DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

I would like to point out that I misspoke in #1199

One point Id like to point out is Hally trying to rely on BFGs ambiguous views to clear Taborline. That is SCREAMING scum to me

Taborline kept pushing her own clear, not Hally. Hally barely touched it other than to soft support it by going back in the thread and giving us potential options, then saying she doesn't want a Tab lynch just in case she's a peek. It's still bad-looking though. (I posted more about this is my above spoilered wot)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going over D1 again to note interactions with Dice/Tab/Hallia
Also... things.
Like this:

I'm totes gonna make everything a huge deal. I'm going to overreact to everything, BFG is going to nitpick, Sooh is going to be helpful, and Clov is gonna be Clov. At some point in the game Razen and/or Dice will try to lynch me after Clov creates a case on me out of nothing and I judge him harshly.

Oh wait, Hallia's in this game? If Hallia gets too friendly, she's probably scum.

Right now her joke:serious ratio is good.

^ I think I did okay???

Anyways, spoiled below because QUOTES

Good morning!

And welcome, Sooh! I hate balloons too, they're the spawn of the Devil.

Why did Jagen leave us? Normally I would wonder if it's not because they had a special role, and therefore Sooh has it too, otherwise why quit so quickly? If you're vanilla town, you could just ride it out, check in from time to time, but if you needed to be active then you might throw in the towel right away knowing it's not fair to whichever team you're on.

Really bad post. Was thinking of voting then realised she is new so decided to let it go esp as people all jumped on it **Defense of Tab's noobness, did give intention to vote, but did not

Good morning!

And welcome, Sooh! I hate balloons too, they're the spawn of the Devil.

Why did Jagen leave us? Normally I would wonder if it's not because they had a special role, and therefore Sooh has it too, otherwise why quit so quickly? If you're vanilla town, you could just ride it out, check in from time to time, but if you needed to be active then you might throw in the towel right away knowing it's not fair to whichever team you're on.

Sometimes being scum in your first game is intimidating

Like this. Laine to be clear  are you insinuating Tab is scum or is this a general comment or is this an injoke?  Im reading it as the first **Likes that I'm calling Tab scum

I think Tambourline's blunder is a noob one, and one very indicative of her noobness at mafia and nothing else. I will be looking closely at people who take the opportunity to build a train on her based on it.

Defense of Tab noted  Fos noted as stinky. **Calling RTE's post stinky for defending Tab after he just stopped himself from voting her bc realizing she was new?

/SNIP
Because I'm new to this game here and "Special Roles" is the term we use on my other forum as an all-encompassing term, that was all that was about.

You know how above I let her have some rope cause shes a noob? I think the noob card just got torn up. @Taborline  have you played mafia on other sites before this? **This one throws me off a bit. The first part he backtracks on his noob leniency, but then gives himself an out from voting her by asking if she's played mafia on other sites before. This allows him to NOT vote her based on her answer and experience, hence part of the reason (and the very first part) that I disagree with BFG's assessment that Dice was leading up to vote Tab

When I said about not wanting to lynch someone who was potentially the good role? Just as another side of why it would be interesting to know that Sooh had something, it can be beneficial for town as well.

BFG is right about this. Unless you thought town!Sooh was going to be mislynched, there's no benefit to town to outing her role (be it vanilla OR cop)

I wasn't trying to out her as a cop, I was trying to out her as possible scum (but mentioning that we should be careful as she could be a special town).

Now backtracks
I want to hear answers to my Qs from RTE and Taborline please

**responses in PURPLE BOLD
Conclusion as before that Dice was wonky on how he should be reading Taborline d1 but didn't want to vote her

unvote  forgot to do it earlier

Taborline got an answer for me?

This was almost three hours later that he unvotes. Besides directing a question at Taborline, I don't see this as an indication that he was going to vote her at all.

/SNIP (this was in response to Dice's above post so I cut out the other parts)

I don't like this post.

Least importantly he doesn't ask RTE any questions, just calls his FOS 'stinky'. Talks about Layne and asks her questions, but doesn't mention it at the end?

More importantly it feels a little like a narrative being told, see blue above,

'I was going to vote, but Tabors already got votes' (meaning he's read ahead) 'and she's new. Tabor's played elsewhere so isn't new?' (to paraphrase)

This is the second time Dice has been 'concerned' over where he votes, yet Town! Dice just does what he wants and doesn't care 'how' he looks for it, witness his initial vote on Laine in Belichick

Tone is straight forward but his content is making me uneasy.

Feel like this could be due to Tab being a teammate, honestly...

Ugh, I need to use words better

Re Dice; so far his posting feels like he's building up to a vote on Tabor which reminds me of how he acted in ME2.

