DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is mostly a place holder for now, I'll have to look for the vote reasons tomorrow.

Official Vote Count - Day 1

Rey (1/7): Dice

Dice (3/7): Zander, John, Turin

Tsuki (1/7): Rey

Not voting

(8)- Niniel, Tsuki, BFG, Lenlo, Shad, Eldrick, RTE, Alanna

With 13 alive it takes 7 to achieve a majority Lynch.

Day 1 deadline is set for Wednesday 14 April @ 9 PM GMT

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

If you feel that's a bit long you can achieve a majority Lynch at any point prior to deadline.

Dice (2/7): Zander, Turin

Tsuki (1/7): Rey

Turin (1/7): John

Not voting

(8)- Niniel, Tsuki, BFG, Lenlo, Shad, Eldrick, RTE, Alanna

Day 1 deadline is set for Wednesday 14 April @ 9 PM BST

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

If you feel that's a bit long you can achieve a majority Lynch at any point prior to deadline.

Tsuki (2/7): Rey, Shad

Turin (1/7): John

Not voting

(7)- Niniel, Tsuki, BFG, Lenlo, Eldrick, RTE, Alanna

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

Tsuki (3/7): Rey, Shad, Niniel

Turin (2/7): John?, Dice

Not voting

(6)- Tsuki, BFG, Lenlo, Eldrick, RTE, Alanna

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

Tsuki (2/7): Rey, Alanna

Turin (1/7): Zander

Zander (1/7): Turin

Dice (1/7): Eldrick

Alanna (1/7): Tsuki

Not voting

(7)- BFG, Lenlo, RTE, Dice, Niniel, Shad, Hallia

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

Turin claims, Tsuki and Zander both claim before the next VC

Tsuki (2/7): Rey, Alanna

Zander (1/7): Turin

Not voting

(7)- BFG, Lenlo, RTE, Dice, Niniel, Shad, Hallia

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

Zander (3/7): Turin, Rey, RTE

Not voting

(7)- BFG, Lenlo, Dice, Niniel, Shad, Hallia, Alanna

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

Zander (5/7): Turin, Rey, RTE, Lenlo, Hallia

Not voting

(5)- BFG, Dice, Niniel, Shad, Alanna

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

Zander (5/7): Turin, Rey, RTE, Lenlo, Hallia

Not voting

(4)- BFG, Niniel, Shad, Alanna

Zander is at L-2

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

Zander (4/7): Turin, Rey, RTE, Hallia

Rey (2/7): Dice, Eldrick

RTE (1/7): Zander

Not voting

(5)- BFG, Niniel, Shad, Alanna, Len

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

Zander (4/7): Turin, Rey, RTE, Hallia

Rey (2/7): Dice, Eldrick

Dice (1/7): Lenlo

Not voting

(4)- BFG, Niniel, Shad, Alanna

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

Zander (5/7): Turin, Rey, RTE, Hallia, Niniel

Dice (2/7): Lenlo, Eldrick

Not voting: BFG, Shad, Alanna

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

49 hours left ...

Zander (5/7): Turin, Rey, RTE, Hallia, Niniel

Dice (3/7): Lenlo, Eldrick, Alanna

Not voting (2): BFG, Shad,

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

47 hours left

Dice claims

Zander (4/7): Turin, Rey, RTE, Niniel

Eldrick (1/7): Hallia

RTE (2/7): Zander, Shad

Not voting (2): BFG, Tsuki

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

Just under 32 hours to go.

Also lol at the multiple VCs. You're so helpful :)

RTE (3/7): Zander, Shad, Hallia

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

Just under 27 hours to go.

RTE (3/7): Zander, Shad, Hallia

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

No Change. Just under 13 hours 25 mins to go

RTE (5/7): Zander, Shad, Hallia, BFG, Dice

Not voting (1): Tsuki

Day 1 deadline is set for Wednesday 13 April @ 9 PM BST

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

Just over 8 hours to go

RTE (5/7): Zander, Shad, BFG, Dice, Alanna

Not voting (2): Tsuki, Hallia

Day 1 deadline is set for Wednesday 13 April @ 9 PM BST

Day 1 Deadline Countdown

Just over 1 hour to go.

RTE (6/7): Zander, Shad, BFG, Dice, Alanna, Hallia

End of Day 1

There will now be a short Twilight of no more than an hour. No sparkly vampires allowed.

End of Day 1 Result

Zander has been Lynched.

He was:

Louis Tully - Town Neighbour

https://youtu.be/JSlPrrCLiCM"]https://youtu.be/JSlPrrCLiCM

It is now Night 1.

Countdown to end of Night 1

If all actions are received sooner Day may start sooner.

I'm going to start with the boring stuff

RTE was 2 votes behind and the vote tally doesn't show any manipulation. So I don't see double voter, vote thief or anything like that as final tally's show the 'correct' number of votes on each

Numbers don't work for a standard loved or hated role either

Executioner normally ends day early and the timer ran out

Variation of governor could work, if it's mafia it's probably x-shot which means there's a reason they wanted Sander lynched or RTE saved. If town, it doesn't have to be x-shot, but I don't see it being used Day 1 unless somebody really wanted Zander's flip (I don't think anyone could have read RTE town that strongly to want him saved over Zander)

Governor seems most likely at this point

If RTE is mafia and the reason for the lynch switch is a mafia role, I'd expect RTE to be bussed, since they'd know he was safe. If the reason is a town role mafia are probably split but more likely on Zander, or late votes on RTE.

If RTE is town, then mafia could be anywhere :unsure:

Points of similarity between RTE/Zander -

Both suspicious of Dice/Nini

Disagree on: Shad, Turin each other and myself

The votes on RTE are pretty late in the day and the votes on Zander, with the exception of Hallia are pretty static.

Meh, starting to think if the lynch switch is mafia they just did it to mess with us. Honestly just going to shelve this for now, without more info it's just WIFOM

Zander train is dirty

Who on it is mafia?

Can I answer this or do you want to here from Alanna first?

Whatever floats your boat.

Willing to bet theres 2 Scum on my train.

RTE/Turin>Nina>Rey

Tsu- Claim has him in top spot for now. Id say without that he'd be Null at best. I dont really know any of his Meta so I dont really have a place to start from. I dont like that he claimed where he did at all. He hasnt been overly Scummy I just dont really follow what he says and is PoV of things.

Alanna- What can I say, Im feeling Town Lainey here. She was one of the first people who both stuck her neck out against thread consensus for both reading me Town AND suggesting the Cop solve me and Turin as opposed to a lynch. I think as Scum she more then likely advocates for at least one of our lynches. Were seeing eye to eye in some spots and I like her level of involvement considering I know she's also got RL stuffs going.

Hallia- Mostly based on John. I tend to read Hallia wrong but she fooled me last game so theres that. I thought she was kind of slow going for awhile but I kinda liked her most recent catch up. Hallia's biggest tell as Scum is her inability to keep it up for an extended period of time. So atp Im ok with her.

Shad- The fact were seeing eye to eye on some things is usually a good sign. That's the case here. If I was seeing more from Shad I may have him higher. He's currently in a few games so he gets some leeway here.

Lenlo- Hasnt done anything to ping me thus far. I do wanna look over his interaction with Dice a bit more to see what Alanna and maybe others have mentioned. One thing missing is the fact he's not playing the same as last game where he was a Boss

Eldrick- He is a hard read in general. Ive seen him Town like a Boss in Minions and he fooled me last game as well as Scum. He tends to be all over the place as either alignment. He's engaged and involved. Will need to ISO and get some flips to get a better read on him.

BFG- I've liked her stances on some spots and maybe thats bias cause of her read/stance on me. Wanna see more thread presence from her tho. And looking for some good WoT posts to judge the content from.

Rey- Not really sure at all tbqh. I have no starting point or Meta on him like Tsu. I dont really like his stance on RTE tho. Thats sticking out to be a bit.

Nini- Liked her start she was making some decent posts but her refusal to reevaluate her read on me and not progressing it at all is not a good look. She's also trusting and liking Lainey and says that Lainey knows my game well but think her read of me is better. Like if she was progressing her read on me and still found me Scummy I'd prolly feel better about her. Ill admit I'm not the best Nini reader tho.

Dice- At first I found him Scummy, then I started to kind of see Town!Dice. Then the claim came out. I really didnt like the timing nor did I find it necessary atp. I really have not liked his responses and posts about it sine then. I know Dice has some RL stuff going on that may be influencing things but I do feel this is a slot that needs to be resolved sooner rather then later. If he's lying well we've got Scum, if he's telling the truth well were done a vote but we will have a confirmed Town voice.

Turin- Do I need to really elaborate this? I know Im Town irt our Roles, that doesnt mean he HAS to be Scum but I feel like he jumped on me early, wasnt willing to reconsider his read till the thread started to. He's been throwing shade at me all game in what I perceive to be, to see what sticks. He's not answering my questions and I HATE is stance on RTE. And the Dice read comment from the QT.

