DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

British Monarchy Mafia- Game Over, Town Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay... starting off Part 2, after more quote mishaps. This site makes me so angry sometimes. Btw, it's 530am almost 6am and I promised a lunch date with my bff in 6-7 hours 6 hours, not thrilled I'm having so much trouble.

Anyways, this should be pages 11-20ish

Pg 11 Hally confirmed not believing they're both vigs, thinks Snow's play wolfy

1. dicetosser1 - No posts at all - null
2. NotBob - Haven't seen enough to give me a read one way or another - null
3. Aiel Heart - Not enough posts - null
4. alannalynn - Not enough posts - null
5. Pralaya - Hardclaim vig cc - Time will tell
7. lord of the dawn - Not enough posts - null
8. Eldrick - Not bad posts, seems towny enough
9. Zander - Not bad posts at all, stronger town read
10. Seph - Asking questions, seems engaged - towny
11. TinaHel - One post - null
12. Razen - Same as Seph, towny as well
13. Talya - THE ONE LOCK CLEAR TO RULE THEM ALL
14. John Snow - poor reactions, quick to vote initially, not improved since

Hally why is Talya lock clear? I mean don't get me wrong, she's looking pretty townie, but lock clear? Are these still your same thoughts? What have become of your null reads since this post?

Zander's apparently got me covered on the Lock Clear line of questioning... X    and Hally's response X  

Unsure on the response, needs more looking into.

Pg 12 Lotad's entrance here was bad.

Feeling strongly that theres at least 1 one wolf in Snow/Pral/Hallia/Tayla.  thoughts people?

Zander why a wolf in those 4? How did you choose those four? *answer on pg 15-16 by Eld/Zander;; You're gonna have to explain yourself better when you just throw things out there. :dry:

Hally town, asking a lot of questions, which I like. Feels like her town game actually, and less like that other one she was 100% obv mafia in. :wink:

Seph asking good questions here and in the post after it. Same things I was wondering of Eldrick. Like his thoughts on why JS and Pral were going for Hally

Lotad thinks claims favor Pral more than JS atp (this is the same thing Eldrick said?)

Oh god, two vigs or we have a c.f.
THUNDERDOME ENGAGE

Why cc? Why not two vigs in the game? :)

In the red she states there is two vigs, or one is counter claiming.
We had two vig claims so these are two reasonable responses conclusions imo.
Pralaya either didn't understand her post, or is misrepping her severely.

[v]Hallia[/v]

Feels like she's trying to egg on some TvT action. If we're CC'ing we'd be voting each other.

Once again, it feels like they are trying to twist this on hallia. I really need some explaining done on this situation as a whole.

Hey guys. I'm here, and catching up.

So far, the only thing that caught my attention was JS claiming vig on Day 1. I don't trust that claim.

[v]JS[/v]

Back to reading.
Interesting.  Pralaya claimed the exact same thing, so what makes you more inclined to believe him over John Snow?  Apologies if you haven't gotten to that point in reading yet.

Wow. I stopped reading at just the wrong time.

Pral hardclaims right afterwards.

I read this as a joke. I don't think he's actually vig. He very well could be, and hiding under the other claim. There could easily also be 2 vig's. I still don't believe either of the claims. Why claim vig Day 1? I think it looks worse for JS than it does for Pral, though.
Pralaya claimed vig 4 or 5 posts after john, how did you not see this elsrick?
Your post between the two was ten minutes. So I feel like you were at least paying attention to the thread.

Also Eld if pral was just a joke, why does this make John look bad?

As for my first 2 posts, I stopped reading on my phone when I got to JS's claim. I got on my computer and posted my check in post. Then I went back and read the rest of the thread. As I mentioned, that was a really bad point to stop reading. I gave my view of both afterwards.

It looks bad for JS because claiming Vig before you're able to shoot just doesn't make sense. It paints a target on yourself. It also looks bad for Pral for the same reason. I don't see how talking about which one is more believable is +EV, though.

What, Eldrick?