*disagree, as stated above. I just quoted for completeness

BFG

I forgot to put Laine down the bottom. Feel free to sue me. As for Taborline I said what i mean I want to hear from her. 

and if you are gonna type out my "narrative hows about you usae the correct words instead of your interpretation?  I dont care if she has votes. If I wanna vote her I will vote her. Thats it. What i want is an ANSWER from her. Is she or is she not a newbie? the answer decides how i read her.

you said this is the second time i was concerned....where was the first?

and what am i gonna ask RTE?  His FOS stinks and i noted that i think it stinks. Why would i ask anything?

im not gonna be here at DL  thats like 1am my time or something. Will be here a couple more hours but right now Im thinking no lynch actually. I have a couple people I think are good bets for town but thats it.  Im not getting why Lessa has ANY votes   think i missed something

That first bold part comes off as defensive of his vote that could be on Taborline.

dammit i just lost everything!

BFG  I vote where and when i want. that vote is often controlled by my gut jumping at something that stands out to it. Here whats stood out more then anything is some people i think are town at this point.

i get lynched for being quiet on a regular basis. thing is im quiet TOWN as often as i am quiet MAFIA. It most often comes because nothing stood out for me to grab hold of. Taborline stood out a little  but it didnt ping me like Laine did last game for eg. Then theres the fact that shes a noob apparently. Im not a complete bastard  i do try to give newbies a go. **Direct defense of Taborline: she stood out but she's a noob and he wont vote her. Distancing

I spoiler'd this in because it includes two points I think are in my favor and I want to separate it out from the rest..

/snipppp
[edited into a quote for clarity]

you're also being closed now; you have town reads/leans, but reading through your ISO I have no idea who; if I had to guess I'd say Laine and Cairos.

Has anybody asked?  and my leans are Laine and you actually. **Honestly though, I can pull of the "strong town read" thing as mafia with Zander, but not with Dice. I'm town here. I feel pocketed more than anything haha

Reading back when I first posted, and reading in the context of “special role” meaning only PR, Laine’s posts make good sense and I think she tried to pull me out well, to see if I was scum. My addition of “That too” does really look bad, and I don’t blame her for then jumping on me.[/size]

Sooh I can’t read, as the situation put her in a precarious position no matter what. I think I would have replied with what she did either way. Though her later saying I need to put myself out more is questionable, as I think I’ve sabotaged myself enough!

I could possibly see Lessa as getting in there to help the case, but really it’s such a bad mistake that it could go either way. 

RTE could be going for town cred - especially as if he IS scum, he knows I’m town and this is a really easy kill for them. 

They could all be scum and be reading from scripts in this situation.

The first part of this post is really good and I like how it sounds: As a newer player, I'd think you would be a bit more frazzled as mafia at this point, you had 3/7 votes when you posted this.

The second part, and especially the last line are really throwing me. A healthy amount of paranoia is okay but it feels very fence-sitty and that's really sticky for me. It's also awkward that you blanket FOS all of them/(us?) here. What's getting me with that is that it feels like a very newbie thought process to me, calling those scum who vote you. That combined with the first two lines, I may give you a pass at this point for d1

Catching up, through page 20

thought it was kinda null really. Clovs vote didnt have anything that was making it obvious that it was a joke so asking is fair enuff imo. especially coming from someone that is basically a noob

Meh. I'll play nice for now then. :dry:
This immediate backing down I don't like to see from Laine.  Even for a newer player, or someone she doesn't really know, I have not seen a Laine go easy on someone /SNIP
 Hally, I backed down there because Dice was right, and I'm going to trust his input this game. And I definitely am trying to play nice, or nicer than usual: this is the WT and there are newer players. I don't want to be rude in my SG and I don't want to scare people away. Doesn't mean I'm not going to treat mafia regulars all the same though :laugh:
 /SNIP

Colored the top red to draw attention to what I said on Tab D1.

The bottom section is me both placating Hallia and town reading Dice. Not the actions of someone who knows the true alignments of those she's speaking to. :dry:

Knowing that I'm Town, this is what I read so far.

Based solely on her confidence, activity and straightforward arguments (I've not felt she's been pushing anything odd, or jumping to anyone's defense), I would venture a sturdy guess that Laine is Town.

I really want to like Kronos for his defense of me, but he could so easily be Scum playing for Town brownie points. As soon as I'm lynched, and you see that I am indeed Town, he can ride in and say "See, I told you!"

BFG has me confused so far, but I'm going to go back and read again.

I don't particularly feel like Dice is building up to a vote, more that he's just trying to get answers and being an offensive player, but we'll see what he says today.

Others, I have no idea.

Defense of Dice?

In light of what posts I've made since my last?

I like WBK's reads so far, as well as Soohs.  They're coming off as townish to me, along with Laine, BFG, and Clov.

You're my scum for the moment.

Hally the type to toss out townies or scum mates as her reads? Anyone know her meta in that regard?

Uncomfortable series of posts at the EOD:

I really don't know who to vote for. I found Dice to be more defensive when questioned, but I don't know if he's always like that.

Eh, Dice is defensive both ways

I don't want to be a deciding vote on a guess, though.

If Razen were mafia, why would he tip the votes here to get a teammate lynched?

