DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn Mafia: The Hemalurgic Spike

Locke

@Mynd: You never answered my question from before. How is it scummy to ask for info that is usually given with coroner reports? I know the setup of this game might make that a little different, but I don't see how trying to get more information to scumhunt with is a bad thing.

I was poking him about that because I took it as him trying to confirm or deny if any healing powers were out of the game. That was all. I was more waiting to see how he reacted to that to see if there was any merit to pursuing it further.

UNVOTE VOTE MYND I am inclind to believe hoof as well for now. However Mynd seems to vehemently go for townies and everyone else seems to bandwagon vote so I will vote him for now and see what happens.

Since you want us all to treat you like a newb, allow me to explain some things.

1) OMGUS - Oh My God U Stink (or other variations of that las word) is when an angry player, often scum, is votes the person who calls them out on their scummy behavior. These votes are often knee-jerk reacitions that have little if any actual basis. They also often make the person casting the OMGUS vote look even more desperate and suspicious because they cannot defend their actions properly.

2) No one is town until proven otherwise. If you are town and another player votes for you because of something you did, then it doesn't necessarily make them scum. You may know you are town, but they may not. Put your effort into defending yourself before voting them back (see OMGUS above)!

3) Besides yourself, the only people who know for sure who isn't mafia is the mafia themselves. To accuse someone of trying to lynch townies implies that you have some prior or established knowledge of who is town and who isn't.

4) When you are scum and your teammates decide "Dang, we're gonna have to make Smiley take one for the team, everyone vote him so you don't look scummy," you don't then just casually switch your vote at the last minute without any explanation. If you have been spending the bulk of the day trying to deflect and distract off your scummate's bandwagon, only to have it fall apart, you have to hammer his lynch with style.

5) No one is a true newbie. All you need to do in this game is use logic and deductive reasoning (and a bit of tossing the dice). Asking the mod a question is different than grandstanding in front of everyone with your question so that everyone see's how innocent you look. The only purpose for such actions is to make up for a guilty conscience.

Mynd plays a very attacking style of game, so don't try to let it get to you too much. That said, I agree with the point you make about the bandwagoning votes.

I do get frustrated when people vote for the sake of voting, but often when lynches build too fast without much resistence, it means that 1) the lynch target is likely town and 2) many of the bandwagoniers are likely scum. Its those slow, argumentative lynches that ping scum to me.

1 I hate repeating things, the reason I ask in thread is not to prove I'm new it's because I usually have to wait 12+ hours for a response and I dont like to wait when there are people in thread who can answer.

2. also repeating something I said before, I had no reason to vote Smiley other than stopping random lynch, what are the odds of learning anything from a random lynch? (slim to none for those who can't do the math) as it was day 1 of my very first game I figured why not up my chance of staying alive by avoiding random lynch

3. the only true OMGUS I did, I did when I did not know what it was, I truely believe you are scum for vehemently pressing the Songstress case up until Razen let slip to much info (which will screw him later most likely as I doubt the night kill will be anyone but him) then jump randomly to me when at that point Hoof made a stronger case for being scum than my noobish actions I mean seriously you act like you expect people to start this game as a pro, I screwed up and broke the rules on my FIRST post and have been trying to not make more

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And EP, from what I have seen D1 is almost always a random lynch. Its just a matter who can you narrow it down to so you have the best odds of getting a scum, which we did this time.

Mynd I have only played with you for... about 10 pages of this game alone and already I love playing with you. What I just typed is not pertinent to this game at all, I just wanted you to know.

I'm going to have to disagree at this point Mynd. I'm getting a cornered-townie vibe from EP. Being new, he doesn't know how to react to it I'd guess. Now, being new totally doesn't vet him, of course not. I was scum in my very first game too, so it's possible. But if he were, I'd have to believe he'd be getting coached on how to handle the pressure better. And if this is the coaching he's getting in the QT, then scum should give up right now. No offense EP, I am sticking up for you after all. And I'll pay for it I'm sure.

Ishy, I was on a scum team once where one of our team members might as well have put "I AM MAFIA" in his siggy and would post the craziest things. He also kept editing his posts when it was explicitly VERBOTEN. They kept cutting him a break beacuse, as he kept reminding everyone, he was a NEWBIE and as a NEWBIE he should get extra slack, being a NEWBIE who is NEW. EP reminds me a lot of this kid.

