DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

Quoted for reference. 

-snip-

Laine:

Gonna cut up Dice's post ahead, jump back to see context (spoilered to cut down my wot and avoid confusion) 

Like this. Laine to be clear  are you insinuating Tab is scum or is this a general comment or is this an injoke?  Im reading it as the first

It was a general comment when I responded to Taborline, also to be considered a little snark for your reading pleasure. I noticed it was missing from her speculation because that was one of the first things I thought when I saw that Jagen had subbed out. Hence, why I didn't think Taborline's thought process was that of a town member.

I can vote you now and beat the rush if you really want me too....

No thanks on your vote offer. You should put your vote where your suspicion is. Unless I'm suspicious, then by all means.   :dry:

OOC RL story   my ex boss is named alanna  but she says it as al ANN a.  For nine months i was saying it never getting picked up on the fact I was saying it wrong. Then 3 days before she leaves she blasts me for it! go figure

Haha you probably deserved getting blasted; for the record, my name is pronounced like it's spelled Alaina.

Catching up, through page 20

thought it was kinda null really. Clovs vote didnt have anything that was making it obvious that it was a joke so asking is fair enuff imo. especially coming from someone that is basically a noob

Meh. I'll play nice for now then.   :dry:

This immediate backing down I don't like to see from Laine.  Even for a newer player, or someone she doesn't really know, I have not seen a Laine go easy on someone

*snip*

That being said, based on numbers if I had to guess I would say at most only one of the active posters is scum. Hope this game sorta wakes up soon (although nice not to have missed much).

Ewwwwwwwwwwww.  I don't like this.

Hally, I backed down there because Dice was right, and I'm going to trust his input this game. And I definitely am trying to play nice, or nicer than usual: this is the WT and there are newer players. I don't want to be rude in my SG and I don't want to scare people away. Doesn't mean I'm not going to treat mafia regulars all the same though   :laugh:

I agree on the "EWW" It's the "at most only one" part that bothers me the most. Like, what? Why only one RTE? Activity depends on the player, not on the alignment.

My top three scum suspects at the moment are Rhea, Lessa, and Dice FWIW. While I understand when Clov said voting Taborline wouldn't give Lessa credit, I think it was a lazy scum vote on what she thought was an easy train. She says she didn't see the earlier vote but I think regardless she thought it was a safe time to vote and that's why she did so easily.

Reminder to look back at this.

Also, why Dice? I can see Rhea for popping in and out and for the post you quoted of Clov's, and Lessa for what is red, but Dice? I'm getting a town Dice this game

Top town for me: Dice, Clov, BFG

Bottom three.... Tab, RTE, Rhea?

Everyone else is  mixture of null/townish

The top is about the extent of her interaction with Dice, and I already highlighted what he said towards her.  There's hardly anything between the two of them, and then Laine comes out with Dice being her strongest town read?  I don't understand how she got there at all.

This was when Clov had gone through and looked at people on Day 2 after Dice's flip.  The reason I pulled it up was because of the interactions with both Dice and Hallia.  Clov purpled and underlined what I felt was weird about Laine's interaction regarding Dice.  I don't really like how she points out that she's going to trust Dice's input this game.  We all know how he flipped.  This part makes her look pretty bad.  But I think it's even more interesting taking Hallia's flip into account because Hallia had called her out for going easy on Taborline and giving her a new player card.  That interaction with Hallia feels pretty weird, honestly.  Even more so when you consider that Laine has been stuck on Taborline for the past couple of days.

I'm not done reading though.  This has me leaning more towards Laine at this point.  But I'm going to keep pushing on and see what other things I find on a reread.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the post that BFG originally started fosing Dice for, for his narrative

Good morning!

And welcome, Sooh! I hate balloons too, they're the spawn of the Devil.

Why did Jagen leave us? Normally I would wonder if it's not because they had a special role, and therefore Sooh has it too, otherwise why quit so quickly? If you're vanilla town, you could just ride it out, check in from time to time, but if you needed to be active then you might throw in the towel right away knowing it's not fair to whichever team you're on.

Really bad post. Was thinking of voting then realised she is new so decided to let it go esp as people all jumped on it

Good morning!

Why did Jagen leave us? Normally I would wonder if it's not because they had a special role, and therefore Sooh has it too, otherwise why quit so quickly? If you're vanilla town, you could just ride it out, check in from time to time, but if you needed to be active then you might throw in the towel right away knowing it's not fair to whichever team you're on.

Sometimes being scum in your first game is intimidating

Like this. Laine to be clear  are you insinuating Tab is scum or is this a general comment or is this an injoke?  Im reading it as the first

/snip

I think Tambourline's blunder is a noob one, and one very indicative of her noobness at mafia and nothing else. I will be looking closely at people who take the opportunity to build a train on her based on it. 

Defense of Tab noted  Fos noted as stinky. 

BFG how can it be either absurdly pro town or pro mafia? haha I feel like those are two extremes

Pro town because you try to draw attention away from the potential PR hunt, by focusing on the mafia side of it. Pro mafia because you're extending a conversation that could get 'dangerous'. Doubt you'd do something that risky as mafia though, so leaning town (bolstered from yesterday)
I guess that makes sense. But that's also not what bothers me. In a game where we're hunting for scum, why not mention scum and why say "special roles"? It's not necessarily the fishing that's bothering me, but her leaving out what should be the focus of a town member (finding scum).

Because I'm new to this game here and "Special Roles" is the term we use on my other forum as an all-encompassing term, that was all that was about.

You know how above I let her have some rope cause shes a noob? I think the noob card just got torn up. @Taborline  have you played mafia on other sites before this?

Were you asking me to explain, BFG? The only reason I brought it up was that it seemed like a clue, something to take into account as we move forward. And there being more scum than special town roles, that could be even more of a hint.

Lol ok. Why did you draw attention to the other potential PR when Laine said about mafia goons?
When I said about not wanting to lynch someone who was potentially the good role? Just as another side of why it would be interesting to know that Sooh had something, it can be beneficial for town as well.
BFG is right about this. Unless you thought town!Sooh was going to be mislynched, there's no benefit to town to outing her role (be it vanilla OR cop)

I wasn't trying to out her as a cop, I was trying to out her as possible scum (but mentioning that we should be careful as she could be a special town).

Now backtracks

I want to hear answers to my Qs from RTE and Taborline please

I don't think I understand WHY he didn't vote her. To some extend the post feels fence sitty to me: He calls out the bad post that I had originally jumped on, asks if I was calling Tab scum, notes RTE defending Tab, gives up on the noob card, and comments on her back tracking. Why note all of this and still not vote her? Especially after noting defense from RTE. If she's town and he thinks she's acting scummy (regardless of noobness), then I'd think he would be voting her here. I would have definitely pushed that lynch through if he joined it, tbh.

Dice/Tab posts in between the ones I'm quoting:

Reading back when I first posted, and reading in the context of “special role” meaning only PR, Laine’s posts make good sense and I think she tried to pull me out well, to see if I was scum. My addition of “That too” does really look bad, and I don’t blame her for then jumping on me.

Sooh I can’t read, as the situation put her in a precarious position no matter what. I think I would have replied with what she did either way. Though her later saying I need to put myself out more is questionable, as I think I’ve sabotaged myself enough!

I could possibly see Lessa as getting in there to help the case, but really it’s such a bad mistake that it could go either way. 

RTE could be going for town cred - especially as if he IS scum, he knows I’m town and this is a really easy kill for them. 

They could all be scum and be reading from scripts in this situation.

I'm confused by what you mean about a mistake, or what the mistake you're referring to is.  If I'm understanding you correctly, you've not got an opinion either way on Lessa yet?  Looking at the votes up to this point, hers is the one that I think was the most opportunistic. 

But I also don't like the way you've tied them all together.  I think you've made good points about all of them, but the last sentence is what throws me.  I just don't like the way that you've categorized all of them as possibly being scum for making points against you.

I'm referring to my mistake of seeing the sub as important, or at least mentioning its importance.

I was leaning on Lessa in that statement, saying my mistake was really bad, but that of those who replied after me, she was the most suss.

My last statement was just to say that at this point, they could all be bad and just playing off of a set play as they have a town who has implicated themselves so badly.

unvote  forgot to do it earlier

Taborline got an answer for me?