RTE- No thread presence, his general consensus read's list, his weird comment about DIce's claim and his stance on it. His pop in vote on the leading train by sheeping what everyone else said and not progressing his read or really justifying his vote on me. I know this also may be silly but his excuse about the email notifications is weird. Like dude knows the games going on and he can check DM every once in awhile.

I'm here, at least for a bit. What would people like me to answer?

Zander is shouting a lot about progressing my views but I don't feel like content in thread has changed my views very much. Well, at least specifically not on him, and as my strongest scum read I don't see a reason for moving my vote. With each post I've tried to list players whose most recent interactions had me feel one way or another about them, moving them up or down the town-mafia continuum. Here's an updated reads list:

Turin

Lenlo

Alanna

Tsuki (admittedly, only because of his claim, not his content)

Eldrick

Rey

Hallia

BFG

Niniel

Shad

Dice

Zander

I guess I'd describe progression of my views as follows:

Hallia's vote-jumping in combination with her consensus posts has her trending down on my list. John started off very strong but Hallia throwing her vote around and justifying it retrospectively is not doing her any favours in terms of looking town.

Turin's idea that Dice may in fact be a third party is an interesting claim. If we argue that it is likely that there is at least one third party player in the game, I would put Dice in that slot at this point. However, his early breadcrumbing of not being able to die (yes, I do understand how a treestump works, I just figure he took some liberties with that comment) does give some credence to his claim. That being said he may just trying to be staying alive as a survivor, which to me also seems quite plausible. Third party would make sense with his gameplay as well (staying out of Zander Turin voting, for example).

I still do feel like Mafia are avoiding Zander and Turin, and as I said should Zander flip town I would look at people who didn't vote either of them. While mafia obviously will vote to lynch townies, if Zander flips town, and I believe Turin is town, then they stayed off the early trains and played it safe by not committing a vote to either that could be later used against them or invite scrutiny. That is why it is so important one of them dies today, because I think that will reflect in a meaningful way on a number of players. Furthermore, there are other people that the cop can use his view tonight to vet, such as Dice for instance.

Finally, there is no one else I would lynch who I believe is more likely to be scum than Zander, and as I said, his or Turin's lynch would offer the most information this early in the game. I don't think the fact that I need to remember to check the thread and can't do so as easily on my phone, and that I've been quite busy and stressed in real life, is indicative of my alignment in the game. I am town. I am not revealing my role or identity. I think Mafia already have their hands full with potential kills tonight, don't need to give them any more information than they already have. I would also like to stress that Tsuki is only town IMO because of his claim. Nothing he has posted would get him out of the null category otherwise, and prior to his claim I had him as a scum read. While we don't have a CC, the real cop may just be playing it safe. Therefore prior to some evidence I would also treat him with some modest scrutiny. Hopefully he uses his PR to contribute more to the game in coming days. Finally, my nulls (in orange) is where I think the rest of the scum team are hiding.

Hallia, Dice, Laine all still voting RTE :unsure:

Eldrick, Lenlo switched from Dice

Tsuki voting Laine again,

Official Vote count

Dice (1): Turin

RTE (5): Hallia, Dice, Eldrick, Lenlo, Alanna

Alanna (1): Tsuki

Not voting (5): Niniel, BFG, Shad, Rey, RTE

With 12 alive it takes 7 to achieve a majority Lynch

Deadline is Tuesday 19 April @ 21.00GMT (due to the weekend). You can achieve a majority vote at any point prior to this.

Countdown to end of Day 2 Deadline

RTE (6/7): Zander, Shad, BFG, Dice, Alanna, Hallia

End of Day 1

There will now be a short Twilight of no more than an hour. No sparkly vampires allowed.

Pgs 1-3 - Some jokes. Laine trying to get to know people she doesnt. Dice with the weird ghost joke. Pg 3, Zander shows up.

Pg 4-5 - Zander bothers Rey to describe his town and wolf game. Shad weighs in on Zanders meta. I agree with him.

Pg 6-7 - RTE shows up. Some jokes. McClane, now Hallia, votes Zander because hes always saying lets lynch wolves. Its not bad considering he doesnt know Zander. Calls Laine silly. Tsuki comes in and says Laines opening is funky. Tsukis intro is... weird. I have no problem with Dice's opening, its not TMI to me its just a joke (#136).

