DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

*snip*

At this point I feel relatively comfortable with Laine and RTE. Clov is also fairly clear for me, though I'm not a fan of a Taborline lynch. 

I still find Hallia suspicious for being so uncommunicative(?). It's not really what I want to say, but it was the best word I could come up with. 

Kronos is not showing me enough what he thinks for me to town read him. I will agree that he reacts calmly when pushed though. 

[v]Hallia[/v]

My best lead at the moment.

Bold: Why are you not a fan of the Tab lynch?

Blue: I agree here, I'm not sure if that's overall good or bad though

*Sooh voting Hally for not communicating enough

Bold: I'm not a fan of a Taboo lynch because I feel like she might have been a peek. She's definitely not a lynch candidate for me today. 

Blue: How is it overall good that he's not sharing? 

Red: As you can see it was a preliminary vote, and I have expanded on my thoughts today. I would also like to hear more from Hallia. It feels a lot like the Lessa lynch and that's not good. I would like to see Hallia out here defending herself. I'll take a look at Rhea some time today, seeing as that is Hallia's counter-train. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hallia:

D1: Original plus on her response to my vote, calls me out for backing down on Tab, didn't like RTE's pointing out that one of the active posters is scum

Here Likes Sooh's reads (RTE good content, Laine/BFG t/t interaction, Tab not a lot of game content, Clov nitpicky but needs time to read, nothing on Dice but not there yet with RTE finding Dice scummy); likes my comment on the role-fishing and PR/scum thing irt Taborline; (to RTE) not sure if Tab's blunder was from newness or not, says she'll be watching RTE.

@Hally: right here, were you sitting the fence on Taborline or did/do you have an opinion either way?

This post here  She says she likes Rhea's hunches (this is in reference to Rhea calling out RTE for his defending of Taborline and "looking closely at those who vote her" -- This is confusing to me because in the last post of hers with the "I'm not so sure" it felt like she was leaning toward Tab's actions being scummy, but here it feels like she's equally agreeing with Rhea's notion that RTE is scummy for defending Taborline. She subsequently agrees with Kronos' case on RTE and votes him with "Could be scum defending a teammate, could be scum white-knighting a new townie, either way..."

@Hally Is RTE the type to openly protect a teammate, bus them, or spread the suspicion around?

Says she's liking Kronos' reads so far, as well as Sooh's. Alanna, BFG, and Clov are also coming off as town. RTE is her single scum. Where is Taborline on this list?

Soft defense of Dice "Dice is defensive both ways" this was 14 minutes before DL and her vote is on RTE, this would be after Taborline states that Dice became more defensive when questioned and she wasn't sure if he was always like that. At this point, I can feel a team between Hally/Tab/Dice a little bit, I don't think that's very farfetched.

D2

This post

We have until tomorrow to finish moving everything out of/cleaning our old apartment, so I was scarce after work today, catching up.

I do think that the chances of RTE being scum are now very very low.  I am also glad that a Dice is dead and scum, because I have a terrible time reading him.

EW. This post seems really innocent, but she's clearing RTE saying he's not scum now. Assuming that you possibly thought Taborline was scum with RTE d1 or that he was white-knighting her as scum, you're not really following up with that at this point, but she's suspicious of Rhea and okay with a CFD there. Eventually she drops an unnecessary vote on Lessa.

D3:

My business is over thank Jeebus.

With the Seer death, I really think we should all do a reread and try to deduce peeks, I'm going through right now.

In the meantime, I'm going to go with what I think we should've done yesterday and

Vote: Rhea

Okay, she did state her intention to vote Rhea yesterday, that's for sure. But I don't see why she didn't push it if she were town, especially being that Lessa was getting lynched regardless. Also, why she didn't follow up on a read of Taborline (independent of RTE), which I'm finding fishy. I stopped pushing Taborline for a while and her lynch has yet to gain any traction. That Hally was even SOMEWHAT suspicious of Taborline d1 is fishy to me because she hasn't brought it up since.

