DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season Finale Predictions

Guest Wolfbrother31

1 minute ago, Ralph said:

And what was he referring to with this one? 

Rafe Judkins
There's a Nynaeve/Lan scene that I fought literally every human being on the show and at the network for, so I hope book fans like it, hahaha.

Could have been referring to the talk about prayers in epuisode 4, the Dai Shan talk or possibly it will be in episode 8

2 minutes ago, Ralph said:

Has to be something from the books, so I assume ep8. 

I don't agree it has to be from the books; it could have been the sword to the throat scene, or trying to kill him. I think this Q&A is dated. 

It could also have been her in his room, which also isn't from the books.

I hope it's the iconic speech, but I'm not as optimistic on that one as I am other things.

15 minutes ago, Jaysen Gore said:

I don't agree it has to be from the books; it could have been the sword to the throat scene, or trying to kill him. I think this Q&A is dated. 

It could also have been her in his room, which also isn't from the books.

I hope it's the iconic speech, but I'm not as optimistic on that one as I am other things.

I think pretty clear he means a book scene. 

He says he hopes the book fans like it like they did the Manetheren one 

Also the Q&A was after the first three eps dropped so I think not shown by then

Question was I recently read the article where you speak on how much you had to fight to keep the Weep for Manetheren scene in. Are there any other scenes with a similar weight of significance you fought for? Vague details are fine.

Edited by Ralph

On 12/21/2021 at 2:20 PM, LordyLord said:

Gabriels Trumpet lol.? Good nickname.

Well if Gabriels Trumpet is at the Eye of the World then it has to be robbed after the Battle of Tarwins Gap

If Gabriels Trumpet is changed to be hidden at Fal Dara on the other hand, the robbery can occur at the same time as the  Battle of Tarwins Gap, thus saving screentime and budget.

As for why Agelmar never used it, my explanation would be that it was sealed in the basement with the One power Long ago, to only open for the Dragon.

Padan Fain to Agelmar's shock however is able to break the basements magical defenses and rob the Vault( Likely using an Item/Power from Mordeth)

Well I really like your episode block generally.  I personally think they need the dungeon scenes with PF.  However, in your scenario ,where does Fain flee to?  Toman Head or with your budget director hat on (which it clearly is) is he going straight to Tear so that we can skip Toman Head.  Remember the math is that they have to get through TGH and TDR next season.  That math assumes AMOL will need a whole season to itself like TEOTW and there are no additional seasons.    On the converse side there is an awesome battle where Gabriel's trumpet is sounded by somebody at Toman head so one could use that for a season midpoint epic battle.  But it could all be condensed into Tear. 

Alright, I've now watched the final teaser a few times and I'm ready to give my Finale predictions.

• Cold open will either be an Age of Legends flashback to LTT, or a Padan Fain montage of what he's been up to this season. I now think the LTT flashback will not be the prologue, but rather the leadup or prep for the Strike at Shayol Ghul. The Fain flashback will definitely include Shadar Logoth, and a Mat scene. Whichever we don't get as the open will be later in the episode
  • Rand and Moiraine struggling through the Blight. I think we'll get some on screen discussion about how he came to realize it and more of her opening up about her mission. I hope we see the Blight get vicious as they get deeper in
  • Lan and the rest begin prep to chase after them but oh no, Trolloc army! We have the scene where Loial tells the girls that they're gathering channelers; Lan has an emotional convo with Nynaeve because he must go to his Aes Sedai
  • Perrin offers his blacksmithing ability to repair/make weapons for the ensuing battle at the Gap, staying at Fal Dara. He will be the primary character to face off against...
  • FAIN! Who will have snuck some Fades and maybe a small handful of Trollocs into Fal Dara. If he wasn't the cold open, we'll get that sequence here. Perrin must face his inner demons and fight the one that brought the Trollocs to the TR; the man who is actually responsible for his wife's death
  • In the Blight, Moiraine and Rand reach the Eye. I don't think we'll get the Green Man, sadly, especially with Loial still in Fal Dara. But there will be someone there: Ba'alzamon
  • MEANWHILE we've got our big set piece battle between the Shadowspawn and the sheinarans. We'll see the girls and some other channelers as a part of this, and Nynaeve will be unable to channel. Egwene, the swot that she is (compliment!), will learn quickly as the battle progresses.
  • At the Eye, Ba'alzamon will disable Moiraine immediately and then begin tempting Rand to join him. We'll likely get some combination of bribes and threats (his mother's soul from the books is the template here). If it wasn't the cold open, we'll get the LTT flashback around here
  • In Fal Dara, Perrin will pick up the axe and drive off some Shadowspawn. Fain will escape of course, probably taunting something about his friends at the Gap ("at least Mat will be safe with me"? Something about Mat too).
  • The army and the channelers have held the line, but whatever Fain was doing results in reinforcements or a flanking that threatens them. The women link. It won't be enough
  • Rand rejects Ba'alzamon. He goes to kill Moiraine but Lan interrupts, giving Rand enough time to seize untainted saidin and "kill" BA. Lan warns them of the army at the Gap. "We'll never make it".
  • Rand Travels to the Gap while holding pure saidin and just absolutely destroys the trolloc army
  • Denouement in Fal Dara. Moiraine and Lan return with items from the Eye: the broken seal, the Dragon banner... and maybe the Horn. Discussion also of Mat and saving him. We'll definitely have some discussions about the whole "Rand is the Dragon Reborn" thing too
  • Fade to black... then fade back in on the Seanchan ships approaching the west coast. We'll see damane for sure so we know these are Bad Guys. Cut to credits

Whew. Probably my most in depth one but I'm excited. See y'all tomorrow night!

