DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

British Monarchy Mafia- Game Over, Town Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

Been reading since I woke up, don't have much time before I gotta finish getting ready for work, but I don't like this turnout, either.  Due to his play, John Snow pretty much outed Pral as a vig.  

Also, re: the 'are you town' thing - I have been known to do that from time to time.  Lie Detectors can be a thing, and while I am not one, if there is one I like making their lives easier.  It's fun to see who is quick to chime in with an "I am town" and who questions it. >=D

She likes the idea. She thinks it's fun to see who says they're town quickly and who questions it. But, she doesn't say it herself.

[unvote]

[v]Hally[/v]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been reading since I woke up, don't have much time before I gotta finish getting ready for work, but I don't like this turnout, either.  Due to his play, John Snow pretty much outed Pral as a vig.  

Also, re: the 'are you town' thing - I have been known to do that from time to time.  Lie Detectors can be a thing, and while I am not one, if there is one I like making their lives easier.  It's fun to see who is quick to chime in with an "I am town" and who questions it. >=D

She likes the idea. She thinks it's fun to see who says they're town quickly and who questions it. But, she doesn't say it herself.

[unvote]

[v]Hally[/v]

Do not like Eldrick taking heat for his vote then quickly moves along to another weak case.  Looks like he's tryIng to change the subject.

Unvote, Vote Eldrick

8. Eldrick - He votes JS as soon as he sees his claim and even before looking at my claim. Then he sees my claim and says it looks worse for JS in this post and that looked odd. Then he starts the idea that the vigs must prove themselves and reinsforces the views in a few more post including here . That looked more like fishing. Both his later votes - on JS and me seems like he is trying to jump on the latest train. Leaning scum for me.

First of all, not jumping on the latest train. JS's play was bad, and he wasn't defending himself well, so I voted him. I accepted his answer for what he did, but I'm still skeptical. I voted you for pressure because you didn't respond in over a day. I don't like that you waited until after JS explained what he was doing. I also don't like that you're soft claiming JOAT, but that's a bias I'm carrying from another game where I got burned for it. Trying not to let that cloud my judgement.

As for my first post, I started reading the thread on my phone, when I woke up. By the time I got to JS's claim, I decided I wanted to transfer to the computer, and I posted my thoughts on it when I got here, then continued reading. As I mentioned before, it was a bad place to stop, but it is what it is.

In regards to the vig clearing themselves idea, if you were in our shoes (two people hard claiming vig and not ccing each other), how would you have handled it? I think my way was a good way of going about it. That's why I was pushing it. And it's not fishing, because you already claimed.

I went back to look at Eldrick, since I looked at Pral's read list and I wanted to examine where we disagreed.

Hey guys. I'm here, and catching up.

So far, the only thing that caught my attention was JS claiming vig on Day 1. I don't trust that claim.

[v]JS[/v]

Back to reading.

Voted for JS at this point, and then literally comes back after.

Wow. I stopped reading at just the wrong time.

Pral hardclaims right afterwards.

I read this as a joke. I don't think he's actually vig. He very well could be, and hiding under the other claim. There could easily also be 2 vig's. I still don't believe either of the claims. Why claim vig Day 1? I think it looks worse for JS than it does for Pral, though.

This feels forced to me.  Literally, read like a couple more posts and he would've seen that. 

So I know basically nothing about British Monarchy. Is there any good way to tell good char claims from bad ones? Were there bad monarchs over the years?

I really, really, don't like this line.  This looks to me like he's looking to fish for names for a claim, should he need it.

Let's try to avoid a DL hitting without majority, k?

Random death with no coroner report is just bad.

It was still a long way out from the deadline (I believe it still is too).  This line feels to me like he's trying to get people to speed things up without carefully considering things and waiting for more information.

1. dicetosser1 - No posts at all - null

2. NotBob - Haven't seen enough to give me a read one way or another - null

3. Aiel Heart - Not enough posts - null

4. alannalynn - Not enough posts - null

5. Pralaya - Hardclaim vig cc - Time will tell

7. lord of the dawn - Not enough posts - null

8. Eldrick - Not bad posts, seems towny enough

9. Zander - Not bad posts at all, stronger town read

10. Seph - Asking questions, seems engaged - towny

11. TinaHel - One post - null

12. Razen - Same as Seph, towny as well

13. Talya - THE ONE LOCK CLEAR TO RULE THEM ALL

14. John Snow - poor reactions, quick to vote initially, not improved since

No scum reads at all?  The only one I'm seeing that you're not put in your lean town or null column is JS, and I'm not really inclined to think he's scum at this point.

There isn't anything wrong with not having scum leans yet. It takes me a while to get them myself.

