DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn Mafia: The Hemalurgic Spike

Locke

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, Unvote.

Second, I go to sleep for all of a few hours and wake up to find Songstress halfway to a lynch. That train has built extremely fast so far - too fast for my liking. I especially am suspicious of Piano, Maw, and Tina. All three basically play a game of follow the leader without offering any new reasoning of their own.

Ive just done a full reread and I agree with Mynd low and behold. Song is the best litmus test we have currently.

Id also like to throw Maw up for a look at since his post where he downplays his ability. It just didnt sit well at all with me.

VOTE SONG

(I know this is like my second post but I got super busy. My notes are now pretty up to date so I should be ok for now, and my job ends this week)

Skim much? For all this talk of a Songstress lynch, I would argue that a better litmus test would be Blackhoof, considering how he jumped to Smiley's defense on D1. Also considering the fact that he did not vote for Smiley, I think we are much more likely to bag scum by going after Hoof. Especially since he sure seemed pretty relieved that the first case wasn't coming after him once Mynd voted for Songstress.

I've never played a game with Maw, but the fact that he chooses to jump on the Songstress train without any type of reasoning whatsoever reeks of scum to me. Tina votes, then says that she will provide reasons later. This is also suspicious - perhaps there is no reasoning?

hmmmm.... well, since i was half-exppecting to be under the axe today because of my defense of smiley, i am happy that the first case proposed does not involve killing me.

vote songstress

I will vote for Blackhoof because I feel that his reaction to a Songstress train is way too indicative of scum being relieved that the town's attention has been taken off of him for the time being. I also would like to see some pressure on Maw and Tina as well.

I believe most of my posts in this game have been fluffly filler spam posts, correct Forrest? (Forrest=Mynd) And a lot of time elapsed between the spurts of those. I haven't had all that much time to sit and do a through reread and make an educated decision (thus I poke in so they know I am still around and haven't abandoned them). I will be doing a reread after breakfast and my first class today :)

Ok now that I feel I made my point on Mynd, UNVOTE I'm just guessing but since we found out that Smiley was no doubt a bad guy we should not necessarily ignore those who voted him but focus more on those that did not vote him as there may be a higher chance that they could be mafia. I will go through and list the people that may warrant watching that did not vote smiley.

Ok out of the 5 people that voted and did not vote smiley we have Songstress Turin Smiley Player and Hoof. Obviously Smiley is out and would not have voted for himself. Turin would have voted me no matter what anyways so I'm going to disregard his choice of vote for now. Then we come to Songstress and Hoof and the whole wtf who is/is not new and defending each other and what not. Then we have player who seems to be random voting on the first, and then jumping on the songstress train here on second day in my opinion Songstress or Hoof would be the smartest choice to eliminate in this round to answer whether or not that whole trio was in on it together or not. This is just my observation based on watching how the game is played by other people. So I vote Hoof as Razen also makes a good point.

Y'all are barking up the wrong tree with me. I have no clue why Smiley decided to jump to my defense (especially when it was really not needed, and obviously it was a dumb move) but I had zero control over that move. My best guess at this point is that he thought the train on me might have taken off, and when I flipped town he figured sticking up for me might have made him look a little more townish.

I didn't vote Smiley, actually, because at the time I honestly wasn't sure whether his defense was a scummy move or just a mistake born of the fact that this is my first game in the BT boards. Meesh was right, this is my 4th game total. I'm experimenting a bit this game, and I don't think how I'm playing it is working for me. :tongue:

That said, I was watching closely during the Smiley train to see if anything did jump out at me as being scummy, and Blackhoof's vote on Wombat was definitely that.

I agree with Wombat's suggestion Key's death may have been a town vigilante -- because Key defended me during night phase, and someone was trying to figure out if they could learn anything about my alignment by my apparently wildly misunderstood shout out to the forum sigs I made for Ishy and Key. Once Despo made his whole "symp" suggestion I should have seen that coming. Not every darn little thing is a game hint, and one thing I learned from Team Stark's loss in the ASoIaF game was that discussing anything tangentially game-related during night phase is complete folly.

