DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

I'll explain something - I'm the worst mafia player ever. No I have no reads on those people.

That's probably not true.  I've met Footy, and you seem like an intelligent person; that pretty much puts you above him by default.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel like Tabor is town. Sooh is also unsure.

Why are you unsure about Sooh?

For the same reason I said before.

Fair enough.  I was asking because I've had a strange feeling about her as well.  I felt like she cheerled the Lessa lynch yesterday, but didn't put her vote on until right at the end.  She also was one of the people pushing to look for potential peeks once BFG was NK'ed.

I'll explain something - I'm the worst mafia player ever. No I have no reads on those people.

That's probably not true. I've met Footy, and you seem like an intelligent person; that pretty much puts you above him by default.

lol. Thanks.

To make this more clear - I'm not good at casing. I make an occasional great move, but I get confused easily lol.

Hallia (3): Razen, RTE, Kronos
Rhea (2): Laine, Hallia

Not voting (4): Taborline, Rhea, Sooh, Clovdyx

I think this is the votecount right now.  Hallia wagon looked very clean to me with Razen and RTE, not feeling strongly about Kronos either way right now.  I thought his posts sounded pretty good earlier, but Razen and Sooh are probably my two strongest reads right now because of the Dice lynch.  Rhea train looks worse because the best thing Laine has going for her IMO is that she seemingly didn't know who had been NK'ed, and Hallia's just a huge a question mark for me.

I'll [v]Taborline[/v] for now.  If I'm right about Laine, that means Tabor is the only one from my original list of teammates for Dice, unless it was Dice/Hallia/Kronos and he just didn't interact with them because they weren't posting?

Feel like Tabor is town. Sooh is also unsure.

Why are you unsure about Sooh?

For the same reason I said before.

Fair enough.  I was asking because I've had a strange feeling about her as well.  I felt like she cheerled the Lessa lynch yesterday, but didn't put her vote on until right at the end.  She also was one of the people pushing to look for potential peeks once BFG was NK'ed.

So do you think she's sucked me in to her pushing for the peeks? Cuz I've been agreeing with most of what she's said. I am easily led by mafia. I've screwed up more than once that way. I wouldn't put it past mafia to be pushing for that. Which would make me look pretty stupid. 

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Taborline (1): Clov

Not voting (3): Taborline, Rhea, Sooh

Deadline for Day 3 is Monday, August 3rd at 9:00 AM MST/12 noon EDT:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150803T09&p0=197&msg=Day+Three+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

Not voting (4): Taborline, Rhea, Sooh, Clovdyx

I think this is the votecount right now.  Hallia wagon looked very clean to me with Razen and RTE, not feeling strongly about Kronos either way right now.  I thought his posts sounded pretty good earlier, but Razen and Sooh are probably my two strongest reads right now because of the Dice lynch.  Rhea train looks worse because the best thing Laine has going for her IMO is that she seemingly didn't know who had been NK'ed, and Hallia's just a huge a question mark for me.

I'll [v]Taborline[/v] for now.  If I'm right about Laine, that means Tabor is the only one from my original list of teammates for Dice, unless it was Dice/Hallia/Kronos and he just didn't interact with them because they weren't posting?

Clov, I probably missed it but who do you think were BFG's peeks?

I have no idea.  The one that I saw being most viable for a N0 was Cairos, and I still don't know about N1.  I feel there's a few people that would have made sense to me, but there's always some little knock that makes me think otherwise.

If you mean choosing after D1, I agree - I don't think she did.  He would have had to be the random N0 peek, and the only reason I came up with him is he seems to be the only one she's not saying anything negative about.  I would have expected her to peek one of the quiet, more "scummy" players N1, but there's nothing that stands out to me.  Unless she peeked Lessa and her soft defense was her way of tipping that, without completely outing herself to stop one mislynch?

At this point I feel relatively comfortable with Laine and RTE. Clov is also fairly clear for me, though I'm not a fan of a Taborline lynch. 

I still find Hallia suspicious for being so uncommunicative(?). It's not really what I want to say, but it was the best word I could come up with. 

Kronos is not showing me enough what he thinks for me to town read him. I will agree that he reacts calmly when pushed though. 

[v]Hallia[/v]

My best lead at the moment. 

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Hallia (4): Razen, RTE, Kronos, Sooh
Taborline (1): Clov

Not voting (2): Taborline, Rhea

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150803T09&p0=197&msg=Day+Three+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

Clov I hate you. :dry:

Rhea
D1: Thinks I'm introducing WIFOM with my scenario irt Tab's wording, sides with my word picking that "special roles" refers to PRs but considers Tab's wording a newbie mistake; doesn't like RTE defending Tab with his comment "I will be looking closely at people who take the opportunity to build a train on er based on it." @Rhea right here: how can you both think Taborline's was a "noob blunder" but still find RTE's suggestion suspicious?