Eldrick taking Zander's page 1 reads seriously ITT lol (Zander answers pg 13, obv joke. <3)

Still don't like Eldrick saying they should shoot tonight so we can test their claims. Extremely anti town. They're extremely more likely to hit town than mafia at this point, dude. (Zander agrees: stop saying things before I have a chance to post about them)

LINK: Razen wrong on Zander here. Pro-town to not give these two a way out when they're already under suspicion, plus their responses will seem more natural when they eventually do answer if they haven't had the whole town giving them good possibilities. Second point that Zander is being the voice of reason: pretty null here. It's -EV to just let them shoot into the dark on N1 when we have no flips to go off of and their shots could be influenced by the mafia.

Someone asked about +/- EV, basically estimated value of an action. So letting Vigs shoot in the dark will have a negative value on the town. Similar to pro-town, anti-town but those terms are more focused on intentions and not the effect of an action.

LINK: Dice post, good post imo. Quantity =/= Quality. Dice is proof of this.

@Zander: this is your first warning, if you continue to quote giant posts like that, I'm going to ask for a vig shot from the mod to shoot you myself.

LINK: Eldrick/Tina agreeing that JS is making up his vig claim and Pral telling truth.

LINK: Razen's suspicion of Zander is odd:

"Wolf: Zander - I just don't like the way he's approached the whole JS/Pral Vig claim.  He comes off to me as trying to eliminate a potential threat to his wolf team by trying to push for the lynch on one of Pral/JS."

I think this is better than what Eldrick is suggesting, that they shoot tonight and we lose more town members, yet you have him in your town pile.

Tina proceeds to vote Zander as well. As for how to tell if Zander is joking or not: generally he is joking, especially when accompanied with CAPS and lolols. If he's not joking, there will be an absence of those.

Notbob thinks Zander looks town. I agree. NB also looks town.

LINK: Talya post here

"I agree with Razen here, sounds like you want the cop to view you. If you are town why would you want the cop to view you as a wasted night view and not look for others. If you are town, it's your job to act town so the cop can eliminate you from their view list."

I wasn't even thinking about this, but I completely agree here. Why make the cop waste a view on you like that? Play like town and get treated as town, imo. Overall, good post from Talya, I like the points she makes. @Talya, do you think Eldrick is town or mafia this game?

Vote Count

Razen (1/8): Aiel Heart
Zander (4/8): John Snow, dicetosser1, Razen, Tina
John Snow (2/8): Zander, Hallia

Not voting (7/14): NotBob, alannalynn, Pralaya, lord of the dawn, Eldrick, Seph, and Talya

Countdown to end of day 1: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/election?iso=20150711T20&p0=263&msg=British+Monarchy+Mafia+Day+1&font=cursive&swk=1

@ Talya not direct quoting that as its hard enough to read as is:

As far as lay it out about Hallia/You/John/Pral.  i have and will again for you  Hallia lock clears you for next too NOTHING and thats just plain wrong imo. John and Pral both claim the same thing and neither go after the other for it nor offer an explanation and thats just plain wrong.  Also I said at least 1 so not saying all atp. 

Also my gut is telling me somethings up here and I prolly right....lolololololol.

As far as not reading SW i think its indicative of how i Town which and is the same as im doing here,  Which I know you know so meh on that,  As far as my posts rubbing you the wrong way well that's a 2 way street as you well know,  I still love ya Sis but I hunt wolves thats just how I roll.

Im fine with what ive said thus far and I'll continue to build from there.

I really like this post from Zander. You kinda gotta bring it down for people before you can go hyper on them; your meta takes time to get used to lol

Love you too Bro...but your post...bleh, I wonder if we will always just grate in mafia, lol And I actually liked that response... :huh:

As for the voting, I want to hear more from JS before I go down that road, Zander my grate me sometimes, but I don't like to lynch him just for that and if town he can be useful, I want to see more of him (not literally) before I go that way.

As for Hally lock clearing me, there are a number of things that could be going on there, she has said her reasons and I would rather see what comes out of that. I do have her as leaning town, she is engaging in the thread, I liked she jumped on JS and Pral. Plus after nagging her to be more involved and give reads etc, she is doing that and is a lot more engaged in the game...so I like this too.

A+ post from Talya as well.

[unvote]

FTR I like the idea of the ultimatum in itself. Problem is some players just don't post that much, even as town. I think Heart is among this group.

*Wave* Hi, I'm Heart. I don't post much because job. MAY be a little more active this week because I have less hours at work. 