Looks like my list shall be posted after all.... YAY :D I loves my list

Dead Good Guy Dead Bad Guy

Claimed a Role Has Not Claimed a Role

1) Mawth

2) Ishy

3) Stress

4) AmegaLenlo

5) Razen--claims Finder

6) Wombat

7) Heart

8) Marsh

9) Player

10) Hoof--Claims Mason--multiple partners whom are still unknown

11) Tina

12) Pale

13) Kae

14) Song

15) Meesh--Good Guy--Killed N1

16) Smiles--Bad Guy--Lynched D1

17) Despo

18) GF

19) Chrissy

20) MCSForrest

21) Turin

22) Firebird

23) Key--Good Guy--Killed N1

I would like to know when Razen got his ability. I would also like to point out (for the sake of the newbs here) that we shouldn't take that claim at face value. He could very well be mafia pretending like he has the ability. If anyone else were to step up saying that they had the ability not Razen (though it's very possible there are multiples of some abilities) they'd be right in the line of fire for the mafia. It seems odd to me that Razen would potentially give up his ability, but perhaps he really does have the finder ability right now. I wasn't as solid on the Tress lynch before, and I see less of a reason to support it now. This situation is noted however.

And if Hoof's fellows could step up, there's usually not really any harm in being a known mason team. In my experience the mafia tends to leave you alone because they want power roles eliminated and don't want to confirm all of you as town, and if one of you is killed it would confirm the rest of you.

Right now I'm going to keep my vote on Hoof because I spend time with Firebird other places and know he just acts... like this... in general. I've stated before that I don't like how he's playing, but I'm not convinced enough to change my vote and I feel like Hoof shouldn't be let off just because he always gets lynched D1 or D2. He really stuck his neck out trying to save Smiles.

Unnofficial Vote Count:

Blackhoof (6): Razen; Eternal Phoenix; Songstress; Sakaea; Aiel Heart; Song; Ishmael; Maw, Kae

Songstress (3 ): Blackhoof; Player; Maw; Tina; Graendal; Mynd; Des; Ironeyes; Song

Eternal Phoenix (5): Tina; Mynd; Wombat; Lenlo; Sakaea, Hoof, Despo

Maw (1): Razen

Razen (1): Pale

Mynd (1): Eternal Phoenix; Firebird

Turin (0): Razen

Aiel Heart (0): Mynd

Not Voting: Turin; Christine; Wombat

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

GRAH the strikethrough didn't work everywhere in the vote count for some reason. Silly new dm >.>

Unnofficial Vote Count:

Blackhoof (6): Razen; Eternal Phoenix; Songstress; Sakaea; Aiel Heart; Song; Ishmael; Maw, Kae

Songstress (3 ): Blackhoof; Player; Maw; Tina; Graendal; Mynd; Des; Ironeyes; Song

The issue is that COLOR now copies and pastes but apparently the strikethrough doesn't and I'm too tired to do fix that correctly apparently.

OK I went through and just coded it this one SHOULD be right

Blackhoof (6): Razen[s/]; Eternal Phoenix; Songstress; Sakaea; Aiel Heart; Song; Ishmael; Maw, Kae

Songstress (3): Blackhoof; Player; Maw[s/]; Tina[s/]; Graendal; Mynd[s/]; Des; Ironeyes; Song[s/]

Not Voting: Turin; Christine; Wombat

Yea but you think his team mates would have voted him off day one or revoked his newbie rights or something that kinda looks bad on you for not correcting it doesn't it?

We tried, but sometimes there is nothing you can do about it when they have buried themselves and you with them.

I'm back. Just did a read-through of the stuff I missed. Turns out I was mentally mashing today and tomorrow into one day, so I thought I'd miss the deadline. I won't now. Anyway, to business: I don’t know how to quote with the new setup, so humor me.

Yesterday, Myndrunner said: I also don't like how Ironeyes is virtually setting up my neck for the next lynch if Songstress flips town. It is as if he already knows how she will flip.

My answer: Mynd, I use something called linear reasoning. It lets me evaluate what will probably happen based on one outcome or the other of a decision. I was stating my speculations based on either outcome of a Tress lynch.

Yesterday, Myndrunner said: I find it interesting that the entire point of Ironeyes set of posts were to discredit me and distract from the Songstress post.

My answer: First part is almost correct. I was trying to give you a dose of your own medicine to see how you’d react.

Yesterday, Dapianoplay3r said: As for the Mynd/Iron thing. If Iron flips Mafia we should look into lynching Mynd.

My answer: Why?

Today, Myndrunner said: Also, I wonder if Ironeyes will chime in against this lynch.

My answer: I wasn’t planning to. I never argued against lynching anyone, I just said that your aggression was suspicious.

Today, Myndrunner said: Duely noted.

My answer: It’s spelled “duly.” Sorry, that’s just one of my annoyance buttons.

Ok, defense over, now for offense. I’m inclined to believe Razen, so I’ll unvote for now. So today while I had a little down time, I had a revelation. According to the flavors for both the nightkills, the attackers were coinshots. Locke, is that true, or is it just something you used to make the story good? Because if it is, then at least one of the scums can be at least hinted at because he/she has allomantic Steel. Unless, of course, that power has been Gifted or Stolen since then, which completely invalidates my idea. Darn.

Archived