Misses end of day due to being sick, does not place a vote on any trains

D2: By way of gut feeling, feels that we would have caught scum on either the Dice or RTE trains, and drops a vote on Lessa because she was trying to tie the votes for a random. This is questionable because it's likely that Lessa was mafia protecting her teammate, but less likely that RTE was also scum in that situation. She leaves her vote there anyways.

Says she'll go back and reread, full D1 reads list HERE

Simplified reads list:
Town: BFG, Razen
/Town: Sooh, Tab
Null: Cairos, Hally, Kronos
Mixed: Alanna
Mafia: RTE, Lessa

@Rhea: Where is Clov? What are your thoughts on him thus far?
And I still don't see how Dice Lessa RTE can ALL be teammates together

Update after reading D2 had RTE a little more townish, but scum read of Lessa remains; POE is Lessa/RTE/Laine/Hally; Positive point that she seems to be conceding a bit on the RTE/Lessa point due to Clov's questioning

D3: Already covered what I wanted to so far here, irt peeks. Do not like that she's trying to clear players based on uncertain peeks
@Rhea: What is your stance on RTE now that Lessa has flipped town?

**Interactions with Dice: *reminder
--------------------------

Taborline
D1: My original case that her post here was a scum slip because she immediately assumes Jagen/Sooh could have been a PR instead of mafia: this is suspicious to me because the goal of a townie is to look for scum, not PRs. Her additional response of "that too" also does not work in her favor after I add in the part about Sooh's slot being mafia.

Additionally, saying that Sooh could have a PR is blatant role fishing and it was suspicious that since her post she backtracked and reworded her meaning that special roles included mafia? Next, scum reading everyone fosing/voting her (Sooh, Lessa, RTE) even though she says she understands why I jumped on her post in the first place.

Here, some reads:

Knowing that I'm Town, this is what I read so far.

Based solely on her confidence, activity and straightforward arguments (I've not felt she's been pushing anything odd, or jumping to anyone's defense), I would venture a sturdy guess that Laine is Town.

I really want to like Kronos for his defense of me, but he could so easily be Scum playing for Town brownie points. As soon as I'm lynched, and you see that I am indeed Town, he can ride in and say "See, I told you!"

BFG has me confused so far, but I'm going to go back and read again.

I don't particularly feel like Dice is building up to a vote, more that he's just trying to get answers and being an offensive player, but we'll see what he says today.

Others, I have no idea.

Later, re:Dice

I really don't know who to vote for. I found Dice to be more defensive when questioned, but I don't know if he's always like that.

I just want to quote this series of posts at EOD 1, in the light that Dice flipped mafia. This was before Cairos voted Dice, and then Lessa evened out the vote on RTE::

We need people to vote though. I'm with BFG and don't want to move mine.

I don't want to be a deciding vote on a guess, though.

Lessa, Cairos, and Taborline are all here and haven't voted.

Any chance at least one is scum?

D2/3

Her posts here and here are very different from how she was d1. Help in the mafia QT? At the EOD she was unsure of her vote and wouldn't vote either way, until Cairos and Lessa came in and tilted/evened out the trains again. Then start of D1 and suddenly she's got a strong read on RTE and talks though the events of d1.

Her reads end up like so:

Most likely Town: RTE, Sooh, BFG

Suspicious Scum: WBK, Clov, Lessa

And she places her vote on Lessa. @Tab: at this point, what were your reads on the other players? You seem to be missing out Razen, Hally, Alanna, and Rhea. Was there a reason for this?

Also, why did you believe Raz's vote on Dice could be scummy? This post

Doesn't like Hally's posts after Sooh's suggestions, wants to know why the switch on RTE. Which is odd for me, being that Tabor never took a stance on RTE d1 to begin with. Haven't seen much from her since she just kind of went with the flow on the Hally sus, so I'm not sure what to think of that yet. Feels like mafia laying low now that she's not under suspicion, as opposed to town trying to figure out the game.

**Interactions with Dice: I remember D1 disagreeing with BFG that Dice was leading up to vote Taborline. His wording lead me more to believe that he was waffling on how he should be reading her, especially adding in the noob card for her and debating how that should be weighed for/against her favor.  Being that he DIDN'T vote Taborline and went with no lynch instead doesn't look good for Taborline here.

