DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What scene gave you goosebumps the first time you read it.

Mighty Chin

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the FoH when Aviendha, Mat, and Asmodean get zapped by Rahvin, and Rand goes into a rage. I was in a trance through that whole fight. The Nynaeve and Moggy thing that cut in kind of annoyed me.

Rand hunting down the renegade Asha'man in Far Madding.

Semirhage torturing the Aes Sedai and Warder in LoC.

Rand breaking out of the chest in LoC.

Siuan and Leane waking up in their prison cells after their stilling. One of the things that made me love Siuan's character so much.

Moiraine tackling Lanfear into the doorway ter'angreal. She's my favorite character for a few reasons, and that is one of them.

Mat and Rand traveling to Caemlyn and going to each inn to preform for a bed and food. EVERY single town I was thinking "oh they're going to get caught here". It was one of the greatest series of chapters in the entire series for the suspense. Rand's and Mat's taveren twisting of chance with the lightning was amazing.

The glass columns at Rhuidean. So chilling.

There's too many more.....

What about when Rand attacks the Seanchan with Callandor and ends up flailing lightening everywhere without realising, and nearly kills Bashere and all his own men?

"You cannot strike at me! I am the Dragon Reborn!"

and at the same time

"You cannot defeat me! I am the Lord of the Morning!"

One of my favorite Rand moments that.

Ah, reading this thread reminded me of just how good this series is. Thank you. I've been on a long break from it ever since I finished Knife of Dreams, and I'm still waiting a little bit longer to start my 5th and final time through the series so I can finish it right when A Memory of Light comes out. You guys made it harder for me to wait a while on starting :p

My favorite book is still The Shadow Rising, and the reason is probably because two of the most goosebumping moments in the series.

Everyone who said the part about the columns in Rhuidean are absolutely right. I am not sure if it was more goosebump inducing for the avalanche of info we got about the Age of Legends in just a few chapters, or the revelation that the Tinkers are actually Aiel, or seeing the Bore formed. It was all just amazing.

Then there was pretty much everything that happened in Emond's Field. The love story with Faile, the battle, and the happy ending. Perrin is my favorite character in the series, and it never got any better then it was at the end of Book 4.

I dunno if these were goosebump inducing, but I really liked things like when Rand make it rain in the Wastes, and what happened with Rhuidean and how the lake formed, and then later when he cleansed Saiden. I really liked them because so much in the Fantasy genre talks about these amazing feats done "long ago" and then the stories that take place in the actual story don't measure up. Those things, and a few others, are awesome mythical events that you actually get to see happen, and you can just imagine in the next Age people telling legends about how the lake came to be formed in the middle of the Wastes and how Saiden was cleansed.

I also thought Knife as a whole was pretty goosebump inducing. "Tarmon Gaiden" has been talked about since the first book, and it's taken on this mythical status in the series. It was amazing to see all the nuts and bolts really start coming together in Knife. Tarmon Gaiden isn't just going to be a big epic battle between Rand and the Dark One, it's going to be fought at Tarwin's Gap, and everywhere else, and no matter what Rand does, everyone else is going to have their own battle to fight.

I could go on and on, but those two from The Shadow Rising are probably my favorite, and everyone else has covered most of my other favorites.

DaTaimsta, just so you know Rand channelled at four Kings, remember he got sick a few days later in that village where Shiane(the noble-looking darkfriend) tried to kill them.  Nothing to do with Taveren.

Ahh thanks for clarifying that. I always wondered how he got sick like that....it clicked at one point but then I forgot it.

There's way too many amazing scenes to list all of them, but i a few of my favorites are:

Dumai's Wells - the box was riveting and the asha'man battle was just amazing. i read the entire hundred or so pages straight through, starting at about two in the morning. never even looked up.

Falme - the fight with the Seanchan was great, but the battle in the sky took everything to the next level

Rand giving the poison to the asha'man at the end of Path of Daggers (i think...)

The first forkroot scene - it was all so unexpected and terrifying. At the same time, i must say that i don't get the Aes Sedai fear of forkroot. yeah, it stops channeling, but it's not like you could channel while under the effects of a normal sleeping potion, anyway, now is it?

the Gholam scene - terrifying and badass

the first Shadar Logath trip - everything was just so creepy

Manatheren

Perrin's battle for the two rivers - the whole thing was a mixture of really emotional moments, really badass moments, and really heartfelt moments

Mat and the _fellin

Scene with Moraine and Lanfear - so unexpected and sad. Moraine felt like one of those charecters who just couldn't die and then...BAM

Rahvin/Moghedien fight

The end of TSR - the idea of the teacher was just such a great cliffhanger, for me, at least.

The first scene with the aiel against the myrddraal - thumpthumpTHUMPthumpthumpTHUMPthumpthumpTHUMP need i say more?

The 'wonder girl's capture in TDR - i've never felt so angry and scared at a book before then. Nynaeve's sense of helplessness was carried over very well

Rand's battle with Bel'al and Ishamael

Rand destroying the Seanchan and the Saldeans with Callandor

The last scene of TGH when the soldiers all bow to Rand and acknowledge him

The last scene of tEoTW with the dragon being reborn

Galad's decimation of Masema's mobs, and later, Galad's duel with Valda. also, although it isn't a specefic scene, his whole conversion to the Whitecloaks

Mat v.s. Gawyn and Galad

Mat's battle at the end of KoD and his farewells to Tuon

Aram

The first few Masema encounters, when he was suficiently twisted, but before it just dragged to where i didn't care anymore

Aviendha and Rand...um...getting together in the snowy wasteland?

Elayne's bonding of Rand (along with the others)

Elayne's humbling of the Aes Sedai and later the Kin in a book that i forget

The cleansing of Saidin

Pretty much every scene with Taim in it, especially Dumai's Wells

When Logain, Siun and Leane were healed

Egwene slapping the council around a bit - about *beep*ing time!

the columns

The Golden Crane

Lan being bonded

Semihrage torturing...anything. she's one of my favorite charecters, so i'm kind of sad that she's done so little (and likely won't be doing much more)

Damn, i've done quite a few more than i intended. more and more just keep popping into my head as i progress. i suppose that's a good thing, though.

EDIT: i forgot a major one, the disposing of Siun. one of my favorite scenes in the series.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived