DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

y'all i'm determined to finish this tax project tonight, so if I come back later either crying/celebrating, you'll know what that's all about lol

stupid projects and stoopid finals >_>

Im learning multithreading for my end of semester proj.

Personally, I think Dice's arguments and general attitude and approach with his role have been crap. Just not helpful and not necessarily from a townie mindset. They seem very survival oriented, not solve oriented. Survival is not something exclusive to wolves/3rd party ofc, as no one wants to get lynched, but wolves are generally willing to do almost anything to avoid it unless it would implicate the rest of their team to do so.

The other option is RTE. He has gone beyond null, afkness. He has been around. Hes posted. Hes read up, as demonstrated by prior posts. Yet he doesnt talk about things directly related to him. He is avoiding them it seems like. [v]RTE[/v] Dice is wolfy at worst, unhelpful town at best. RTE though is wolfy at worst and slightly less wolfy at best.

Worth noting that Lenlo switches from having Dice as wolfier than RTE then switches for no apparent reason

What is the case on RTE beyond "Hes just not here"?

Cause thats all I remember people casing him with and while its not great for him, its at worst null. Its not a good case.

I'll try to goat it up for you laine, though I'm not used to being called one :P

Dice is easily the most suspect atm for me. RTE after that

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't be on much, if at all, tomorrow. I should go back and quote Niniel's posts where she collects voting trains. Think those are among the most interesting things to look at, and largely (and oddly) have been ignored today.

Not sure what people ever expected me to say about what happened at Deadline on Day 1. As I said, got no information before or after it, so can't shed any light on what happened. Nice way for Mafia to incriminate me though and make sure I'm the obvious train for Day 2.

Do you get anything from people's reactions?

y'all i'm determined to finish this tax project tonight, so if I come back later either crying/celebrating, you'll know what that's all about lol

stupid projects and stoopid finals >_>

Im learning multithreading for my end of semester proj.

Personally, I think Dice's arguments and general attitude and approach with his role have been crap. Just not helpful and not necessarily from a townie mindset. They seem very survival oriented, not solve oriented. Survival is not something exclusive to wolves/3rd party ofc, as no one wants to get lynched, but wolves are generally willing to do almost anything to avoid it unless it would implicate the rest of their team to do so.

The other option is RTE. He has gone beyond null, afkness. He has been around. Hes posted. Hes read up, as demonstrated by prior posts. Yet he doesnt talk about things directly related to him. He is avoiding them it seems like. [v]RTE[/v] Dice is wolfy at worst, unhelpful town at best. RTE though is wolfy at worst and slightly less wolfy at best.

Worth noting that Lenlo switches from having Dice as wolfier than RTE then switches for no apparent reason

What is the case on RTE beyond "Hes just not here"?

Cause thats all I remember people casing him with and while its not great for him, its at worst null. Its not a good case.

I'll try to goat it up for you laine, though I'm not used to being called one :P

Dice is easily the most suspect atm for me. RTE after that

I guess no apparent reason is wrong, since it seems to be an extremes thing, but then why not push/add me to the list?

Official Vote count

Dice (1): Turin

RTE (4): Hallia, Dice, Eldrick, Lenlo

Tsuki (1): Alanna

Alanna (1): Tsuki

Not voting (5): Niniel, BFG, Shad, Rey, RTE

With 12 alive it takes 7 to achieve a majority Lynch

Deadline is Tuesday 19 April @ 21.00GMT (due to the weekend). You can achieve a majority vote at any point prior to this.

Countdown to end of Day 2 Deadline

train looks pretty lazy :/

Why are you only just showing up now RTE? Can I also get reasons on your reads list?

(Alanna can't sleep and is on mobile laying in bed instead  :sad:)

Been very busy in R/L and little computer time. 

Town reads have been strong posters, contributing a lot towards reads, getting others to expand on their reads, and solving the game.

Nulls have been doing enough to stay afloat, but not taking strong directions or stances, not stepping on any toes, not swimming against the current.

I won't be on much, if at all, tomorrow. I should go back and quote Niniel's posts where she collects voting trains. Think those are among the most interesting things to look at, and largely (and oddly) have been ignored today.

Not sure what people ever expected me to say about what happened at Deadline on Day 1. As I said, got no information before or after it, so can't shed any light on what happened. Nice way for Mafia to incriminate me though and make sure I'm the obvious train for Day 2.