Vig(s?), use your power to catch whoever you think is scum, and just bear in mind that post count is not necessarily inactive. 

@Zander--you do not like Eldrick's idea of letting them live. What is your plan of action? Lay it out for me with pictures :P 

@Eldrick

1) why did you vote when you weren't yet caught up on day 1?

2) (Just to check) You appear to dislike John more than Pral--why?

3) How clear would you consider the Vigs if we let them live and there are three kills tonight? 

@John and Pral--you have already been asked why you claimed when you did and to admit if you are lying or you are masons. My question (since you drew attention to it) is: why are you ok with each others' claim?

Thoughts on Heart pending... Reminder to ISO later

First warning to Razen on the nestled quotes. SECOND warning to Zander. OMG.

@Zander--I think I was wrong to choose a font that had no caps for your lol siggy. I need to make you a new one that states that you only speak in yell.

You're excitable this game, I'll give you that one 

+1

Looks like our Vig pair have left the stage...if they do not get an answer back I'll probably move to John Snow.

Zander still looks like town to me...maybe this is from last game...he posts more than most...plus I kinda get his humor from earlier.

Right now.

Vote Dice

Basically stirs the pot and leaves...very little content...want more contributions.

NB: interesting choice of vote, man. I like that you're not feeding into the JS/Pral thing with this vote.

LINK: Snow post: Some people just don't have the same time to post. My activity spikes on the weekend, but during the week my activity drops because I have work. Especially next week, I work 60 hours and will be dead by the time I get off work to post. I really think it's about the quality that you post and making sure you're getting town read in the the thread. That helps everyone in the town eliminate you from their POE to make good decisions. And everyone scum hunts differently, fwiw, do I don't see the point in telling people how to play the game.

*Ohhhh I remember that game. Me and Rand had some troubles in that one hahaa

/snip

/snip

/snip

Just trust me, okay? I'm crazy like an EP this game. 

Never go #FULL-EP

LINK: Snow meta of Zander proven outdated. lol

John Snow asking people to "trust him"

That's fair.  I don't like how he went from claiming Vig to claiming he's got an EP plan.  I remember those being very, very strange.  Some of them ended up working out, and some of them were disastrous.  I don't remember any middle ground either.

Normally disastrous. lol

[unvote] regarding Zander's new meta

Lulz

LINK: We ALL started out as mason teams in one for or another, but then some teams got fipped so that one person from the teams would be a symp and could be recruited by the mafia, iirc. (I think Snow links to the setup, so I may be wrong)

Interesting set-up.  That helped a little but who were the Vigs?  Don't see it listed.

Link/Samus

OK...says NK...I took that as scum...good find...I guess...never saw it in any games I've played...plus that game was mainly masons...you suggesting we have more masons than just you and Pralya?

Don't like that Snow is feeding into the mason claims while Pral is away, then next post says they're not masons. You're giving the masons with vig claims credibility yet you're NOT a vig, and y'all AREN'T masons. Don't like how you're humoring this line of thought only to take it back later. Doesn't really look good on you.

the fact that john is EPing makes me itch to vote him.

Agreed.

New reads (pending some ISOs though to clear things up):

Towny: Hally, Talya, Raz, Zander, NB

Mixed: Dice, Seph

Lower Mixed: JS, LotD

Scummy: Eldrick

Not placed yet/null: Heart, Pral, Tina

Need to ISO: nulls and Hally, JS, Lotd

The only thing that worries me about having Eldrick so low in my piles is that he's naturally scummy and an easy mis-lynch. But that's thinking for later. For now, he's there in my pile.

Anyway, [v]lord of the dawn[/v]

Based on my earlier reads. I don't think his reads are that organic when you look at it. The vote train on JS looks definitely scum driven. 

hey that hurts haha. i was honestly getting tired of his shenanigans. 22 pages  of playing catch up and seeing nothing but him defend himself poorly is enough,  and even with events after, im still wary enough of him to leave my vote there. its hard to see whether or not he's being truthful. and seeing you show up now of all times after this is kinda ridiculous. though i can respect waiting until your done catching up, but i don't think that's the case.

though you put me in a bad place too, haha, either i leave my vote on JS- look like i'm covering my arse and look like a jerk, take my vote off and put it on you, although warranted, makes me look like i'm hopping on the train and hate voting you at the same time, which i wouldn't be. or take it off and look like im still trying to cover myself, kind of a lose lose situation, but for now, im going to 

[unvote]

and see what else happens, too much has happened to really make a good choice. this situation is just weird in and of itself all in all. so i will continue to wait and see

Well, frankly, this response sounds ultra weird. Especially the bold part.

