DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World's End Mafia - town wins comprehensively

Pralaya

After reading the thread my main focus is on Lenlo. 

Your... what?

If we lynch a towny there are most likely 3 scum left in a game of 11 players. Pick a name out of a hat you have a 3 out of 11 chance of hitting a scum. Its probability dude. I dont know what math your working with.

Also your reasoning is lacking any kind of logic. Your reason for saying we shouldnt keep two VCs is "We are unlikely to find mafia bar slips or luck until N3" while completely ignoring the perk of controlling their NK, the major action scum gets each night. Yeah so maybe we NK another townie, we still eliminated a scum prospect rather than letting the scum NK an obv town. Your thinking purely in townies. Im thinking in overall quality/respective townieness of each individual person lynched/NKed.

As for Dices vote on me "Zander you are off the hook for annoying me", so is that all you had going for Zander lynch? Is that all you thought about him? Pretty weak in retrospect. Vote on me, accusing me of coming into thread looking for any little person to jump on, but im not voting you? Im not pushing you? I havnt cased you I havnt even said I think your scum or town. I have done nothing to you that could be called "Looking for an excuse to jump on someone", yet your gunning for it? Pretty weak dont you think?

Have I caught over dramatic scum D1?

@BFG I didnt mean to suggest we should actively try and lynch a townie on D1. I was still brainstorming how we could use this games mechanics to our advantage and was spouting ideas, trying to think how we could maintain control of the NK. As for the overreaction talk, that was to two different posts of his. 

Dice im trying to tell if. If we assume that the vote is scums NK, then whether we keep a second VC or not a townie WILL DIE EACH NIGHT. If we keep a consensus vote though there is atleast a CHANCE that a scum die. I will take a chance rather than guarantee a town death.

Your logic assumes that scum has a NK, which a townie should have no idea about. Its why I asked Pral if scum have a NK or if the majority vote each night operates as that.

So you are saying that Dice is mafia then? This is interesting in two ways:

1. You asked Pral a question about the nk in the thread once he had gone. You knew we would not get an answer in some time. But then you assume that there are no ordinary nk´s and base your ideas on that as if it was true. That made me think that you had tmi. 

2. If you think that Dice is mafia (like I take it), then it´s weird that you are not voting him. 

Alright. I disagree but thats your opinion. Id like a quote when you get the chance so I can see exactly what you mean cause if thats all you got its still weak as I have said in many games that I am bad at reading you and dont see what others do when they call you town.

Thing is though, your not voting me for that one point. You voted me when I told you your opinion on the 2nd VC was poorly backed up/explained. You got annoyed at me and voted me. then you come back with this later. Im gonna need an actual case before I take your vote on me seriously. I hope you understand.

The way you seem to point out Dice as mafia (without saying it explicity) and then saying it´s just observations and ask him to understand that you don´t like his case makes me think of a mafia that doesn´t dare to follow through. 

As for Dice, I think he is town. I think he has been overreacting but the way he is been active and started to get serious gives me that feeling. 

[unvote]

[v] Lenlo [/v]

My only experience with you is leading your mislynch when I was scum D1 of Pulp Fiction. Help me out. Why do you think scum!Lenlo is more likely to back off Dice than vote him/commit to a read here?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And don't give me the "oh you think you are special bit" because the reason why I have the reputation I do has nothing to do with me thinking I'm smarter than everyone else and has everything to do with the hours I pour into reading games, staying in the thread as much as humanly possible and sacrificing my mental health, sleep and social life in order to be as informed as humanly possible in a silly internet yelling game. I bleed for my team, and that's what people know about me. My town game is basically a nervous breakdown in slow motion.

You want to act like you deserve time or credence because you're mentally superior at making reads, that's not going to fly with me. A village is built with hard labor and brick-by-brick and for the most part you seem emotionally detached from the game and not at all interest or enthused in moving us further.

If I am wrong I need someone to show me why so I can re-assess. You can be that guy, but you have to actually start playing first.

And caught up.

Man, a lot of those pages were spammy and went nowhere.

Here's my notes from the previous list.