What's getting me though is WHY did she vote Lessa unless she really thought she was scum. That is a townie thing to do, imo, not a scummy thing. If she were scum, she would know that Lessa would flip town. If she were scum, she might have gained town credit for being one of the only people looking in a different direction from a townie lynch. I just don't see a situation here that makes sense with her being mafia and making that vote on the Lessa lynch. This is probably the only point in her favor, yet it's the reason that some people are voting her?

Last posts are trying to determine BFG's peeks: no conclusion.

Spoilered are the votes on Hally thus far:  (potential questions for Razen, RTE, Kronos, Sooh inside)

Two observations -

@ Rhea - What do you think about where RTE sits after Lessa's town flip?

I'm sorry, truly sorry I haven't been here.  Keys have been turned in so I'm officially done!

I've been trying to keep up on my cell at least to follow along at work.  

Rhea makes me nervous due the thinking right up there:

Originally you implied RTE was mafia and that Lessa was probably a team mate voting for "cleaning" (my words). It makes sense to have them as strong candidates

If you don't follow that theory, I would expect at least one of them should be higher

I think that all depends on if Lessa is lynched today and how she flips. I don't know where RTE is going to fall in my lineup after that TBH. 

With the way last day phase went down, trying to cast doubt on RTE is not a good look.

What does this mean?

And I don't like how Hallia pokes at Rhea here for trying to cast doubt on RTE, given how things have transpired since.  Day 1, his vote was all about self-preservation.  Not exactly the most pro-town motivation out there, if we look at it from the just the D1 perspective.  Hallia seems very certain that RTE is town, I wonder why that is?  She isn't the seer.  And now that we know that Lessa was not Dice's teammate, I think Lessa's vote on RTE should be looked at more positively than we did yesterday.

The top is a great question Razen, but I wish you had held off to ask it.  I was wondering the same based on her presenting both of them as viable mafia candidates yesterday... thought we would get more out of watching her interact with RTE before saying anything.

I'm not sure how I feel about the bottom.  We know Hallia's not the seer, but I could see her assuming that RTE is pretty much cleared after Dice's flip - she certainly wouldn't have been the only one treating him that way.  I think knowing Lessa wasn't deliberately evening out the trains to save Dice gives MORE plausibility to the case for RTE being mafia, but he's certainly not one of my top candidates.  Do you think he might be?

I don't think he is either, at least not yet.  I can see why that assumption would be made, at least on the surface.  It is a relatively small leap to take.  But I don't think a self-preservation vote, even on someone who ends up as mafia, should be enough to pretty much clear someone the way that Hallia has.  It reads to me like she knows that RTE is town and that she's trying to use that to put suspicion on Rhea.  It's also one of those "noting" style posts, bringing something up because it looks bad but never following up on it.

No problems with Razen here, I like his exchange in this post a lot, I think this is the cleanest reason of the four votes for Hallia

*votes Hally for acting like she knows RTE is town, in short

I think Taborline was a likely peek candidate and can see BFG having done that. That takes her out of my bottom at the moment.

Between Rhea and Hallia after yesterday I have a worse feeling about Hallia to be honest. Rhea has been here and trying. Not saying I agree with everything she has posted or like it, but Hallia I feel is more actively holding back. 

My feelings about the Lessa flip are largely what others have said, wish she fought for it more but not sure how much info it particularly gives us. 

I think Rhea and Hallia are the two best candidates today but I think Hallia's lack of play is more concerning of the two. Still wary of Kronos, but he's here and trying as well. Hallia's flip should cast light on his  alignment. Finding POE a bit tough to do so far here.

[v] Hallia [/v]

I still want an answer to what is in red. I want to know what you mean by this. It's really confusing me and I'm probably not going to like you later basing Kronos' alignment off of Hally's flip. Also, why is Rhea a good candidate for a lynch today?

*RTE voting Hally for lack of play

My business is over thank Jeebus.

With the Seer death, I really think we should all do a reread and try to deduce peeks, I'm going through right now.

In the meantime, I'm going to go with what I think we should've done yesterday and

Vote: Rhea

Blue: Deducing peeks is pointless.  Nobody was cleared by her and she didn't post what she'd found out.  I don't see the point in wasting energy trying to figure out who those peeks are when we will never know exactly who they were until the end of the game.  Not to mention the fact that people could come up with a different list of possible peeks.  It's already happened.

Green: So you're saying you would rather have voted Rhea than resolve what happened with Lessa yesterday?  You voted Lessa anyway - and your vote was not necessary either, it was clear that she was getting lynched.  I'm assuming that since you wanted to vote Rhea yesterday that she's your #1 scum read.  And yet you didn't vote there.

^quoted because I pretty much agree with all of the above

Hallia is really my top pick for today. Mostly because of her vote on Lessa and statement that Rhea seemed like the better choice.

[v]Hallia[/v]

Feeling comfortable on laine and clov. Unsure on rhea and razen.

*voting Hally because she didn't vote her #1 scum read

At this point I feel relatively comfortable with Laine and RTE. Clov is also fairly clear for me, though I'm not a fan of a Taborline lynch. 

I still find Hallia suspicious for being so uncommunicative(?). It's not really what I want to say, but it was the best word I could come up with. 

Kronos is not showing me enough what he thinks for me to town read him. I will agree that he reacts calmly when pushed though. 

[v]Hallia[/v]

My best lead at the moment.

Bold: Why are you not a fan of the Tab lynch?

Blue: I agree here, I'm not sure if that's overall good or bad though

*Sooh voting Hally for not communicating enough

Overall, I'm not entirely opposed to a Hallia lynch, but I'm getting caught up in that vote for Lessa, which doesn't make sense from a mafia standpoint. That and the fact that her train isn't entirely clean-looking to me... it feels like people are just going for an easy target and that bothers me a little. I don't know, I really want to hear more from Hally, especially if she's town

I agree.  Hallia, if you're out there, please talk to us!  If you're town, I don't want this to end up like Lessa did yesterday.

Taborline

D1: My original case that her post here was a scum slip because she immediately assumes Jagen/Sooh could have been a PR instead of mafia: this is suspicious to me because the goal of a townie is to look for scum, not PRs. Her additional response of "that too" also does not work in her favor after I add in the part about Sooh's slot being mafia.

Additionally, saying that Sooh could have a PR is blatant role fishing and it was suspicious that since her post she backtracked and reworded her meaning that special roles included mafia? Next, scum reading everyone fosing/voting her (Sooh, Lessa, RTE) even though she says she understands why I jumped on her post in the first place.

Here, some reads:

Knowing that I'm Town, this is what I read so far.

Based solely on her confidence, activity and straightforward arguments (I've not felt she's been pushing anything odd, or jumping to anyone's defense), I would venture a sturdy guess that Laine is Town.

I really want to like Kronos for his defense of me, but he could so easily be Scum playing for Town brownie points. As soon as I'm lynched, and you see that I am indeed Town, he can ride in and say "See, I told you!"

BFG has me confused so far, but I'm going to go back and read again.

I don't particularly feel like Dice is building up to a vote, more that he's just trying to get answers and being an offensive player, but we'll see what he says today.

Others, I have no idea.

Later, re:Dice

I really don't know who to vote for. I found Dice to be more defensive when questioned, but I don't know if he's always like that.

I just want to quote this series of posts at EOD 1, in the light that Dice flipped mafia. This was before Cairos voted Dice, and then Lessa evened out the vote on RTE::

We need people to vote though. I'm with BFG and don't want to move mine.

I don't want to be a deciding vote on a guess, though.

Lessa, Cairos, and Taborline are all here and haven't voted.

Any chance at least one is scum?

D2/3

Her posts here and here are very different from how she was d1. Help in the mafia QT? At the EOD she was unsure of her vote and wouldn't vote either way, until Cairos and Lessa came in and tilted/evened out the trains again. Then start of D1 and suddenly she's got a strong read on RTE and talks though the events of d1.

Her reads end up like so:

Most likely Town: RTE, Sooh, BFG

Suspicious Scum: WBK, Clov, Lessa

And she places her vote on Lessa. @Tab: at this point, what were your reads on the other players? You seem to be missing out Razen, Hally, Alanna, and Rhea. Was there a reason for this?

Also, why did you believe Raz's vote on Dice could be scummy? This post

Doesn't like Hally's posts after Sooh's suggestions, wants to know why the switch on RTE. Which is odd for me, being that Tabor never took a stance on RTE d1 to begin with. Haven't seen much from her since she just kind of went with the flow on the Hally sus, so I'm not sure what to think of that yet. Feels like mafia laying low now that she's not under suspicion, as opposed to town trying to figure out the game.

**Interactions with Dice: I remember D1 disagreeing with BFG that Dice was leading up to vote Taborline. His wording lead me more to believe that he was waffling on how he should be reading her, especially adding in the noob card for her and debating how that should be weighed for/against her favor.  Being that he DIDN'T vote Taborline and went with no lynch instead doesn't look good for Taborline here.

Red: The only reason those players were missed out was because I didn't have any read on them at all. I questioned Raz's vote as possibly being there to gain a bit of cred, as I said in that post. Just saying what I think.

I honestly didn't have a strong enough read on anyone on D1 to cast a vote, let alone an important one. After an initial death, getting reads on people gets (slightly) easier. 

Clov I hate you. :dry:

-snip the part about Rhea-

--------------------------

Taborline

D1: My original case that her post here was a scum slip because she immediately assumes Jagen/Sooh could have been a PR instead of mafia: this is suspicious to me because the goal of a townie is to look for scum, not PRs. Her additional response of "that too" also does not work in her favor after I add in the part about Sooh's slot being mafia.

Additionally, saying that Sooh could have a PR is blatant role fishing and it was suspicious that since her post she backtracked and reworded her meaning that special roles included mafia? Next, scum reading everyone fosing/voting her (Sooh, Lessa, RTE) even though she says she understands why I jumped on her post in the first place.

Here, some reads:

Knowing that I'm Town, this is what I read so far.

Based solely on her confidence, activity and straightforward arguments (I've not felt she's been pushing anything odd, or jumping to anyone's defense), I would venture a sturdy guess that Laine is Town.

I really want to like Kronos for his defense of me, but he could so easily be Scum playing for Town brownie points. As soon as I'm lynched, and you see that I am indeed Town, he can ride in and say "See, I told you!"

BFG has me confused so far, but I'm going to go back and read again.

I don't particularly feel like Dice is building up to a vote, more that he's just trying to get answers and being an offensive player, but we'll see what he says today.

Others, I have no idea.

Later, re:Dice

I really don't know who to vote for. I found Dice to be more defensive when questioned, but I don't know if he's always like that.

I just want to quote this series of posts at EOD 1, in the light that Dice flipped mafia. This was before Cairos voted Dice, and then Lessa evened out the vote on RTE::

We need people to vote though. I'm with BFG and don't want to move mine.

I don't want to be a deciding vote on a guess, though.

Lessa, Cairos, and Taborline are all here and haven't voted.

Any chance at least one is scum?

D2/3

Her posts here and here are very different from how she was d1. Help in the mafia QT? At the EOD she was unsure of her vote and wouldn't vote either way, until Cairos and Lessa came in and tilted/evened out the trains again. Then start of D1 and suddenly she's got a strong read on RTE and talks though the events of d1.

Her reads end up like so:

Most likely Town: RTE, Sooh, BFG

Suspicious Scum: WBK, Clov, Lessa

And she places her vote on Lessa. @Tab: at this point, what were your reads on the other players? You seem to be missing out Razen, Hally, Alanna, and Rhea. Was there a reason for this?

Also, why did you believe Raz's vote on Dice could be scummy? This post

Doesn't like Hally's posts after Sooh's suggestions, wants to know why the switch on RTE. Which is odd for me, being that Tabor never took a stance on RTE d1 to begin with. Haven't seen much from her since she just kind of went with the flow on the Hally sus, so I'm not sure what to think of that yet. Feels like mafia laying low now that she's not under suspicion, as opposed to town trying to figure out the game.

**Interactions with Dice: I remember D1 disagreeing with BFG that Dice was leading up to vote Taborline. His wording lead me more to believe that he was waffling on how he should be reading her, especially adding in the noob card for her and debating how that should be weighed for/against her favor.  Being that he DIDN'T vote Taborline and went with no lynch instead doesn't look good for Taborline here.

Green - I remember that, because I left my vote there as a result.  Which leads into the next point.

Blue - I also remember that, but I need to look back and see if I had moved my vote by then or not.  Because she didn't include me on that list, and I had definitely voted her.  Why is that the case?

Lime green - Her progression with reads.  I find two things interesting.  One, is that she went from having Laine as a town read to conspicuously leaving her off the list of her most likely to be town on Day 2.  The second thing was that her most likely to be town included everyone alive that had voted for Dice except me.  She's not really said anything about me.  Which is something I want to bring up again.  In her defense, I can see why Rhea and Hallia were left off, since they hadn't really posted much up to that point.

Purple - Knowing what we do now about Dice, it's entirely possible that she was trying to protect her teammate by not being decisive.  Especially since she'd said it was her game on DM (not counting the one she said she'd subbed out of).  Both Lessa and Cairos were town voting their top scum reads, I don't see why Taborline couldn't have done the same.

Dark red - Another thing I noticed.  She left me off of all her read lists, but brings up the fact that she thought my vote on Dice was scummy.  If she thinks it's scummy, why doesn't she follow up on it?

Orange - I'm getting that feeling too, honestly.

Aqua blue - The original reason people were thinking a Dice/Taborline scum team.  By itself, I don't want to take something a scum player does as the sole reason for thinking she could flip scum as well.  But, taking the above into account, this is the conclusion I'm reaching.

I'm not liking the way that Taborline is blatantly ignoring some people when it comes to lists of reads.  I've been conspicuously left off those lists with nothing to really explain why.  There's also little reasoning as to some of her reads.   Her questioning of my vote on Dice reads to me like she's trying to see who could be persuaded to take that angle as well.  I don't see why should would point that out as being scummy to her and yet wouldn't follow up on that if she felt it was genuinely scummy.

Looking at the respective cases, I'm going to unvote, vote: Taborline. 

I want to hear from Hallia though.  I will be following along, and depending on if/how she answers, I could be persuaded to move back to her.

I have a hard time narrowing down my best suspect between Taborline, Rhea, and Kronos.

Rhea has done the most lately to move into a town lean, with Taborline closely behind her and some persistent suspicion regarding Kronos. 

I kind of feel there is a deeper wolf out there though and if I had to guess who that is I would say Laine. 

Trying to read Clov, from D3 start.

From the start, not sure about peek. Says: “I'm comfortable saying it definitely was not me, Tabor, RTE, Hallia, or Sooh.  I would also GUESS it wasn't Laine.  Gun to my head, I would go with Cairos as the N0 just because everything she said about him was positive.”

Clov then backs up Razen, and says there’s no point pursuing the peek if it wasn’t 100% clear.

FSM this is difficult.  BFG, you know I think you're fantastic, but you did not do us any favors by tipping your peak.   :dry:

D1:

1. Clov
/a lot of effort to explain her posts/thougth process to me
/not on the same page as me, but agrees my point RTE's reaction was weird
+/comes back and says we're not really apart
+/liked my early kickstarter vote, likes my prodding, but -not confident calling me town yet
-worried I'm going to break her heart, I'm being cautious

2. Razen
/asked for expansion on him liking Dice's responses
+/posts have been making sense, ++"Am really, really liking the fluidity of his reads"

3. Laine
-Odd vote, questioned about her voting Hallia.  
+/Activity a good thing. 
-/Slight push for going back to fluffy. 
+/"Edging townward" after asking for lurkers to get active
/reaction was either incredibly pro-town OR pro-mafia
+asks her to be "strong, confident Town!Laine"
+/mostly ping in "good ways", but -still needs time to be sure

4. Taborline
--thinks Tabor possibly TWTBAW, but explains she had bad luck with that previouly
-/soft FOS for asking why she would bring up sooh might be cop
-/ISO'ed for exchange with sooh, but doesn't give conclusions
+/Tabor not the way to go today.  Points out issues with Tabor's explanation but makes it sem possible
-didn't like her "that too post", but +/posts seem reasonable

5. Hallia
/points out several people "conspicuously absent" but names Hallia specifically
-no read on her

6. RTE
+/humor, but maybe nto alignment indicative?
-points out RTE has Dice in bottom 3 but not commenting on BFG's case
-Suggest he could fool her, being relaxed is a null tell
--really big ISO on him
--"Actually RTE talk me through that again... You're voting Rhea because she ISN'T voting you??? What???"

8. Rhea
+/humor, but maybe not alignment indicative?
/posted fluff during initial debate. +/sounds relaxed but -/"haven't payed enough attention to content."

9. Sooh
+/says Sooh is right about not incriminating oneself as town
-no read on her

10. Cairos - Peeves the Poltergeist, vanilla town - killed N1
+/ asks him directly what he thought of my vote
+/ well wishes about exam, asks for thoughts
++disagrees with the majority about him, says he was townie and hopes he can get involved D2

11. Kronos
/excited when he came in thread?, asks who he wasn't feeling happy with

12. Lessa - Ron Weasley, vanilla town - lynched D2

If Tress didn't specifically state in the rules that N0 peeks would be randomized among VT's, I would actually guess that the peek was Dice.  I've excluded him because obviously he wasn't, but I really don't know.  I'm comfortable saying it definitely was not me, Tabor, RTE, Hallia, or Sooh.  I would also GUESS it wasn't Laine.  Gun to my head, I would go with Cairos as the N0 just because everything she said about him was positive.

This is a good, old-fashioned case of we as a town need to figure things out for ourselves.  BFG never stated who her peeks were, and I think that we're going on a wild goose chase trying to figure out who she had peeked.  We can debate that all day, we're never going to get the answer.

For me, it's a case of sifting through what's been posted and trying to figure out where to go from here.

Without having checked D2 yet, I think this might be the best option.  I'm still going to take a look over her more recent posts so see if I can't figure something out, though.  If we can find one clear peek, that could be a huge advantage.

If they're not clear, then there's no point.

So you don't think that post is the peek, Clov? You don't think her "relatively confident" comment is relevant?

I'm still going back over the thread, at least back to EOD 1 to see, but if I was to guess I would say those two were peeks. It would make sense for her N1 to be one of those two. I would have to go back further to see who might have been her N0, but did she ever vote RTE?

Based on her interactions with them from D1, I can't see either of them being a N0 peek.  She's an experienced player and obviously played an incredibly strong game - I doubt that she would put two peeks at the same level of confidence as two unpeeked players, especially when saying they're only "likely town".  The fact she put the two of them separate by saying she needs to review you and Razen gives it more credit IMO, but I'm not confident enough on it to lock those peeks in.

Bold - Tab wouldn't have been a bad peek, but there's no RTE could be a N1 peek.  Who cops the counterwagon to a successful mafia lynch?

I agree, it would be nice to have something 100% clear, but why would she do that and get herself even more killed than she already is? I think she gave us an 80% hint, and covered her tracks a bit for her own safety (which didn’t work out). Is there specific language that someone normally uses to get their point across? 

If anybody is feeling highly confident about somebody's chances to be peeked, I'm all ears, but I can't make heads or tails out of it.  I think there's an argument to be made for just about everybody left in the game, and there's something you can argue that suggests they weren't the peek.   I know if I'm the cop and get an innocent viewing of somebody, I'm never saying something like "<whoever> could be in my POE" or "I think <somebody> is a good place to look today", but I'm prepared how BFG would (or would not) put her peeks out there.

Ah, okay, so strike that last question. 

-RTE first began pushing Lessa as a suspect about six hours before deadline on D1, along with Dice and Rhea, because he felt she had a lazy vote.  He said that he would be willing to move to her if she emerged as a candidate.  He named her again about a half hour before deadline while saying that Dice was the bottom candidate he was least sure of.  I would feel better about RTE if he actually tried to swing the vote towards her, but she wasn't really viable for his preservation, and his vote did help seal a lynch on mafia.  

D2 he still had her as a suspect, so that's a good sign.  He didn't really seem to look at much beyond her, but if she was one of his stronger candidates BEFORE the EoD vote, I can't really fault him for moving on her early.  I'm relatively comfortable this was a genuine read.

-Razen called Lessa's vote opportunistic on the 28th and questioned Taborline for not having any opinion on her.  After a back-and-forth with Tabor about it, says that Lessa is the one most likely to be trying to find town cred.  He unvotes (not sure who it was on at the time...maybe Tabor?) and switches to Lessa.  Lists Lessa as one of his bottom scum reads an hour before D1 dl, along with Dice, while townreading RTE.  This was before the Dice train took off and RTE was sitting in the lead.  This post was probably the most anybody said about Lessa day one, and he came in early after the start of Day 2 with this post.   

Considering the bold, Razen would have to be completely deepwolfing it.

-Laine says that she can understand RTE reading Lessa (along with Rhea) as mafia but opposes his scumread of Dice on the 29th.  Shortly after, she reviews Lessa's vote on Taborline and says it doesn't look so bad.  Beginning D2, she says that Lessa is the worst looking from the RTE train and needs pressure.  Had RTE/Tab/Lessa as her bottom three beginning D2 and said several times that she would like the three of them resolved.  

That's not too bad IMO, and it would have been incredibly more suspicious if she had started with RTE, but now she's nominating Rhea and Hallia as the wagons for today.  Given her interactions with Dice and her sudden dropping of RTE and Tab - even with Lessa flipping town - I'm not liking her at all right now.

This post makes a good point about Laine. The fact that she has now circled back to a vote on me might be a response to this? I'm not sure I see that in Laine's favour.

[v]Laine[/v]

A red flip from Lessa would have cleared Taborline and RTE for her.  Obviously that didn't happen, and now she's calling for competing wagons on Rhea/Hallia.  And then she had this today.  

@Clov: I do have RTE as a town read now, but where did I say that I'm not still scum reading Taborline? I think her interactions d2 were better, but I think that on d1 was a scum slip, I also believe Dice was not going to vote her d1. From mafia!Dice, that is suspicious to me if she's town, because I was ready to push that lynch. Having Rhea/Hallia in my POE is nothing more than me reevaluating. 

Think about the implications of the bold.  She's saying Taborline scumslipped.  In other words, she admitted to being mafia.  Maybe Laine was planning on getting wagons going and then trying to start a CFD on Tabor after we got some discussion going, but she's not driving discussion about Tabor at this point.  If you're going to do competing wagons for reactions/spew, how do you NOT nominate somebody you think outed themselves as scum as one of the competing wagons?

For this reason. 

@Rhea:

RED: I disagree, there was still language that was still confusing: read my post HERE

BLUE: ??? What would you rather me say? lol

Purple: I can link people how ever I like.. see below:

Okay, so here's the thing. Those on the Dice lynch look pretty dang good. The train was fast and the team had no chance to talk about where their votes should go, and that's beside the fact that RTE was tied with Dice. This is my town pile: Sooh, RTE, Razen, Cairos

Those off of the Dice train: Clov, Kronos, Hally, Alanna, Tab, Rhea

I know I'm town, I'm getting a town lean from Clov.

That puts my POE at

Kronos, who I don't feel like I've gotten enough information on

Hallia who has been pretty invisible/scummy? but added a last minute vote on Lessa that no mafia would want to get their hands dirty with

Taborline: got pressure d1, I didn't like her wording, Mafia!Dice waffled on her vote and didn't vote her, probably knowing I would lead that train

Rhea: scummy, had some questionable reads, tossed a vote on Lessa d2, not liking her responses, trying to clear peeks based on no information

[unvote]

I'm pretty sure Laine just townspewed herself in this post.  It's not 100%, but there's something that sticks out to me that I don't see coming from mafia....

Now Clov switches tack on Laine, but I don't think I agree. Not based on the quoted post, but based on her coming back around to me. Clov started the train which is now building, and now Laine is more free to come out and make a "safe" vote for my train without being too obvious as the one trying to build it? I don't know.

Hallia (3): Razen, RTE, Kronos
Rhea (2): Laine, Hallia

Not voting (4): Taborline, Rhea, Sooh, Clovdyx

I think this is the votecount right now.  Hallia wagon looked very clean to me with Razen and RTE, not feeling strongly about Kronos either way right now.  I thought his posts sounded pretty good earlier, but Razen and Sooh are probably my two strongest reads right now because of the Dice lynch.  Rhea train looks worse because the best thing Laine has going for her IMO is that she seemingly didn't know who had been NK'ed, and Hallia's just a huge a question mark for me.

I'll [v]Taborline[/v] for now.  If I'm right about Laine, that means Tabor is the only one from my original list of teammates for Dice, unless it was Dice/Hallia/Kronos and he just didn't interact with them because they weren't posting?

What makes me wonder if Clov is Town is that, what would scum gain from my lynch? I am pretty sure that I was a peek, or at least there was stronger language to suggest that, so once everyone sees that I am town at the end of today, what do you have to gain from that? It would just make those on the train look bad, especially Laine right now for me.

I also really don't like Razen's initial posts today. He doesn’t even want to find the peek, thinks it’s a “wild goose chase”, which strikes me as being odd. Did he look? Just assume the scum got BFG at random? It seems a bit nihilistic, and possibly scummy.

I'm not liking the way that Taborline is blatantly ignoring some people when it comes to lists of reads.  I've been conspicuously left off those lists with nothing to really explain why.  There's also little reasoning as to some of her reads.   Her questioning of my vote on Dice reads to me like she's trying to see who could be persuaded to take that angle as well.  I don't see why should would point that out as being scummy to her and yet wouldn't follow up on that if she felt it was genuinely scummy.

Not ignoring, just not having an opinion one way or the other yet. 

Scum SHOULD be seer hunting until the seer is dead, but sometimes when they have no clue they go with a kill on someone they feel is a strong and dangerous player. BFG was looking a lot like that this game. 

I also really don't like Razen's initial posts today. He doesn’t even want to find the peek, thinks it’s a “wild goose chase”, which strikes me as being odd. Did he look? Just assume the scum got BFG at random? It seems a bit nihilistic, and possibly scummy.

So you're saying you would rather find something that isn't there, and possibly let someone slide to the end of the game just because of what you assume to be a peek?  I did look, there is nothing concrete that would give me a reason to think that anyone should be cleared based on what BFG has posted.  The absolute worst thing we as a town can do is misclear someone and let them skate to the end of the game as mafia.

What makes me wonder if Clov is Town is that, what would scum gain from my lynch? I am pretty sure that I was a peek, or at least there was stronger language to suggest that, so once everyone sees that I am town at the end of today, what do you have to gain from that? It would just make those on the train look bad, especially Laine right now for me.

Dark red - why do you think Clov is town?  And why are you assuming that everyone else on your train is scum?  It looks really bad.

Blue - So you're asking us to clear you because you think that you were the peek?

On mobile. I still feel that She's is the way to go. As for her partner, the initial agreement I had with WBK over RTE ended up being way off. His hop to me over her makes me wonder.

You're referring to Rhea?

I'm not keen on voting Tab due to the ambiguity of BFGs prems. She could've been one, but I'm just not sure

You could use that line of reasoning for any one of the remaining players.

So you're saying you would rather find something that isn't there, and possibly let someone slide to the end of the game just because of what you assume to be a peek?  I did look, there is nothing concrete that would give me a reason to think that anyone should be cleared based on what BFG has posted.  The absolute worst thing we as a town can do is misclear someone and let them skate to the end of the game as mafia.

I'm saying you should try, not just come straight in and say there's no point even looking. From the post you made, it didn't sound as if you did look.

If Hallia flips mafia there's a lot to be said about Kronos and Taborline's respective alignments. 

The only thing that I can see if Hallia flips mafia is that I would semi-clear Rhea based on how Hallia has been pushing her.  If two scum players waffled on Taborline, I could also see her being the third, but I'm not seeing how it would give much info on Kronos.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Hallia (3): RTE, Kronos, Sooh
Rhea (1): Hallia
Taborline (3): Clov, Laine, Razen

Not voting (2): Taborline, Rhea

Deadline for Day 3 is Monday, August 3rd at 9:00 AM MST/12 noon EDT:
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150803T09&p0=197&msg=Day+Three+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

DEADLINE IS IN 1 HOUR AND 45 MINUTES

She mentioned him in earlier posts and buddied his reads. There isn't a ton there but enough to get how Hallia was reading him.

Yeah, that's true.  We called her out on it too, haha.  You're right though, there's not a ton there.

Archived