DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Members: Read this first!!!!

Far Dareis Mai

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there! I must say I'm not typically inclined to the evil side of things but you all sounded so interesting in that thread over in the New Members Section, so I figure, why not? Besides I've always wondered what it would feel like to be stabbed, and you do seem to have a penchant for stabbing. Freud would be so intrigued.

... although, if someone is going to stab me, could you kindly stab me in the leg? I'm terribly fond of this sweater and I'd hate to get a hole in it. I'm not a good knitter, not to mention the blood (horribly difficult to get out of a nice sweater). Perhaps just below my knee, towards my calf? Yes, my calf should do nicely. I don't think I'll be needing it any time soon; I'm loathe to do any sort of exercise. Thank you :)

The ellipsis [...] is used for omitting words.  I think the punctuation you are looking for (particularly in the last line of your post) is a semicolon.  The semicolon is used to add a pause between two related sentences without using a period.

We met halfway; is that good?

Claire

/The Grammar Fade

All done now.  It was a very satisfying greyman task though (#17), and I thank ed2funy for making it so sincerely easy to complete.   ;D

Oh whew! I was thinking for a moment that you are an expert on syntax and punctuation and was worried I would have to take such deliberate care in any post I might make that I may not ever actually get a post completed!! Although I'm a big fan of anyone who is proficient in these things. I just tend to throw around punctuation with only an afterthought as to whether the usage is correct. And here I was thinking that the Greyman tasks would require some kind of assassination or something.

Thank you Mr. Ed2funny for the welcome, and the precisely aimed *stab*, and for being the target of a Greyman hit in response to my post. I swear there was no premeditation on my part to lure you into it!

Archived