Hey, Cory, Zander, you're dead right that I'd pull this as scum. It just so happens I do stuff I'd do as town as scum as town as scum as town.

Page 1
1. -
2. -
3. -
4. +1 mildly villagery opening (Dice)
5. -
6. null (Zander)
7. null (Besie)
8. null
9. null
10. my favorite role of all time <3 (Me)
11. null (Sooh)
12. null
13. null (Tina)
14. null (Cory)
15. null
16. -
17. null
18. null
19. null
20. +1 mildly villagery (Cory)

Page 2
21. null
22. null
23. null
24. +1 villagery (Cory)
25. +1 mildly villagery (Zander)
26. null
27. null
28. +1 mildly villagery (Dice) wants tells for Besie / *but "crush the scumbags"? Feels fakey.
29. null
30. null
31. null
32. +1 villagery (Cory) esoteric phrasing
33. +1 villagery (Cory) aggressive
34. null
35. null
36. -
37. +1 villagery (Cory) humor
38. -
39. null
40. null

Page 3
41. null
42. +1 villagery (Zander) aggression
43. -
44. null
45. +1 mildly villagery (Dice) reaction
46. -
47. -1 slightly wolfy (Sooh) futility argument that has been made before
48. null
49. null
50. null
51. -1 slightly wolfy (Sooh) motive
52. null
53. +1 slightly townie (Cory) morale tell
54. -
55. null
56. null
57. -
58. +1 slightly townie (Dice) paranoia
59. null
60. null

Page 4
61. -
62. +1 slightly townie (Cory) tone
63. -1 slightly scummy (Sooh) commentary
64. null, beginning of Dice-Zander quarrel
65. null
66. -
67. -1 mildly scummy (Sooh) Sass? I didn't see no sass.
68. null
69. null
70. null
71. +1 villagery (Cory) no forced reads imo
72. +1 villagery (Dice) finding townies for reasons townies think of
73. -1 scummy (Sooh) struggling / hesitant to give townlean
74. null
75. -
76. null
77. -1 mildly scummy (Tina) not sure I believe the emotions
78. -
79. null (Lenlo)
80. -

Page 5
81. null
82. null
83. +1 villagery (Cory) priority to find the mislynches and stop them
84. null
85. null
86. -1 slightly scummy (Lenlo) lowering morale
87. null
88. null
89. null
90. -1 slightly scummy (Lenlo) motive
91. +1 slightly townie (Besie) encouragement
92. -
93. null
94. -1 slightly scummy (Lenlo) not anxious to dig in
95. -1 slightly scummy (Lenlo) generic humor
96. -1 scummy (Sooh) struggling/conflicted thoughts
97. null
98. -
99. -
100. +1 slightly townie (Cory) brain wave

Page 6
101. -1 scummy (Lenlo) strange post
102. +1 townie (Zander) unstoppable
103. +1 slightly townie (Dice) fixating / *replicable
104. questionable- Why Sooh? #
105. -
106. -1 slightly scummy (Lenlo) assumes
107. -1 scummy (Tina) process
108. null
109. null
110. null
111. null
112. -
113. null
114. +1 slightly townie (Dice) explains thinking satisfactorily
115. null
116. null
117. +1 slightly townie (Zander) phrasing
118. null
119. null
120. null

Page 7
121. null
122. +1 townie (Zander) reaction and stress emphasis reads legit
123. null
124. null
125. null
126. Questionable- serious?
127. -1 quite scummy (Lenlo) phrasing, repeat
128. -1 scummy (Lenlo) specious
129. -1 scummy (Lenlo) sucking up to Cory, me
130. null
131. null (Nikon)
132. null (BFG)
133. null
134. null
135. null
136. null
137. null
138. -
139. -1 scummy (Lenlo) reaching
140. +1 townie (Zander) seems to be genuine

Page 8
141. null
142. null
143. null
144. null
145. null
146. null
147. null
148. null
149. null
150. null
151. null
152. +1 slightly townie (BFG) feels genuine
153. null
154. +1 slightly townie (Zander) wants to make a town bloc
155. +1 townie (Zander) bringing the WIM
156. null
157. null
158. null
159. null
160. +1 townie (Zander) I get it.

