cannot really talk to her about them yet.

I'd really love to go to a convention but I think I will have to wait until I get a job after uni.

I love that all you guys are obsessed with WoT... it makes me feel normal  :D

Archived