DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Interviews and News Articles

WhiteVeils

10 minutes ago, themann1086 said:

Now that's a Slatepitch I can get behind!

(I mean it's actually a tad premature for that sort of grandiose claim, but I hope it becomes true!)

I knew a Slate review was inevitable but I secretly hoped they would hate it.  Slate endorsement can be a kiss of death at times.  

On 11/26/2021 at 10:37 PM, Skipp said:

This article was a fantastic read.  The 2 authors play off of each other nicely. They are familiar with the books but not too familiar. 

Warning there are some spoilery references to the books.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/11/wheel-of-time-book-reader-recap-episode-4-who-is-the-dragon-reborn/

if this adaptation keeps all the characters from talking and thinking about "the Dark One's taint" all the time then I will be willing to forgive any and all other shortcomings.

This got a literal LOL from me. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/11/30/amazons-the-wheel-of-time-hanging-in-there-with-hawkeye-and-the-witcher-demand/?fbclid=IwAR1D_iRnpfX3c6aFYMG1-EGZQZkbMYwLR95iHac9Z32M7TVRwUyjw-LPDt0

Parrot Analytics reports that The Wheel of Time is doing big, big numbers in terms of audience demand. Ahead of launch, they noted that it was trending higher than Netflix’s smash-hit The Witcher. After launch, The Wheel of Time even surged ahead of Disney Plus’s Hawkeye briefly at launch in terms of audience demand.

Stop posting hillaryious reviews! You are multiplying the time to watch each episode by an increasing large number.

The EN reaction review is surprisingly deep for non-readers. They even support many of Ann Elk's theories. For example, they question Thom's reasoning when he compares Matt to Owyn.  They even discuss the voices talking to Logain in a comparable way. Does this mean the truth will out, or that we just happen to be mistaken in the same way? Rhetorical question, for those that don't know.

Emily's Twitch (above) about the whispering pines in Logain's ears: "I don't know what they call it, Saidin Spectres?, but I must admit the female voice threw me."

Simple quiz from the reaction reviews EN:

Which character in epsiodes 1-4 is "Medieval Mick Jagger"?

Edited by Harad the White

1 minute ago, JenniferL said:

The Wheel of Time is Certified Fresh by Rotten Tomatoes. 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_wheel_of_time/s01?cmp=TWRT_TV_WheelOfTime_CF

So Rafe will be fired any day now, I guess. 

I guess I'm not sure how it all works, and how episode reviews are counted against season reviews. The season reviews come to 70%, and I wouldn't think mid-season its score would be considered "settled". But what do I know.

Don't get me wrong, I want the show to be Certified Fresh and have great scores and draw more people in. I'm being honest when I say I'm a bit confused as to how it works.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/12/01/amazons-the-wheel-of-time-has-a-tiny-budget-compared-to-lord-of-the-rings-and-deserves-more/

Some calling for more budget already.  hopefully Amazon does provide a little more.  10 episodes per season!  better cgi! and hopefully they can make an extended edition 1st episode with all the cut footage.  

• Community Administrator
2 hours ago, Pandemonium said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/12/01/amazons-the-wheel-of-time-has-a-tiny-budget-compared-to-lord-of-the-rings-and-deserves-more/

Some calling for more budget already.  hopefully Amazon does provide a little more.  10 episodes per season!  better cgi! and hopefully they can make an extended edition 1st episode with all the cut footage.  

Maybe they can shift some of that sweet LOTR budget our way once the new LOTR series gets cancelled after one or two seasons. ? 

My guess for future WoT seasons, is that once we get deeper into the show, and more sets & costumes are created, they can shift more budget towards the required CGI.

Hell, this isn't a small investment. https://www.wotseries.com/2021/07/14/jordan-studios-the-wheel-of-times-prague-home-base/. They leased a 344k square foot facility.

For reference, that's a "715 foot x 482 foot" building. That's not a cheap facility.

image.png

On 11/28/2021 at 2:16 PM, ArrylT said:

3 -  On IMDB we have an additional 3k ratings - yesterday was 24k and now its at 27k.   Overall the season itself is holding steady at 7.5 - the same rating Episode 1 gets.

Episode 1 currently has 6159 ratings

Episode 2 currently has 4936 ratings (8.2 average)

Episode 3 currently has 4737 ratings (8.1 average)

Episode 4 currently has 3821 ratings (9.1 average)

(doing this so we have a time stamp to compare to in a few days or a week)

Just an IMDB update to compare

WOT S1 now has 33 700+ ratings, so averaging about 1k a day since last update.   Still holding firm at 75%.  The percentage of 1/10 is now about to drop under 7% (only at 7 due to rounding up), and 83%  rate the show 6 or higher.

Episode 1 currently has 7122 ratings (7.5 average)

Episode 2 currently has 5779 ratings (8.1 average)

Episode 3 currently has 5601 ratings (8.1 average)

Episode 4 currently has 5439 ratings (9.1 average)

Episode 5 currently has 1396 ratings (8.2 average)

https://nerdist.com/article/the-wheel-of-time-madeleine-madden-egwene-interview/

Mentioning Perrin, we got to see so much more of their friendship in recent episodes. Egwene is so fierce about protecting him when they’re with the Whitecloaks! What was it like working through all of that with Marcus?

Marcus is just one of the most talented people I’ve worked with. I remember in our audition, we just kind of connected instantly in the scene. I was like, “Wow.” I felt that the chemistry was really strong, which is what these two characters need. I think we find them at the beginning of the series—Perrin’s holding a bit of a candle for Egwene and that causes a bit of a rift within his marriage. And so when they’re separated on the road, all these feelings kind of come up. Even though Perrin is physically bigger and stronger than Egwene, it’s actually her that’s protecting him a lot of the time, because he’s so broken and riddled with this guilt.

I think they survive to protect each other. Fleshing out these characters in these scenes with Marcus has just been so much fun. We’re so close. Our characters have formed this really wonderfully strong bond because of the time that we’ve spent together. So, he’s brilliant. I mean he can just tap into these very dark scenes and places so quickly. And then as soon as they call cut, he’ll be like cracking a joke or saying something silly. He just has an amazing ability to be able to go to those places, and then just go back to being good old Marcus.

Bolded the important part

Edited by DaddyFinn