A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter week 2018] Mafia game thread

Sooh

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

Yes it was that post....it pinged because it felt like a foreshadowing post to me Town!Kat is always so unsure of herself awkward and generally very confused D1....this game feel's totally different from her imo.

Awww it's sweet you think I'm actually NOT confused :rolleyes: lol 

8 hours ago, dicetosser1 said:

halli what made marsh "plummet" for you?

I said Chris not Marsh,  Marsh was already low,  as per my earlier explanation - he's done nothing to change that opinion 

1 hour ago, Zanatron said:

Verb's take on Lessa fwiw.

Noted. 

I do believe in a possible Marsh Chris scum team 

12 hours ago, Lessa Nikia said:

My feelings so far:

I'm still sus of Clov for your interaction with Kat during D1. Also during D1, you sussed Iron/Tress/Verb and Hallia but votes Tress (claims random). Why not vote Hallia as you sus'd her first and included in your top 4? Did you find the others, at the tine, more scummy than her? In regards to Tress' train, you voted her first then you note she's clearer frustrated but still vote for her. Did you keep your vote there because it was guaranteed and wouldn't result in a random lynch? During N1 you became more sus of Verb, Dice and myself. With the NK of Verb, I agree with Dice, it doesn't look good for you. Unless it was meant to look that way but we could go around in circles about it.

I don't like how Iron voted Tress and didn't add anything to what Zander stated about her not providing reads on others. As I already stated, I understand that it's frustrating but I don't agree with it being a reason to lynch someone. She clearly had said it was an overview and didn't have any reads/analysis. I don't like Zander's vote for the same reason.

I still am leaning toward town on Kat. She appears to be responding genuinely to questions and comments directed at her. She expresses the same frustration as I do about Tress' train and I respect the fact she won't vote just to vote if she doesn't find it necessary.

Nothing has really jumped out at me about Hallia and Dice so I'm not too sure.

Vote Clov

Now to get some sleep while the little one does. Otherwise I won't get any myself

5 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

Because I said I felt slightly better about her than I did the other three.  None of them have me anythingto feel good about. Hallia at least had some contribution and her response to me I thought was a little more likely to be from annoyed town than defensive mafia.

I kept my vote on her because 

1) nobody was going to vote Verbal

2) I was still fine lynching tress

3) the only other person with a vote on them was ME.  Why would I unvote and let myself get lynched?

If you don't understand why we'd vote someone for not participating in the absence of strong scum reads (but while having town reads), I don't know what to tell you.  Especially when that player is known for hating being mafia.

I can understand that but I still dont like it and I dont have to. I can understand lynching someone for lurking, I've been lynched that way due to exams, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Tress was clearly trying to be posting and that she would get to her reads when she was able. I understand not wanting a random lynch as it could have landed on youself. Also, I didnt know that Tress hates being mafia as I don't play often. 

1 hour ago, Ironeyes said:

So... tl;dr, everyone who voted for Tress is scum? That's kind of a lazy way to look at the game. 

Imagine for a moment that yesterday's lynch didn't happen. Now how do you feel about me, Clov, and Zander, just based on our content? All three of us have posted plenty of stuff that has nothing to do with Tress. 

I'm aware you can't all be scum and I didn't say you all were and I apologize if it seemed like I implied that. I think at least one of you are though.

I still think Clov rubs me the wrong way, even if Tress hadn't been lynched. I don't have my notes with me as I'm not home but I'm leaning scum for Iron as you jumped all over. First you were sus of Clov then you weren't and I don't remember if you ever said why other than feelings. There were others that you commented on but atm I dont recall. I'll reread before dl hopefully.

Zander I'm not too sure about as he's literally all over the place. Lots of questions could be town probing everyone to get reads or could be scum covering all bases. Again, I'll hopefully be able to do a reread of the thread.

@Hallia This is the entirety of your case on me. I used the fake-ISO hack of going to your profile and looking at recent posts. Conveniently, that list currently contains every post you've made this game. 

On 7/31/2018 at 8:54 PM, Hallia said:

The Tress train made no sense whatsoever :/

I don't know if I have stated this here, but with my promotion I literally can't even get online except for like uh, break times, and even then only if I want to walk out to where I can take my phone out :rip:

That being said, I'm here.  Marsh is currently up on the top of my scumdar.

On 8/1/2018 at 10:50 AM, Hallia said:

I think there is likely a scum on the train, hence what I said that you quoted about Marsh

I also said my town reads atm which are You, Dice, Verb, and Clov

Marsh is the only real scum read atm, but I feel like anyone really could possibly be the other one

14 hours ago, Hallia said:

Yeh, Clov has plummeted for me, but Marsh still up there as well

16 hours ago, Ironeyes said:

I'd put $20 on Dice and Clov being on the same team. Ideally town, since I'm town reading them both. 

Disagree with this.  

Vote: Ironeyes

14 minutes ago, Hallia said:

I said Chris not Marsh,  Marsh was already low,  as per my earlier explanation - he's done nothing to change that opinion 

Noted. 