BFG

I forgot to put Laine down the bottom. Feel free to sue me. As for Taborline I said what i mean I want to hear from her. 

and if you are gonna type out my "narrative hows about you usae the correct words instead of your interpretation?  I dont care if she has votes. If I wanna vote her I will vote her. Thats it. What i want is an ANSWER from her. Is she or is she not a newbie? the answer decides how i read her.

you said this is the second time i was concerned....where was the first?

and what am i gonna ask RTE?  His FOS stinks and i noted that i think it stinks. Why would i ask anything?

im not gonna be here at DL  thats like 1am my time or something. Will be here a couple more hours but right now Im thinking no lynch actually. I have a couple people I think are good bets for town but thats it.  Im not getting why Lessa has ANY votes   think i missed something

(I highlighted the GREEN) The first part on Taborline feels like distancing, especially after that post that I had from above. He's basically gauging his vote on a response from Tab based on how new she is to the game. Feels like he wants to FOS her and keep her in suspicion without adding to her train.

The Lessa part is very sus, and after her last minute vote, it definitely adds to Lessa's case. (Though, being that Lessa was also on the Tab train with me, I think that her death would help solve Tab for me... I don't see both Lessa and Dice as mafia voting for a teammate together)

dammit i just lost everything!

BFG  I vote where and when i want. that vote is often controlled by my gut jumping at something that stands out to it. Here whats stood out more then anything is some people i think are town at this point.

i get lynched for being quiet on a regular basis. thing is im quiet TOWN as often as i am quiet MAFIA. It most often comes because nothing stood out for me to grab hold of.  Taborline stood out a little  but it didnt ping me like Laine did last game for eg. Then theres the fact that shes a noob apparently. Im not a complete bastard  i do try to give newbies a go.

first time you were concerned was when you didn't vote Cairos because Clov already was, important No. Indicative of a way of thinking, maybe.

vote clov  Bunyan told me to vote Cairos first and you messed it up!

hi folks!

this what ure talking about? its called a joke vote. You will notice I mentioned my Band warhorse? Well i was gonna vote Cairos cause Bunyan told me too initially.

ou're also being closed now; you have town reads/leans, but reading through your ISO I have no idea who; if I had to guess I'd say Laine and Cairos.

Has anybody asked?  and my leans are Laine and you actually.

He's giving her a noob pass now. She hadn't responded any further at this point, and ends up going to no lynch afterwards. Why not push a lynch through on a townie (OR EVEN VOTE RTE?! when you have the chance as scum?). The actions aren't really adding up to me. I want to solve Tab/RTE/Lessa. I think Lessa would shed light on both parties, actually.

The second part feels like easy consensus town reads to me, helps me feel even better on BFG.

This started out as a case on Tab and looking at Dice's reads, but I'm going to have to [v]Lessa[/v]

Yuck. This looks really bad because of the formatting, haha. But it doesn't distract from the point I want to make here. Even when she made a vote against Lessa, Laine pointed out that she had started to build a case on Taborline because of how Dice had interacted with her. Even here, before she had voted Taborline on D3 and D4, you can see that she's starting to get tunnel vision.

I think Taborline was a likely peek candidate and can see BFG having done that. That takes her out of my bottom at the moment.

Between Rhea and Hallia after yesterday I have a worse feeling about Hallia to be honest. Rhea has been here and trying. Not saying I agree with everything she has posted or like it, but Hallia I feel is more actively holding back. 

My feelings about the Lessa flip are largely what others have said, wish she fought for it more but not sure how much info it particularly gives us. 

I think Rhea and Hallia are the two best candidates today but I think Hallia's lack of play is more concerning of the two. Still wary of Kronos, but he's here and trying as well. Hallia's flip should cast light on his  alignment. Finding POE a bit tough to do so far here.

[v] Hallia [/v]

How does Hallia's alignment have anything to do with Kronos' alignment in the game. I can't particularly remember much from either of them so far, content wise, so I don't see what you're getting at?

/snip

I can almost feel BFG screaming at us from the dead thread about her peeks.

Anyways, I'm going to a party, I have to be home at midnight est anyways, so I should be bothering y'all again then.

But I dont think you are listening.

Kronos... I said in that post that if Lessa flipped mafia that Tab couldn't be mafia. Since Lessa flipped town, I'm still unsure about Taborline. I liked her interaction with BFG d2 and if ANYONE was her peek, I think it would be Tab, but since there's literally no solid evidence that Tabor was the peek, I'm sticking by my mafia read of Taborline. I don't see where that is backpedaling? lol

I don't think this makes sense. What doesn't make sense here? IF Dice was building up to vote Taborline like BFG suggested on D1, Lessa's vote was already on Tab, so there was no way that both mafia would be voting for a teammate. I, on the other hand did NOT believe that Dice was building up to vote Taborline at all, I believe he was giving himself an out, and he ended up voting No Lynch instead of either RTE or Taborline. Being that Lessa flipped town, there is still potential that Taborline is mafia. As for the peek business, more after the quote.

@Clov: I do have RTE as a town read now, but where did I say that I'm not still scum reading Taborline? I think her interactions d2 were better, but I think that on d1 was a scum slip, I also believe Dice was not going to vote her d1. From mafia!Dice, that is suspicious to me if she's town, because I was ready to push that lynch. Having Rhea/Hallia in my POE is nothing more than me reevaluating.

And yet you are focusing on me and Hallia as you PoE today?  :huh:

Kronos... I said in that post that if Lessa flipped mafia that Tab couldn't be mafia. Since Lessa flipped town, I'm still unsure about Taborline. I liked her interaction with BFG d2 and if ANYONE was her peek, I think it would be Tab, but since there's literally no solid evidence that Tabor was the peek, I'm sticking by my mafia read of Taborline. I don't see where that is backpedaling? lol

I don't get it...

Someone WAS her peek. Actually two someones. If you think that Taboo most certainly is a peek then you should probably go by that in my opinion.

I would wonder why scum would kill BFG if they didn't have an inkling she was the Seer, which lead me to believe there were hints in her posts. She wasn't pushing too hard on too many people (that I recall), so to get her so soon made me wonder if they're seeing something.

I like this interaction. I agree with Sooh, that BFG did have two peeks and she did give that info to us.

I'm assuming this is a case because I wont clear any peeks.. it's because we don't know 100% who BFG's peeks were, we cannot risk mis-clearing mafia. That is an extremely dangerous assumption to make. We can say who we THINK they were,but that's not going to help us in the long run because it cannot be confirmed. 

My POE currently is Kronos/Hallia, Tab, Rhea. In that order. The first two are at the edge of my poe and the bottom two are in it. That is bound to change of course, but I'm fairly confident that the remaining mafia are somewhere in this four unless we have someone deepwolfing it.

I Have no idea what he was responding to there. lol

Ugh, I need to use words better

Re Dice; so far his posting feels like he's building up to a vote on Tabor which reminds me of how he acted in ME2.

Meh not really feeling this one BFG, I don't see him building up to a vote, but trying to get clear information.

My top three scum suspects at the moment are Rhea, Lessa, and Dice FWIW. While I understand when Clov said voting Taborline wouldn't give Lessa credit, I think it was a lazy scum vote on what she thought was an easy train. She says she didn't see the earlier vote but I think regardless she thought it was a safe time to vote and that's why she did so easily.

Reminder to look back at this.

Also, why Dice? I can see Rhea for popping in and out and for the post you quoted of Clov's, and Lessa for what is red, but Dice? I'm getting a town Dice this game

Well...now we know Dice was Mafia and Lessa was town.

Why was it that you were getting a town read on Dice?

I know Clov has asked this too and it was more of a gut read- I wasn't really seeing him as scummy on d1. I know that isn't really a point in my favor, but that's how things happened. I also had a mafia read on Lessa and she flipped town.  So please, tell me why being wrong is bad?

Good luck on the exam, Cairos!

