DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

Do you think Lessa and RTE are a viable team, or would they have to be separate?

I don't know what you mean by team exactly? If you mean do I think they could both be mafia, I do suppose it is possible though it's probably a stretch. My gut says Lessa panicked and came in last second to make it a tie to try and get Dice off in a tie breaker. Giving him a 50/50 chance. Which if true, would make me lean more towards RTE being town because the more I think about it the more I don't know what benefit it would have to all 3 of them for her to make it a tie right then. LOL...I'm up in the air right now. I think finding out Lessa's true alignment is a good way to move forward at this point.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, a quick explanation.

I have a new teaching job, and the past two days I've been in meetings, but I'm still at my old job too, so the past two days have been hectic. I spent all day yesterday working with my predecessor figuring out my new position and then worked all night and today switched from third shift to second which basically means I went to bed, woke up, and went right back to work. In the midst of the chaos, I forgot about this game.

Long story short, I have no idea what has happened today (day phase), and I'm not likely to catch up before end of day. The ball is rolling for my teaching job now, so I'll be available the rest of the time (and I really want to play).

My apologies all. I'll have a more active presence soon :sad:

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Lessa (6) RTE, Razen, Laine, Rhea, Taborline, Sooh

Razen (1): Lessa

Laine (1): Clov

Not voting (3): Hallia, BFG, Kronos

Deadline for Day 2 is Friday, July 31st at 9:00 PM MST/midnight EDT:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150731T21&p0=197&msg=Day+Two+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

DEADLINE IS IN ~5 HOURS

Do you think Lessa and RTE are a viable team, or would they have to be separate?

I don't know what you mean by team exactly? If you mean do I think they could both be mafia, I do suppose it is possible though it's probably a stretch. My gut says Lessa panicked and came in last second to make it a tie to try and get Dice off in a tie breaker. Giving him a 50/50 chance. Which if true, would make me lean more towards RTE being town because the more I think about it the more I don't know what benefit it would have to all 3 of them for her to make it a tie right then. LOL...I'm up in the air right now. I think finding out Lessa's true alignment is a good way to move forward at this point.  

Bold is exactly what I mean.  The reason I asked, and why I asked if you would be willing to lynch RTE today earlier, is because I wanted to see how you would talk about the two of them.  I made a comment about something you did that caught my eye (taking out the IRL-related comments):

Good job guys! I know it came down to random roll....though my gut feeling is either way we would have caught scum, and I think their teammate was hoping to make it a tie so that the one left would look clean. 

In that case I think I will [v]Lessa[/v] for now and see how things shake out. I need to go back and read everything again and look at a few things. But I think that last minute tie vote pretty much cinches it for me. 

I will be back and let you all know what the doctor says.

Carry on!

The only way that we could have caught scum either way yesterday is if RTE and Dice were teammates, obviously.  So her "gut feeling" was that RTE was mafia - which makes it impossible to determine Lessa's alignment - but she voted for her anyways.  That was after she had already gotten three votes in the first seven hours.  AFAICT she's made no progress on him (or anyone else, based on her earlier reads list) today and hasn't even tested the waters to even get people to consider him as scum.

Okay, a quick explanation.

I have a new teaching job, and the past two days I've been in meetings, but I'm still at my old job too, so the past two days have been hectic. I spent all day yesterday working with my predecessor figuring out my new position and then worked all night and today switched from third shift to second which basically means I went to bed, woke up, and went right back to work. In the midst of the chaos, I forgot about this game.

Long story short, I have no idea what has happened today (day phase), and I'm not likely to catch up before end of day. The ball is rolling for my teaching job now, so I'll be available the rest of the time (and I really want to play).

My apologies all. I'll have a more active presence soon :sad:

Congratulations on the new job!

Welcome back :)

Bold is exactly what I mean.  The reason I asked, and why I asked if you would be willing to lynch RTE today earlier, is because I wanted to see how you would talk about the two of them.  I made a comment about something you did that caught my eye (taking out the IRL-related comments):

Good job guys! I know it came down to random roll....though my gut feeling is either way we would have caught scum, and I think their teammate was hoping to make it a tie so that the one left would look clean. 

In that case I think I will [v]Lessa[/v] for now and see how things shake out. I need to go back and read everything again and look at a few things. But I think that last minute tie vote pretty much cinches it for me. 

Carry on!

