DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What scene gave you goosebumps the first time you read it.

Mighty Chin

I really like the part in the Great Hunt when perrin realizes that Rand is Shadowkiller.

Also in the beginning of the second book when rand lifts Elayne and Egwene up off the group and shields both of them then they realize that they were wrong in thinking that they were close to rand in strength.

i like cadsuane's reaction to finding out rand had stilled 3 women when he broke out of the box at dumai wells(spelling /shrug) right before she gets him out of the prison.

just naming some i didnt see when i read through the thread.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For mine:

The Shadow Rising - The Road to the Spear, the Dedicated... seeing the evolution, disintegration and distilling of the Aiel, seeing the pivotal moment leading to the War Of Power, The Breaking of the World and the end of the Age of Legends, all through Rand's eyes, and having him leave the ter'angreal to find himself staring at Avendesora... still stuns me to even think on it.

The Fires of Heaven  - plenty here... the scene at the wharves, from the moment that Kadere's wagon explodes, to Moiraine's letter and Lan's departure...

...the climactic scenes in Caemlyn, as Rand desperately hunts Rahvin in Tel'aran'rhiod, with Nynaeve's POV as she skulldrags Moghedien through there with her, culminating in Rahvin's death.

And Knide of Dreams: simply, "UP AXES AND CLEAR THE FIELD"; the first graphic display of the Ogiers' storied antipathy to The Shadow.

There's sooooo many...

Rand breaking out of the chest in LoC. I was thinking "you have got to be kidding me" the entire time.

Pretty much anytime the dice starts rolling in Mat's head.

Moiraine falling through the ter'angreal. The scene where it describes her getting up on the wagon was bloody brilliant. There went my favorite character though.  :'(

Perrin reuniting with Faile during the final battle to defend the Two Rivers from all those Trollocs. She's the only thing he sees despite all the things going on around him.

Morgase barely escaping Rahvin's Compulsion and fleeing Caemlyn. Every time she would get pulled back there I would be thinking "No...no don't go, he's one of the Forsaken!" Silly me.  :P

Finding out Ingtar was a DF and his stand against the Seanchan. Him yelling while Rand and the others were getting away was crazy.

Rand hunting the renegade Asha'man in Far Madding.

When Egwene got caught with an a'dam. I felt terrible for her.

There's many more but that's all I feel like putting right now.

I don't think anybody will argue when I say that three of the best scenes in WoT are:

-Rand seeing through his ancestors' eyes in Rhuidean. You felt so attached to every single character. Unbelievable writing. It told such a moving story of pain and desperation - it was what really made me like the Aiel, and made them fascinating to me.

-Rand seeing many of his possible lives, all ending in "I win again, Lews Therin" in tGH. Again, unbelievable writing.

-The Golden Crane scene in KoD.

All these gave me goosebumps and were so amazing I actually had to set the book down for a minute and just go "wow". Goosebumps is an understatement.

I don't think anybody will argue when I say that three of the best scenes in WoT are:

-Rand seeing through his ancestors' eyes in Rhuidean. You felt so attached to every single character. Unbelievable writing. It told such a moving story of pain and desperation - it was what really made me like the Aiel, and made them fascinating to me.

-Rand seeing many of his possible lives, all ending in "I win again, Lews Therin" in tGH. Again, unbelievable writing.

-The Golden Crane scene in KoD.

All these gave me goosebumps and were so amazing I actually had to set the book down for a minute and just go "wow". Goosebumps is an understatement.

I cannot believe I forgot the ancestors scene. The one where the boys are kicked out of their clan for killing was the most chilling for me. Also the intervals where Muradin would be causing more and more pain to himself, and eventually he would be gone. That was just crazy.

Greetings all! I'm a long time lurker and fan of the series, I just had to contribute to this excellent thread.

First scene that came to my mind was the glass columns in Rhuidean. A stand-out moment in a stand-out series. Others that I would like to add:

- Thom finding Dena dead in tGH. Try as he might he just cannot escape the Great Game. The innkeeper sees the look in his eyes and knows his intentions but he replies "I'm only an old gleeman." You're fooling no-one Thom!

- Moiraine striding into the Hall of the Stone in tDR and balefiring Be'lal into oblivion...

Moiraine had not stopped or slowed while he spoke. She was no more than thirty paces from him when he raised his hand, and she raised both of hers as well.

Magnificent! We already know Moiraine is a remarkable woman but here we really see just what she is capable of.

- tFOH, 'the Far Snows'. A mortified Aviendha recklessly fleeing Rand and Rand's desperate search in the icy water, followed by his efforts to warm her and then the inevitable...

• 3 weeks later...