Vote: Taborline

Razen's was a throw away vote, pretty much nothing here, in the below spoiler, he states why he voted her (reactions) and left it sitting there for her rolefishing (see below)

@ Kronos - I picked Taborline because I wanted to see a reaction.  I hadn't seen anything off putting from the way she handled it.  When I woke up this morning though and took an initial read through what's happened since I fell asleep (and thankfully I'm not sick anymore!), I think it's interesting to consider that she's the first to question the reasons that Sooh might have taken over for Jagen.  There could be a number of reasons for the switch, not all of which are related to the game.  Also don't like that she kind of went rolefishing there too in putting out that thought - the part in green.

I'm also not liking the part Laine tacked on.  Seems like an easy way to throw suspicion on Sooh for something she had no control over.  Even if it's just a theory adding to what Taborline had said earlier.

Good morning!

Agree on the role-fishing.

The reason I mentioned subbing out scum is because Taborline DIDN'T mention it. Why go straight to PR and not to scum? Why would having a PR be any more/less intimidating than rolling scum?

[unvote][v]Taborline[/v]

My vote

For some reason my multiquote and quote buttons aren't working :sad:

Alanna will forever be AJ to me, mostly because when I started here that was her  nickname.

As for the interaction between BFG and AJ, it feels like a normal reaction from  2 townies nitpicking one another but I do think the quoting may have gotten out of hand a bit.

And though it's been stated already, Jagen could have had to drop out for family or medical reasons and it not have to do with anything game related. The fact Taborline immediately went for thinking it was possibly because of Jagen's role is scummy to me. Then by saying that if the role requires being active and that (Sooh) should throw in the towel now as it would be unfair to either team she's on. That adds to the feeling of scummy and it sounds like you're trying to get votes on someone who you see as a rival if you are scum.

So that being said,

Vote Taborline

Lessa's. And it really doesn't look like that bad of a vote. Considering Razen's came before any of this happened and I started applying pressure, I'm not sure I'm seeing the same problem with her vote here that some of you are.

You know who (BFG):

BFG how can it be either absurdly pro town or pro mafia? haha I feel like those are two extremes

Pro town because you try to draw attention away from the potential PR hunt, by focusing on the mafia side of it. Pro mafia because you're extending a conversation that could get 'dangerous'. Doubt you'd do something that risky as mafia though, so leaning town (bolstered from yesterday)
I just now saw this. You don't think I would... ? *disappointed* You're probably right.. I suck at mafia 
 I haven't played with you before but I'm thinking you would.
Let me tell you about me. I'm pretty straight forward when it comes to mafia. I don't try to set elaborate traps, I don't do crazy things, because I know they'll back fire on me and I have zero confidence in my ability to pull anything like that off. I say what I think and mean what I say. If you try to read into my words, you're going to get the wrong answer. Me saying I suck as mafia above is completely true, I snapped at Dice in the last game in an overreaction that led to me getting lynched and losing a vig shot for my team and we ultimately lost. I'm trying to be as clear town as I can this game and it's not working out in my favor. If I end up getting lynched for that and my sketchy reads, I'm going to fight all the way to the noose.

You trying to throw dirt on me saying you think that I would try to pull something off risky as mafia based on a post from our dead Seer (<3 BFG) who posted that in a more positive light (ie, me being town) looks pretty bad from where I'm standing. It's like a little jab not intended to implicate me, but to put doubt on my standing in the town. D1 and since I have done nothing but try to get conversation moving and people interacting and I want nothing more than to win this for the town.

Top town for me: Dice, Clov, BFG

Bottom three.... Tab, RTE, Rhea?

Everyone else is  mixture of null/townish

From what I got off BFGs posts to what two people she had town reads on, Tab and RTE should be pretty much in the clear now. You can ISO me today, that is fine. I'm clean, confused a lot, but clean.

What did you ebwop there BFG? haha I didn't see a difference... :unsure:

The mafia in top posters comment was for the sake of getting conversation going. I do stand by it though. Doubt the whole mafia team is among the non-posters, athough wouldn't be surprised if two are this early on.

Yeah, getting into it as mafia can be both difficult and easy, depending on the direction of the game.

We also have a few new/not frequent players here, so for them I would think it's even more difficult to get into the game as mafia.

especially since they have no day chat :)

*forgot about this, I need to take that into account when I read back through d1

Did you really? I'm starting to wonder.

The problem is that BFG also showed doubt in her reads of those same players. That means that we can't be sure they were her peeks.

As for the last part: yes, and that would have lined up with Lessa throwing her vote at RTE at the last minute. It also supports Taborline and Rhea being mafia because they did not vote end of d1 at all, implying that you did not have a clear cut plan with the rest of your mafia team of where your votes would go.

I think the formatting on this one is weird too. I think I might need to stop for a bit, because I don't want to hurt everyone's eyes. But I have one question based on this.

@ Laine - You had initially leant towards Taborline and Rhea in your bottom two when you posted this on Day 3. I'm assuming that you now find Taborline more scummy than Rhea? We know that both of them cannot be scum, because we have two of their flips. What draws you to Taborline over Rhea at this point? Because you had placed Rhea below Taborline when you posted this list.

Trying to read Clov, from D3 start.

From the start, not sure about peek. Says: “I'm comfortable saying it definitely was not me, Tabor, RTE, Hallia, or Sooh.  I would also GUESS it wasn't Laine.  Gun to my head, I would go with Cairos as the N0 just because everything she said about him was positive.”

Clov then backs up Razen, and says there’s no point pursuing the peek if it wasn’t 100% clear.

FSM this is difficult.  BFG, you know I think you're fantastic, but you did not do us any favors by tipping your peak.   :dry:

D1:

1. Clov
/a lot of effort to explain her posts/thougth process to me
/not on the same page as me, but agrees my point RTE's reaction was weird
+/comes back and says we're not really apart
+/liked my early kickstarter vote, likes my prodding, but -not confident calling me town yet
-worried I'm going to break her heart, I'm being cautious

2. Razen
/asked for expansion on him liking Dice's responses
+/posts have been making sense, ++"Am really, really liking the fluidity of his reads"

3. Laine
-Odd vote, questioned about her voting Hallia.  
+/Activity a good thing. 
-/Slight push for going back to fluffy. 
+/"Edging townward" after asking for lurkers to get active
/reaction was either incredibly pro-town OR pro-mafia
+asks her to be "strong, confident Town!Laine"
+/mostly ping in "good ways", but -still needs time to be sure

4. Taborline
--thinks Tabor possibly TWTBAW, but explains she had bad luck with that previouly
-/soft FOS for asking why she would bring up sooh might be cop
-/ISO'ed for exchange with sooh, but doesn't give conclusions
+/Tabor not the way to go today.  Points out issues with Tabor's explanation but makes it sem possible
-didn't like her "that too post", but +/posts seem reasonable

5. Hallia
/points out several people "conspicuously absent" but names Hallia specifically
-no read on her

6. RTE
+/humor, but maybe nto alignment indicative?
-points out RTE has Dice in bottom 3 but not commenting on BFG's case
-Suggest he could fool her, being relaxed is a null tell
--really big ISO on him
--"Actually RTE talk me through that again... You're voting Rhea because she ISN'T voting you??? What???"

8. Rhea
+/humor, but maybe not alignment indicative?
/posted fluff during initial debate. +/sounds relaxed but -/"haven't payed enough attention to content."

9. Sooh
+/says Sooh is right about not incriminating oneself as town
-no read on her

10. Cairos - Peeves the Poltergeist, vanilla town - killed N1
+/ asks him directly what he thought of my vote
+/ well wishes about exam, asks for thoughts
++disagrees with the majority about him, says he was townie and hopes he can get involved D2

11. Kronos
/excited when he came in thread?, asks who he wasn't feeling happy with

12. Lessa - Ron Weasley, vanilla town - lynched D2

If Tress didn't specifically state in the rules that N0 peeks would be randomized among VT's, I would actually guess that the peek was Dice.  I've excluded him because obviously he wasn't, but I really don't know.  I'm comfortable saying it definitely was not me, Tabor, RTE, Hallia, or Sooh.  I would also GUESS it wasn't Laine.  Gun to my head, I would go with Cairos as the N0 just because everything she said about him was positive.

This is a good, old-fashioned case of we as a town need to figure things out for ourselves.  BFG never stated who her peeks were, and I think that we're going on a wild goose chase trying to figure out who she had peeked.  We can debate that all day, we're never going to get the answer.

For me, it's a case of sifting through what's been posted and trying to figure out where to go from here.