5 hours ago, Ralph said:

And what was he referring to with this one? 

Rafe Judkins
There's a Nynaeve/Lan scene that I fought literally every human being on the show and at the network for, so I hope book fans like it, hahaha.

Could it be the scene where Lan "rejects" Nynaeve due to his duty/life as a warder, but gives her his ring, and tells her he will be jealous of any man she ends up with?

Might be tricky given they've already taken the relationship to a beyond platonic level.

Edited by Chivalry

5 minutes ago, Chivalry said:

Could it be the scene where Lan "rejects" Nynaeve due to his duty/life as a warder, but gives her his ring, and tells her he will be jealous of any man she ends up with?

Might be tricky given they've already taken the relationship to a beyond platonic level.

That's the speech I meant. And I fully see it in Lan's character to still do it, because you know, duty, mountains, something, something. And he chooses Moiraine over Nynaeve, and while her head understands it, it still lrips her heart apart.

On 12/18/2021 at 6:29 AM, Elder_Haman said:

It would also be far too derivative of GoT. Though I suppose it's a possibility.

Here's my (very vague) guesses:

• The rest of the group that was left behind at Fal Dara is unable to leave the city due to a surprise Trolloc attack.
  • We find out Fain's a darkfriend and is leading the Trollocs.
  • We get some slow Rand and Moiraine moments where she explains stuff about the prophecies.
  • Rand goes ham. "Kills" the "Dark One" and obliterates the Trollocs.
  • Fain captured.

I guess we will see finally which of us are closer in our projection of the eye. Based on the rest of the show I suspect it will bear close to zero resemblance to the book and you will "win" the foretelling.  Have no real expectations for Episode 8

4 hours ago, Wraith235 said:

if the leaks are to be believed this is gonna be a trainwreck

There can be no trainwreck. 

There can only be an;

Adaption

Interpretation

Re-imagining

Different turning of the wheel

Change to suit TV format

No trainwrecks allowed here. 

9 hours ago, Spiritweaver1 said:

Well I really like your episode block generally.  I personally think they need the dungeon scenes with PF.  However, in your scenario ,where does Fain flee to?  Toman Head or with your budget director hat on (which it clearly is) is he going straight to Tear so that we can skip Toman Head.  Remember the math is that they have to get through TGH and TDR next season.  That math assumes AMOL will need a whole season to itself like TEOTW and there are no additional seasons.    On the converse side there is an awesome battle where Gabriel's trumpet is sounded by somebody at Toman head so one could use that for a season midpoint epic battle.  But it could all be condensed into Tear. 

Padan Fain isn't a Hound in the show ... Doesn't appear worn down or haggard or insane, just whistling and hanging out. Book Fain is more like gollum

8 hours ago, Wraith235 said:

if the leaks are to be believed this is gonna be a trainwreck

I've enjoyed the show for the most part. But if these leaks are accurate....

It's gonna split the fandom right down the middle and I hate to say it, but I'll be in the drop  the show mode.To me if these leaks are accurate, it shows that Rafe just fundamentally understands Wheel of Time in a way that I don't. Which is fine I guess...but the show just isn't for me as much as I've loved the casting and so many elements. of it. 

11 hours ago, Jaysen Gore said:

That's the speech I meant. And I fully see it in Lan's character to still do it, because you know, duty, mountains, something, something. And he chooses Moiraine over Nynaeve, and while her head understands it, it still lrips her heart apart.

The wonder girls still have to go to Tar Valon for training, so the ring might be her parting gift.  Sort of a we may never see each other again sort of thing.  With Moiraine's oath about not returning to the tower and the wonder girls could be there years for training.  There would be a good possibility he might never set eyes on Nyn again.

2 hours ago, Arthellion said:

I've enjoyed the show for the most part. But if these leaks are accurate....

It's gonna split the fandom right down the middle and I hate to say it, but I'll be in the drop  the show mode.To me if these leaks are accurate, it shows that Rafe just fundamentally understands Wheel of Time in a way that I don't. Which is fine I guess...but the show just isn't for me as much as I've loved the casting and so many elements. of it. 

Take the "leaks" with a healthy grain of salt.  There's a lot of bogus ones out there.

The FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) factor is high at the moment from certain corners of the Internets.

Some changes may be controversial but they also make a degree of sense in the big picture.

9 minutes ago, TheDreadReader said:

Take the "leaks" with a healthy grain of salt.  There's a lot of bogus ones out there.

The FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) factor is high at the moment from certain corners of the Internets.

Some changes may be controversial but they also make a degree of sense in the big picture.

Yup. Currently in WAFO at the moment.

But if they..

Spoiler

Give Tarwin's Gap to Lady Amalisa, I'm done. That is literally one of the moments I've been waiting all season to see. 

14 minutes ago, Arthellion said:

But if they..

Reveal hidden contents

Give Tarwin's Gap to Lady Amalisa, I'm done. That is literally one of the moments I've been waiting all season to see. 

Spoiler

Since she is so weak in the power that she couldn't be a full Aes Sedai but simply trained, my guess is the five ladies go out to face the Trollocs so the show can do some explosion CGI then run inside.