DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why is it so quiet here?

Elgee

Cindy! I’m very happy to see you. Please know that many of us share your fears. I’m of an age and have several medical conditions that put me at high risk. My husband works in a correctional setting and my youngest son is a firefighter-EMT. My older son in Seattle had cancer. I remember you have a niece with a lung condition. This is a time of dread that many of us share.

If you decide to nest again with us, it gets better the more you use the site. I’m not finding it difficult anymore but I do like the older format better. Unfortunately, we weren’t consulted.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are on a lockdown from this week too. 

My husband is not actually fired but won’t be payed for next two months (at least).

I really want to be locked down at my parent’s country house so my son can play outside not in the apartment without walks for two month. But there is a cat at the house and I’m allergic to cats. So if I go I’d have health problems without any viruses let alone if I get it too.

So I’m freaking out a little bit. And that doesn’t help to make right decisions and all.

*hugs everybody* 

Try to stay safe.

Kukaso! 

I’m so glad you stopped by. I’ve been worried about you and your family. 

My oldest son is allergic to cats. Can you take some allergy medicine and go to

the country house? I totally get how hard it is to keep a child in an apartment. 

Yeah, it is a really anxiety producing time. I’m dealing with it too. My oldest son is worried about being laid off from work.

Hugs, please keep in touch.

Nods it can easily take overhand, caugth myself several times starting to worry, usually find something craving brain activety to distract me.

Also you can put it in computer mode on phone (the site that is) and its a bit better then phone mode to navigate.

It’s a measure to meet you, Melissa. I will always treasure the chance to pick the mind of a teacher lol. 

sorry I’ve been so absent lately. I abhor using the phone for things like this because...., well, I’m dumb and have far too little patience for phones and such. Too small screams. I’ll try And keep this brief. 

immediately family safe. Mom is kept in a bubble. She is 73 with immune compromised conditions like diabetes and COPD. 

My brother is a fireman and has rcmecently tested positive. Not seen him in over a month since our father’s funeral. His wife is a nurse. Hate to say it was only a matter of time but...

things continue to progress at “home”. I’ve finally found a place for Wyatt and I and hope to movednin by the end of this week. 

Work is good! Civil service is paying me full time for the hours I am out of the office so I am able to keep things coffered. 

sorry for the Cliff’s notes version of things. Hopefully back regularly soon. 

love you all. Please, be safe and hopefully “see” you all again soon. 

• 3 weeks later...

Because I wasn't here. lol. I have a home PC again!!!! My nephew gave me his old, luggage sized, gaming computer. lol This things bloody massive. It legit is the size of a medium piece of luggage. It has WHEELS and purrs like a damn Corvette. How is everyone? I hope you and yours are all safe healthy and happy. My brother fought of the virus and is back to the business of puttin out fires and savin lives. Wyatt and I are now settled in our new digs. It's been a difficult transition even with everything I tried to do to soften things. This kid is a trooper though. The ne wplace is finally starting to grow on me now that I am all unpacked and startin to put the personal touches in. I'm broke AF though so that's going to be a long running project. lol How are you all?

Sitting in the a/c car while my husband is out foraging in the grocery store. I cleaned out the fridge yesterday. Need some stuff.

Going to work in the garden in the early evening. Drinking a lot of iced tea as it’s getting hot here.

• Club Leader

That's wonderful news, Millon. So, now we can have more of your company. ?

I just moved and am broke too, so we can be broke together. 

That's good news about your brother. 

I finished college for the semester yesterday. There is still grading to be done, but I'm done with my work. Yay! Other than that, I'm just settling in to the house. 

On 4/26/2020 at 8:43 PM, Millon said:

Because I wasn't here. lol. I have a home PC again!!!! My nephew gave me his old, luggage sized, gaming computer. lol This things bloody massive. It legit is the size of a medium piece of luggage. It has WHEELS and purrs like a damn Corvette. How is everyone? I hope you and yours are all safe healthy and happy. My brother fought of the virus and is back to the business of puttin out fires and savin lives. Wyatt and I are now settled in our new digs. It's been a difficult transition even with everything I tried to do to soften things. This kid is a trooper though. The ne wplace is finally starting to grow on me now that I am all unpacked and startin to put the personal touches in. I'm broke AF though so that's going to be a long running project. lol How are you all?

glad to hear, been watching tiny house nation lately, and really dont see the issue, its like apartment size some of those, its all in what you need, has a house but really i long for an apartment after a few years...so def seeing that in the future, house is overrated its just part of life and so a natural next step for many i think, but yeah no 

hows work, you in homeoffice? 

On 5/1/2020 at 3:27 AM, Millon said:

I wish! lol I am on call basically. I'm still getting paid my full weekly salary regardless so I am doin OKAYISH. lol. Just had to work a few hours these past few days. Was actually a relief to have the change of scenery. 

That's a bit of good news, at least!

• 2 weeks later...

starting next week I'll be working Thur and Fri 12 - 4 PM. Not sure how I feel about it lol. I really don't like the people I work with. They're just unreasonable and I get the short dirty end more foten than not. It's been a disappointingly eye opening experience working in Civil Service in Buffalo. Everything is such a boy's club and cliquey. Real bad. I'm not doin that. I'm not going to metaphorically phelate someone just to further my position like everyone else does., so things seem to roll down hill to me. Yeah, I've kind of checked out a bit. They definitely don't get my best effort any more. It's nt worth the stress.Whatever. I'm getting benefits and a pension. Best thing right now unless I win the lotto lol. Sorry for the rant. Just had a lot of time to think and stew. lol

13 hours ago, Millon said:

starting next week I'll be working Thur and Fri 12 - 4 PM. Not sure how I feel about it lol. I really don't like the people I work with. They're just unreasonable and I get the short dirty end more foten than not. It's been a disappointingly eye opening experience working in Civil Service in Buffalo. Everything is such a boy's club and cliquey. Real bad. I'm not doin that. I'm not going to metaphorically phelate someone just to further my position like everyone else does., so things seem to roll down hill to me. Yeah, I've kind of checked out a bit. They definitely don't get my best effort any more. It's nt worth the stress.Whatever. I'm getting benefits and a pension. Best thing right now unless I win the lotto lol. Sorry for the rant. Just had a lot of time to think and stew. lol

Yeah, the salary and benefits kept me in civil service. Incompetent supervisors but I loved my co-workers. Retired now.

• 3 months later...