Most of my favorites have already been mentioned, but I did not see this one:

(Chapter 10 "A Blazing Beacon", Crossroads of Twilight) Elayne explains to Aviendha that her visits to the countryside, ostensibly to gather soldiers, are in truth so that people will talk about her, claim to have seen her, and in so doing, come to favor her--even though this will make no difference until after she has the throne.  "Most queens in our history spent the first years of their rule gathering the people solidly behind them, Aviendha, and some never did, but harder times than these are coming.  I may not have one year before I need every Andoran to stand behind me.  I can't wait until I have the throne."

It's especially ironic when, in Chapter 15, Elenia thinks that Elayne was "likely without two thoughts in her head beyond what to wear tonight."

I know that this one has been mentioned before, but, when Nyneave is recruiting for Lan.  I just get goosebumps everytime I read that part.  I can't wait to see what happens with that.  I love the Malkier's POV in that scene.  Even more so when I listen to it on the cd's.

I also like the scene where it looks like Matt has control of part of the Seanchan army because Tuon has just said the vows to make him her husband and the Seanchan general tells Matt that he cannot look into his eyes since he is of the Blood now.

Reminds me of a saying from one of the Superman movies and I quote..."Man, this is gonna be good!"

The scenes I reread just to cry different cries...

Will Lan Ride Alone?

When Perrin tells his newly discovered kinsmen, the “curly headed boy", to tell “his children’s children” of what he’d seen.....I cry  thinking of that one

The whole of Tuon and Mat’s farewell

The wolves reaction to a caged Shadowkiller at Dumai's Well

Early in TDR when the wolves have been trying to warn Perrin, or at least contact him, and he finally has the dream only to wake up to Shadowspawn.....We come, brother

ALL of Moraine & Suian’s raising.....Welcome home, Sister, we have waited long for you.

So i haven't read all of these posts yet but my two favorite scenes are definitly when Mat beats up galad and gawyn with his staff in TDR.  AWESOME! 

The second one that i haven't seen mentioned is when nynaeve and Cadsuane go to... far madding?  Correct if im wrong on the town but the town with the angreal to sense channeling, and to stop channeling and then both of them use the wells they have.  The whole council freaks out. AWESOME!

I haven't read all the posts either but my favorite scenes are

1) When rand get's to the village with Tam in EotW and he realizes he might have to watch his father die that was horrible

2) and like a lot have you have said I loved the part in the end of KoD

3) The cleansing of siadin

4) The scene in Shadar logath when Rand finds Liah That was bad

Those are my favorites :D

Ok, Perrin and Faile haters, don't beat me up too badly for this one. =)

My favorite is in The Shadow Rising where Perrin has just married Faile, and sends her to Caemlyn so she'll be safe, and the Two Rivers people are all fighting the Trollocs. Perrin is sure he's going to die and then Faile shows up with help. I laugh and cry every time I read that, I just love it! It's such a touching scene when he scoops her up into his saddle and rides back into town with all the people cheering.

Just before this a small boy acting as a runner during the battle come sup to Perrin and it turns out to be Perrin's cousin, after his family have all been killed by Padan Fain, I well up every time i read that.  Which is great because it's not one of the special spectacular moments, like Dumai's Wells or the Cleansing, or the Bowl of Winds, or Nyneave losing her block.  It's just a man who's lost his whole family on the brink of despair and the incoming attack finding out he has 1 cousin left and I nearly cry every time I read it. 

I DO cry at that part. :)

I think I've found the last day that Rand cries.....which realizing this gave me chills.

The day Moraine, Mat, Asmodean, and Aviendha “die”.

For Moraine he goes in the dock house and is angry at himself for not crying, but when Sulin comes in to explain the Far Dareis Mai honor problem, Rand’s cheeks are wet with tears without him realizing it. Then when he’s balefired Rhavin he cries tears of joy at seeing Aviendha alive again.

Some of us seem to equate goosebumps differently. Not surprisingly I suppose. I don't think I've ever been creeped out. I do get choked up on occasion..

Perival Mantear declaring "House Mantear for Elayne and the White Rose".. The little guy being such an "old head" kinda gets me on a couple occasions actually.

The novices treating Eggy as The Amyrlin.

Nynaeve in Saldea (the very first time I've been able to tolerate the character)

Perrin on Several occasions during the fight for the Two Rivers, his little cousin showin up being just one. Tam and Able deferring to Perrin another.

How about some of the Liandrin scenes:

When she's talking to the Seanchan leader at the Falme gate about "their master" when there are Suldam standing a few feet away with empty leashes just itching to snap around her scrawny little Red neck.

And the look on her face when she finds out that the servant that she has been so nasty to is really Moggy!  :o

Then, to top it all off, she gets caught trying to use her Compulsion trick on Moggy (way out of her league)...does my heart good every time I think about it.  :)

My brain just quit working...what ever happened to her?  ???

Archived