I am going to have to go back to the Giant Spreadsheet of Doom after all (was hoping I could do this with less note taking) to pin down any other suspects, but I think the best bet for getting further useful information right now is Hoof, since he seems to be just a bit too relieved that I'm today's big target.

Vote Blackhoof

Dear me, yes, the spreadsheet of doom, was just wondering about that. Notes tend to get so muddled, that when there's enough info to go by, they'll likely be full of spam. Hard to mark down impressions. Especially in advanced games such as this, with all these weird ferrumetics and whatnot going on.

I suppose there's hoof and tress as good options, and personally I don't understand why Ironeyes was flirting with a lynch so much first day. I'm just gonna vote Songstress again, as I did first day, something started happening there after that.

Y'all are barking up the wrong tree with me. I have no clue why Smiley decided to jump to my defense (especially when it was really not needed, and obviously it was a dumb move) but I had zero control over that move. My best guess at this point is that he thought the train on me might have taken off, and when I flipped town he figured sticking up for me might have made him look a little more townish.

I didn't vote Smiley, actually, because at the time I honestly wasn't sure whether his defense was a scummy move or just a mistake born of the fact that this is my first game in the BT boards. Meesh was right, this is my 4th game total. I'm experimenting a bit this game, and I don't think how I'm playing it is working for me. :tongue:

That said, I was watching closely during the Smiley train to see if anything did jump out at me as being scummy, and Blackhoof's vote on Wombat was definitely that.

I agree with Wombat's suggestion Key's death may have been a town vigilante -- because Key defended me during night phase, and someone was trying to figure out if they could learn anything about my alignment by my apparently wildly misunderstood shout out to the forum sigs I made for Ishy and Key. Once Despo made his whole "symp" suggestion I should have seen that coming. Not every darn little thing is a game hint, and one thing I learned from Team Stark's loss in the ASoIaF game was that discussing anything tangentially game-related during night phase is complete folly.

I am going to have to go back to the Giant Spreadsheet of Doom after all (was hoping I could do this with less note taking) to pin down any other suspects, but I think the best bet for getting further useful information right now is Hoof, since he seems to be just a bit too relieved that I'm today's big target.

Vote Blackhoof

How do you know that it was Key that protected you? And how do you know that someone tried to view you last night?

Based on my first read, I think all signs point to Songstress. If she flips town, it makes Despothera look incredibly scummy for trying to distract off the Smiley lynch. If she flips scum, it pretty much makes Despo either the dumbest mafia player around (strongly doubtful) or a townie trying to get two trains going, which is consistent with his town gameplay in past games.

Please note the underlined correction above in my previous post. Thank you.

You may now continue to go about your scum-hunting ways.

The person hired to replace my previous post has been sacked. Please note the CORRECTION to the previous afromentioned correction from the post before, as it should make a lot more sense. Now, I'm cross-eyed and going to bed. Good night!

+1 for the Monty Python reference :biggrin: And welcome to the game.

A songstress lynch? I can roll with that. VOTE SONGSTRESS

FOS for bandwagoning without having your own reason.

I will also vote Songstress. Hopefully I get time to re-read tonight and give more comments then.

FOS for voting right after Maw, without any reasoning of your own.

hmmmm.... well, since i was half-exppecting to be under the axe today because of my defense of smiley, i am happy that the first case proposed does not involve killing me. vote songstress

The above is from Hoof. FOS for jumping on a bandwagon, pretty much just because people are voting for someone other than you.

IMHO, our best candidates for a lynch today are one of these three. I haven't gotten a scum vibe from Songstress really (tho she is a scary good player from what I've seen), but I am off of Maw, Tina, and most especially Hoof. So I am going to Vote Hoof because I think he's scummy, and because the info from his lynch following the events of yesterday will prove quite useful.

Vote count, please, O glorious Mod.

I really don’t like how much Firebird is flinging about his noobness and joking constantly... That is just kinda how he is though

Ok, time to find all of the Hoof/Smiles/Stress posts...

Ok, so this one has Smiles’ initial comment and a few other things...

It's her first game, yes she may be scum, but lay off for a bit, we don't know how she plays, and more importantly she doesn't know how she plays

lol

It's most definitely not her first game. I think this is #4?

why do I think she's newer than she is....

oh well, that's my spam for the night, don't lynch me while I sleep

Mayhaps it was an honest mistake, it also could have been buddying up or looking out for a scummate. I’m not sure which yet.

Ok, this next post has the wombat vote that promted Smiles’ mistake, and Stress’ response to Smiles.

It's her first game, yes she may be scum, but lay off for a bit, we don't know how she plays, and more importantly she doesn't know how she plays

lol

It's most definitely not her first game. I think this is #4?

why do I think she's newer than she is....

Because I'm new to the BT, and you weren't involved in any of the games I've played?

Also, @ Meesh, Ishy, Razen and Kae... You should see how hard I work to avoid looking like I don't know what I'm doing!

Vote: Songstress

She seems off to me.

No, no, the correct phrase (ask Leelou) is

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH WOMBAT?

Also, I've decided the joke vote phase for me this game will consist of more joke and less vote, since last game my joke vote got me killed, kthx.

I'm watching carefully, when I vote 'twill mean something.

So she herself says that she’s never played any games with Smiles. Could be innocent, could be trying to protect him back and make him look less scummy for that slip.

Smiles pulledthe noob card... Which I don’t think he’s really new enough to be able to pull anymore... How many games has he been in?

Now I'm a rookie, that I don't think anyone can deny, I make mistakes, but I don't think that its a valid call to put me as scum for trying to protect Songstress so blatantly, and well, ineffectively. That's not a valid reason for being scum, that's a valid reason to be called a n00b, or extremely tired and sleep deprivated (which I was and still am)

Wombat’s kinda vote jumping, but they’ve all been on suspicious people so I’ll let it pass... Here’s where Hoof stuck his neck out for Smiles....

unvote

Vote: Smiley

Don't like him overreacting, WIFOMing, or playing the noob card.

Well, Wombie, those things are all somethign a noob would do by mistake.

Vote Wombat

Give him the first day, at least

Since is was the “protectee” that was scum in this case it is much more likely that it was scum looking out for a scum teammate. Especially since I believe Smiles has played a few games at this point

unvote

Vote: Smiley

Don't like him overreacting, WIFOMing, or playing the noob card.

Well, Wombie, those things are all somethign a noob would do by mistake.

Vote Wombat

Give him the first day, at least

First big ping on the scum detector this game.

Smiley I can put down to being new... Wombat to not coddling the newbie... you attacking Wombat for going after the newbie? Not so much.

Vote Hoof

*keeping my eyes on the Inquisitor over there... he's making me a bit nervous as well*

Stress votes Hoof for standing up for newbies? Distancing perhaps...

ugh, i see no good candidate for consolidation.

time for everyone to default to me.

Off to the third book, i suppose...

Nice sig, Ironeyes.

Hoof, because Eyes is a new player and he's not you.

typical....

Maw jumpin on the defending bandwaggon?

Naw, he's jumping on the "attack Blackhoof" wagon.

as always... :(

“Oh woe is me I always get voted upon”

or... or we could lynch smiley, either way :\

i do not think he was mafia though

Considering this was a deadline game, you’d think he would have tried to make a convincing case for Smiles not being mafia if he were a scummate... Still that would have just tied him to Smiles’ fate even tighter....

Precisely. So Smiley, if you have anything to say, now is the time to say it.

I believe that all I have had to say is done, there is no concrete anything I can use to convince you of my innocence. You as a group have decide to wage a majority to kill me, you'll just have to deal with the consequences of wasting a day 1 vote later

If I had been around enough to have the time to do this, I would have voted Smiles too. As it was, I just could only check in for a minute right after he died.

The group discusses for some time. Realizing that the killers had to be among them, they tried to analyze each other's behavior, searching for a giveaway of intentions. After long hours of debate while eating marshmallows around a fire, they decided that Smiley was the scummiest emoticon of them all. So with conviction and vigour, they grabbed him and threw him off the nearest cliff.