Without having checked D2 yet, I think this might be the best option.  I'm still going to take a look over her more recent posts so see if I can't figure something out, though.  If we can find one clear peek, that could be a huge advantage.

If they're not clear, then there's no point.

So you don't think that post is the peek, Clov? You don't think her "relatively confident" comment is relevant?

I'm still going back over the thread, at least back to EOD 1 to see, but if I was to guess I would say those two were peeks. It would make sense for her N1 to be one of those two. I would have to go back further to see who might have been her N0, but did she ever vote RTE?

Based on her interactions with them from D1, I can't see either of them being a N0 peek.  She's an experienced player and obviously played an incredibly strong game - I doubt that she would put two peeks at the same level of confidence as two unpeeked players, especially when saying they're only "likely town".  The fact she put the two of them separate by saying she needs to review you and Razen gives it more credit IMO, but I'm not confident enough on it to lock those peeks in.

Bold - Tab wouldn't have been a bad peek, but there's no RTE could be a N1 peek.  Who cops the counterwagon to a successful mafia lynch?

I agree, it would be nice to have something 100% clear, but why would she do that and get herself even more killed than she already is? I think she gave us an 80% hint, and covered her tracks a bit for her own safety (which didn’t work out). Is there specific language that someone normally uses to get their point across? 

If anybody is feeling highly confident about somebody's chances to be peeked, I'm all ears, but I can't make heads or tails out of it.  I think there's an argument to be made for just about everybody left in the game, and there's something you can argue that suggests they weren't the peek.   I know if I'm the cop and get an innocent viewing of somebody, I'm never saying something like "<whoever> could be in my POE" or "I think <somebody> is a good place to look today", but I'm prepared how BFG would (or would not) put her peeks out there.

Ah, okay, so strike that last question. 

-RTE first began pushing Lessa as a suspect about six hours before deadline on D1, along with Dice and Rhea, because he felt she had a lazy vote.  He said that he would be willing to move to her if she emerged as a candidate.  He named her again about a half hour before deadline while saying that Dice was the bottom candidate he was least sure of.  I would feel better about RTE if he actually tried to swing the vote towards her, but she wasn't really viable for his preservation, and his vote did help seal a lynch on mafia.  

D2 he still had her as a suspect, so that's a good sign.  He didn't really seem to look at much beyond her, but if she was one of his stronger candidates BEFORE the EoD vote, I can't really fault him for moving on her early.  I'm relatively comfortable this was a genuine read.

-Razen called Lessa's vote opportunistic on the 28th and questioned Taborline for not having any opinion on her.  After a back-and-forth with Tabor about it, says that Lessa is the one most likely to be trying to find town cred.  He unvotes (not sure who it was on at the time...maybe Tabor?) and switches to Lessa.  Lists Lessa as one of his bottom scum reads an hour before D1 dl, along with Dice, while townreading RTE.  This was before the Dice train took off and RTE was sitting in the lead.  This post was probably the most anybody said about Lessa day one, and he came in early after the start of Day 2 with this post.   

Considering the bold, Razen would have to be completely deepwolfing it.

-Laine says that she can understand RTE reading Lessa (along with Rhea) as mafia but opposes his scumread of Dice on the 29th.  Shortly after, she reviews Lessa's vote on Taborline and says it doesn't look so bad.  Beginning D2, she says that Lessa is the worst looking from the RTE train and needs pressure.  Had RTE/Tab/Lessa as her bottom three beginning D2 and said several times that she would like the three of them resolved.  

That's not too bad IMO, and it would have been incredibly more suspicious if she had started with RTE, but now she's nominating Rhea and Hallia as the wagons for today.  Given her interactions with Dice and her sudden dropping of RTE and Tab - even with Lessa flipping town - I'm not liking her at all right now.

This post makes a good point about Laine. The fact that she has now circled back to a vote on me might be a response to this? I'm not sure I see that in Laine's favour.

[v]Laine[/v]

A red flip from Lessa would have cleared Taborline and RTE for her.  Obviously that didn't happen, and now she's calling for competing wagons on Rhea/Hallia.  And then she had this today.  

@Clov: I do have RTE as a town read now, but where did I say that I'm not still scum reading Taborline? I think her interactions d2 were better, but I think that on d1 was a scum slip, I also believe Dice was not going to vote her d1. From mafia!Dice, that is suspicious to me if she's town, because I was ready to push that lynch. Having Rhea/Hallia in my POE is nothing more than me reevaluating. 

Think about the implications of the bold.  She's saying Taborline scumslipped.  In other words, she admitted to being mafia.  Maybe Laine was planning on getting wagons going and then trying to start a CFD on Tabor after we got some discussion going, but she's not driving discussion about Tabor at this point.  If you're going to do competing wagons for reactions/spew, how do you NOT nominate somebody you think outed themselves as scum as one of the competing wagons?

For this reason. 

@Rhea:

RED: I disagree, there was still language that was still confusing: read my post HERE

BLUE: ??? What would you rather me say? lol

Purple: I can link people how ever I like.. see below:

Okay, so here's the thing. Those on the Dice lynch look pretty dang good. The train was fast and the team had no chance to talk about where their votes should go, and that's beside the fact that RTE was tied with Dice. This is my town pile: Sooh, RTE, Razen, Cairos

Those off of the Dice train: Clov, Kronos, Hally, Alanna, Tab, Rhea

I know I'm town, I'm getting a town lean from Clov.

That puts my POE at

Kronos, who I don't feel like I've gotten enough information on

Hallia who has been pretty invisible/scummy? but added a last minute vote on Lessa that no mafia would want to get their hands dirty with

Taborline: got pressure d1, I didn't like her wording, Mafia!Dice waffled on her vote and didn't vote her, probably knowing I would lead that train

Rhea: scummy, had some questionable reads, tossed a vote on Lessa d2, not liking her responses, trying to clear peeks based on no information

[unvote]

I'm pretty sure Laine just townspewed herself in this post.  It's not 100%, but there's something that sticks out to me that I don't see coming from mafia....

Now Clov switches tack on Laine, but I don't think I agree. Not based on the quoted post, but based on her coming back around to me. Clov started the train which is now building, and now Laine is more free to come out and make a "safe" vote for my train without being too obvious as the one trying to build it? I don't know.

Hallia (3): Razen, RTE, Kronos

Rhea (2): Laine, Hallia

Not voting (4): Taborline, Rhea, Sooh, Clovdyx

I think this is the votecount right now.  Hallia wagon looked very clean to me with Razen and RTE, not feeling strongly about Kronos either way right now.  I thought his posts sounded pretty good earlier, but Razen and Sooh are probably my two strongest reads right now because of the Dice lynch.  Rhea train looks worse because the best thing Laine has going for her IMO is that she seemingly didn't know who had been NK'ed, and Hallia's just a huge a question mark for me.

I'll [v]Taborline[/v] for now.  If I'm right about Laine, that means Tabor is the only one from my original list of teammates for Dice, unless it was Dice/Hallia/Kronos and he just didn't interact with them because they weren't posting?

What makes me wonder if Clov is Town is that, what would scum gain from my lynch? I am pretty sure that I was a peek, or at least there was stronger language to suggest that, so once everyone sees that I am town at the end of today, what do you have to gain from that? It would just make those on the train look bad, especially Laine right now for me.

@ Taborline - What do you think about Laine right now?  The green is interesting.  If you're townreading Clov, you seem to believe that Laine is scum for making the vote upon you.

n mobile. I still feel that She's is the way to go. As for her partner, the initial agreement I had with WBK over RTE ended up being way off. His hop to me over her makes me wonder.

Who's partner? Mine? How did you have an agreement with Kronos? Now that he's voting for you, you are throwing sus at him?

I'm not keen on voting Tab due to the ambiguity of BFGs prems. She could've been one, but I'm just not sure

I feel like you are being to evasive in this game. I know this going to look like a revenge vote, but I really haven't felt good about you posts dince D1.

[v]Hallia[/v]

Two points: Could Kronos have decided to bus his teammate?  Or does Rhea look bad here? The green reads to me kind of like Rhea knows that Hallia is scum.  And that she's throwing her under the bus because she knows that Hallia's gone.  The point about it looking like a revenge vote is also interesting.