Not incriminating by itself, because it is true, it can take a while to sit down and analyze things.  But I don't like how he lectures about that after I asked Hallia more about her read list.

snip

Can I clear something up for you? I find it weird that the only thing you have to comment on about my posts is me commenting on Seph assuming it's an advanced game.

As for Zander saying there being one mafia among Talya/Hally/Snow/Pral, I see where he's coming from there. With Talya and Hally, there's the whole Hally unreasonably clearing Talya. And then Snow and Pral are the vig claims. I wouldn't add Talya to the list, but the other 3 definitely have some explaining to do.

I don't like how he's going with the four people that Zander had suspected.  Someone else had pointed out that if you pulled 4 random names, there's a reasonable chance that you could get at least 1 wolf.  I've felt better about Hally as I've gone back and read, and Talya has been pretty solid as well.  We now have a bit more on Snow and Pral too.

Because a) its just stalling the game b) people can read it when they get on here its not going anywhere right? c) seems like maybe he's waiting on a teammate or adice on what to say.

Theres just no good reason for it.  And im surprised theres not more votes on him to create pressure for him to stop stalling.

^^^this

[v]JS[/v]

His vote on JS.  No real reason, just piggybacks off of what Zander said about voting to pressure JS.  It feels like he's just content to slip right in under that umbrella.

I think that we could do with pressing Eldrick a bit more.  I really don't like how he tried to ask about which monarchs were good to claim and which weren't.  Couple that with his reaction when he first voted JS and missing the second claim, and what to me felt like speeding up a lynch train that didn't need at that point, and I'm getting pretty weird vibes from him.  Unvote, vote: Eldrick.

Bold 1: It was more a "How can I tell a good claim from a bad one?" If someone char claims, it will mean absolutely nothing to me.

Bold 2: It's something that has been on my mind lately. Go and check out my recent "Hybdrid Hammers and Deadlines" thread in GD. It was before this game started.

Bold 3: I talked about JS earler in that post. What Zander said just reinforced it, so I mentioned it, and then voted JS, as I was going to anyway.

[unvote]

[v]Hally[/v]

Do not like Eldrick taking heat for his vote then quickly moves along to another weak case.  Looks like he's tryIng to change the subject.

Unvote, Vote Eldrick

Really? My vote was for pressure. It got the desired effect and wasn't staying. I found something else weird and moved it to Hally.

It was not for changing the subject. I still responded to what the heat was for.

Mmmmmm. Eld is all over the place for me. I don't feel that scum would be that spastic, one would hope his team would reign it in.

[unvote]

[v] LordoftheDawn/v]

Haven't seen anything really good from him, would still vote John Snow as well.

Anyway, [v]lord of the dawn[/v]

Based on my earlier reads. I don't think his reads are that organic when you look at it. The vote train on JS looks definitely scum driven. 

hey that hurts haha. i was honestly getting tired of his shenanigans. 22 pages  of playing catch up and seeing nothing but him defend himself poorly is enough,  and even with events after, im still wary enough of him to leave my vote there. its hard to see whether or not he's being truthful. and seeing you show up now of all times after this is kinda ridiculous. though i can respect waiting until your done catching up, but i don't think that's the case.

though you put me in a bad place too, haha, either i leave my vote on JS- look like i'm covering my arse and look like a jerk, take my vote off and put it on you, although warranted, makes me look like i'm hopping on the train and hate voting you at the same time, which i wouldn't be. or take it off and look like im still trying to cover myself, kind of a lose lose situation, but for now, im going to 

[unvote]

and see what else happens, too much has happened to really make a good choice. this situation is just weird in and of itself all in all. so i will continue to wait and see

i do, but it was mostly just speculation towards a few that seemed off, mostly JS Zander and Pralaya, most everyone else had either town leanings or seemed neutral to me. those three just stand out the most when i was reading through the first time. it was also 2 in the morning and i was being lazy

Well since you guys are unable to scumhunt if I'm not ITT, I'll just shoot all my work and planning to heck.

was waiting from Pralaya. Definitely dodging thread at this point. Was on at 1 pm yesterday, and 10 pm again. Nothing to say in thread. 

So here goes. What I was doing this game. 

First off, I'm not a vig. I lied. I was kickstarting the game, and seeing who posted differently than normal (see also: my vote on Zander). I wanted to see who was just going to try to fluff their content to not get vigged. 

And that was all I was going to do. And then Pral claimed vig. And didn't vote me. Which I thought was weird as hell. 

But you know, I thought, heck let's see where this goes. And Pral's good with my claim. Which is really weird.

So I decided to spend the rest of the day trying to read Pral. My best plan was to see how Pral reacted to me playing poorly. I also wanted to see Pral's reaction to the mason thing. Also, I'm not a mason with Pral. FYI. Not even slightly. 