Smiley, Bad Guy, has been lynched.

It is now Night. Feruchemic storages are due by 12:00 PM Saturday. (GMT-5). All other Night Actions (including Spikes) are due 8:00 PM Monday. (GMT-5)

well, isnt MY face red.....

I just realized the irony of this post.

lol! i didnt even notice that!

Nightspamnightspamnightspam..... OH LOOK a Chrissy!!!! I’d like to know her thoughts on everything so far.... I am present for some nightspam... I really don’t like giving away thoughts at night. It can lead to mafia becoming intelligent.

Oh but to continue the nightspam conversation, I have worked out my schedule for next semester, and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!! classes from 10-3 MoWeFr (oh with a REC at 9 on Fr) with a 2 hour lunch break, one class tuesday morning and that is it :D BE JEALOUS

ok back to game. I don’t remember Key or Meesh really posting too much game related... Meesh a bit but a lot of her posts were just random spam. We really don’t learn too much from either of their deaths. WHAT IS WITH THE CUPCAKE?!?!!? Idk whether that’s game related or jsut there to confuse us and thus amuse Locke <.<

Enter Forrest and the WoT posts that rival mine :P I have addressed why I hadn’t voted at deadline

[insert Forrest WoT here]

hmmmm.... well, since i was half-exppecting to be under the axe today because of my defense of smiley, i am happy that the first case proposed does not involve killing me.

vote songstress

Of course you’re happy you’re not being lynched. Now can you give us a different reason rather than “because it’s not me” for your vote?

I would like Mawth and Tina to give reasons for their Stress votes as well

Vote Blackhoof

How do you know that it was Key that protected you? And how do you know that someone tried to view you last night?

Stress: Distancing from Smiles, it is interesting that she didn’t vote him. Bringing other games into this game with the Des comment.... Yeah there’s something I don’t entirely like about this post

Razen: I think that was a referance to this post not a night action.

I still don’t like Stress or Hoof, but since there is the possibility that Stress is a victim and Hoof stuck his neck out for a known scum and has been pinging here and there ever since I will vote Hoof for now.

I'd like to hear thoughts from the other people who've been rather quiet game-content wise this game.

UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Turin--Razen

Heart--Forrest

Stress (5)--Forrest, Hoof, Piano, Mawth, Tina

Forrest--Firebird

Hoof (6)--Razen, Firebird, Stress, GF, Kae, Heart

With 20 alive it would take 11 to lynch, correct?

UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Turin--Razen

Heart--Forrest

Stress (6)--Forrest, Hoof, Piano, Mawth, Tina, GF

Forrest--Firebird

Hoof (5)--Razen, Firebird, Stress, Kae, Heart

With 20 alive it would take 11 to lynch, correct?

Actually, GF voted for Songstress, not Blackhoof. And I'm not sure that Mynd's vote has switched - I don't recall seeing an unvote from him before he voted for Songstress. It will probably depend on what Locke decides (or I could have missed the unvote). I fixed GF's vote, so this should be accurate.

Damn margaritas!

unvote

vote Songstress

I don't like how this lynch train has built up on Hoofy with very little reason, while Songstress has been at the center of pretty much everything. Meanwhile, ask yourself this question. If Blackhoof was the competing train against Smiley on Day 1 AND is mafia, how smart would that make the mafia team? Locke might as well made the mafia Larry, Moe, and Curly if that was the case. C'mon, people....use logic.

There is no logical reason for the Blackhoof lynch since Smiley flipped scum. He was the competing train, in a desperate attempt to go for an easy Day 1 lynch instead of Smiley. Songstress is the best bet and we gain a lot of info even if she flips town, but I suspect we will be pleased with the outcome.

Remember, if she flips town, Despothera looks scummy for trying to create a competing train on her. If she flips scum, it pretty much proves Despothera as town. Make sense?

Vote Blackhoof

I never said anything about protecting or viewing. I said i agreed with the suggestion that Key was a town vig kill, because she defended me during night phase (as in, posted in my defense), and someone probably killed her for info since more than one person misinterpreted my post about Key and Ishy's forum sigs.