Pg 8 - Disagree with Zanders read of Dice. Its not a locked in town read, its a simple lean (#142). McClanes reason is better then Zanders imo. McClanes slot is town at this point.Dice no longer a fan of Zander simply because of his vote? eeeh (#154). Dice is really overreacting with this defense though imo (#155). Really over defensive.

Pg 9-10 - Dice doesnt remember McClanes vote, even though it was the first one in the game. Dice is really weird atm (#165). Eldrick votes Shad (#169). No big deal. Turins vote isnt... bad? Just not good (#186). Laines catchup is good (#188). Eldrick claims Ghost? (#198).

Pg 11-12 - Dice continues to be over reacty (#219). Eldrick unvotes Shad because they share a town read? (#220). Dice refuses to answer a question (#221). Eldrick calls both Johns and Turins pushes bad without giving compelling reasons (#223). Seriously? He thinks hes going to enjoy playing with someone so they are teammates? (#226). If I didnt already know you claimed cop, id be all over you.

At this point:
Town:
Me!
Tsuki - By virtue of cop claim
McClane/Hallia

Town Lean:
Turin
Zander
Shad?

Null:
Laine
Niniel
BFG
Rey
RTE

Wolf Lean:
Eldrick
Dice

Pg 13 - I agree with McClane. Dice is was really defensive over small things (#245). Tsuki is also really aggressive. Hes biting Eldrick over every little thing, like hees just looking something to pounce on (#247-250). If Tsuki wasnt a claimed cop he would be soooooo wolfy.

Pg 14-18 - I disagree with McClane here, this logic only works if your case against dice is bad (#267). If its bad and they follow you, they are just looking for a lynch. But Dice hasnt been reacting well. Rey is town to me (#275). Agree with Shad (#290). Everyone seems to forget Casper was a nice ghost. :(. Ill weight that into his read Shad, but hes really iffy to me (#306). Niniel joins the Tsuki wagon. With Tsuki being cop is this bad? (#337). 

Gonna be honest around here my eyes glazed over for afew pages. There was nothing interesting just... uuuuugh. Most interesting thing was Dice getting pissy at John.

I have some problem with Eldricks read of me here. Yeah im low content for maybe... 10 pages. But 3 days? 3 DAYS of NOTHING?! In no world is this accurate, it kinda bugs me (#419). 

Finally something interesting.
Pg 22 - Turin hardclaims Town Neighbor (#437). Its a good post about neighbors. Neighbors dont have to be W/T, they can be T/T, or W/W if there are two wolf teams. Zanders change on Turin and just.. its weird. Tsuki claims cop UGH (#449). His post of (4 people voted me, stats says 1 must be scum), thats crap. Gamblers Fallacy. The odds for any of them being a wolf are the same. I could take any group of 4 in the game and make the same claim. How does Tsuki know wolves have fake claims? Where did this come from? Is Tsuki lying? I disagree with Dice tha Zander flipping town makes Turin dead (#454). Id lynch you over Turin. 

Pg 26-27 - Didnt want to talk about the game outside the game? Its a QT dude... (#502). Also no, you should have used the QT. Cant trust him, so refuse to talk to him? Is that what you do? I dont believe it. Agree with Rey here (#540)

More eye glazing. 

Gonna be frank, skipped the last 3 pages cause eyes glazing.

Where I am: 
Town:
Me!
Tsuki - By virtue of cop claim, really stupid kinda suspect.
Turin - Believe his claim, even if Zander flips town I think the claim and the push come from a town mindset.
McClane/Hallia

Town Lean:
Rey
Laine
Shad

Null:

Niniel
BFG
RTE

Wolf Lean:
Eldrick
Dice
Zander

These are ordered within the sublists themselves.

[v] Zander[/v]

It's not much. Not basing a read on it to any extent, but this looks good for Lenlo. This is his first reads list. His wolf reads are Dice, Zander, and me (reordered for grammar)

If Dice isn't mafia. like I think he isn't, Lenlo doesn't have any wolves in his wolf reads. Wolves tend to do that, so it's a good look.

Vote shenanigans apparently. 

Possible roles:

Double voter

Vote thief

Executioner???

stealth voter??

governor derivative?

Lol somebody either didn't want RTE dead or wanted Zander gone gone.

Also, and I reserve this right: I effing told you so

I like Turin less after that flip. RTE too.

I like Laine's instant re-evaluation here, her vote on RTE Day 1 seems to have been at least partly motivated by a desire to save Zander and a mixed read on Dice, so the progression makes sense. But I like that her instant reaction is to update reads.