161. null
162. null
163. +1 slightly townie (BFG) mindmeld
164. +1 mildly townie (Dice) tone
165. null
166. null
167. null
168. -1 scummy (Lenlo) conflicted/struggling
169. null
170. +1 townie (Zander) I get it. never w/w with Dice.
171. null
172. null
173. -1 scummy (Lenlo)
174. null
175. null
176. null
177. null
178. -1 scummy (Lenlo)
179. null
180. null

Page 10
181. null
182. -1 scummy as hell (Lenlo)
183. +1 mildly townie (Dice) tone
184. null
185. null
186. null
187. null
188. null
189. +1 mildly townie (Dice) agreement on suspect
190. null
191. +1 slightly townie (BFG) thought process
192. null
193. +1 townie (Dice) I think that's highly improbable but the paranoia is real
194. -1 scummy as hell (Lenlo)
195. +1 townie (Dice) yep
196. Still not hunting (Lenlo)
197. Still not hunting (Lenlo)
198. -1 scummy (Lenlo) hesitant to OMGUS when he finds Dice really questionable, why?
199. null
200. null

Page 11
201. -null (Shad)
202. null
203. null
204. null
205. null
206. null
207. null
208. null
209. null
210. null
211. null
212. null
213. null
214. null
215. null
216. null
217. null
218. null
219. -1 scummy (Lenlo) dishonest, you're definitely smudging him.
220. null

Page 12
221. null
222. null
223. -
224. null
225. Questionable (Sooh)
226. -
227. +1 (Tina) makes sense.
228. null
229. -
230. -
231. Questionable (Sooh)
232. -
233. null
234. -
235. null
236. -
237. null
238. -
239. -
240. -
I got my post numbers screwed up here, too lazy to fix, null reads anyway

AskThePizzaGuy
Dice +11 **
Cory +9
Zander +9
BFG +3
BlomBesie +1
Nikon +0
Nolder 0
Shad -0
5 Tina -1
6 Sooh -6
8 Lenlo -18

241. null
242. -

This is different from previous because it's quantified.

I read everyone, bar none, one post at a time, and gave my lean as it happened.

Granted, Lenlo's lean started to blur together into an amalgam of his work to date, at the time. That's WHY I stopped giving him more scum points.

Stuff I felt was scummy but not particularly noteworthy started getting nulls because of confirmation bias.

Other folks are clearing Zander and Cory, knowing what they do as scum. I have the same privilege.

I cold read Dice last two games I was in with him, and the reasons I use for those clearings are mine. That's why when you look at Dice and go "Why is he town, that's not clearing" and I disagree, you end up on a different page than I do.

Because we have different experiences, or different levels of experience with different people. Dice may not know how to fool me yet, alignment-wise, and until he does fool me, I take that leap of faith on certain reads.

Like Zander- I null things I would have cleared him for before because now I know he does it as scum.

Will I puss out and go well, can't read Zander now, boo-hoo, he fooled me?

No, now the challenge is to clear or condemn Zander using different tells.

Change your tells every game. Don't be predictable. Using predictable tells is saying to the mafia- If you do X, you're a townie.

Then they do X and were scum.

Unique, specific tells per person, per game, per instance. Never repeating, except in a very, very strong and unique circumstance, such as:

Hey, BFG just did a thing I saw one other scum do once, on another board, and I've never seen a townie do in that specific way.

And then it's a tell.

Can it be wrong, yes. But I'm not going to not follow a tell I think is a tell.

It's my Sooh time.

I'll be back in several hours after Game Of Thrones.

If you can hang on and real time with me then, then fine. Otherwise I'll talk to you tomorrow.

How much experience do you have with dice and Lenlo?

How much experience did I have with BFG or Andrej?

"I was right this other time so I'm right now" isn't going to cut it for me.

Why am I wrong about dice and why am I a wrong about Lenlo.

What is dice doing now that he wouldn't do as a wolf.

What is Lenlo doing now that he wouldn't do as a villager.

