DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

Official Vote count

Dice (1): Turin

RTE (3): Hallia, Dice, Eldrick

Tsuki (1): Alanna

Alanna (1): Tsuki

Not voting (6): Niniel, BFG, Lenlo, Shad, Rey, RTE

With 12 alive it takes 7 to achieve a majority Lynch

Deadline is Tuesday 19 April @ 21.00GMT (due to the weekend). You can achieve a majority vote at any point prior to this.

Countdown to end of Day 2 Deadline

No Change.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. Gonna do what I can to figure stuff out today.

I still think we need to resolve why rte didn't get lynched.

I brought up the points I had against dice. There was also a bunch of things I liked from him. I have very mixed feelings there. He is either telling the truth, and will still be a town voice when he dies, or he is lying and probably not town. I don't see town!dice lying about being stump.

I love everyone pushing the point that we need to lynch Dice anyways and it doesn't matter because he's stump.

Guys, we have better choices, like actually finding scum. I mean, if you think Dice is the scummiest person in the game, then go for it, but otherwise decide who is scummiest and vote there. None of this, "I think he might be town but I want to lynch him anyways because we can still get his input."

Also, has RTE said /anything/ about how he wasn't lynched yesterday?

I'm in my father in law's house and can post now before dinner. Internet has not worked so far in my bf's house. I'm not sure if it will when we get back or not. I will be able to make time for this game tomorrow. Will try to do my best then.

Not thrilled with this post. It's a post for the sake of posting imo.

"Hey I'm here" with no real content following it.

Why say you can post now if you're not gonna?

I'm pretty sure nobody is going to come out and claim they switched the lynch after Zander flipped town. That would make them an immediate target.

I DO find it suspicious that RTE did not get lynched and has made no comment in regards to that, especially since he should have been.

Even a "wft" would suffice, but right now nothing is making him look more guilt imo

Alright, response to Alanna first:

1) Dice remains scummish to me. I've re-read from the start - a lot of his early posts are actually sensible, and reading back I'm doubting my position on him slightly. However, his persistent attitude that since he's claimed Stump, he should be verified by NA, or that he will somehow become less efficacious if he's confirmed town by a lynch is ludicrous. On the whole, I'm quite happy to lynch Dice and see if he comes up town today. 

So my posts are sensible and you are doubting your position on me yet im still scummy to you? And its because i have a Town role and dont want to be lynched? As for the red   how is it ludicrous when i DO become less efficent because I lose my vote?

but you still want to lynch me just because of the claim

Do you see the inconsistencies here??

The earlier points on Dice:

#14 - Potentially breadcrumbs ghost.

#133 - Doubts that Zander is a wolf. 

#159 - Seems quite reasonable to me.

#165 - Gets mad at the heat coming his way, again quite reasonably.

#221 - Refuses to respond on whether he's claiming ghost.

#338 - Votes Turin.

#367 - Sensible here.

#439 - Sensible here again. Correctly calls out Turin that his first vote on me wasn't a reaction test. 

#451 - Sensible again.

#454 - Bad logic, and I called him on it later. Didn't like this, felt it was a stretch.

#570 - Sensible.

#676 - Votes me, after saying he wanted a vote between Turin and Zander.

Dice, you're a mixed bag. If you're lynched and confirmed, I can rest easy trusting in you. In truth, re-reading a lot of your earlier points are quite sensible. Then we have some posts that stick out like sore thumbs. 

The other issue worth mentioning, is that Dice is claiming Stump, and a couple of people (Turin, Eldrick and Alanna) have mentioned they think a governor is in play. What are the chances you'd include both a governor AND a Stump in the same game?

And here you resay  you want to lynch town yet in this post you only use the word BAD ONCE. Sensibly and reasonable are used a bunch tho.

I love everyone pushing the point that we need to lynch Dice anyways and it doesn't matter because he's stump.

Guys, we have better choices, like actually finding scum. I mean, if you think Dice is the scummiest person in the game, then go for it, but otherwise decide who is scummiest and vote there. None of this, "I think he might be town but I want to lynch him anyways because we can still get his input."

thank you

Alright, response to Alanna first:

1) Dice remains scummish to me. I've re-read from the start - a lot of his early posts are actually sensible, and reading back I'm doubting my position on him slightly. However, his persistent attitude that since he's claimed Stump, he should be verified by NA, or that he will somehow become less efficacious if he's confirmed town by a lynch is ludicrous. On the whole, I'm quite happy to lynch Dice and see if he comes up town today. 

So my posts are sensible and you are doubting your position on me yet im still scummy to you? And its because i have a Town role and dont want to be lynched? As for the red   how is it ludicrous when i DO become less efficent because I lose my vote?

but you still want to lynch me just because of the claim

Do you see the inconsistencies here??

