DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's one of the things that dice got pressure for. Already having a town lean on zander. I was called an "easy read"

I'm pretty sure that was before the neighbors claim.
Literally my point.

No, that's MY point.

1. Town read Zander. (uh oh that's too easy: says Zander)

2. Turin comes out with claim and zander sus

3. Practically everyone is jumping on Zander

4. Dice takes step back, and while he's saying hte lynch will go between the two, he takes the time to ask questions **Town Point

5. Dice receives heat and claims stump after a cop is already outted **Town Point

------->WHY would SCUM claim stump when they can cc the cop claim and get Tsuki lynched? At that point I'm pretty sure Tsuki's scum equity > Dice's scum equity, but you can correct me if I'm wrong.

Turin's been very townie this game, Tsuki has been very scummy. Tsuki would have been lynched without the cop claim and I still want to lynch him. His cop claim is his only saving grace.

Dice was told he's stump, I'm assuming. I like his claim because it's not a cc claim on the cop. Tsuki would have been lynched over Dice, I believe, if Dice claimed cop as scum. So claiming stump also makes me believe that the role is real and Dice is telling the truth.

Like, Dice hasn't had the perfect game, but I'm leaning a lot more town than scum at this point.

His talk with Zander to get to the bottom of what happened between Z/Turin was natural and felt real, like Dice wanted to know the truth, not like he was trying to angleshoot to call Zander scum or town in order to get town cred from it. It was good.

Reading through the beginning of D2 now, and I see some of the controversy regarding Tsuki. I think I need to mull over that some more, but like I said, probably not first person I'll lynch. 

I see your point about Dice. Claiming stump as scum gives him absolutely nothing. It would never get a counter-claim and wouldn't be useful for scums in any way. 

If scums have both a kill and a roleblock, who were they going for with the kill yesterday that didn't went through if it wasn't Tsuki, and why would they not try to kill the cop?

I've actually liked Dice's progression on Zander and his claim makes me believe he's town. There's no need to lynch stump Dice just to prove he's the stump.

For crying out loud it isn't to prove he is a stump. It is because he feels like mafia to me.

His "questioning" Z is quite easy since he A.) had a town read on him prior to my claim. and B.) would truly know if Z was town if dice is mafia. 

Also. There was NO WAY that Dice pushes thru a Tsuki lynch yesterday. Not on my watch. NO WAY. Dice would have been dead, dead, dead. 

Question: why would mafia try to shoot Tsuki when they know the doc was protecting him?

Sounds to me like an inexperienced mafia team unless a different role stopped the kill on someone else

Found a possible answer to my question.

I've actually liked Dice's progression on Zander and his claim makes me believe he's town. There's no need to lynch stump Dice just to prove he's the stump.

For crying out loud it isn't to prove he is a stump. It is because he feels like mafia to me.

His "questioning" Z is quite easy since he A.) had a town read on him prior to my claim. and B.) would truly know if Z was town if dice is mafia. 

Also. There was NO WAY that Dice pushes thru a Tsuki lynch yesterday. Not on my watch. NO WAY. Dice would have been dead, dead, dead. 

Underlined: I feel like this line of thought HAS been tossed around by a few. More along the lines of "we wouldn't be losing anything and would have a sure town voice" this translates into: let's lynch him and see.

I would have lynched Tsuki, tbh

I think Dice is town. I'm gonna dig my heels in about this. Dice literally had NOTHING to gain by claiming Stump.

IF RTE is scum and had a mechanic where he could survive a lynch, then there's no reason to think his train wasn't littered with other mafiosis. It was D1, so they may not have wanted this outcome already, but there wasn't really a good reason to keep them off of the lynch either.

It's one of the things that dice got pressure for. Already having a town lean on zander. I was called an "easy read"

I'm pretty sure that was before the neighbors claim.
Literally my point.

No, that's MY point.

1. Town read Zander. (uh oh that's too easy: says Zander)

2. Turin comes out with claim and zander sus

3. Practically everyone is jumping on Zander

4. Dice takes step back, and while he's saying hte lynch will go between the two, he takes the time to ask questions **Town Point

5. Dice receives heat and claims stump after a cop is already outted **Town Point

------->WHY would SCUM claim stump when they can cc the cop claim and get Tsuki lynched? At that point I'm pretty sure Tsuki's scum equity > Dice's scum equity, but you can correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Dice hasn't been a great Zander reader IIRC.

2-3. Makes it odd that Dice held to his stance. Like maybe he actually KNEW Z was town. Why don't you see this???