I'm having a really difficult time posting multiquotes, anyway:

On Day 1, Laine's arguments against me were pretty sound, given that my post was all anyone really had to go on. Hally comes in and says, with regard to Laine's vote on me for role-fishing, "I did not catch this, but I'm glad you did, and I like it.".

I find it odd that at one point on D1, Laine says she's trusting Dice in this game. Not necessarily indicative of anything, but odd.

Only thing I would question in Laine's behaviour on D1 is: why did she switch from me to RTE, when she had a better argument for me? She switches not long after Hallia posts her vote (with little explanation) for RTE. If you were town, why not just carry on going for me? I don't know :/

n mobile. I still feel that She's is the way to go. As for her partner, the initial agreement I had with WBK over RTE ended up being way off. His hop to me over her makes me wonder.

Who's partner? Mine? How did you have an agreement with Kronos? Now that he's voting for you, you are throwing sus at him?

I'm not keen on voting Tab due to the ambiguity of BFGs prems. She could've been one, but I'm just not sure

I feel like you are being to evasive in this game. I know this going to look like a revenge vote, but I really haven't felt good about you posts dince D1.

[v]Hallia[/v]

Two points: Could Kronos have decided to bus his teammate?  Or does Rhea look bad here? The green reads to me kind of like Rhea knows that Hallia is scum.  And that she's throwing her under the bus because she knows that Hallia's gone.  The point about it looking like a revenge vote is also interesting.

That's a possibility.

@ Laine - You had initially leant towards Taborline and Rhea in your bottom two when you posted this on Day 3. I'm assuming that you now find Taborline more scummy than Rhea? We know that both of them cannot be scum, because we have two of their flips. What draws you to Taborline over Rhea at this point? Because you had placed Rhea below Taborline when you posted this list.

At that point Rhea was at the bottom instead of Taborline for a few reasons, one being that I wasn't getting good interactions with her (those actually improved over d3), the Tab lynch wasn't gaining any traction, and I don't believe I had done my ISOs yet. After I ISOd Rhea, Hallia, and Tab, Rhea moved up my list and Hally/Tab down, though the margins between Rhea and Hally were slight, because I was getting caught up in that unnecessary vote on Lessa from Hally. I don't believe I clearly stated that other than to conclude that Hally/Tab/Dice was easily the mafia team here.

At this point, I don't see Hally pushing a Rhea lynch if she's her teammate. I also don't see Kronos as being scum, or anyone left from the original Dice train. That really does leave Tab, Clov, and me as the POE. There's little chance in Clov here being mafia unless I'm completely reading him wrong; but Taborline I've been on since d1 and I'd like to be right on this one.

On Day 1, Laine's arguments against me were pretty sound, given that my post was all anyone really had to go on. Hally comes in and says, with regard to Laine's vote on me for role-fishing, "I did not catch this, but I'm glad you did, and I like it.".

I find it odd that at one point on D1, Laine says she's trusting Dice in this game. Not necessarily indicative of anything, but odd.

Only thing I would question in Laine's behaviour on D1 is: why did she switch from me to RTE, when she had a better argument for me? She switches not long after Hallia posts her vote (with little explanation) for RTE. If you were town, why not just carry on going for me? I don't know :/

Why didn't I continue going for you d1? Because you were new and Dice made that point in your favor.

Why didn't I continue going for you d1? Because you were new and Dice made that point in your favor.

Fair enough :smile: 

I don't have the time to finish an ISO today, so please don't think that's all I think of you (or about the whole game).

I have a few free minutes, so I'll try to answer your question.

I don't know.  I would guess because we've been (understandably) writing off those who actively contributed to the Dice lynch, and obviously I didn't do that.  It's not hard to spin that as a deliberate act, giving me reasonable mafia equity.  With Sooh being an early vote on Dice and working to get votes his way, combined with good position on Hallia, why keep her around?  

I'd like to think I'm not an easy mislynch, but I'm not going to pretend my actions this gave have been overly great for town, either.

Hi everyone! *waves around* I'm happy to be back in mafia :biggrin: Been too long since my last game!

I have been following along, but I'm gonna need to read some ISO's tomorrow and maybe skim through the whole thread again, to refresh my memory. It's harder to remember who said what and when when just following along and not having anyone to talk to.

I'm gonna hit bed now, so see you all tomoroww :biggrin:

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Taborline (1): Laine

Not Voting (6): Clov, Razen, Taborline, RTE, Rhea, Mish

Deadline for Day 4 is Wednesday, August 5 at 9 PM MST/12 midnight EDT:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150805T21&p0=197&msg=Day+Four+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

I feel like there's an argument that can be made both for Clov and for Laine.

Looking at Laine, there's the whole unexplained placeholder vote on RTE on Day 1.  Day 2, she was on Lessa, which was a really easy vote to make with how Lessa had looked at the end of the day.  Hallia's vote at the end makes me wonder if she's trying to cover herself by pointing out how she didn't think any mafia could do that.  And day 3 she was off Hallia.

Clov, on day 1 was the first to vote RTE.  I don't really have much of an issue with that vote, given the circumstances, because he'd voted before Dice came up as a candidate.  But Day 2, he pushed Rhea, whom Hallia also seemed to want to vote.  He pushed Laine as well, and didn't seem to want to touch the Lessa train.  And like Laine, Day 3, he was on Taborline.

I want to look back through and examine more closely the interactions.  It's going to help me tip the scales one way or the other.  Without examining their interactions with people, I am leaning slightly towards Laine, but that could definitely change on a read through/ISO.

Meh. Stuff happens.

I'm actually going to stick to my guns and [v]Taborline[/v], you can lynch me tomorrow if I'm wrong. I think I've already listed the interactions with Dice and Hally that I found suspicious

Hating this response from Laine.  I would prefer to go Tabor today since I'm still ~somewhat confident in my townspew thought from earlier, but the first purple is an absolutely awful dodge of very fair points.  Why are you avoiding an actual argument/point against you?

Bottom... how is that even remotely helpful?  If you are town, do not offer yourself up for a lynch - players are allowed to be wrong, what matters is why they are wrong.  If you are mafia, do not offer yourself up for a lynch.  It's WIFOM, at best, and at worst, it's garbage that detracts from the game.  

[v]Hallia[/v]

I don't think Kronos was a bus vote with a decent amount of - but not 100% - confidence.  The votes were tied between Hallia and Rhea at 2-2 (you/RTE, and Laine/Hallia), with me having just unvoted Laine, when Kronos voted.  His vote put Hallia in the lead with 18 hours left.  This was his vote

Hallia is really my top pick for today. Mostly because of her vote on Lessa and statement that Rhea seemed like the better choice.

[v]Hallia[/v]

Feeling comfortable on laine and clov. Unsure on rhea and razen.

A quick look at his ISO doesn't really show much of a read on Rhea either way.  What's giving me some hesitation is that on the 1st, he said he wasn't sure why Rhea was getting voted and asked if somebody could recap the case.  It's possible that he wanted to get on Hallia earlier for cred and was using the bold in case the opportunity to put Rhea ahead came up, but I'm just not feeling it.  

I don't mind the Hallia Lynch, but if she flips town, I will be making every attempt to bury Tab tomorrow. I seriously doubt we get two trains that are this close without one being mafia.

If she flips mafia, just pretend this post isn't here.

I feel like there's an argument that can be made both for Clov and for Laine.

Looking at Laine, there's the whole unexplained placeholder vote on RTE on Day 1.  Day 2, she was on Lessa, which was a really easy vote to make with how Lessa had looked at the end of the day.  Hallia's vote at the end makes me wonder if she's trying to cover herself by pointing out how she didn't think any mafia could do that.  And day 3 she was off Hallia.

Clov, on day 1 was the first to vote RTE.  I don't really have much of an issue with that vote, given the circumstances, because he'd voted before Dice came up as a candidate.  But Day 2, he pushed Rhea, whom Hallia also seemed to want to vote.  He pushed Laine as well, and didn't seem to want to touch the Lessa train.  And like Laine, Day 3, he was on Taborline.

I want to look back through and examine more closely the interactions.  It's going to help me tip the scales one way or the other.  Without examining their interactions with people, I am leaning slightly towards Laine, but that could definitely change on a read through/ISO.

