DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who is still around?

Cairos

On 12/3/2023 at 4:54 PM, Cairos said:

@Jeannaisais tacklehuggles!!!! So glad that you made your way back! How have you been?

*stumbles then returns hug* lol 

I've been pretty good! I think I had mentioned in a few places that I got divorced in the past year and .... that was a good thing. I've had literally one of the best years ever. So much traveling (my ex would never even consider traveling with me), realized I was suffering some anxiety/panic attacks that are basically gone (coparenting is well it's a thing I suppose), and just been spending the year getting to learn myself better and feel more like me then I have in a long time. It's one of those you don't realize the impact of something until you're on the other side and that is oh so true.

I've also now published my epic fantasy trilogy - tis complete and available on the zon (The LeNoir Legacy by Cristen Jennette is book one) - done several local author events too, which have been amazing as I keep selling out of the book one copies I have!

So yeah, my son and I are doing good, having fun, living life - how have you been @Cairos?!

I’m doing great! Living life too. Just been working tons still. Loving my job as a nurse in the emergency department. Seeing all the crazy things and scary things lol. The hubby and I have been doing some gay cruises and our last one for now is next month out of Miami and I can’t wait. 

@Cairos A cruise sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!!! Traveling is the best - it's a type of therapy and is truly amazing. To explore the world and see new places outside the norm. SO riveting!

I got to travel with my son (and my sister tagged along too bc I was like traveling alone with a 6 year old sounds dangerous - someone please join me, and my sister is as much of a travel bug as I am) this past summer 

If only I had better disposable income to travel all the time lol

• 2 weeks later...

*looks out from behind the book she's been reading* Please don't make me move again, I just comfortable! So uh here I guess - anyone know where I can clone myself so one version can chill in the common room next to the fire with a nice brew and read while the other one does all that blegh adulting stuffs? 

5 minutes ago, Cairos said:

*tackles the archie* Don't worry you don't have too move. You can have one of the MG brew thats been aging for a long time. 

ooooo you know how to speak an archie's language don't ya *graciously accepts the MG Brew*

any of y'all remember when I used to insist on virtually drinking MG brew tea? hahaha that ship has sailed - I'll take the brew 😉 (in rl my preference is sangria mmmmm)

2 hours ago, Cairos said:

YES I LOVE SANGRIA! They are so yummy. 

and ya girl needs the original Spain sangria, not whatever knock off nonsense the US makes, it's a poor replacement ngl *sips her MG Brew* be cautious, I may turn philosophical with more imbibing of this delicious drink.

and now I need to go back to Spain. Again. One of these days I'd love to live there again for a while. Once I retire from teaching in the States, I'll probably move to Spain. Sip some wine. Write some books. Read some more books. Travel. *sips on the brew again* that'd be the life

OMG i love Spain. What part of Spain do you think of moving to? I've been to Barcelona, Ibiza, and Madrid. I havent been to Barcelona and Madrid in a while. Ibiza was this past summer and wasn't really impressed. 

20 hours ago, Cairos said:

OMG i love Spain. What part of Spain do you think of moving to? I've been to Barcelona, Ibiza, and Madrid. I havent been to Barcelona and Madrid in a while. Ibiza was this past summer and wasn't really impressed. 

I guarantee I'd end up back in Granada - that city has a piece of my heart and won't let go

1 minute ago, Cairos said:

So there is this korean drama called Memories of the Alhambra. It takes place in Granada. I've never been. I would totally love to go back to Spain or any new European country. 

The Alhambra is *gorgeous* - the gardens are immaculate, the building itself is so impressive, and the history is so fascinating! 

We may have had a flaming MG brew tea at one point *puts on thinking cap* it's been a while and my memory can't recall for sure, but some flaming MG brew sounds mighty fine!

As for new drinks here, I'm always down for any version of Sangria!

On 12/28/2023 at 5:44 AM, Cairos said:

Red, white or rose Sangria? I've been to places that had both. There's this place in NYC that has great red sangrias. Also they have to be sweet because not a sweet sangria is not a happy Cairos lol

My preference for sangria is *always* red - to me it has a richer flavor than the white versions, though I don't think of tried a rose sangria

*Adds chocolate crackles to the table*

Does that count, @Jeannaisais?? 

@Cairos You haven't had fairy bread? That stuff was essentially a mandatory party-food item round here when I was growing up ... though I have seen/heard that it is basically a strange Aussie thing XD

... Otoh - I can't even remember if I've ever had sangria - red OR white (and I didn't even know there was a choice in colours!!)

I'm keen for adding it to the 'new drinks' menu, however!

But also, how about something with tequila?