Not sure if it is "I am inexperienced player" response or "I got to get the heat off me" response. In any case, that was a very weak thing to do. 

Part 3... Pending a real part 3 because I'm freaking tired and pretty much skimmed the last 5 pages (sorry, don't care, will get back to it).

LINK: Dice dropping post count wisdom ITT, null for him

@ Heart you asked me this: @Zander--why did we need to wait for you but now we can't wait for him?

wait for me on what?  i have no idea what your asking me here.  could you please let me know?

All of page 16 you were telling Razen that you were waiting to hear more from Pral and John. Why is it not ok that John is waiting for others? 

Note I'd still like some sort of explanation from him on why that is.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't curious about what was going on with Pral and John too.  But we're all pretty much waiting on John to explain himself at this point, which I'm honestly not liking one bit.  It doesn't help that he's waiting for an unknown person/persons to join us in the thread before he answers the question.  It's almost like a stall tactic to me at this point, and I can't see a reason why he would want to stall (even though we still have plenty of time, according to the deadline timer).

^ This. This whole thing has been a complete distraction for all of d1. I can see why people are voting him at this point.

Vote Count

Dice (1/8): NotBob
Zander (3/8): dicetosser1, Razen, Tina
John Snow (2/8): Zander, Hallia

Not voting (9/14): Aiel Heart, John Snow, alannalynn, Pralaya, lord of the dawn, Eldrick, Seph, and Talya

Countdown to end of Day 1: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/election?iso=20150711T20&p0=263&msg=British+Monarchy+Mafia+Day+1&font=cursive&swk=1

LINK: LotD also gets a first warning for those long freaking posts. I can't read this crap from my phone, y'all. Anyways, Lotad jumping on the JS vote because he's stalling. Pressure BUILDING.

LINK: Zander this is strike THREE if I'm counting correctly.

Eldrick voting JS too now for stalling out (4th vote of Zander Hally Lotd Eld), says it's not just for pressure. SO you believe he's scum then? Explain?

Well since you guys are unable to scumhunt if I'm not ITT, I'll just shoot all my work and planning to heck.

was waiting from Pralaya. Definitely dodging thread at this point. Was on at 1 pm yesterday, and 10 pm again. Nothing to say in thread. 

So here goes. What I was doing this game. 

First off, I'm not a vig. I lied. I was kickstarting the game, and seeing who posted differently than normal (see also: my vote on Zander). I wanted to see who was just going to try to fluff their content to not get vigged. 

And that was all I was going to do. And then Pral claimed vig. And didn't vote me. Which I thought was weird as hell. 

But you know, I thought, heck let's see where this goes. And Pral's good with my claim. Which is really weird.

So I decided to spend the rest of the day trying to read Pral. My best plan was to see how Pral reacted to me playing poorly. I also wanted to see Pral's reaction to the mason thing. Also, I'm not a mason with Pral. FYI. Not even slightly. 

See, it's a solid play as a GF to fakeclaim vig. It's irrefutable. Other than the days you want to "vig" you have your team submit the kills. So I was guessing that Pral might be doing that. 

Instead Pral has dodged thread. Intentionally and consistently. (Protip: If you want to dodge thread, set your status to always show offline). Now while this isn't the most scummy thing Pral could do, it's the best play for a scum to do. Let the train on me ramp up, let town kill their vig, and get vetted by a townie death. And lose nothing. 

So that's my thought process. Any questions?

Also Pral obvscum imo. [unvote] [v]Pral[/v]

Snow's reveal: first line is really demeaning, but whatever. I'm null on the reveal I can see the claim as vig being a good kick start to the game but the waiting and letting people vote you is a little strange. Playing into the masons talk was strange. You waiting for Pral is strange. Especially since your little ploy has taken up FAR too much of d1 for my liking. Effectively, you stalled out scum-hunting by pulling all the attention towards yourself, so you made the ability to look elsewhere difficult because you refused to come out and give more information by waiting for Pral.

Need to look back at who was trying to look outside of this vig-crap situation; off the top of my head NB, Tina, maybe a few more. *Reminder

It's a ton easier to be able to make those posts when I'm working less and the game is moving slowly enough for me to keep up easily. Harder to respond to 20+ pages in this way. Glad you all like it? :P 

(*Sniffle* don't worry teal deer posts; I still love you)

Gut says to believe John (gut says he was doing some weird gambit in the first place). Still watching you! 

Ok, so, John has now stated that he is NOT the vig.

Pral claimed, was fine with John and then hasn't done much of anything since (I think he posted once?) so a lot of people are now seeing him as scummy.

Soooo are we thinking that there is no vig? Or does a third person want to step forward and actually counterclaim this time? 

There was something else I was going to comment on but I can't remember what now. Mafia is not a good idea first thing in the morning >.<

Why would there be NO vig if only one has come out and claimed he's not one? I think it makes it more plausible that Pral is a vig at this point because he did claim after Snow. You answer this on the next page with this post, but idk what you were getting at. Meh. This is why you need an ISO, probably, you're not feeling very consistent to me right now.

Alright, caught up completely.

Hah, lot of things seemed to have been blown out of proportion. Masons, being in the same team etc etc. I am basically looking at all the posts that tries to bring these up.

Anyway, with John Snow's claim that he was lying, it changes things. I can see why he was lying in the first place - trying to bring up the activity during D1. In which case his reaction-testing would make sense definitely.

What I don't agree is him shifting the blame to me - with two reasons - the first being I did not vote him and the second being that I am dodging the thread. The first is easy - I hinted to Hallia right at the beginning why I am not cc'ing him. TO make it clear, I am not a full vig and hence I am not surprised that there is another person with vig shot. For the second reason, was I on the site yesterday? Of course, I was - I was trying to catch up in between work. And, I was there today too. If anyone knows how I play, I never post before I catch up completely. Anyway, this is completely what you want to believe - I cannot prove or disprove it.

Now, back to my readlist.

I mostly like Pral's response here, seems very plausible. I MAY have been willing to call this v/v if Snow hadn't been all dodgy with the "I'm a LLL" reveal.

Vote Count

Dice (1/8): NotBob
Zander (3/8): dicetosser1, Razen, Tina
John Snow (3/8): Zander, Hallia, lord of the dawn
Pralaya (2/8): John Snow, Eldrick

Not voting (5/14): Aiel Heart, alannalynn, Pralaya, Seph, and Talya

Countdown to end of Day 1: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/election?iso=20150711T20&p0=263&msg=British+Monarchy+Mafia+Day+1&font=cursive&swk=1

My reads on each are below

1.dicetosser1 - Not much posts but that is seomthing I am seeing in his other games. Votes Zander for posting in caps and rightly argues that low posters can be important! (I agree, lol). Null so far
2. NotBob - Was quite calm in his reaction to JS claims and mine. Not trying to take advantage or not trying to disrupt the claims. He had his confusions and those were natural. Looking town here
3. Aiel Heart - Again, not much posts. But, I like the questions asked to Eldrick, me and JS here . So far, looking townish.
4. alannalynn - Had basically not much reaction to the claims. However, she tried talking about masons a bit  - like questioning about Zander's claim of masons and here. But, it more a confused suggestions or speculating rather than trying to distract town. Null to townish here. 
5. Pralaya - I am town. I win with town !
6. Hallia - Good reaction to the claims. What I would expect a townie to do. I like that she took her time before voting JS. Leaning town
7. lord of the dawn - not much posts. But, his points against JS claiming looks forced. As if wanting to vote him but trying to make it convincing. And while he FoS'es JS, he votes JS the moment he sees the heat on JS increases. Leaning scum
8. Eldrick - He votes JS as soon as he sees his claim and even before looking at my claim. Then he sees my claim and says it looks worse for JS in this post and that looked odd. Then he starts the idea that the vigs must prove themselves and reinsforces the views in a few more post including here . That looked more like fishing. Both his later votes - on JS and me seems like he is trying to jump on the latest train. Leaning scum for me.
9. Zander - TOo many post to quote. Has been active and been part of the speculation. Tried to talk about masons initially. I don't see a problem in him claiming that he felt there was a wolf in Snow/Pral/Hallia/Tayla. Others voting him over it definitely seemed fishy. I am thinking he is town.  
10. Seph - His main reaction to the claims is that we are masons and out of all the people, he seems to be one that mentions that a lot. He has numerous posts where he tries to reinforce the fact. But, his other posts have sounded good - so I am torn on him. Null
11. TinaHel - Not a lot of posts. She did give reads on others, which looked fine for me except for her vote on Zander. Looks like she basically did not have a strong reason but voted anyway. But, not much to go with.  Null.
12. Razen - Liked his reaction to the whole claims thing. He was sceptical of the claims but was willing to do a wait-and-watch approach without distracting the town with a lot of speculations. And, that I feel is a very towny thing to do. Do not agree with his vote on Zander saying that he was trying to get me or JS killed. But overall he has seemed townish to me
13. Talya - Am getting a good vibe on her. She has been actively trying to scum-hunt here. Null to townish.
14. John Snow - I pretty much said what i feel about his claim in my earlier postI could see why he fakeclaimed. But, I don't like his vote on me. Anyway, null for now. 