The only way that we could have caught scum either way yesterday is if RTE and Dice were teammates, obviously.  So her "gut feeling" was that RTE was mafia - which makes it impossible to determine Lessa's alignment - but she voted for her anyways.  That was after she had already gotten three votes in the first seven hours.  AFAICT she's made no progress on him (or anyone else, based on her earlier reads list) today and hasn't even tested the waters to even get people to consider him as scum.

This may have been the post I was waiting for

*confuddled

Carry on!

Yes Sir...you are exactly right. And that was my initial reaction. As I said in the Blue...the more I think about it the more I'm not sure my initial feeling was right. 

Bold is exactly what I mean. The reason I asked, and why I asked if you would be willing to lynch RTE today earlier, is because I wanted to see how you would talk about the two of them. I made a comment about something you did that caught my eye (taking out the IRL-related comments):

Good job guys! I know it came down to random roll....though my gut feeling is either way we would have caught scum, and I think their teammate was hoping to make it a tie so that the one left would look clean.

Carry on!

The only way that we could have caught scum either way yesterday is if RTE and Dice were teammates, obviously. So her "gut feeling" was that RTE was mafia - which makes it impossible to determine Lessa's alignment - but she voted for her anyways. That was after she had already gotten three votes in the first seven hours. AFAICT she's made no progress on him (or anyone else, based on her earlier reads list) today and hasn't even tested the waters to even get people to consider him as scum.

This may have been the post I was waiting for

*confuddled

Watido

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Rhea (1): Clov

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150731T21&p0=197&msg=Day+Two+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

DEADLINE IS IN JUST UNDER 4 HOURS

But if that's the case, and you don't think that RTE and Lessa are plausible teammates, I would expect him not to be your #2 candidate.

K...sorry. I don't follow this. Those are the people that have made me feel like they could be mafia. Lessa is first because of the vote on RTE. RTE for a bunch of other reasons. I said it was possible but would be stretch for them to be teammates.   

What do you think? Do you think they could be teammates?

Originally you implied RTE was mafia and that Lessa was probably a team mate voting for "cleaning" (my words). It makes sense to have them as strong candidates

If you don't follow that theory, I would expect at least one of them should be higher

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT (unchanged):

DEADLINE IS IN ~3 HOURS

Originally you implied RTE was mafia and that Lessa was probably a team mate voting for "cleaning" (my words). It makes sense to have them as strong candidates

If you don't follow that theory, I would expect at least one of them should be higher

I think that all depends on if Lessa is lynched today and how she flips. I don't know where RTE is going to fall in my lineup after that TBH. 

I'm sorry, truly sorry I haven't been here.  Keys have been turned in so I'm officially done!

I've been trying to keep up on my cell at least to follow along at work.  

Rhea makes me nervous due the thinking right up there:

I think that all depends on if Lessa is lynched today and how she flips. I don't know where RTE is going to fall in my lineup after that TBH. 

With the way last day phase went down, trying to cast doubt on RTE is not a good look.

I'm sorry, truly sorry I haven't been here.  Keys have been turned in so I'm officially done!

I've been trying to keep up on my cell at least to follow along at work.  

Rhea makes me nervous due the thinking right up there:

With the way last day phase went down, trying to cast doubt on RTE is not a good look.

What does this mean?

DEADLINE IS IN ~1.5 HOURS

Deadline for Day 2 is Friday, July 31st at 9:00 PM MST/midnight EDT:http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150731T21&p0=197&msg=Day+Two+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1DEADLINE IS IN 41 minutes

Hi Seph!

Nothing's really happened, I do like the pressure on Rhea. I feel like we've caught mafia in Lessa already though.

Rhea's explanations feel like something I've seen people do as mafia: implicate people even though it doesn't make sense and flail in their reads a bit

But if that's the case, and you don't think that RTE and Lessa are plausible teammates, I would expect him not to be your #2 candidate.

K...sorry. I don't follow this. Those are the people that have made me feel like they could be mafia. Lessa is first because of the vote on RTE. RTE for a bunch of other reasons. I said it was possible but would be stretch for them to be teammates.   

What do you think? Do you think they could be teammates?

This just doesn't make a lot of sense. If Lessa was teammates with both the trains yesterday, there is no reason she would ever come in and balance the trains and implicate herself. Dice would have been lynched, and RTE town read more for being an opposing train to mafia (normally). That she came in and place that vote put her in a bad light. It's basically not possible unless the whole scum team wanted to go down together in back to back lynches

Archived