Simple questions.

Answers to come when I returnsky.

:)

And don't give me the "oh you think you are special bit" because the reason why I have the reputation I do has nothing to do with me thinking I'm smarter than everyone else and has everything to do with the hours I pour into reading games, staying in the thread as much as humanly possible and sacrificing my mental health, sleep and social life in order to be as informed as humanly possible in a silly internet yelling game. I bleed for my team, and that's what people know about me. My town game is basically a nervous breakdown in slow motion.

You want to act like you deserve time or credence because you're mentally superior at making reads, that's not going to fly with me. A village is built with hard labor and brick-by-brick and for the most part you seem emotionally detached from the game and not at all interest or enthused in moving us further.

If I am wrong I need someone to show me why so I can re-assess. You can be that guy, but you have to actually start playing first.

You're reading too much into that comment.

You want the whys. The whys are coming.

I can tell you all the whys. I've been very busy today, I barely managed to do the analysis before I has to go and do Christmasy dinner at other relative's house, and then I had a hurty neck. Now I have Sooh time.

These are excuses. But I'll bring the WIM and the wordiness and the hashtag work very shortly.

Pizza I am curious as to how exactly we will dance around eachother like snakes this game.

Will you annoy me to death?

Will I annoy you to death?

Will we unite under the same banner? Are we pitted for a calamitous final showdown that will end only one of us standing?

Regardless of what happens I am excited for it.

Most likely: You will think I'm a wolf because I did something different from last time, I will be the lynch, and I will be a villager.

Can't read my, can't read my....

Dang it pizza, why can't you ever be a wolf when people think you are one.

Pizza, why do you think this is Cory's most likely reaction?

Because I understand the criteria people use to determine my alignment, and it's wrong.

Specifically: I change my town game every game, on purpose.

I am doing this right now and have been since the game started. Certain things will be the same because my core principles and beliefs and philosophy of play is pretty much the same from game to game, but other things change.

Example of change: Tells. Notice in the last game I used unique, specific, and unpredictable reasons for each and every individual to clear them. And then I specifically invalidated those tells, because if you tell wolves how to fool you, they will.

That's not all I change. I alter the style and attempt new methods at times, because if I am any good at this game, it is because there are aspects of my play that I am dissatisfied with.

Last game, I was very dissatisfied with my day one. And it could have been avoided, I feel, by a much more rigorous and methodical approach, in relation to Nolder and NotBob. I never did get around to reading NotBob very carefully. Had I been a vigilante d1 he likely would have died n1, and that's terrible.

This game, I've been extremely rigorous and methodical with every single person and I have specifically avoided all attempts to read a person by their previous games. You get credit for this game only, period.

Cory thinks he knows me, and he does. But he also doesn't know me completely, and the aspects of my play which are unique to Askthepizzaguy and no other player, are what will trip him, and you, up.

That's the truth, and I'm aware of this. None of it matters. I'm here to point at wolves and make them die. Those are my two concerns.

/shrug

Your game shifted sufficiently between Matrix and Nightmare that I don't care about how you post, or how much, or how wordy you are (and don't particularly like those arguments against you as they don't mean anything)

The issue I have right now is that you're being relatively 'closed' with your thoughts. I understand your read on Lenlo well enough (will be intrigued to see if/how it updates), but you haven't really explained anything else. You go from 'liking' Tina 'well enough' to having her as scummy and I don't know why, I don't have a clue what you think about anyone else and given your transparency last game that's an issue.

You say you've been 'rigorous' with everyone so far, so when you have time to expand that would be great.

You're reading too much into that comment.

You want the whys. The whys are coming.

I can tell you all the whys. I've been very busy today, I barely managed to do the analysis before I has to go and do Christmasy dinner at other relative's house, and then I had a hurty neck. Now I have Sooh time.

These are excuses. But I'll bring the WIM and the wordiness and the hashtag work very shortly.

Looking forward to it :)

Have fun!

Last one was Pg 1. This is Pg 2

Pizza I am curious as to how exactly we will dance around eachother like snakes this game.

Will you annoy me to death?