Meh. Stuff happens.

I'm actually going to stick to my guns and [v]Taborline[/v], you can lynch me tomorrow if I'm wrong. I think I've already listed the interactions with Dice and Hally that I found suspicious

Hating this response from Laine.  I would prefer to go Tabor today since I'm still ~somewhat confident in my townspew thought from earlier, but the first purple is an absolutely awful dodge of very fair points.  Why are you avoiding an actual argument/point against you?

Bottom... how is that even remotely helpful?  If you are town, do not offer yourself up for a lynch - players are allowed to be wrong, what matters is why they are wrong.  If you are mafia, do not offer yourself up for a lynch.  It's WIFOM, at best, and at worst, it's garbage that detracts from the game.  

Can you explain the progression you've made on Taborline then?  From what you posted yesterday before Hallia flipped, it sounded like you thought that it was one or the other being scum.

Going through Hallia's posts.  Not quoting everything said to everyone, but things that stood out to me as worth noting-

Laine:

Catching up, through page 20

thought it was kinda null really. Clovs vote didnt have anything that was making it obvious that it was a joke so asking is fair enuff imo. especially coming from someone that is basically a noob

Meh. I'll play nice for now then.  :dry:

This immediate backing down I don't like to see from Laine.  Even for a newer player, or someone she doesn't really know, I have not seen a Laine go easy on someone.

And you've played with me Laine. We were in Star Wars for all of 24 hours together or something. I tried to lynch you over the godfather and got wrecked at night :p

Oh dang you're right. Yeah you died real quick. Not enough of a sample to know you in a game though

Oh I checked in and reacted alright!

Although, saying it was a "reaction test" is a little much

Test sounds so official! More of a nudge, and I liked your response, so I moved on

Fair enough, I will accept this.

Alright - I'm here - sorry - this week is kinda rough for me with the job change - I'll do my best to keep up.

I get the feeling of town going after town on most of the active people right now - just a hunch mostly.

:wub:  Just have fun Souvra.

*snip*

That being said, based on numbers if I had to guess I would say at most only one of the active posters is scum. Hope this game sorta wakes up soon (although nice not to have missed much).

Ewwwwwwwwwwww.  I don't like this.

Through 22

*snip*

aaand then the game got serious...

Joke votes are joke votes. I never know how to gauge those reactions anyway, unless they are blatantly freaked out. I find it more interesting how much people are willing to read into those reactions. Reaching for straws isn't all that great, but in the beginning that's all we have. 

RTE comes in, seemingly like me, and comments little on the current game and more on the chitchat that has been going on. I guess it's just early thread stuff. He may not have found much to comment on. Better posts later though. Good content wise in terms of getting good reads. 

Laine and BFG reads as town vs. town to me. 

Taborline hasn't had much game related to bring up yet, but I hope that'll change. At least if she's town. If not, carry on  :tongue:

Clov seems to be reaching for nitpicky things to bring up. Not entirely sure what that means in terms of his alignment, but I'm probably going to need a little while to read him properly.

Not commenting on Dice yet, because I don't know what to think. I see RTE is finding his interactions to be possibly scummy, but I'm not really there. 

The rest I have no opinion on yet. 

I rather like your reads, and can kinda see where they're coming from.

@ Kronos - I picked Taborline because I wanted to see a reaction.  I hadn't seen anything off putting from the way she handled it.  When I woke up this morning though and took an initial read through what's happened since I fell asleep (and thankfully I'm not sick anymore!), I think it's interesting to consider that she's the first to question the reasons that Sooh might have taken over for Jagen.  There could be a number of reasons for the switch, not all of which are related to the game.  Also don't like that she kind of went rolefishing there too in putting out that thought - the part in green.

I'm also not liking the part Laine tacked on.  Seems like an easy way to throw suspicion on Sooh for something she had no control over.  Even if it's just a theory adding to what Taborline had said earlier.

Good morning!

Why did Jagen leave us? Normally I would wonder if it's not because they had a special role, and therefore Sooh has it too, otherwise why quit so quickly? If you're vanilla town, you could just ride it out, check in from time to time, but if you needed to be active then you might throw in the towel right away knowing it's not fair to whichever team you're on.

Agree on the role-fishing.

The reason I mentioned subbing out scum is because Taborline DIDN'T mention it. Why go straight to PR and not to scum? Why would having a PR be any more/less intimidating than rolling scum?

[unvote][v]Taborline[/v]

I did not catch this, but I'm glad you did, and I like et.

I'm totes gonna make everything a huge deal. I'm going to overreact to everything, BFG is going to nitpick, Sooh is going to be helpful, and Clov is gonna be Clov. At some point in the game Razen and/or Dice will try to lynch me after Clov creates a case on me out of nothing and I judge him harshly.

Oh wait, Hallia's in this game? If Hallia gets too friendly, she's probably scum.

Right now her joke:serious ratio is good.

I can't help that I love jokes XD

I like this except the part about Clov being Clov, didn't you say that you didn't really know how he played?

I think Tambourline's blunder is a noob one, and one very indicative of her noobness at mafia and nothing else. I will be looking closely at people who take the opportunity to build a train on her based on it. 

I'm not so sure.  I'll be looking at YOU closely.  :wink:

First purple section, she's trying to cast some doubt on Laine because she was "going easy on someone" (~1 day into the game), but in the same post (second purple second), just accepts Laine's answer of "liking Hallia's response". I have never simultaneously tried to make somebody I actually want mislynched look worse while essentially patting them on the back for their reads.  It makes me think the first part was just distancing.

In the last one, she backs another one of Laine's reads.  Obviously there was some time since the "backing down" thing, but I just can't see that being an actual push on Laine.  We'll also come 

Rhea:

I'm sorry, truly sorry I haven't been here.  Keys have been turned in so I'm officially done!

I've been trying to keep up on my cell at least to follow along at work.  

Rhea makes me nervous due the thinking right up there:

Originally you implied RTE was mafia and that Lessa was probably a team mate voting for "cleaning" (my words). It makes sense to have them as strong candidates

If you don't follow that theory, I would expect at least one of them should be higher

I think that all depends on if Lessa is lynched today and how she flips. I don't know where RTE is going to fall in my lineup after that TBH. 

With the way last day phase went down, trying to cast doubt on RTE is not a good look.

Just from the last few pages I'd be ok with a CFD in that direction even.

My business is over thank Jeebus.

With the Seer death, I really think we should all do a reread and try to deduce peeks, I'm going through right now.

In the meantime, I'm going to go with what I think we should've done yesterday and

Vote: Rhea

Highlighted section does two things for me here.  One, I think it strongly suggests RTE is town.  I know somebody mentioned about it possibly being TMI-slip earlier, and now that we know Hallia's alignment, I'll back that strongly.  I don't think Mafia!Hallia is a gutsy enough player to kick dirt at someone (who would HAVE to be town, if RTE were mafia) for having some questions about somebody she knows is mafia.  

Secondly, I think it serves as the starting point for her trying to push Rhea.  She makes a comment suggesting a CFD on Rhea, though two hours before deadline, it obviously wasn't going to happen.  That being said... she came back for Rhea the next day.

Based on that, I can't see Rhea being a teammate.

Tab:

I didn't really see much here.  Going back to her egging on Laine earlier about PR hunting, I'm actually feeling a little better than Tab right now.  The other thing that stood out to me was this:

The first part doesn't seem to match with the back part, but there was a lot of talk about Taborline being one of Hallia's peeks.  Obviously that's not the case if Tab is Hallia's teammate, but if a handful of people would buy it, why would Hallia NOT try to argue for it?  Even if Hallia ended up getting lynched, wouldn't she want Mafia!Tab to be in the best possible position?

Can you explain the progression you've made on Taborline then?  From what you posted yesterday before Hallia flipped, it sounded like you thought that it was one or the other being scum.