My vote for scum would be between lord of the dawn and Eldrick. 

*reminder to look over this and the last few pages. (and to click all your links)*  Leaning town on Pral.

LINK: Agree Eld needs some pressure, haven't entirely been liking his posts so far this game.

(I'm getting really tired and my observations are less and less good. So bear with me because I'm pretty much gonna skim the rest of this and go back later to thoroughly read pages 25-30)

Talya ISOs Heart and votes, pg27 a lot of vote spreading, liking the case on Eldrick best, Second Strike on Eldrick for the long nestled quotes?

Re reading a few pages, and catching up!

Well since you guys are unable to scumhunt if I'm not ITT, I'll just shoot all my work and planning to heck.

was waiting from Pralaya. Definitely dodging thread at this point. Was on at 1 pm yesterday, and 10 pm again. Nothing to say in thread. 

So here goes. What I was doing this game. 

First off, I'm not a vig. I lied. I was kickstarting the game, and seeing who posted differently than normal (see also: my vote on Zander). I wanted to see who was just going to try to fluff their content to not get vigged. 

And that was all I was going to do. And then Pral claimed vig. And didn't vote me. Which I thought was weird as hell. 

But you know, I thought, heck let's see where this goes. And Pral's good with my claim. Which is really weird.

So I decided to spend the rest of the day trying to read Pral. My best plan was to see how Pral reacted to me playing poorly.
I also wanted to see Pral's reaction to the mason thing. Also, I'm not a mason with Pral. FYI. Not even slightly. 

See, it's a solid play as a GF to fakeclaim vig. It's irrefutable. Other than the days you want to "vig" you have your team submit the kills. So I was guessing that Pral might be doing that. 

Instead Pral has dodged thread. Intentionally and consistently. (Protip: If you want to dodge thread, set your status to always show offline). Now while this isn't the most scummy thing Pral could do, it's the best play for a scum to do. Let the train on me ramp up, let town kill their vig, and get vetted by a townie death. And lose nothing. 

So that's my thought process. Any questions?

Also Pral obvscum imo. [unvote] [v]Pral[/v]

Red - to me it seems like your plan, got one read off of it, and the fact that you think no one else is scumhunting without you, is pretty laughable.

Blue - all you did was derail the town with this play john. And regarding zander, you did not vote him because of his post count. You voted him for phrasing, or context of his vote. You unvoted him because of his post count...

Green-errr so you played poorly on purpose?? This just feels like a excuse...

Here is to hoping my colors work on my phone..
[V] John snow [/v]

I don't know if there's a LD in this game either, but it doesn't hurt to help them if they are here. Everyone proclaim your towniness!
I am town.

I am not sure how I missed this, but everyone who hasn't should do so.
I am town

Might move Seph up to town.

Current reads:

Probably towning: Razen, Zander, Notbob, Talya, Hally

Maybe towning: Pralaya, Seph

Mixed/Need more info: Dice, Tina, Heart, Snow

Maybe scumming: Eldrick, LotD

That's all folks! Time for bed probably, I do have a lunch date with my BFF <3 so I wont be around until later today in all likelihood.

I'm here now. I was doing other stuff cuz the thread wasn't going anywhere.