Yes, I'm torn. You'd lose your vote, but you'd be confirmed town. I barely trust anyone right now in this game. If you were confirmed to be a townie, I'd have one less person I'd be reading without questioning their every motive.

oh and @rey   is there some reason you think a gov type role and a stump are linked?

and are you aware that gov can be a scum role too?

They're linked in that they are both vote-affecting roles. I'd question the balance if both a stump and governor were on the same team. 

I suppose governor could be a scum role too. But then, so could stump.

There's also something that's been bugging the hell out of me.

@Ithi In Clov's game, the only other time I've seen the stump role, when I died and became a stump, my alignment wasn't revealed. How do you run stumps? If someone in your game died and became a stump, would we know their alignment?

Eldrick you were a special role in Chris's game. Standard stump roles will generally reveal alignment. Dead stumps can generally talk but they can't vote and aren't counted toward the town's numbers. Which is why I'm pushing against lynching Dice: I have a feeling he's town, "but he's stump and can still talk" isn't a good enough reason for me to lynch him.

Thankssss, I'm trying. It's supposed to be a group project and I have to do it by myself so I'm struggling not being able to pick other peoples' brains on this dumb thing

y'all i'm determined to finish this tax project tonight, so if I come back later either crying/celebrating, you'll know what that's all about lol

stupid projects and stoopid finals >_>

Im learning multithreading for my end of semester proj.

Personally, I think Dice's arguments and general attitude and approach with his role have been crap. Just not helpful and not necessarily from a townie mindset. They seem very survival oriented, not solve oriented. Survival is not something exclusive to wolves/3rd party ofc, as no one wants to get lynched, but wolves are generally willing to do almost anything to avoid it unless it would implicate the rest of their team to do so.

The other option is RTE. He has gone beyond null, afkness. He has been around. Hes posted. Hes read up, as demonstrated by prior posts. Yet he doesnt talk about things directly related to him. He is avoiding them it seems like. [v]RTE[/v] Dice is wolfy at worst, unhelpful town at best. RTE though is wolfy at worst and slightly less wolfy at best.

Eldrick you were a special role in Chris's game. Standard stump roles will generally reveal alignment. Dead stumps can generally talk but they can't vote and aren't counted toward the town's numbers. Which is why I'm pushing against lynching Dice: I have a feeling he's town, "but he's stump and can still talk" isn't a good enough reason for me to lynch him.

Thankssss, I'm trying. It's supposed to be a group project and I have to do it by myself so I'm struggling not being able to pick other peoples' brains on this dumb thing

That's what I thought.

Ok. working through Nini's ISO

I don't like her reasoning for her Tsuki vote. His calling Laine funky and emo would be a weak push, but it didn't feel like a push to me. Even if it was a push, sussing him for it was also weak. That's not a good reason to vote someone IMO.

Post #466 Feels like looking like making a stance on the neighbors alignment thing, while leaving an opening to back out later.

Post #533 Part of her reads list.

Read on Turin: 

Turin - to the point of his claim I found him scummy on my re-read. I don´t think his reasons for voting Dice is good. I also thinks that he was wrong by saying that Dice´s vote on Rey was a reaction test. I don´t think he either said it that way or meant for it that way. It might be true that he just followed John on Dice as John thought. But... I don´t see why he made that claim if he is mafia. I need to check how many votes he had when he claimed. 

This caught my attention because the read is all over the place. He was scummy on her reread. She lists reasons why. But she also says that she doesn't see him making the claim the way he did as scum.

Turin is scummy and not scummy at the same time (reads to me as a null/undecided read), but she has him at the bottom of her list.

I like her post #884 where she talks about not understanding RTE's stance on Dice being mafia is Zander is town.

I also liked her points about Hally's votes.

...blah. i only got 4 hours sleep, and I'm fading here. I'll finish this later.

ATP the things I like about her are outweighed by the things I don't.

this   every stump ive seen has shown their role and alignment just like other players

Question: why would mafia try to shoot Tsuki when they know the doc was protecting him?

Sounds to me like an inexperienced mafia team unless a different role stopped the kill on someone else

Answer: because they wouldn't know if there was a doc or not.

That isn't my reason. I think he is most likely mafia. It comes down to his not showing town mind set in the most important ways. Not seeing that it is worth it for townie to put themselves in a position that they could die if it means getting a mafia dead. Not seeing that at the end of the day it might be better for town to lynch a stump than to lynch another townie if it came to that. To me it all read as I just don't wanna die.

At best selfish town. More likely mafia thought process.

Archived