Also, I'm sorry Clov, I don't hate you. :wub: But obviously I'm going to [unvote] [v]Taborline[/v] at this point, just looking over her ISO. I still need to ISO Hally though and see if that train looks legit. I would appreciate some answers from both Rhea and Taborline from my above post please, though.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Hallia (4): Razen, RTE, Kronos, Sooh
Rhea (1): Hallia
Taborline (2): Clov, Laine

Not voting (2): Taborline, Rhea

ISO Hallia. I haven't included all posts. Just the ones I deemed relevant. Has to be cut in half because DM...

Catching up, through page 20

thought it was kinda null really. Clovs vote didnt have anything that was making it obvious that it was a joke so asking is fair enuff imo. especially coming from someone that is basically a noob

Meh. I'll play nice for now then. :dry:

This immediate backing down I don't like to see from Laine.  Even for a newer player, or someone she doesn't really know, I have not seen a Laine go easy on someone.

And you've played with me Laine. We were in Star Wars for all of 24 hours together or something. I tried to lynch you over the godfather and got wrecked at night :p

Oh dang you're right. Yeah you died real quick. Not enough of a sample to know you in a game though

Oh I checked in and reacted alright!

Although, saying it was a "reaction test" is a little much

Test sounds so official! More of a nudge, and I liked your response, so I moved on

Fair enough, I will accept this.

Alright - I'm here - sorry - this week is kinda rough for me with the job change - I'll do my best to keep up.

I get the feeling of town going after town on most of the active people right now - just a hunch mostly.

:wub:  Just have fun Souvra.

*snip*

That being said, based on numbers if I had to guess I would say at most only one of the active posters is scum. Hope this game sorta wakes up soon (although nice not to have missed much).

Ewwwwwwwwwwww.  I don't like this.

Through 22

*snip*

aaand then the game got serious...

Joke votes are joke votes. I never know how to gauge those reactions anyway, unless they are blatantly freaked out. I find it more interesting how much people are willing to read into those reactions. Reaching for straws isn't all that great, but in the beginning that's all we have. 

RTE comes in, seemingly like me, and comments little on the current game and more on the chitchat that has been going on. I guess it's just early thread stuff. He may not have found much to comment on. Better posts later though. Good content wise in terms of getting good reads. 

Laine and BFG reads as town vs. town to me. 

Taborline hasn't had much game related to bring up yet, but I hope that'll change. At least if she's town. If not, carry on :tongue:

Clov seems to be reaching for nitpicky things to bring up. Not entirely sure what that means in terms of his alignment, but I'm probably going to need a little while to read him properly.

Not commenting on Dice yet, because I don't know what to think. I see RTE is finding his interactions to be possibly scummy, but I'm not really there. 

The rest I have no opinion on yet. 

I rather like your reads, and can kinda see where they're coming from.

@ Kronos - I picked Taborline because I wanted to see a reaction.  I hadn't seen anything off putting from the way she handled it.  When I woke up this morning though and took an initial read through what's happened since I fell asleep (and thankfully I'm not sick anymore!), I think it's interesting to consider that she's the first to question the reasons that Sooh might have taken over for Jagen.  There could be a number of reasons for the switch, not all of which are related to the game.  Also don't like that she kind of went rolefishing there too in putting out that thought - the part in green.

I'm also not liking the part Laine tacked on.  Seems like an easy way to throw suspicion on Sooh for something she had no control over.  Even if it's just a theory adding to what Taborline had said earlier.

Good morning!

And welcome, Sooh! I hate balloons too, they're the spawn of the Devil.

Why did Jagen leave us? Normally I would wonder if it's not because they had a special role, and therefore Sooh has it too, otherwise why quit so quickly? If you're vanilla town, you could just ride it out, check in from time to time, but if you needed to be active then you might throw in the towel right away knowing it's not fair to whichever team you're on.

Sometimes being scum in your first game is intimidating

Agree on the role-fishing.

The reason I mentioned subbing out scum is because Taborline DIDN'T mention it. Why go straight to PR and not to scum? Why would having a PR be any more/less intimidating than rolling scum?

[unvote][v]Taborline[/v]

I did not catch this, but I'm glad you did, and I like et.

I'm totes gonna make everything a huge deal. I'm going to overreact to everything, BFG is going to nitpick, Sooh is going to be helpful, and Clov is gonna be Clov. At some point in the game Razen and/or Dice will try to lynch me after Clov creates a case on me out of nothing and I judge him harshly.

Oh wait, Hallia's in this game? If Hallia gets too friendly, she's probably scum.

Right now her joke:serious ratio is good.

I can't help that I love jokes XD

I like this except the part about Clov being Clov, didn't you say that you didn't really know how he played?

I think Tambourline's blunder is a noob one, and one very indicative of her noobness at mafia and nothing else. I will be looking closely at people who take the opportunity to build a train on her based on it. 

I'm not so sure.  I'll be looking at YOU closely. :wink:

This is early D1. Hallia seems to be unsure of Laine and directly suspicious of RTE. 

H'ok.

I think Tambourline's blunder is a noob one, and one very indicative of her noobness at mafia and nothing else. I will be looking closely at people who take the opportunity to build a train on her based on it. 

While I agree with the thought of Taborline's reaction as a noob blunder. I can't help but feel that RTE is doing a bit of defending (or maybe deflecting) here (bold and underlined). Taking note of that. Just notes, hunches, and gut feelings are all Iv'e got right now! 

I love your hunches, mentor of mine! :wub:

Few people conspicuously absent; Hallia amongst them

Odd that you picked me out, especially when I, I think on this very page right above, said that work was nuts and that I would be catching up at home.  

I've seen a lot of things I agree with being said so far.

My thoughts on people:

Taborline: New player making new player mistakes - nothing to be ashamed of, but I'm not buying she's scum yet.

Clov: Actually trying to find scum IMO - town lean

Laine: Similar to Clov - probably the most active and trying to do the most work. Town Lean

RTE: I'm with Clov here - his defense of Tabor makes sense, but his remark seems opportunistic yet he's unwilling to make a vote - leaning scum here

Hallia: Laine's got her meta down (<3 souvra)

Jagen/Sooh: as one who has left games for many reasons - this is by no means indicative of alignment - Jagen's reasons are her own - null because not enough to go on

Everyone else I'm pretty null on.

I feel good putting a vote on [v]RTE][/v] right now

You don't play that often, and I've seen you sub because it gets too nuts, but I am liking your play this game, your reads don't feel bad to me, and I am willing to join you on RTE.  Could be scum defending a teammate, could be scum white-knighting a new townie, either way...

Vote: RTE

Pardon, Razen? Joining someone on a lynch is not sheeping. I agree with points that him and others made, and posted content of my own expressing my dislike for things RTE had said.

In light of what posts I've made since my last?

I like WBK's reads so far, as well as Soohs.  They're coming off as townish to me, along with Laine, BFG, and Clov.

You're my scum for the moment.

This is where she votes RTE. At the time, because she quoted Kronos at the time of her vote, it looked like she was sheeping Kronos. Her only two comments to RTE before this in her catch up was "Ewwww" for the post he had about some of the top posters possibly being scum, and a jokingly " and I will be looking more closely at you!" back to him when he said he would look closely at those voting Taborline. 

I still think her case against RTE was super weak. She simply adopted other people's views on him and seemed to not give him much thought herself. 

Eh, Dice is defensive both ways

Eh, Dice is defensive both ways

Do you still find RTE more suspicious than Dice?

This is 15 mins before EOD1. She commented on Dice being defensive regardless alignment, but never responded to my question that came in one minute after her post. To me this looks like soft defending a team mate. 

Cont. 

We have until tomorrow to finish moving everything out of/cleaning our old apartment, so I was scarce after work today, catching up.

I do think that the chances of RTE being scum are now very very low.  I am also glad that a Dice is dead and scum, because I have a terrible time reading him.

I'm sorry, truly sorry I haven't been here.  Keys have been turned in so I'm officially done!

I've been trying to keep up on my cell at least to follow along at work.  

Rhea makes me nervous due the thinking right up there:

Originally you implied RTE was mafia and that Lessa was probably a team mate voting for "cleaning" (my words). It makes sense to have them as strong candidates

If you don't follow that theory, I would expect at least one of them should be higher

I think that all depends on if Lessa is lynched today and how she flips. I don't know where RTE is going to fall in my lineup after that TBH. 

With the way last day phase went down, trying to cast doubt on RTE is not a good look.

Lays off RTE completely. Starts saying Rhea makes her nervous. 

Meh.  Not really anyone on that seems interested in moving, and it appears this is just a foregone formality

Vote: Lessa

20-ish minutes before EOD2 there's this vote on Lessa, who hasn't been mentioned before in Hallia's posts. This pings me a little. She says later in a post that she wanted to make a definite stand. A definite stand on Lessa who she hasn't talked about at all? I agree that it's a bit weird for scum to join in a town lynch like that all the way at the end, but isn't that sort of scum's job too? To blend in? 

My business is over thank Jeebus.

With the Seer death, I really think we should all do a reread and try to deduce peeks, I'm going through right now.

In the meantime, I'm going to go with what I think we should've done yesterday and

Vote: Rhea

@Kronos - It was towards End of Phase that I was able to post, I brought it up, but there was clearly not enough people on to either A. Make that happen or B. Agree with me in the first place

Up through page 20, BFG mainly speaks to Laine and Clov.  From the feel I get in those posts, if there was a peek in there it would be Clov.  She seems to want to make herself clear where he's concerned, which kind of makes me feel that she specifically cared whether or not he was townreading her.  Her back and forth with Laine doesn't make me feel that she could've been the N0 peek up to that point.  She also specifically mentions Rhea, asking if anyone had ever played with her before.  It makes me wonder, but I don't feel that is a peek.

Spoilering quotes 

Fair enough, I want to say that early involvement in game related stuff is probably a good look for you? (and hopefully Clov?)

I'm just curious Alannalyn.

You seemed shocked by the vote. Just a strange reaction.
[v]Hallia[/v]

I thought so too, but I think it's because it sounded like a fake reaction, rather than just being completely blown away by it.

Yeah that's kinda what I was getting at... kinda knee jerk like he's surprised to get a vote but doesn't know how to play it off?

Lol why you voting for me Clov!

This post (and the follow up with Dice, and the 'play nice' or similar comment following Dice's null reaction) suggest that she was finding it scummy. I appreciate this post comes a couple of posts after the vote on Hallia, but Cairos doesn't post inbetween (although he does before she talks to Dice).

The follow up on your vote looks good for early game play; the vote on Hallia (which I assumed to be a joke? (although I think it was a reaction fish now)) goes back to the fluff phase. The two in the same post looked odd together, hence the question.

Above was for Clov

MQ on phone is hard

In general I thought Laine looked 'good' for her quick jumps on your kickstarter vote and subsequent follow ups. But Laine's sequence read (past tense) a little awkwardly; Questions Cairos (game play) -> finds him suspicious (game play) -> Votes Hallia as a joke (fluff) INSTEAD of the person she found suspicious -> Questions Dice about Cairos (game play) -> backs off Cairos (game play) -> Votes Dice (fluff).

Her explanation sort of explains the vote, suggests that the vote on Hallia wasn't entirely a joke, and the sequence makes more sense. Hence asking the question :)

I ~don't have a strong read on anybody at this point, but some nulls are organising themselves. Laine is probably at the town end of null, the sequence read/reads a little oddly but I don't think Mafia!Laine joins in so quickly at the start of game with 'positive' game play. Read in progress?

@Clov - Because I wanted to take a definite stand.  Yes, I could've stayed off of it, but I didn't want to.

Continuing on, up to page 30.

Wondering if Tabor is too scummy to be mafia, but the last time I thought that Eldrick flipped mafia  :dry: she needs to explain what she meant originally.

This makes me doubtful that Tab was her peek.

[unvote]

I don't know what to do.

Be strong, confident Town!Laine

please?

And I'm back to feeling like it could've been Laine.

First ISO if I have time.

fwiw I don't think Tabor's the way to go today(!) First post when she said 'special roles' she used VT separately, so it's possible that she did have goons on her mind as well as the cop. I have issues with the 'that too' part but meh. Her vote analysis seemed reasonable, and the hedging at the end didn't seem overly scummily motivated imo, the 'effed up' sounded genuine (bearing in mind I am genuinely BAD at reading peoples intentions mumbles something about Laine ATEing Zander)

And this makes me feel like it could have been Tab she viewed.  

RTE ISO:

wasn't present much during N0, so can't compare tone

(+) null on Cairos 'reaction' this is close to how I feel about it
(+) Laine/Sooh town, Clov/Dice nothing unusual I like easily given reads (- although there's actually only 2 reads there, the Clov/Dice comment is a bit nullish)
+ Like the humour
(+) Dice 'strongest' mafia lean amongst the high posters
+/- Tabor's blunder is noob, will look at people jumping on
- comments on Dice's asking him a question when he didn't... But IGNORES everything else that I said.
+ I like his explanation on his position on Tabor why is that analysis bad?
+/- Votes Rhea for playing safe
+/- Top 3 suspects are Rhea/Lessa/Dice thinks Lessa's vote was a mafia vote on an easy train.
+ Voting Rhea isn't great for avoiding lynch, but strongest hunch right now. Will move to Lessa if she becomes a competing train.
+/- Don't need to use meta to see Dice was building up to a Tabor vote Fair point - the meta isn't that he was building up to a vote, more the way he was building up to a vote reminded me more of Mafia!Dice than Town!Dice
+/- further defence of Tabor
- top posters comment was to start conversation meh, I think in his last game as mafia the entire team was in the bottom posters, so this looks badish
+ suspicious of people who pop in and don't back stuff up (Rhea) or people who vote without much reason behind it (WBK). Hard to single out the latter on Day 1 Why WBK, he wasn't in RTE's list
+/- burned with noob passes
+/- 'No lynch' town or mafia Dice not sure it's alignment indicative either way, tone to me could be town
+ explanation of Dice read - interactions with Clov meh that bit was sort of neutral to me, but I'd played that game so knew what he was referring to with the initial post. I didn't get what Clov was talking about either and Tabor fiasco and no lynch vote lol, I think you know my opinion here

RTE sounds relaxed on thread but has been playing long enough for this to be a null tell. I remember him fooling me as mafia, despite being seemingly obvious to everyone else playing  :dry: and having good instincts as town  :dry:

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Taborline (2): Laine, Lessa
RTE (3): Clov, Kronos, Hallia
Lessa (1): Razen

Not Voting (7): Taborline, BFG, RTE, Rhea, Sooh, Cairos, Dice

Deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday, July 29 at 9:00 AM MST:
http://www.timeandda...t=cursive&csz=1

8-1/2 HOURS UNTIL DEADLINE

This was the VC just before his vote and I kinda like that it was on Rhea as opposed to Lessa, although I have both Rhea and Lessa as null right now (need to pay more attention). There is an issue with follow up as noted below.

I'm assuming that the reason he said he'd switch to Lessa and not Dice is because Dice had no votes at the time?

I don't particularly like that he ignored my case on Dice (I don't particularly like being ignored) but it's not a big deal.

In fact his read on Dice looks a little odd; starts off as nothing unusual from the Clov/Dice early interaction, but also thinks he looks bad from it? I can sort of see a progression here and think key is in context, but would like further explanation?

The only thing that stands out is the initial defence of Tabor. It seemed quite abrupt. I also don't like that he hasn't seemingly followed this up; He doesn't like Lessa (because of the vote on Tabor) he's voting Rhea because she took 'note' of his defence of Tabor but didn't vote.

Doesn't seem concerned by his impending lynch, that's probably townie of him?

Quick ISO from ME2 - Mafia!RTE in that game was a LOT fluffier at the start of thread (could just be that he missed it this game /shrug). Interestingly made a similar post about noob passes and being burned. Got caught up in a tristing words/semantics argument with Zander that lead to his lynch. Had a decisive tone when voting Zander and casing. Slipped by calling Zander vig and wanting to lynch him anyway  :laugh: defended himself, but didn't seem overtly concerned by the impending lynch there either.

(Was fluffy in Cliche as well, but nature of the game makes meta unusable from it)

Quick ISO from Pokemon - Town!RTE started straight in with game content, sounded annoyed when people misread him...

At the moment I want to say town due to the level of content BUT I don't think he's having fun the way he was in Pokemon and I don't see the same confidence that people should be reading him town, or frustration that they're not (I'd expect some response to Hallia at the least here), so it's not a confident read.

So that was useful  :dry: At the moment I still want my vote on Dice, but I'm happy to hear what other people have to say on RTE

I don't feel that RTE was a peek for N0 due to this post.

Clov - I 'liked' his early vote as a 'kickstarter' CairOs was probably the perfect choice, I don't think they know each other outside of this, so couldn't be confused as a  :wub: vote, Cairos was posting at the time so was around to react straight away... I don't understand his 'blown away'(?) comment. At the moment I'm torn between liking his prodding of lots of people, but not really agreeing with any of them, problem being that the game has been pretty quiet. I sort of feel that he's being cautious and I don't feel confident calling him town yet although I don't want to call him mafia either.

Laine is pinging me a fair bit, but mostly all in good ways. I think mafia!Laine is a bit more self conscious so pings less, she jumped in as soon as Clov opened the door which is different to her last game as mafia. Still need more time to be sure. Razen's made a good point about her vote, but I still feel 'good'? about our quote war.

Cairos - disagree with the majority I liked his reaction to Clov's vote and Laines prods, was townie imo. Hope he has chance to get into it tomorrow

RTE is a lot more content driven then his recent mafia games and more reserved (less frustrated) than his recent town games. Really hard to call this but I want to say town. I don't see the lynch swinging elsewhere at this point, so if he flips town I'll be looking at his bottom 3 more closely, I think his instincts are good enough for one or more to be mafia.

Tabor - really don't like the 'that too' but her posts since have seemed reasonable.

Dice is my strongest bet for mafia at the moment, already covered. Dice will become more obvious with time. If he ever starts to post without impact lynch him immediately (he's not at that stage yet)

Razen - Not sure I covered this; thing I was asking about was Razens post when he seemed to be agreeing with Clov that Cairos reaction was bad and Dice that it was null. Could be flu medicine, posts since have made sense. Am really, really liking the fluidity of his reads (case in point last post on Laine).

Rhea - drew initial interest because she was lurking during early game play, posted fluff during the initial Cairos debate, posts since have been relaxed but I haven't payed enough attention to content.

I feel like I should have reads on Hallia and Sooh, but I don't really yet (sorry)

Mostly null on everyone else atm.

And up to here it could be a town peek on Laine, Clov, Tab or even a scum peek on Dice.

Her D3 consists of voting Rhea and looking for people who are SHC. She has put a lot of thought into that, and not nearly enough in my opinion on showing why Rhea is suspicious. The only case she seems to have on Rhea was that she looked suspicious for thinking there was still a chance RTE was mafia. 

There are still a few hours left in the Day, and I do hope she comes back to clear things up. Until then though, I'm happy with my vote. 

Hallia:
D1: Original plus on her response to my vote, calls me out for backing down on Tab, didn't like RTE's pointing out that one of the active posters is scum

Here Likes Sooh's reads (RTE good content, Laine/BFG t/t interaction, Tab not a lot of game content, Clov nitpicky but needs time to read, nothing on Dice but not there yet with RTE finding Dice scummy); likes my comment on the role-fishing and PR/scum thing irt Taborline; (to RTE) not sure if Tab's blunder was from newness or not, says she'll be watching RTE.
@Hally: right here, were you sitting the fence on Taborline or did/do you have an opinion either way?

This post here  She says she likes Rhea's hunches (this is in reference to Rhea calling out RTE for his defending of Taborline and "looking closely at those who vote her" -- This is confusing to me because in the last post of hers with the "I'm not so sure" it felt like she was leaning toward Tab's actions being scummy, but here it feels like she's equally agreeing with Rhea's notion that RTE is scummy for defending Taborline. She subsequently agrees with Kronos' case on RTE and votes him with "Could be scum defending a teammate, could be scum white-knighting a new townie, either way..."
@Hally Is RTE the type to openly protect a teammate, bus them, or spread the suspicion around?

Says she's liking Kronos' reads so far, as well as Sooh's. Alanna, BFG, and Clov are also coming off as town. RTE is her single scum. Where is Taborline on this list?

Soft defense of Dice "Dice is defensive both ways" this was 14 minutes before DL and her vote is on RTE, this would be after Taborline states that Dice became more defensive when questioned and she wasn't sure if he was always like that. At this point, I can feel a team between Hally/Tab/Dice a little bit, I don't think that's very farfetched.

D2
This post

We have until tomorrow to finish moving everything out of/cleaning our old apartment, so I was scarce after work today, catching up.

I do think that the chances of RTE being scum are now very very low.  I am also glad that a Dice is dead and scum, because I have a terrible time reading him.

EW. This post seems really innocent, but she's clearing RTE saying he's not scum now. Assuming that you possibly thought Taborline was scum with RTE d1 or that he was white-knighting her as scum, you're not really following up with that at this point, but she's suspicious of Rhea and okay with a CFD there. Eventually she drops an unnecessary vote on Lessa.

D3:

With the Seer death, I really think we should all do a reread and try to deduce peeks, I'm going through right now.
In the meantime, I'm going to go with what I think we should've done yesterday and

Okay, she did state her intention to vote Rhea yesterday, that's for sure. But I don't see why she didn't push it if she were town, especially being that Lessa was getting lynched regardless. Also, why she didn't follow up on a read of Taborline (independent of RTE), which I'm finding fishy. I stopped pushing Taborline for a while and her lynch has yet to gain any traction. That Hally was even SOMEWHAT suspicious of Taborline d1 is fishy to me because she hasn't brought it up since.

What's getting me though is WHY did she vote Lessa unless she really thought she was scum. That is a townie thing to do, imo, not a scummy thing. If she were scum, she would know that Lessa would flip town. If she were scum, she might have gained town credit for being one of the only people looking in a different direction from a townie lynch. I just don't see a situation here that makes sense with her being mafia and making that vote on the Lessa lynch. This is probably the only point in her favor, yet it's the reason that some people are voting her?

Last posts are trying to determine BFG's peeks: no conclusion.
Spoilered are the votes on Hally thus far:  (potential questions for Razen, RTE, Kronos, Sooh inside)

Two observations -

@ Rhea - What do you think about where RTE sits after Lessa's town flip?

I'm sorry, truly sorry I haven't been here.  Keys have been turned in so I'm officially done!

I've been trying to keep up on my cell at least to follow along at work.  

Rhea makes me nervous due the thinking right up there:

Originally you implied RTE was mafia and that Lessa was probably a team mate voting for "cleaning" (my words). It makes sense to have them as strong candidates

If you don't follow that theory, I would expect at least one of them should be higher

I think that all depends on if Lessa is lynched today and how she flips. I don't know where RTE is going to fall in my lineup after that TBH. 