Same logic as we had with Lessa: she evened out the votes on a scum lynch towards town. How is Razen not being graded the same way for tipping it towards Dice when he could have easily just voted for RTE instead of his scum mate?

Given the choice, I'd rather lynch Dice than RTE.  Unvote, vote: Dice.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Taborline (1): Lessa
RTE (4): Clov, Kronos, Hallia, Laine

Dice (4): BFG, Sooh, RTE, Razen

No Lynch (1) Dice

Not Voting (4): Taborline, Rhea, Cairos

Deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday, July 29 at 9:00 AM MST:
http://www.timeandda...t=cursive&csz=1

DEADLINE IN 25 MINUTES

Updated

Updated again

Okey, I have done a very rough skim through the thread. All in all, we're at a good point; we're 7 remaining players, and only 1 mafia. That means we have at worst 3 game days to solve this, wich I think we'll do swimmingly. Now, a small note on my play. I've been out of the game for a long time, I played one game around december and I think my last game before that was last years HP game? About there. I'm rusty, and the game has evolved in my abscense wich makes it a bit hard for me to follow along. Also, deadline is 6am in the morning my time; I probably will not be around the last 4 hours before deadline unless I'm unable to sleep, just so you know.

Now, here's my thoughts in no particular order.

Razen is absolutley my strongest town read and has been from the beginning. I haven

Okey, I have done a very rough skim through the thread. All in all, we're at a good point; we're 7 remaining players, and only 1 mafia. That means we have at worst 3 game days to solve this, wich I think we'll do swimmingly. Now, a small note on my play. I've been out of the game for a long time, I played one game around december and I think my last game before that was last years HP game? About there. I'm rusty, and the game has evolved in my abscense wich makes it a bit hard for me to follow along. Also, deadline is 6am in the morning my time; I probably will not be around the last 4 hours before deadline unless I'm unable to sleep, just so you know.

Now, here's my thoughts in no particular order.

Razen is absolutley my strongest town read and has been from the beginning. I haven

Razen is absolutley my strongest town read and has been from the beginning. I haven't seen a single thing from his that's made me question his alignement.

Clov is a hard nut to crack. His game seems very pro-town. But as someone pointed out; why hasn't he been killed yet? The two mafia we've seen so far are Hallia and Dice, two players who know how much of a threat to mafia Clov can be. That + how he's not been on any of the mafia lynches as Razen pointed out, makes me very, very wary. I don't feel like he's tried to be a town leader, only making himself look good. He hasn't been on a single lynch, and his vote placements at each EOD has been on people I either feel quite sure is town, or in Tab's case, less convinced is mafia. This is where I think we should lynch today.

Rhea, I think is town. It's mostly a meta thing; she plays so rarely, that if she'd been mafia, we'd seen that by now. Add to that I've generally liked the tone of her posts, they seem genuinly open and honest and I can follow her thinking, even when she stumbles.

Tab, I am torn on. Her posts have given me good vibes, but the way she's implicated with others give me pause again. I do not feel like she's the way to go today, however. I feel like she's a too easy spot to place blame and she's a too easy lynch like Lessa.

Alanna is where I am most unsure. Her posts seem very protown, but the endless pushing on Tab (feels a bit like a very long tunnel), and as far as I can remember, she hasn't been activly involved in finding Hallia or Dice so far, but I don't remember that for certain; she has a whole lot of posts and she seems to be repeating herself alot. I feel like I'm drowning in sheer number of posts. She's also on the wrong side of the mafia votes. Firmly stuck on "no clue" for now, and that no clue makes me so uneasy I'll mark her mafia. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else :P But the fact that I can't pin down a read, or even a gut feel, is to me very worrying.

RTE is to me clear by association. His posts haven't swayed me much either way (in fact I was convinced D1 he was scum), but looking at how D1 voting went down, and the fact that he was the first vote on Hallia D3, it makes it EXTREMELY unlikely that he's mafia.

My preferred lynch order would be this:

Clov

Alanna

Tab

Rhea

Razen

RTE

And I will [v] Clov [/v]

There's a possible case to be made for Rhea. Page 54 she backed down from you (Laine) a little quick, just agreeing with Clov that you had town spewed yourself.

Hallia's vote on D3 could have been a bit of distancing:

Hallia:

In the meantime, I'm going to go with what I think we should've done yesterday and

Vote: Rhea

With Hallia knowing she's quite possibly coming to the end of her tenure as scum. As Sooh points out, Hallia's case for Rhea was never that strong. Hallia pops in at the end of the day to just say she still thinks Rhea is the way to go.

At that point, Rhea comes in with the "revenge vote" which comes off as distancing herself even more. She's not just jumping on the train, she's making an excuse for herself voting Hallia.

PS Good post Mish. Still torn on Clov. The fact he's alive is what bothers me the most. Otherwise I would pick Laine over Clov today.

To be honest right now before considering Rhea, I wanted to lynch in this order:

Laine - Taborline - Clov 

But I do think we need to see who Hallia distanced from. 

Archived