DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

***TRAITORS IN THE BLACK TOWER*** Mafia game thread.

Talya

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)

The idea is to avoid setting up a target for the mafia. The mafia already know who is innocent, but they will try to keep everyone else in the dark to prevent their own identities from being deduced. When a player is a confirmed innocnet, it just means that they cannot be mafia. So the mafia will traditionally kill them to expand the possibility of who could be mafia.  So, under normal circumstances, a finder will only reveal their find if it is mafia, just to avoid this circumstance.

However, as this game is moving in a little bit of a different direction, different tactics might be considered.

We have a situation where we have lynched one innocent, and that's normal. But we have also escaped an innocent night kill two nights in a row, and that's not normal at all. To top it off, a mafia member was night killed, and that means that we have at least one vigilante or assassin who felt strongly enough that LoTD was mafia that they struck on the second night.

LoTD's behavior and reasoning is very similar to a couple of other players as well. TMD and Tayol have both been in the same camp and I think that it's a strong possibility that at least one is mafia as well.

All in all, we are in a good position to be a little aggressive. The one thing that could work against us is any mistrust of our finder, and I feel like a little bit of that has popped up. I do believe that Loki is the finder becuase I know how hard it is to try and carry off a flase reveal. I also think that it would be a mistake to create any doubt in the healer's mind as to whom they should protect. It looks like they are doing what they should so far, and we can't afford for them to change that.

So, I think that Loki could both gain a little trust and narrow down the field of possible mafia.  That's what I got.

Alarm bells started going off left right and centre when i read that

and at the same time, i seem to be agreeing with Vemy far too much

DPR's making a strong case and yet im wondering whether its all sophistry

(check out the big word ;))

Will contemplate the nature of life, the universe and possibly the direction this game is going - in that order

Yeah, DPR, that's a little suspicious.  In essence, Loki should only reveal a players identity if he knows we are about to lynch an innocent.

I understand the logic, that we'll be dictating the night kill for the mafia, probably upping our chances, but this can go wrong if he reveals the identity of the Healer or Assassin. He did say the night 1 person was roleless, but what if tonight he uncovers the role of the assassin?  Then the assassin will be night killed next, because the healer should still protect the finder.  What if he uncovers the  identity of the Healer?  Then there's no one to protect the Healer, he/she is killed, then Loki is killed the next night and we're screwed...

Loki, I think you should check DPR's identity tonight...

Vemynal, you've been overly quiet, and so far everything DPR said has helped greatly.  If it didn't help much, or at all, then I would say yes, definitely lynch him next. But you haven't said much at all, and now all of the sudden you want to lynch the most helpful player, that doesn't bode well for you...

I think it would be fair to say that I'm not going to post a suggestion like that without realizing that I'm sticking my neck out.  I was curious to see who would jump on it and use it to their own ends, so in that sense it was a bit of a trap. heh. It is widely considered mafiaesque to launch a vote with little or no reason. Especially after day 1. The innocents benefit when you lay your reasons out on the table. Then, each player can add their observations to the scenario and a profile can be constructed. 

I'm fine with Loki looking at me tonight, but I give it decent odds that he already has on night 1 (we've been on the same evil team before and know some of each other's tricks. If I were the finder, I definitely would have checked him!). And, I'm cool with his revealing me if he has.

As far as the finder role goes, you typically find out whether a person is innocent or mafia, but are not given roles. So, he would not know if he had found the healer, etc. But we can check...

Mod: Is the finder given alignment only, or both alignment and role?

eh, mod kill me. one less game to worry about^^

and guys...the vote on dpr *was* a joke...I was goign to change it again to jelly when I saw her post after his saying "my jelly tasted sour so your evil" but then my mum came home and its mothers day

but I'll keep the vote on dpr cuz to be quite honest I don't even know whose alive or died in this game. really haven't been paying attention...

actually wes i havent viewed you yet, but yes you agreeing with me so much the first day did make me think on it but you lost on the toss to someone else.  oh and i dont remeber saying roleless innocnet because i shouldnt have, i deninatly only get alignment.

as to who i viewed night one, if this were a normal game then i wouldnt do that, however we have had no innocents night killed yet, which can mean a couple of things such as;

the mafia not getting a night kill,

or we have a insanely ricky yet kick ass healer,

or there are multiple healer type/role bocky/bulletproofs,

or the mafia have been inactive and missing the nk deadlines,

or the mafia have been going for me and the healer has been blocking them

ok um sorry i just wanted to go through all that 'out loud' um i think it would be best for me to wait until the next day untill i reveal who else i have veiwed, just to see if the no night kill trend continues .. and i would like to vig, or whoever killed lotd, just to hold fire for the moment, if they arnt so lucky this time it might confuce matters (not to mention the you might hit an innocent side of it, you got lucky the first time and well done, but um dont be pushing the luck and all)

*Takes off pirate hat and bows to Loki* As you wish.

Back to the task at hand. I named TMD and Tayol as prime suspects. Both have voted, and at a time when most everyone else is holding back to gather information.

[glow=red,2,300]Tayol[/glow] seems to stick out the most.  Eclipse was just trying to secure a lynch and avoid a double night kill. Which everyone knows.

LotD stated that he thought both DPR and Myself were suspicious.  Turned out LotD was Mafia.  I no longer suspect DPR, and I still suspect TMD and Tayol.  Loki, Vem is a little suspicious to me as well, I would spy him if I were you.

But [glow=yellow,2,300]Tayol[/glow] already had a strike against him, and DPR's reasoning was strike two, strike three is that I'm Gonna Git You Sucka!

I'm going to throw a couple of other observations out there. Take 'em for what their worth:

I get the feling that Korin decided to watch for a while. Self admittedly new to the game, it would make sense to not post a lot. I'm still not getting evil vibes here.

I also get the feeling that Vemy is distracted. But I don't get the evil vibe from him either. I do think that the evil team would be playing a different style if he were on it. Hope that one does not com eback to haunt....

Which leaves TMD, Tayol, Dae, Nae,  and Demi on my list. I've already voted for Tay, but I'm waiting to see what else shakes loose.

Archived