I think you misinterpreted what I said.  The top quote says that I can't see them both being town.  I also said I would have to check if they could be teammates - I haven't gone over Tab's posts yet (I will tomorrow), but right now I think it's less likely than Laine.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT (unchanged):

Taborline (1): Laine

Not Voting (6): Clov, Razen, Taborline, RTE, Rhea, Mish

Deadline for Day 4 is Wednesday, August 5 at 9 PM MST/12 midnight EDT:
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150805T21&p0=197&msg=Day+Four+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

DEADLINE IS IN JUST UNDER 24 HOURS

I'm on break and I want to answer you clov. I originally wrote up a response to Razen and then erased it because it's the same things I've been saying all game to defend myself and my final response came off like a broken record so I went with the PG version of "stuff happens"

"Placeholder vote" if you want to call it that, sure. But he was my best bet at the time being that I was town reading dice who was getting pressure by BFG and I fully intended to come back by DL, but that's obviously not an excuse. As for why I voted RTE, I already explained it when I was asked before and would be glad to pull the quote back up for y'all.

Re: Lessa: that lynch had to happen to clear up her alignment. She also was not around enough to prevent that mislynch and it was pretty much given, as far as it happening. I wasn't happy with the lack of information that day and should have pushed taborline some more, who was largely absent after she covered her vote at the start of day.

Re: Hally. I already stated that she was scummy yesterday and could be a team with dice tab. One of the only things holding me up was that vote on Lessa as I said. I was also busy voting Tab because someone else was finally on that train (clov) and I fully expect to find mafia in Taborline.

As for the "lynch me" comment: I am pretty damned sure it's Taborline we're looking at as the final mafia member so I figure what happens tomorrow really doesn't matter. I intend to pull up dice/Hally/tab relations to support this point when I get off work.

One point Id like to point out is Hally trying to rely on BFGs ambiguous views to clear Taborline. That is SCREAMING scum to me.

Going back to the start of D3... I had thought I remembered Tab and/or Hally nudging the peeks even after a lot of us discounted it as useless, so I pulled up some quotes.

Well this is decidedly not good.

In response to BFG seer flip. Feels fake.

I just barely missed your post. And I'm angry at myself, I just used wolfy for the first time in a while. Make. It. Stop.

@Razen, Laine - I understand what you're saying about Tabor, BUT that post is how Mafia!Dice pushes Town!Mislynches, if Tabor is actually mafia Dice must be fuming right now :laugh:

I'm NOT 100% confident, but Tabor's going to have to do something pretty scummy to move into my POE. Secondly, her apparent 'missing' my case/push is bizarre no matter what her alignment, but seems more unfeasible from mafia given that I'm hoping there were some nasty words said about me on the QT last Night. I'm NOT saying it makes her town, but it seems null to me at best.

If Mafia!Dice pushes Town mislyches, why isn't RTE dead right now instead of Dice??

Are you saying you DO see a mafia Taborline or based on how Dice played it, he WANTS us to lynch Taborline?

Meh, I'll check it but I think Tabor and RTE are both Town here. Mafia Dice was gearing up to vote Town Tabor, and RTE is likely town through content. Of the 2 I'd say that RTE is marginally more likely to be a teammate, based on the FoS and the way RTE was holding off his vote (although that was a good catch on the timing of the votes :smile: )

When dice voted No Lynch there was no traction on him and the lynch was going to be RTE or Tabor, there was no need for him to do anything. Dice is hard to gain traction on normally as mafia, so there was no reason for him to think he'd be lynched. I failed last time in this situation and had Cory egging me on behind scenes. Votes have been slow all game, and I get that I'm part of that, but it's more reason for Dice to not have to worry about a CFD.

@Razen, Laine - I understand what you're saying about Tabor, BUT that post is how Mafia!Dice pushes Town!Mislynches, if Tabor is actually mafia Dice must be fuming right now :laugh:

I'm NOT 100% confident, but Tabor's going to have to do something pretty scummy to move into my POE. Secondly, her apparent 'missing' my case/push is bizarre no matter what her alignment, but seems more unfeasible from mafia given that I'm hoping there were some nasty words said about me on the QT last Night. I'm NOT saying it makes her town, but it seems null to me at best.

These two posts had me wondering yesterday if BFG was Seer and had peeked on me. 

Does anyone else remember Yates clearing himself off my reads in that one game where I was town cop and my peeks were ambiguous (though not quite as much as this...)?

Anyways, those first two quotes were before Clov looks through peeks (very detailed, btw), says they're too ambiguous. Razen agrees after that that we're on our own, this post:

This is a good, old-fashioned case of we as a town need to figure things out for ourselves.  BFG never stated who her peeks were, and I think that we're going on a wild goose chase trying to figure out who she had peeked.  We can debate that all day, we're never going to get the answer.

For me, it's a case of sifting through what's been posted and trying to figure out where to go from here.

Sooh questions the "relatively confident" line #965, and Rhea is thinking RTE/Tab are peeks too. #984

I don't get it...

Someone WAS her peek. Actually two someones. If you think that Taboo most certainly is a peek then you should probably go by that in my opinion. 

I would wonder why scum would kill BFG if they didn't have an inkling she was the Seer, which lead me to believe there were hints in her posts. She wasn't pushing too hard on too many people (that I recall), so to get her so soon made me wonder if they're seeing something.

This post feels very innocent, nudging us to believe the peeks are there and she's one of them.

Kronos also agrees it's a risk to clear peeks (in response to Sooh) #1014

My business is over thank Jeebus.

With the Seer death, I really think we should all do a reread and try to deduce peeks, I'm going through right now.

In the meantime, I'm going to go with what I think we should've done yesterday and

Vote: Rhea

This probably clears Rhea. Even after so many people are agreeing deciding on the peeks is worthless, Hally's still looking them over?

@Kronos - It was towards End of Phase that I was able to post, I brought it up, but there was clearly not enough people on to either A. Make that happen or B. Agree with me in the first place

Up through page 20, BFG mainly speaks to Laine and Clov.  From the feel I get in those posts, if there was a peek in there it would be Clov.  She seems to want to make herself clear where he's concerned, which kind of makes me feel that she specifically cared whether or not he was townreading her.  Her back and forth with Laine doesn't make me feel that she could've been the N0 peek up to that point.  She also specifically mentions Rhea, asking if anyone had ever played with her before.  It makes me wonder, but I don't feel that is a peek.

Spoilering quotes [edited out, but go to post to view]

Peek: potentially Clov

@Clov - Because I wanted to take a definite stand.  Yes, I could've stayed off of it, but I didn't want to.

Continuing on, up to page 30.

Wondering if Tabor is too scummy to be mafia, but the last time I thought that Eldrick flipped mafia :dry: she needs to explain what she meant originally.

This makes me doubtful that Tab was her peek.

[unvote]

I don't know what to do.

Be strong, confident Town!Laine

please?

And I'm back to feeling like it could've been Laine.

First ISO if I have time.

fwiw I don't think Tabor's the way to go today(!) First post when she said 'special roles' she used VT separately, so it's possible that she did have goons on her mind as well as the cop. I have issues with the 'that too' part but meh. Her vote analysis seemed reasonable, and the hedging at the end didn't seem overly scummily motivated imo, the 'effed up' sounded genuine (bearing in mind I am genuinely BAD at reading peoples intentions mumbles something about Laine ATEing Zander)

And this makes me feel like it could have been Tab she viewed.  