Well Zander was town. I am town. I still think that Dice looks a bit dodgy here now for his stances with regard to us.

Tsuki and Shad. I literally hate people popping in right after DL.

Turin is more complicated, on the one hand he updates his reads with Tsuki and Shad, on the other he's still focused on Dice :unsure:

Tsuki, Shad seem to focus on the mechanics which isn't a great look for them

Rey's reaction is more or less straight into defence which is probably null

I'm sus of BFG. She was town reading Zander but I didn't think she could read him well enough to make that conclusion. Her activity level is concerning as well.

Not sure if this is still an issue, but a lot of my read on Zander had to do with the difference between him in this game and Eldrick's. He was far more interested in this game from the start of the game, given his preference for randing town it looked good for this game.

But you're right, normally I tinfoil on him far more :/

I'm sus of BFG. She was town reading Zander but I didn't think she could read him well enough to make that conclusion. Her activity level is concerning as well.

Well it is a BT game :unsure:

:laugh:

@Turin, I don't think I said that I didn't like your case on Zander because it was based on 'outside' events, I said I wasn't sure that the reaction was entirely against Zander when it's based on 2 things; one of which is entirely null (lack of communication/distrust because of the QT (seen other town react the same way so it's not inherently scummy) and because you disagree with who called Dice scummy first). I actually said you are probably town for your reaction to it, but that's independent of my view on Zander and opinion of how quickly his train built. Worth noting that his train built after Zander confirmed your claim so that may not be as important as I remembered

I'm not arguing. I'm just curious on your stance on this. I'd also like you to have your thoughts about this on record, being you don't expect to live very long.

Okay it has to do with 3 things.

1. The first page interaction which seemed very weird to me and as I mentioned then it gave you a easy way to say that you had looked at Shad and now had a town read on him.

2. He mentioned about something you had done that was out of your wolf range IHO. I had mentioned something similar with the caveat unless you were getting coached up in the QT. I honestly don't remember who said whatever first.

3. When someone was sussing you He popped in and just said that you were being super villagery. No explanation with it in the post. It just looked like odd defense. 

Other people might say that it is nothing but it is suspicious to me.

Quite like this from Turin, but I need tomcheck what happened, this is from early Day 1 and seems to have been dropped early :unsure:

That's not what I got from that post, that's what I got from this game...

From post one, you come in trying to 'guide' the game. I don't like it.

Never play on the BT before?? Because this is how it is. Low activity levels, moves in spurts...

But you should know that...

What's the saying? One scum lurks, one tries to guide, one just hangs out??

You wanna know who I viewed?? Are you a decent player at all?? Who was my ONLY real SCUM READ??

Jeesh. Take the fake feelz somewhere. That felt so forced I surprised you didn't need a laxative.

And Lenlo trends down for his 'support'...

Are you a real person?

Rey, other than governor or x-shot unlynchable how you think to explain the lynch result from d1?

saying any combo of roles is impossible (or even unlikely) is not probably going to end well. That is the same trap as neighbors can't be v/v. I would be more likely to surmise that there are more non standard roles.

I don't know. I am not averse to the possibility to there being a governor, but can you think of a scenario were both a governor AND a stump, two pro-town vote roles would be in play? I think its pretty damn unlikely. If Dice really is the stump, he has nothing to fear from being lynched, and it would make us all more confident. It would actually also paint you in a more negative look in my opinion Turin. 

I'm prepared to vote Dice, or RTE or Niniel at present. I think a confirmed Stump Dice would clear things up nicely.

Stumps can't vote.

I'm in my father in law's house and can post now before dinner. Internet has not worked so far in my bf's house. I'm not sure if it will when we get back or not. I will be able to make time for this game tomorrow. Will try to do my best then.

Not thrilled with this post. It's a post for the sake of posting imo.

"Hey I'm here" with no real content following it.

Why say you can post now if you're not gonna?

I remember when I was scum bros with Niniel in WE Cory said a large quantity of posts like this is a tell for her.

I dunno.

It's something I do constantly regardless of my alignment so I'm really hesitant to pass judgment.

Just something that came to mind when I read your post.

Yes, I'm torn. You'd lose your vote, but you'd be confirmed town. I barely trust anyone right now in this game. If you were confirmed to be a townie, I'd have one less person I'd be reading without questioning their every motive.

They're linked in that they are both vote-affecting roles. I'd question the balance if both a stump and governor were on the same team.

Ok now I don't follow you.

What do you mean by "vote-affecting"?

Archived