A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why is it so quiet here?

Elgee

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/21/2020 at 5:54 PM, Rhea said:

Im also working in a new job as a Nurse Practitioner in a brand new Cancer center that is 2 hours away from my home.

Oh my word that's far to travel each day, Rhea! Are you considering moving closer?

On 3/22/2020 at 12:13 AM, Cairos said:

also we have a patient who has corona at my hospital. She came in with abdominal pain and no other symptoms. They took a CT of her stomach and saw the bottom of her lungs and it looked like corona. She got tested and was positive. I was working in the ER that night but didn’t interact with her. Things are going a little crazy in the ER. I’m surviving though. 

Holy crap ?

Please stay safe, my darling.

On 3/22/2020 at 7:05 AM, Millon said:

Hey all! So! I got cut at work. Yay me. We’re good in BuffLo, NY. Just a lot of necessary precautions to starve this out. I really hope you’re all well. I don’t have a computer or internet at hole and I hate typing on the phone. We’re good though and, God willing, I’ll be back in line shortly. Love you all. Please be safe. 

Oh my word, Mills .. I'm so sorry! You will be in my thoughts.

The same thing has happened to my sister, so we've lost 60% of our income. Basically I earn enough for the rent, the utilities and my medical aid. Luckily my other sister is going to stay in lockdown with us (that starts tonight in South Africa) so she's contribute a bit.

I'm new here.  Decided this was the best place to drop in.

I'm a teacher and we're on week 2 of an extended break until May 1st (or later).  We did one week virtually, now it's "Spring Break" and we have a two-week additional break from the state that we're supposed to use to prep for virtual lessons from the 13th through May 1st.  I have already started planning that, because I like to be ahead of things.  I don't feel that it's likely that we will be back for the rest of the year.  

I'm changing schools at the end of the year and when it really hit me that we were likely to be out the rest of the year I was sooo stressed about moving and everything.  There's not really anything I can do about that at this time though so I finally got that through my head and I feel a bit better about it all this week.  Just hoping all of the family stays healthy. 

--M

6 hours ago, Elgee said:

Oh my word, Mills .. I'm so sorry! You will be in my thoughts.

The same thing has happened to my sister, so we've lost 60% of our income. Basically I earn enough for the rent, the utilities and my medical aid. Luckily my other sister is going to stay in lockdown with us (that starts tonight in South Africa) so she's contribute a bit.

Very happy your other sister was able to hunker down with you.

47 minutes ago, Melisa Céliane Tomar said:

I'm new here.  Decided this was the best place to drop in.

I'm a teacher and we're on week 2 of an extended break until May 1st (or later).  We did one week virtually, now it's "Spring Break" and we have a two-week additional break from the state that we're supposed to use to prep for virtual lessons from the 13th through May 1st.  I have already started planning that, because I like to be ahead of things.  I don't feel that it's likely that we will be back for the rest of the year.  

I'm changing schools at the end of the year and when it really hit me that we were likely to be out the rest of the year I was sooo stressed about moving and everything.  There's not really anything I can do about that at this time though so I finally got that through my head and I feel a bit better about it all this week.  Just hoping all of the family stays healthy. 

--M

Hello!!! What grade do you teach? How far away are you moving for your new job? I’m in California about 1.5 hours north of LA. I’m originally from Sacramento.

I’m a retired social worker. My last job was working with people who have developmental disabilities. I was often in IEP meetings throughout my career.

Welcome to DM. We are very happy to have you. 

1 hour ago, Liitha said:

Hugs all around..internett still decent here and got discord on phone so anyone want to talk just ping me ? social contact is still important for our headspaces

How do we png you?

3 minutes ago, Ryrin said:

Hello!!! What grade do you teach? How far away are you moving for your new job? I’m in California about 1.5 hours north of LA. I’m originally from Sacramento.

I’m a retired social worker. My last job was working with people who have developmental disabilities. I was often in IEP meetings throughout my career.

Welcome to DM. We are very happy to have you. 

I'm middle/high school in IN and I'm just changing schools in my city, but it's still moving. 

Thanks for the welcome.  Whew....IEP meetings....  

1 hour ago, Melisa Céliane Tomar said:

I'm middle/high school in IN and I'm just changing schools in my city, but it's still moving. 

Thanks for the welcome.  Whew....IEP meetings....  

I always thought middle school was like Lord of the Flies. Lol.

What subjects do you teach?

My youngest son was born premature (3 lbs. 2oz) and he used to have an IEP and then a 504. He had speech, OT, and adaptive PE. He has ADHD. He will be 23 this year and is a Firefighter-EMT. He recently graduated with an AS Degree in Fire Technology. He’s thinking of both becoming a paramedic and getting his BA in Emergency Management. My older son is a software engineer in Seattle.

1 minute ago, Ryrin said:

I always thought middle school was like Lord of the Flies. Lol.

What subjects do you teach?

My youngest son was born premature (3 lbs. 2oz) and he used to have an IEP and then a 504. He had speech, OT, and adaptive PE. He has ADHD. He will be 23 this year and is a Firefighter-EMT. He recently graduated with an AS Degree in Fire Technology. He’s thinking of both becoming a paramedic and getting his BA in Emergency Management. My older son is a software engineer in Seattle.

French and English.

It sounds like you have two fantastic sons!  Good job! ?

I stopped coming around because I can't get into the new site.

and now I peeked In hoping to find an iota of comfort because I expect I may never see most of my family or any of my friends again and I live in fear every day. 

and people say things like so what only 2% of us die and our economy will be broken and I am so filled with rage and disgust and sadness and disappointment in humanity because I never really learn no matter how many times I see it I don't learn... I don't want to know there are humans who think this way.

maybe you'll still feel this way in a year with millions of bodies to burn. I won't be able to leave my house pretty much ever, not even to go to the hospital to die because I am as low a priority as could ever be and were rationing medical care now because we have been idiots and our leadership lol has driven us over the tipping point out of stupidity and malice.

nor will my mostly very high risk family, children who won't go back to school, parents who won't leave their apartments or see their children or grandchildren again, on and on.

and it will come into my house on the groceries and on the wind and the million other cracks in quarantine and our pitiful excuse for a leader will decide like you that his money means more than our lives and I will die and my mother will die and my nieces and nephews will die and there will be no one at our funerals if there are any and your economy will be better for it no doubt.

yeah. No.

dear god.

You got rubbing alcohol, use it to clean of groceries you need faster, put the rest in an own room in quarantine for 5 days.

Its not airborn, it spreads in droplets when caugh but those land fairly fast. 

Got to focus on what can be done, and try to find that twinkle of light in your life to hold onto for your own sake of mind.

Being stressed out and depressed, makes you less capable of fighting diseases. So keeping mood up is just as important as training and keeping in shape.