RTE ISO:

wasn't present much during N0, so can't compare tone

(+) null on Cairos 'reaction' this is close to how I feel about it
(+) Laine/Sooh town, Clov/Dice nothing unusual I like easily given reads (- although there's actually only 2 reads there, the Clov/Dice comment is a bit nullish)
+ Like the humour
(+) Dice 'strongest' mafia lean amongst the high posters
+/- Tabor's blunder is noob, will look at people jumping on
- comments on Dice's asking him a question when he didn't... But IGNORES everything else that I said.
+ I like his explanation on his position on Tabor why is that analysis bad?
+/- Votes Rhea for playing safe
+/- Top 3 suspects are Rhea/Lessa/Dice thinks Lessa's vote was a mafia vote on an easy train.
+ Voting Rhea isn't great for avoiding lynch, but strongest hunch right now. Will move to Lessa if she becomes a competing train.
+/- Don't need to use meta to see Dice was building up to a Tabor vote Fair point - the meta isn't that he was building up to a vote, more the way he was building up to a vote reminded me more of Mafia!Dice than Town!Dice
+/- further defence of Tabor
- top posters comment was to start conversation meh, I think in his last game as mafia the entire team was in the bottom posters, so this looks badish
+ suspicious of people who pop in and don't back stuff up (Rhea) or people who vote without much reason behind it (WBK). Hard to single out the latter on Day 1 Why WBK, he wasn't in RTE's list
+/- burned with noob passes
+/- 'No lynch' town or mafia Dice not sure it's alignment indicative either way, tone to me could be town
+ explanation of Dice read - interactions with Clov meh that bit was sort of neutral to me, but I'd played that game so knew what he was referring to with the initial post. I didn't get what Clov was talking about either and Tabor fiasco and no lynch vote lol, I think you know my opinion here

RTE sounds relaxed on thread but has been playing long enough for this to be a null tell. I remember him fooling me as mafia, despite being seemingly obvious to everyone else playing :dry: and having good instincts as town :dry:

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Taborline (2): Laine, Lessa
RTE (3): Clov, Kronos, Hallia
Lessa (1): Razen

Not Voting (7): Taborline, BFG, RTE, Rhea, Sooh, Cairos, Dice

Deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday, July 29 at 9:00 AM MST:
http://www.timeandda...t=cursive&csz=1

8-1/2 HOURS UNTIL DEADLINE

This was the VC just before his vote and I kinda like that it was on Rhea as opposed to Lessa, although I have both Rhea and Lessa as null right now (need to pay more attention). There is an issue with follow up as noted below.

I'm assuming that the reason he said he'd switch to Lessa and not Dice is because Dice had no votes at the time?

I don't particularly like that he ignored my case on Dice (I don't particularly like being ignored) but it's not a big deal.

In fact his read on Dice looks a little odd; starts off as nothing unusual from the Clov/Dice early interaction, but also thinks he looks bad from it? I can sort of see a progression here and think key is in context, but would like further explanation?

The only thing that stands out is the initial defence of Tabor. It seemed quite abrupt. I also don't like that he hasn't seemingly followed this up; He doesn't like Lessa (because of the vote on Tabor) he's voting Rhea because she took 'note' of his defence of Tabor but didn't vote.

Doesn't seem concerned by his impending lynch, that's probably townie of him?

Quick ISO from ME2 - Mafia!RTE in that game was a LOT fluffier at the start of thread (could just be that he missed it this game /shrug). Interestingly made a similar post about noob passes and being burned. Got caught up in a tristing words/semantics argument with Zander that lead to his lynch. Had a decisive tone when voting Zander and casing. Slipped by calling Zander vig and wanting to lynch him anyway :laugh: defended himself, but didn't seem overtly concerned by the impending lynch there either.

(Was fluffy in Cliche as well, but nature of the game makes meta unusable from it)

Quick ISO from Pokemon - Town!RTE started straight in with game content, sounded annoyed when people misread him...

At the moment I want to say town due to the level of content BUT I don't think he's having fun the way he was in Pokemon and I don't see the same confidence that people should be reading him town, or frustration that they're not (I'd expect some response to Hallia at the least here), so it's not a confident read.

So that was useful :dry: At the moment I still want my vote on Dice, but I'm happy to hear what other people have to say on RTE

I don't feel that RTE was a peek for N0 due to this post.

Clov - I 'liked' his early vote as a 'kickstarter' CairOs was probably the perfect choice, I don't think they know each other outside of this, so couldn't be confused as a :wub: vote, Cairos was posting at the time so was around to react straight away... I don't understand his 'blown away'(?) comment. At the moment I'm torn between liking his prodding of lots of people, but not really agreeing with any of them, problem being that the game has been pretty quiet. I sort of feel that he's being cautious and I don't feel confident calling him town yet although I don't want to call him mafia either.

Laine is pinging me a fair bit, but mostly all in good ways. I think mafia!Laine is a bit more self conscious so pings less, she jumped in as soon as Clov opened the door which is different to her last game as mafia. Still need more time to be sure. Razen's made a good point about her vote, but I still feel 'good'? about our quote war.

Cairos - disagree with the majority I liked his reaction to Clov's vote and Laines prods, was townie imo. Hope he has chance to get into it tomorrow

RTE is a lot more content driven then his recent mafia games and more reserved (less frustrated) than his recent town games. Really hard to call this but I want to say town. I don't see the lynch swinging elsewhere at this point, so if he flips town I'll be looking at his bottom 3 more closely, I think his instincts are good enough for one or more to be mafia.

Tabor - really don't like the 'that too' but her posts since have seemed reasonable.

Dice is my strongest bet for mafia at the moment, already covered. Dice will become more obvious with time. If he ever starts to post without impact lynch him immediately (he's not at that stage yet)

Razen - Not sure I covered this; thing I was asking about was Razens post when he seemed to be agreeing with Clov that Cairos reaction was bad and Dice that it was null. Could be flu medicine, posts since have made sense. Am really, really liking the fluidity of his reads (case in point last post on Laine).

Rhea - drew initial interest because she was lurking during early game play, posted fluff during the initial Cairos debate, posts since have been relaxed but I haven't payed enough attention to content.

I feel like I should have reads on Hallia and Sooh, but I don't really yet (sorry)

Mostly null on everyone else atm.

And up to here it could be a town peek on Laine, Clov, Tab or even a scum peek on Dice.

Potential peek: Alanna, Clov, Tab, scum on Dice

I also really don't like Razen's initial posts today. He doesn’t even want to find the peek, thinks it’s a “wild goose chase”, which strikes me as being odd. Did he look? Just assume the scum got BFG at random? It seems a bit nihilistic, and possibly scummy.

So you're saying you would rather find something that isn't there, and possibly let someone slide to the end of the game just because of what you assume to be a peek?  I did look, there is nothing concrete that would give me a reason to think that anyone should be cleared based on what BFG has posted.  The absolute worst thing we as a town can do is misclear someone and let them skate to the end of the game as mafia.

/SNIP

What makes me wonder if Clov is Town is that, what would scum gain from my lynch? I am pretty sure that I was a peek, or at least there was stronger language to suggest that, so once everyone sees that I am town at the end of today, what do you have to gain from that? It would just make those on the train look bad, especially Laine right now for me.

Dark red - why do you think Clov is town?  And why are you assuming that everyone else on your train is scum?  It looks really bad.

Blue - So you're asking us to clear you because you think that you were the peek?

Note again, in bold red Tab pushing herself as being the peek. I pretty much agree with everything Razen says here.

You could use that line of reasoning for any one of the remaining players.

^ Anyone else notice she leads up to calling out Taborline as a peek? Above it was a potential for me, Clov, Tab, Dice. But now she's calling out specifically Tab.

I also really don't like Razen's initial posts today. He doesn’t even want to find the peek, thinks it’s a “wild goose chase”, which strikes me as being odd. Did he look? Just assume the scum got BFG at random? It seems a bit nihilistic, and possibly scummy.

So you're saying you would rather find something that isn't there, and possibly let someone slide to the end of the game just because of what you assume to be a peek?  I did look, there is nothing concrete that would give me a reason to think that anyone should be cleared based on what BFG has posted.  The absolute worst thing we as a town can do is misclear someone and let them skate to the end of the game as mafia.

I'm saying you should try, not just come straight in and say there's no point even looking. From the post you made, it didn't sound as if you did look.

I'm really not a fan at this point of Taborline throwing dirt on everyone on her train. Me, Clov, Razen. It really doesn't look good. There's one mafia member left and I have no idea what Taborline thinks, she's implicating everyone but not focusing on solving. The last wolf can't be all three; at this point it's just spreading doubt on three town players.

tl;dr It looks like Taborline is trying to self clear here from BFG's peeks. This coupled with Mafia!Hallia depending on the peeks, specifically Alanna, Clov, TABOR as being potentials, it feels like she was soft supporting Tab's efforts to clear herself. I would assume that Hallia would try to clear a teammate and give them a chance for endgame, but being that I know I'm town and I'm 93% on Clov at this point, that leaves Tab in the POE for mafia-mate getting cleared from ambiguous peeks. Additionally, I don't see Taborline taking a stand on the final wolf game solve and that is worrisome at this point in the game. She is fosing those on her train but not putting a single person above the rest as far as I can tell. Her vote on Hallia D3 felt like pure bussing and less like self-preservation.

Archived