With the way last day phase went down, trying to cast doubt on RTE is not a good look.

What does this mean?

And I don't like how Hallia pokes at Rhea here for trying to cast doubt on RTE, given how things have transpired since.  Day 1, his vote was all about self-preservation.  Not exactly the most pro-town motivation out there, if we look at it from the just the D1 perspective.  Hallia seems very certain that RTE is town, I wonder why that is?  She isn't the seer.  And now that we know that Lessa was not Dice's teammate, I think Lessa's vote on RTE should be looked at more positively than we did yesterday.

The top is a great question Razen, but I wish you had held off to ask it.  I was wondering the same based on her presenting both of them as viable mafia candidates yesterday... thought we would get more out of watching her interact with RTE before saying anything.

I'm not sure how I feel about the bottom.  We know Hallia's not the seer, but I could see her assuming that RTE is pretty much cleared after Dice's flip - she certainly wouldn't have been the only one treating him that way.  I think knowing Lessa wasn't deliberately evening out the trains to save Dice gives MORE plausibility to the case for RTE being mafia, but he's certainly not one of my top candidates.  Do you think he might be?

I don't think he is either, at least not yet.  I can see why that assumption would be made, at least on the surface.  It is a relatively small leap to take.  But I don't think a self-preservation vote, even on someone who ends up as mafia, should be enough to pretty much clear someone the way that Hallia has.  It reads to me like she knows that RTE is town and that she's trying to use that to put suspicion on Rhea.  It's also one of those "noting" style posts, bringing something up because it looks bad but never following up on it.

No problems with Razen here, I like his exchange in this post a lot, I think this is the cleanest reason of the four votes for Hallia

*votes Hally for acting like she knows RTE is town, in short

I think Taborline was a likely peek candidate and can see BFG having done that. That takes her out of my bottom at the moment.

Between Rhea and Hallia after yesterday I have a worse feeling about Hallia to be honest. Rhea has been here and trying. Not saying I agree with everything she has posted or like it, but Hallia I feel is more actively holding back. 

My feelings about the Lessa flip are largely what others have said, wish she fought for it more but not sure how much info it particularly gives us. 

I think Rhea and Hallia are the two best candidates today but I think Hallia's lack of play is more concerning of the two. Still wary of Kronos, but he's here and trying as well. Hallia's flip should cast light on his  alignment. Finding POE a bit tough to do so far here.

[v] Hallia [/v]

I still want an answer to what is in red. I want to know what you mean by this. It's really confusing me and I'm probably not going to like you later basing Kronos' alignment off of Hally's flip. Also, why is Rhea a good candidate for a lynch today?

*RTE voting Hally for lack of play

Blue: Deducing peeks is pointless.  Nobody was cleared by her and she didn't post what she'd found out.  I don't see the point in wasting energy trying to figure out who those peeks are when we will never know exactly who they were until the end of the game.  Not to mention the fact that people could come up with a different list of possible peeks.  It's already happened.

Green: So you're saying you would rather have voted Rhea than resolve what happened with Lessa yesterday?  You voted Lessa anyway - and your vote was not necessary either, it was clear that she was getting lynched.  I'm assuming that since you wanted to vote Rhea yesterday that she's your #1 scum read.  And yet you didn't vote there.

^quoted because I pretty much agree with all of the above

Hallia is really my top pick for today. Mostly because of her vote on Lessa and statement that Rhea seemed like the better choice.

[v]Hallia[/v]

Feeling comfortable on laine and clov. Unsure on rhea and razen.

*voting Hally because she didn't vote her #1 scum read

At this point I feel relatively comfortable with Laine and RTE. Clov is also fairly clear for me, though I'm not a fan of a Taborline lynch. 

I still find Hallia suspicious for being so uncommunicative(?). It's not really what I want to say, but it was the best word I could come up with. 

Kronos is not showing me enough what he thinks for me to town read him. I will agree that he reacts calmly when pushed though. 

[v]Hallia[/v]

My best lead at the moment.

Bold: Why are you not a fan of the Tab lynch?

Blue: I agree here, I'm not sure if that's overall good or bad though

*Sooh voting Hally for not communicating enough

Overall, I'm not entirely opposed to a Hallia lynch, but I'm getting caught up in that vote for Lessa, which doesn't make sense from a mafia standpoint. That and the fact that her train isn't entirely clean-looking to me... it feels like people are just going for an easy target and that bothers me a little. I don't know, I really want to hear more from Hally, especially if she's town

I was suddenly called by my dentist and had to run. Still here, Laine? If so I would love to discuss Hallia with you. I see we have some of the same points and you have noticed things I didn't. 

Archived