I do believe in a possible Marsh Chris scum team 

You literally started out with me being your top scum, then backed it up with: my vote on Tress (which I've explained ad nauseum), and one post you didn't like. This is not a case, this is you deciding I'm scum and working backward from there. 

Town does not decide who's what alignment and then retroactively justify. Scum does that. 

1 minute ago, Clovdyx said:

If you don't vote today, I'm going to light you on fire.

Love you <3

I'm voting... just trying to re-read and catch up. Today has been a crap day at work :( we have orientation week next week and about 15 new hires (while on a hiring freeze) so I've been having to do set ups because I'm off tomorrow when I would normally do it. I promise to vote before I leave work in an hour in a half though :tongue: or I give you permission to light me on fire. I think I have an idea of where I want to go... I just need to do a little more work on it when I have free time (hopefully soon) 

9 minutes ago, Lessa Nikia said:

I'm aware you can't all be scum and I didn't say you all were and I apologize if it seemed like I implied that. I think at least one of you are though.

I still think Clov rubs me the wrong way, even if Tress hadn't been lynched. I don't have my notes with me as I'm not home but I'm leaning scum for Iron as you jumped all over. First you were sus of Clov then you weren't and I don't remember if you ever said why other than feelings. There were others that you commented on but atm I dont recall. I'll reread before dl hopefully.

Zander I'm not too sure about as he's literally all over the place. Lots of questions could be town probing everyone to get reads or could be scum covering all bases. Again, I'll hopefully be able to do a reread of the thread.

To be fair, I over-simplified your post to make my point about your argument seeming thin. I appreciate the more detailed explanation of your reads, though. 

I was sus of Chris because I misread his posts while reading too quickly. My change of opinion was in response to him pointing out that I was wrong. Others who have played with me can back me up when I say that I have an established pattern of admitting when I'm wrong, particularly when town. Same as you, according to Verb's assessment. 

Zander is always all over the place, it's cause he's Zander. The way I tell the difference is in his intent. As town he jumps on everyone and everything out of a desire to solve the game. As scum he does it to a) fake his town game and b) cause a little extra chaos. Also, his tunnels seem fake as scum. 

BLEH I have completely ran out of time. Honestly right now I still don't know... From the little I've re-read Marsh and Lessa have both pinged me on a simply tone level... And the only other thing we have to go on is the lynch yesterday and the kill last night. Clov I'm still unsure about but Still not ready to vote him. Dice I actually think is town. More gut read than anything else but I do. Hallia I don't have a clue about. Zander I really want to believe is town. But honestly I keep having second thoughts about him. Makes me sad lol. But right now i'm just holding that as tinfoiling. So really that leaves me with Marsh and Lessa. I didn't love Marsh's vote yesterday but could understand it. I really haven't loved Lessa this game though. She just seems... idk... I just don't know. Something has me pinged on her. I really wanted to vote her yesterday but everyone seemed zoned in on Tress and I didn't have a reason and really don't have one today either that I can post. but I'm gonna vote her anyway. Between her and Marsh right now I would rather vote her. 

Vote: Lessa

30 minutes ago, Katiora said:

BLEH I have completely ran out of time. Honestly right now I still don't know... From the little I've re-read Marsh and Lessa have both pinged me on a simply tone level... And the only other thing we have to go on is the lynch yesterday and the kill last night. Clov I'm still unsure about but Still not ready to vote him. Dice I actually think is town. More gut read than anything else but I do. Hallia I don't have a clue about. Zander I really want to believe is town. But honestly I keep having second thoughts about him. Makes me sad lol. But right now i'm just holding that as tinfoiling. So really that leaves me with Marsh and Lessa. I didn't love Marsh's vote yesterday but could understand it. I really haven't loved Lessa this game though. She just seems... idk... I just don't know. Something has me pinged on her. I really wanted to vote her yesterday but everyone seemed zoned in on Tress and I didn't have a reason and really don't have one today either that I can post. but I'm gonna vote her anyway. Between her and Marsh right now I would rather vote her. 

Vote: Lessa

Quoting this post for reference. I'm hopefully going to be able to use it to determine your alignment depending on Lessa's flip (assuming no CFD in the next hour)

4 hours ago, Zanatron said:

hardstare.gif

at least you didnt say you were gonna rand.org it again....lolololol

As what alignment dice irt Lessa?

i dont remember

@Hallia    marsh wont be getting lynched today.  how about you come vote clov?   and while ure at it  explain the plummet   using CLOV instead of marsh lol

These two posts? 

20 hours ago, dicetosser1 said:

dude i specifically asked you about him remember?

i havent said a lot  his focus on kat out the gate struck me and his posts seem really.....noncommittal.

He feels off to me.

then you have the fact that verb was very clearly after him and look who died. and yes it could be mafia killed him for misdirection but it could also be not that

10 hours ago, dicetosser1 said:

you are non commital  talking both sides and you feel off. i didnt like the kat focus and how u seemed to be kinda sus on her but then town read her before she answered. the tress vote i didnt mind tbh. it may be the towniest thing uve done in my view. i might be wrong but im still lynching you.