Damn margaritas!

unvote

vote Songstress

There is no logical reason for the Blackhoof lynch since Smiley flipped scum. He was the competing train, in a desperate attempt to go for an easy Day 1 lynch instead of Smiley. Songstress is the best bet and we gain a lot of info even if she flips town, but I suspect we will be pleased with the outcome.

Remember, if she flips town, Despothera looks scummy for trying to create a competing train on her. If she flips scum, it pretty much proves Despothera as town. Make sense?

What I'm picking up from this is either that you think Hoof is town or else you are his scummate trying to save his butt from being lynched by directing the heat back onto Songstress. If she flips town, does that make Des scum then?

I posted after Mynd and pretty much agreed about Songstress so I didn´t feel the need to explain more.

I don't know if I read too much into the multiple vote switches in one post from Maw. What's a Cthulu?

an evil god from the Lovecraftian mythos

43% of statistics are made up on the spot. And my color is better than both of yours.

pfft, 83% of people know that!

All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all who wander are lost,

The old which is strong does not wither,

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

i've never liked that first line- it doesnt really make sense. i know what it is supposed to mean, but it is said in a weird way.

so EVERYTHING gold DOES NOT glitter

gold glitters, and gold is gold..... :huh:

'NOT all that is gold glitters' makes more sense grammatically, bt does not sound as good, nor does it rhyme with the last line

Can I double vote you for failing at metaphor interpretation?

Vote: Songstress

She seems off to me.

Look at how Smiley says this - SHE DOESN´T KNOW HOW SHE PLAYS. How does he know that she doesn´t know how to play if he hasn´t played with her before?

Songstress, your train on Blackhoof was a simple ruse to get votes off Smiley and onto an easy Day 1 candidate.

It wasn't.

I explained my reasoning for voting Hoof instead of Smiley D1. Smiley I wasn't sure about, it could have been an honest mistake, but Hoof's jump on Wombat to defend Smiley stuck out to me as scummy. I was actually a bit surprised we caught scum D1 because the case against Smiley was so flimsy.

I still don't trust Hoof's defense of him, and his reaction to the train on me today. If we want to build on what we learned from Smiley yesterday, I suggest we build in the direction of people who actually did or said something themselves. Hoof hasn't convinced me yet.

Songstress, your train on Blackhoof was a simple ruse to get votes off Smiley and onto an easy Day 1 candidate.

It wasn't.

I explained my reasoning for voting Hoof instead of Smiley D1. Smiley I wasn't sure about, it could have been an honest mistake, but Hoof's jump on Wombat to defend Smiley stuck out to me as scummy. I was actually a bit surprised we caught scum D1 because the case against Smiley was so flimsy.

I still don't trust Hoof's defense of him, and his reaction to the train on me today. If we want to build on what we learned from Smiley yesterday, I suggest we build in the direction of people who actually did or said something themselves. Hoof hasn't convinced me yet.

Your gameplay is off because you know you are mafia and it has thrown you off, just like a nervous tell when a poker player is bluffing. They know they have rags but they go all in, yet there is that subtle tell right there. The fact that you don't deny you are off your game instead of defending yourself.

Your counter argument for today is that we should go after someone who actually did something? You voted Blackhoof because you didn't like how Blackhoof defended Smiley BEFORE it was made known about Smiley's alignment. If you suspected Blackhoof of defending Smiley because they were both scum, then why did you vote WITH Smiley instead of voting FOR Smiley's lynch?

Answer: SCUM

@Razen and Kae: Scummy, scummy, scummy skimmers. I had already stated that my logic lined up with Hearts and that I would support lynching either Hoof or Stress.

Ok, Smiles defended Stress and Hoof defended Smiles. A few other people have pinged a bit, but those two are highest up on my list. I'll have to wait until the morning to do a reread and decide which one of them has been acting scummier

Oh. Hi there mynd. He's scum if he's still wearing that beard >.>

AH is obviously reading my mind, because those were my thoughts also. I would be willing to lynch either Stress or Hoof.

In other news, Song seems to be making a bit more of a scene than is strictly neccesary.

Archived