I haven't read your 2nd and 3rd catchup posts yet, but I noticed this in your first one.

Page 8: Razen looks good questioning Snow and Eldrick; @Eldrick, why would you think that Pral's claim was a joke? That seems a least likely conclusion to get from the interactions so far. Why does it look worse for JS than for Pral? (answered pg23) I don't like Eldrick pushing that they're both wolves atp

Did you want me to answer this again?

First of all, not jumping on the latest train. JS's play was bad, and he wasn't defending himself well, so I voted him. I accepted his answer for what he did, but I'm still skeptical. I voted you for pressure because you didn't respond in over a day. I don't like that you waited until after JS explained what he was doing. I also don't like that you're soft claiming JOAT, but that's a bias I'm carrying from another game where I got burned for it. Trying not to let that cloud my judgement.

As for my first post, I started reading the thread on my phone, when I woke up. By the time I got to JS's claim, I decided I wanted to transfer to the computer, and I posted my thoughts on it when I got here, then continued reading. As I mentioned before, it was a bad place to stop, but it is what it is.

In regards to the vig clearing themselves idea, if you were in our shoes (two people hard claiming vig and not ccing each other), how would you have handled it? I think my way was a good way of going about it. That's why I was pushing it. And it's not fishing, because you already claimed.

While I can understand your explanation on why you would vote me, I think your vote on JS definitely doesn't get answered here. The problem I see is how you vote JS immediately and then unvote and wait until he has a few vote on him added. I think it is the timing that looks odd, not your reasons for your vote. 

And, uh,, what is the underlined comment? I did not softclaim anything like that !

On bold - no, it was not a good way. It has been mentioned a lot in the thread why it is not a good and why it looks suspicious that someone is mentioning it. 

First of all, not jumping on the latest train. JS's play was bad, and he wasn't defending himself well, so I voted him. I accepted his answer for what he did, but I'm still skeptical. I voted you for pressure because you didn't respond in over a day. I don't like that you waited until after JS explained what he was doing. I also don't like that you're soft claiming JOAT, but that's a bias I'm carrying from another game where I got burned for it. Trying not to let that cloud my judgement.

As for my first post, I started reading the thread on my phone, when I woke up. By the time I got to JS's claim, I decided I wanted to transfer to the computer, and I posted my thoughts on it when I got here, then continued reading. As I mentioned before, it was a bad place to stop, but it is what it is.

In regards to the vig clearing themselves idea, if you were in our shoes (two people hard claiming vig and not ccing each other), how would you have handled it? I think my way was a good way of going about it. That's why I was pushing it. And it's not fishing, because you already claimed.

While I can understand your explanation on why you would vote me, I think your vote on JS definitely doesn't get answered here. The problem I see is how you vote JS immediately and then unvote and wait until he has a few vote on him added. I think it is the timing that looks odd, not your reasons for your vote. 

And, uh,, what is the underlined comment? I did not softclaim anything like that !

On bold - no, it was not a good way. It has been mentioned a lot in the thread why it is not a good and why it looks suspicious that someone is mentioning it. 

The timing on my vote had nothing to do with how many votes he had on him. I actually didn't even pay attention to that, and have no idea who was voting him at the time. He was suspicious, so I voted him. He explained what he was doing and I unvoted, because it was acceptable.

As for my plan, yes it's not ideal, but I don't think it's as horrible as you guys are making it out to be. There's always the risk that a vig will hit town. I expect the judgement to be to try to hit scum. If there had been 3 kills, it would be safe to assume that 2 of those kills came from you guys, and that's some good factual evidence to have at solving the game.

As for the JOAT soft claim. That's how "partial vig" reads to me. If you're not that, cool.

Anyway, [v]lord of the dawn[/v]

Based on my earlier reads. I don't think his reads are that organic when you look at it. The vote train on JS looks definitely scum driven.

Pral has your view on zander changed? Or is it just lord?

Zander? Do you mean Eldrick? Because I have Zander as town .

Between LoTD and Eldrick, I think Eldrick's response has been much better and he is able to reason out his actions well. As I am saying in my earlier post, I am mainly suspicious of the timing and not necessarily of why he is doing that. Unlike LoTD, whose actions and timing doesn't make sense to me.