Will I annoy you to death?

Will we unite under the same banner? Are we pitted for a calamitous final showdown that will end only one of us standing?

Regardless of what happens I am excited for it.

I cant wait to see it thats for sure.

LOL Dice! Hi everyone :happy:

Are you town????!!!!

we may need to leave her alive a couple of days even if she isnt. We need to get some tells for her...

The bold actually doesnt sit right with me. Leave her alive even if she isnt town? Are you saying you know she isnt town, that if we somehow mechanically find her to be scum we shouldnt lynch her or what? Cause if we know she isnt town wouldnt that mean we already found tells/errors in her play? This doesnt sit right with me Dice.

Red- deja vu

Maroon- reaching

Wolfy brainwave detected. Exterminating the pesky intruder.

THIS IS MY VILLAGE, WOLF.

Vote: Lenlo

I definitely don't hate hating this post.  I kind of want to give it a pass since he's been appealing to my town senses by other means.

I don't use "tells".

I use my imagination to do my best to see how players approach the game in different alignments (as there are always differences) and see if it lines up with how they would do x or y. I don't really believe in "tells", I just sort of try and figure out a player's mental approach, the things they typically look for as a villager, the way their mind works, stuff like that.

I care about whether or not people are being genuine or just fabricating things.

Lenlo for his plan.

Sooh for being defensive about Nomi early in the game.

Cory much for the same reason as you, I'm just more wary of Cory.

Shad I don't remember I'd have to look it up it was something he said.

The nulls I have to look into more anyway so no explanation.

So you have literally no opinion about anything I've done since like page 1. Good to know.

Posting on phone SUCKS.

Do you think you've done anything else noteworthy?

BFG I hope you have me as a firm townread because I don't think I've villaged with you in a really long time and honestly I'm just plain old excited for it

You have been making a pristine amount of sense this game and stuff like that makes things so much easier for me to see and keeps me levelheaded and motivated

BFG I hope you have me as a firm townread because I don't think I've villaged with you in a really long time and honestly I'm just plain old excited for it

You have been making a pristine amount of sense this game and stuff like that makes things so much easier for me to see and keeps me levelheaded and motivated

Ok, I've liked most of your posting today, I just have an uneasy feeling from yesterday I need to work out what it means.

I don't know if I can actually explain what made me uneasy about the posts below, I think it's similar to the issue with Pizza, you were say don't show and I'm far more used to your town game being show (and also tell). Different today, but it takes me a while to shift bad feelings. You also seemed slow to start, compared to say Ragnarok, but that's probably the most obvious town you've ever been lol.

There's part of me that's also been waiting for Zander to ask me to explain my unease on you /shrug

Basically at the moment I'm rolling with you as town, waiting for Tina to come back in thread, and watching you like a hawk <3

i already have like three players i think are villagers in a 12 player game

should i approach this as a turbo and see if i can solve it in another 15 minutes?

dice has been active - which is nice - but i don't know if he's done anything that i would consider villagery of him to do.

don't know if i can trust him yet.

going to start going through the thread for real now. we're still a little low on content but gotta start somewhere.

Shad I don't disagree in general to that post readwise, but I'm not going to expand on anything just yet.

I know your faith in me is probably low considering you've never seen me as a villager but I'd highly recommend you abandon your recency bias because I at least believe my village game is a great deal stronger than my wolf game and I think at least a few people here that know me would agree. Fear of my wolf game gives you exactly zero reason to ignore my reads when I am a villager and is perhaps my greatest pet peeve when I am one.

If I do something you feel is wolfy, call it out, but I will take very poorly to any attempts to say "Cory is villagery but he's villagery as a wolf so I'm not going to listen to him" because I'm also villagery as a villager and I put out an exhaustive effort to get games right because I'm a weird overdedicated perfectionist with a lot of time.