See, it's a solid play as a GF to fakeclaim vig. It's irrefutable. Other than the days you want to "vig" you have your team submit the kills. So I was guessing that Pral might be doing that. 

Instead Pral has dodged thread. Intentionally and consistently. (Protip: If you want to dodge thread, set your status to always show offline). Now while this isn't the most scummy thing Pral could do, it's the best play for a scum to do. Let the train on me ramp up, let town kill their vig, and get vetted by a townie death. And lose nothing. 

So that's my thought process. Any questions?

Also Pral obvscum imo. [unvote] [v]Pral[/v]

I'm confused.  First, you said you weren't the vig.  And then, you're saying that Pral's absence is allowing the train on you to ramp up and let us kill our vig.  You're contradicting yourself here.

For what it's worth, I do agree that if he is deliberately avoiding posting in the game thread after browsing when his claim has been questioned endlessly it's that he's trying to hide something.  And I do think it's insanely weird he was ok with your claim too.

need to come back to this when i get to work  

on page 24

I was trying ti ISO Heart, but the quotes are going weird.

So a list instead:

First part is a bit fluffy votes Razen and thenunvotes

- Zander feels off  and we should lynch him

Talks about using vig power and Post count

- Qs Zand on Elds idea of not letting them live (JS and Pral)

- Qs Eld why voting before caught up, why dislike JS over Pral

- Asks Zand the question again

- Likes Razen

- Zander Felt different (again she says this), but no ready to dub him scummy

finds something curious and likeable about Seph an Eld???

Talks about Hally's lock clear on my and my response, does ask Hally for any other strong tremors

- Zand Excitable

- Qs NB over JS and Pral and agrees with his vote on Dice

- Tells JS channelling EP will not win her trust

- Doesn't see Zanders 4 (Snow/Pral/Hally/Tal) as random

- Thinks it is possible we have two vigs, so it's not a counterclaim, immediate vote isn't necessary with a cc, but pressure would be and didn't see any

One Quote

This is odd...now we know what Pral has said. Doesn't automatically mean a link here, but it does mean that Pral could have used this as an excuse. Mod can Wolves talk Day and Night?

If each of the vigs (my computer keeps trying to correct that to "figs" so if I say something about figs at some point just know that it is probably supposed to say "vigs") had some sort of restriction, I could see that being possible.

So that is one possibility out of many. The lack of pressure towards each other between the two claims is interesting (if memory serves, they were almost amenable--will need to read that interaction again) and causing me to think that there is something beyond a counterclaim going on here. 

Oh and managed another quote..phew!

It's a ton easier to be able to make those posts when I'm working less and the game is moving slowly enough for me to keep up easily. Harder to respond to 20+ pages in this way. Glad you all like it? :P 

(*Sniffle* don't worry teal deer posts; I still love you)

Gut says to believe John (gut says he was doing some weird gambit in the first place). Still watching you! 

Ok, so, John has now stated that he is NOT the vig.

Pral claimed, was fine with John and then hasn't done much of anything since (I think he posted once?) so a lot of people are now seeing him as scummy.

Soooo are we thinking that there is no vig? Or does a third person want to step forward and actually counterclaim this time? 

There was something else I was going to comment on but I can't remember what now. Mafia is not a good idea first thing in the morning >.<

This is the one I pointed out earlier. ^^^

Still no over keen on it. Still sounds like a fishing remark, even in jest. but I will stop the tinfoliling at present with her and JS.

Other post - Formatting gone again!

___________________________________________________-

@Talya, I actually feel better about you suspecting me over that.

Ok so AT THE TIME we had two vig claims, John came out and said he wasn't a vig, and then people were looking at Pral as if he was scummy (please see the lines before what was bolded).

So if both of them are not the vig (one said he wasn't and the other was being looked at like he was scummy so he wouldn't be the vig either) the two options based on that would either be (1) no vig or (2) some third person was the vig. 

And that question was meant to be more incredulous. By no means should another vig (if there is one) step forward at this point. I was trying to figure out what people were getting at when they switched their attention/votes from John to Pral

^^ This one, she automatically assumes that Pral can't be a vig because people are funding him Scummy, Not sure  but I didn't like the last part in bold, the rest of her talk didn't sound like that. After this she goes to find out who had changed their votes. This doesn't read right to me at present.

Reading back through I'm more inclined to think there is a link between her and Zander, a few...comments on Zander feeling different, not wanting to putting him her scummy pile yet, This feels off/staged to me. I need to look at Zander a couple of things there I didn't like neither.

I did like her new posts, but when I look closely at them, she goes back to commentary n places rather than reads on people. Feels fency in a few places.

[v]Heart[/v]

sorry, just please don't claim Doc, else I'll cry. <3

i like this post Talya,,,,Heart definitely playing different here,  im getting caught up

Archived