Do you get anything from people's reactions?

To what happened on Day 1 DL? Not particularly. But think some have been very opportunistic onto my train, such as Hallia

I have said why I've been scarce, still in SC on vacation with spotty internet. And even with that I think I've contributed plenty.

That being said I will not be moving my vote today.

So the difference between you and me is you gave a more specific reason than me for being busy with R/L and not posting more?

How have your contributions aligned with where you've placed your votes this game? Because I don't know see any thread between your votes and the weak ratonale you offered for them.

@Hally and Shad

Why are you voting rte?

His vote on Zander felt opportunistic.  He presented an argument for Dice being scum if Zander flipped town that made no sense to me.  I asked for clarification, didn't really get it.  He has since done very little, at least from where I'm picking up reading.  There's not too much to it and it's bad.

Is there anything compelling in his defense?

I'm not contesting so much as I am wanting to make sure people are giving good reasons. Most of it seemed to be that because the consensus is that he should die or because he didn't get lynched yesterday.  Neither is a good reason to lynch someone IMO.

If you ignore the fact that he was the majority lynch yesterday.

As for my reason for dice, it is because his actions don't match his reads.

He had a town read on dice and a scum read on turin.

Turin claimed neighbor with zander.

Dice talked about that we should lynch between the 2 and resolve it. (By his reads so far, he would logically be wanting to push for turin)

Dice questioned Zander, who was already his town read, for more information about the claim.

Dice later addressed the point that he was town reading Turin because he thought the claim was neighborizer. If that was the case, it would have affected his reads when it was mentioned. I don't see how it did.

And after it was cleared up that he was wrong about the claim, his sussing Turin is gone, which doesn't make sense to me. If your reason for clearing someone is false, you don't continue to clear them.

Feels like a cop out to me, and is why I'm sussing him.

Also, if he thought the claim was neighborizer, why would it have to be resolved?

I don't think it does. If the result was because of Governor, like it appears to be, and nobody owns up to an explanation, then that means the role was either used to save rte or to get Zander mislynched.

I want discussion on this. Why was Zander lynched instead? Who wanted Zander lynched more than they did rte?

With that, I'm going back to trying to sleep.

Not a fan of Eldrick advocating discussion on something that is mostly WIFOM at this stage

I talk about game mechanics I'm every game. I like figuring out what's going on. This is null for me.

In case you haven't noticed, I stopped when people pointed out that the speculation was pointless.

I agree with Turin that dice claiming stump is a safe claim. I addressed this when he claimed.

Ccing cop could very well have gotten Tsuki lynched instead, even if you defended him. I would have voted Tsuki over dice in that situation.

But then dice would be outed, which is a stupid thing to do, especially since they apparently have a rb.

Ughhhh I love the points that BFG makes, just stop it. Your reads list is good, I almost feel like you're trying to suck up to me. Uh yeah

#1985 CAN you go into more specifics on Dice, please? I just want more on the thread and I feel like I've been trying to defend him but I've hit a wall on what I can say. I kind of wish he was in the thread to talk.

I would love to hear your opinions on Eldrick and Rey as well, in particular. Eldrick because he's back and forth for me, but I feel like he's coming from a town POV (I hesitate to say he's twtbaw) but I also know that he can say some scummy dang things as town. And Rey because I feel like I've skewed my read on him a little bit. I'm at the point where I just kind of expect him to be mafia and my ISO of him will be clouded a bit.

#1990 Agreed. Another one of those things though, I've seen Eldrick get lost in setup/speculation before so I'm not sure it's alignment indicative BUT it's also not helpful and not going to help anyone get town read.

#2005 Turin why do you think Rey in particular loses town equity with a RTE town flip?

#2010 re: me looking for bigger fish to fry: I normally wouldn't attack a largely inactive player, you're right. But your slot is going to have to be resolved, either through peek or lynch because you're not doing anything to increase your town equity and there's the issue of the diverted lynch, so I'm kind of stuck. I ALMOST want to say "well there's no way RTE is scum, lynch mechanics blah blah blah" but WIFOM and I don't actually know what I'm doing.

#2011 Hally is an interesting vote. Can't say I'm hating the RTE content right now. It's actually not bad. >_>

Archived