No you don't have to answer things that have already been answered. I left them there to show my thought process. Consider that the first time I'm actually reading the thread in any real capacity. Lol

Also, I kept count of all you people. Partial reason I couldn't follow some of this game is the nestled quotes and trying to read while out/on breaks at work

Let me know what you think of my other reads as well, not just things directed at you

Been reading since I woke up, don't have much time before I gotta finish getting ready for work, but I don't like this turnout, either. Due to his play, John Snow pretty much outed Pral as a vig.

Also, re: the 'are you town' thing - I have been known to do that from time to time. Lie Detectors can be a thing, and while I am not one, if there is one I like making their lives easier. It's fun to see who is quick to chime in with an "I am town" and who questions it. >=D

She likes the idea. She thinks it's fun to see who says they're town quickly and who questions it. But, she doesn't say it herself.

[unvote]

[v]Hally[/v]

I jumped to Prals post to see his answer to Tina and scrolled down to this post. Eldrick, this is a bad vote.

Have you cased Hally? I'm curious if you really think she's mafia or if you just want to vote her

(I'm on mobile trying to sleep, sorry I can't look myself)

Ok Pral. I'm feeling a little better about you. 

I didn't like your huge absence after the vig claim. I didn't like the timing of your coming back (after JS waited anf then finally explained what he was doing, and I didn't like your "partial vig" claim.

But I do like what you've contributed since you got back. I'm still skeptical, because your earlier actions are really bad, but maybe they're not scummy bad. Keep doing what you're doing, and maybe I can move you up into town. For now, I'll put you back in null.

[unvote]

I'm glad that Laine is back and catching up. Most of what she has said so far is summary. I'd like to see her get caught up and start solving the game.

I am here and getting caught up

@ Alanna.....lolololololololol

I love you for taking the time to explain #FullZander to new people.  Alanna you prolly town here....but if you break my heart again by being Maf and leading me along the #TeamZalannaWolfKillers is over!!!!!

I didn't like your huge absence after the vig claim. I didn't like the timing of your coming back (after JS waited anf then finally explained what he was doing, and I didn't like your "partial vig" claim.

But I do like what you've contributed since you got back. I'm still skeptical, because your earlier actions are really bad, but maybe they're not scummy bad. Keep doing what you're doing, and maybe I can move you up into town. For now, I'll put you back in null.

[unvote]

I'm glad that Laine is back and catching up. Most of what she has said so far is summary. I'd like to see her get caught up and start solving the game.

@ Edldrick I know you vote jump a lot but you need to know that it looks bad a lot of the times.

Been reading since I woke up, don't have much time before I gotta finish getting ready for work, but I don't like this turnout, either. Due to his play, John Snow pretty much outed Pral as a vig.

Also, re: the 'are you town' thing - I have been known to do that from time to time. Lie Detectors can be a thing, and while I am not one, if there is one I like making their lives easier. It's fun to see who is quick to chime in with an "I am town" and who questions it. >=D

She likes the idea. She thinks it's fun to see who says they're town quickly and who questions it. But, she doesn't say it herself.

[unvote]

[v]Hally[/v]

I jumped to Prals post to see his answer to Tina and scrolled down to this post. Eldrick, this is a bad vote.

Have you cased Hally? I'm curious if you really think she's mafia or if you just want to vote her

(I'm on mobile trying to sleep, sorry I can't look myself)

I thought it was weird that she would mention it, and not do it. It's suspicious to me for anyone to avoid saying it, especially considering the topic of why it's being said. She did, and I removed my vote.

All that work just to get it called "just summary" dang I'm failing here again.

I am here and getting caught up

@ Alanna.....lolololololololol

I love you for taking the time to explain #FullZander to new people. Alanna you prolly town here....but if you break my heart again by being Maf and leading me along the #TeamZalannaWolfKillers is over!!!!!

I'm definitely not mafia here, I'd never try this hard as mafia. Lol and you're welcome, I need to support my town when I can!

Yeah the vote jumping especially on weak reasons looks way bad

[unvote]

@ Edldrick I know you vote jump a lot but you need to know that it looks bad a lot of the times.

I am aware of this. Becoming a better player takes time. I am trying to do it less.

FTR I don't see why it's bad. If I no longer see someone as scummy, or the reason for the vote is met, why should I keep it there?

Archived