DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

JordanCon update thread

• Community Administrator

My husband and I just arrived at the hotel and there's merriment all around all ready--even though things don't start till tomorrow.

I've already ran into EP (Eternal Phoenix to you youngsters) and Maria Simon--Robert Jordan's assistant!

I can't wait to see more friends as the nights and days progress!

I had an AWESOME time at the kaffeeklatsch with Saladin Ahmed! He was incredible! He had so much to say, and we talked about some really interesting topics, like gender and race within the writing community. It was the highlight so far!

image.jpg

And Harriet was there too, which added to the awesomeness of it! :P

image.jpg

And I ran into this super cool Asha'man in the elevator!

image.jpg

I don't think Anne is on here. She's Meridian's sister. But she had fun and wore a costume, so we should be able to get her to join!

Jason Denzel let me be in charge of the DM Twitter account for the weekend, so I had so much fun doing that!

I really wished you and Basel had been there, Cindy! We missed you!

And the highlight was Saladin Ahmed. Words cannot describe how impressed I was with him! He was thought provoking in his panels, personable in his discussions, engaging and open when just passing him in the hallway, gracious and happy to be greeted by so many fans. I cannot say enough positive things about him.

image.jpg

And here's Mashi and Rashi! *lol*

We were all together on a team for the WoT trivia contest and we tied for last place. Still, it was a ton of fun!

image.jpg

For the ball (the Two Rivers Hoe Down) on Saturday, we danced till two in the morning--the hotel staff had to kick us out.... I got to dance with Todd Lookwood, the Artist Guest of Honor. *lol*

Archived