I actually decided not to post that because I didn't want to be too mean to Lenlo but forgot to erase it when quoting another post

A glimpse into the mind of a jerk

Lenlo ILU and I hope you had a merry christmas :) also I'm happy with your level of play so far in terms of my ability to read you so keep doing what you are dong :)

Cory give me a straight up #SOULREAD

Not quite yet friend

Not quite yet :P

General turning point below

I actually have Lenlo as a villager by a relatively fair margin

But I'm not going to intervene yet, just make sure not to hammer, I think he's L-2 or L-3 and this is a hybrid hammer game

Probably the last post I've felt iffy about...

You'll get there with me, I promise.

Zander is no longer my top villager, he's probably in a list of about 3-4. I would still guess he's a villager. There are some early game tone tidbits I like and the fact is I think I just generally read him well off tone and attitude because he sort of can't hide his brainwaves from me. I just usually know what his alignment is after reading a bunch of his posts. He wolfed against me in a turbo pretty recently and I just sort of knew he was a wolf about three or four minutes in because it just seemed really obvious to me. I think some of that is just the weird player type pattern recognition that sort of draws out my reads that comes with basically remember what every single person posted in every single mafia game they've ever played.

With that said I'm not as secure in that read as I could be and I wouldn't put him in blue yet. Still looking for more from him that I associate with his villager game, not really there just yet.

cause ure killing more townies early BFG and for no real gain. townies are probably gonna outnumber the mafia later on anyway and at that time will have more info

a worst case type scenario? dead people kill town thats 1 mafia kill town thats 2 vig kills town thats 3 sk really stretching kills town 4

thats FOUR town dead in one night. its TOTALLY a worst case stretch but this isnt a basic game

We don't know theres a vig and Pral said the double lynch was being balanced by town having fewer roles.

But regardless, I'm not asking why the night lynch itself is a bad idea, but why a second vote to keep track of who the still living players would lynch at night is a bad idea.

No we dont  but like i said thats me stretching a worst case scenario

Dice Im not trying to get you going but it feels like youre stretching things a fair bit this game.  Ill re read but its why I can't put a Town lean on you yet,

Hence why i used the WORD stretching. Go read it in context not alone. The answer to BFG comes out of an answer to lenlo. He was asking game mechanic stuff and i responded.

I have to say Pizza, the lack of huge numbers of words in your posts is disturbing.

As for hours to real chat, the time this is posted for maybe 3-4 hours would be best for me.

Yep noticing this as well.

ok that scewed up   this is a zander quote

You DO realize that len was moaning about pizzas long wordy quotes last game right? I think he even asked pizza to cut them down.  I THINK   could be wrong    that you zander agreed last game about this.

Pizza then does this and you both give him grief for it.  Make up ure minds

BFG are you a villager?

You can be honest with me. I promise. If you are I want to work together with you.

My answer is BFG is a villager.

Zanders missing part of the BFG Town equation as she pointed out. Yes WOTS are part of it but its the TONE bro. theres a certain tone to her Wots as town. Trust me I learnt the hard way

Slots I am currently having the most trouble with:

Pizza

Dice

Besie
Nolder
Nikon
Shad

Tina

The more I can figure out these seven players the better shape we are going to be by EoD.

So lets talk.

I'll start. I THINK ure town but i have one concern. You said at game start that we were getting full on hard in the paint cory. But then u kinda sat back for a while. Then u came back harder.

Now ive seen hardball cory and sit back cory as town    sit back is iur for a while there you were actively trying not to town lead as much cause of whinging.  this feels like that. 

But my issue is that effectively you said one thing but did another.

If anyone is curious since I'll be blabbering a lot.

In general I would say people I feel I read well in this game, and will usually have their correct alignment by the end of d1:

Dice
Zander
Tina 

BFG

In general I would say people I feel I read ~okay in this game and should have at least an okay bead on:

Sooh

Lenlo
Nolder

Shad_
Pizza

The rest are all people I have no familiarity with and for the most part am going to struggle to read accurately.

:laugh:

Will you hate me if I say that a bad read on Dice, Tina or myself is something that I look for as a 'tell'

I disagree with bFG here and its a small point of concern because maybe im just not clear enuff but you cory reads me VERY well. To the point that i was scum and being town read by EVERYone then u subbed in and i knew i was boned. You went straight for me and got me lynched.

Archived