4. Exactly why he would do this. Especially if he KNEW that there was a chance to get him lynched anyway thru shenanigans.

5. COP CLAIM = IMMEDIATE DEATH. Dice didn't vote Tsuki post claim. NEVER believed.

Mafia will claim whatever helps them to win. He dies if he claims cop. I would have seen to it if I had to drag the town over the line myself. he stump claim is convenient. it A.) sounds towny. B.) explains why he doesn't get NK'd (the lynch me later line is BS. If he's town he knows it is better to resolve sooner rather than later. The RB on the COP cements this point) C.) very unlikely to be cc'd.  That gives him a safe line to keep going. It is quite possible that Dice could be a GF seeing as how that was one of his immediate thoughts when people started talking about resolving T/Z thru a view.   Funny that topic didn't come up while he was talking about resolving himself. 

This was his last post:

First, I didn't say anything about my being saved because I still have no idea what happened. I received no message or indication prior to or after the lynch went through, so if anyone targeted me, I didn't receive any information about it. I'm town so I suspect it was to cast doubt on my slot. 

I am surprised this isn't more clear to be honest. The way I see it is the only people who know Turin and Zander's alignment is the mafia. Now if they are both town, easiest move for Mafia would be to stay off of either of them entirely. Therefore, if both turn out to be town, or only Zander as I already think Turin is town, I am most suspicious of those who have never voted on either of them or jumped off early.

If you want to talk consensus votes...

That being said, I had John very high up on my town list and as weird as this looks, I'm not ready to vote Hallia yet either. But will keep an eye on her.

Laine has moved up my town list. I believe Dice is Tree Stump, mostly due to the hint he dropped early on about not being able to be lynched. Unless he is another role that can't be lynched, which is possible. However, I believe one of Zander, Turin, or Dice need to be resolved today. That's why I won't move my vote, Of the three, I believe Zander is most likely to be scum. 

I also find it a bit hypocritical that Eldrick says he is easily swayed by others but also criticizes me in saying a lot of my posts are consensus and my votes following a train. When every day my time on the thread is largely spent catching up, that shouldn't really be a surprise. I kind of like Len's idea to let NAs resolve the Turin/Zander uncertainties but otherwise if not Zander or Dice, I'd move to one of my nulls, and I would rather stick to Zander as he's my strongest scum read. 

You're surprised that D1 isn't more clear?  We have a ton of claims D1 and 60 pages, I'm not sure what else you're asking for.

What has changed for you regarding my slot, have I done something scummy?  If so, tell me what.

What did Laine do to move up? And Treestumps can be lynched.  Silenced, no, but lynched, yes.  I disagree that Zander/Turin needs to be sorted by lynching.  I think the idea of cop clearing is a good idea.  I'm sure the doc will protect the cop, so Tsuki will have some info for us tomorrow I hope.

I could vote you or Eldrick still.  He made me feel a bit better, but he is still very low.  Please give me more to work with if you want me to move.

No I meant I was surprised my reasoning wasn't more clear, not D1.

Your switching of votes to different trains within the span of a few posts which fairly little go on between switches looked scummy to me.

Laine moved up based on strong contributions. Her interaction with Tsuki screamed frustrated town to me, and I agree with her thoughts about him. I think it is a good thing Zander was lynched, as given Tsuki was apparently blocked we'd still be at square 1 today. 

I'll try to come back with more later today.

And Niniel is in the process of ISOing Eldrick right? He keeps flip-flopping on his opinions numerous times, i.e. he'll say something, then detract from it in the next post. Could just be stream of consciousness or it could be scum. 

Yes, I'm torn. You'd lose your vote, but you'd be confirmed town. I barely trust anyone right now in this game. If you were confirmed to be a townie, I'd have one less person I'd be reading without questioning their every motive.

They're linked in that they are both vote-affecting roles. I'd question the balance if both a stump and governor were on the same team.

Ok now I don't follow you.

What do you mean by "vote-affecting"?

I mean, its a role that messes with the integrity or impact of voting. Stump can no longer vote. Hence, vote-affecting.

Stump is in effect a dead townie with a voice. (a ghost) <---- lol see what I did there? Didn't Dice claim like page 1 with his comment about scum being afraid of ghosts or something in a gif?

Since you're so hard-fast on defending Dice, at what point do you propose we lynch him? Like, how many days are you willing to let him drag on as he is, playing defence, making minimal contributions, causing schism between the general consensus town core?

Archived