DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Cliche Mafia - The Death of Meta - Sooh Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im not opposed tho Panchi currently hass my attention and i real tempted to go there

She's nearly 100% cleared by the votes though. First to vote Hallia after Darthe, unlikely that a mafia would do that.

Need to get your facts straight ley. I was the second vote on Hally.

Would like to hear how she is cleared iyo tho i know thats not gonna happen for a while as you are away.

Actually, you're first, Panchi 2nd, and Darthe is somewhere pretty far down the list.

Yates is a strange one to me... he has helped enough to be clear, but is cryptic enough not to be...

I want you to consider my play from my point of view. I'm trying to trick scum and save Town while looking Townie. It's a fine line.

Read my post 1405. It's important that a Town core sticks together at this point. You need to trust that any deceit on my part has been expressly in Town's best interests and none of my lies would have ever hurt Town because my claims were true enough that if I had been blocked and killed Town would have figured out what I was doing.

Like - Day 2 I just happened to guess Turin went nowhere N1? Pretending to be tracker could have scared scum into trying to NK me. As a commuter, I knew if they tried they would have missed.

Day 3 I also just happened to guess Darthe went nowhere N2? This was the point in the game where the POE was already tight enough that I could claim. Obviously keeping up the Flying Pumpkin think was part of my cliche but my real claim, I think, should read as genuine. I also think anyone else playing my role would have protected Darthe.

Day 4 I once again just happened to guess Tina went nowhere N3? At this point I figured scum would just assume I was going to protect Darthe so I thought he'd be safe. Yes, the safe move would have been to protect him but I hardly ever play safe. I was "swinging for the fences" by commuting out with Tina. And I think I may have made it too obvious I was going to commute with Tina, in retrospect.

So regardless of how you would have played my hand, I think we can agree that all of my choices made sense. You also have to agree that it would have been far too risky for me to claim people went nowhere if I was scum. One wrong "guess" would out me as scum. None of my commuter results were evasive. That's your sign that I was being straight. Ask Dice. All jokes aside, he has a pretty good handle on what a scummy Yates fake result looks like. None of my results were fake. That's important.

Everything from this post is explainable in a mafia way as well.

First you mention the town core sticking together. I think you mean me and you with it, maybe someone else, because we're the two most active players and absolutely everyone seems to read me as town. The thing is, I'm starting to think you're a wolf in sheep's clothing, trying to be part of the town core and therefore impossible to get lynched. And you're probably going to say now that I shouldn't suspect you because of your statement of town sticking together, but I don't see it impossible that that's the very reason you said it: If you say town core should stick together, while you seem part of the core, you're basically condemning people for casing you ahead of time, mostly when those people are doing a lot of work for the town.

In a basic game, with the cop dead night 1 and the doc claimed day 2 and either a vig or an sk out there, it's really easy to "commute" the right people the next day if you know the mafia team. You can expect there to be exactly ONE role you didn't account for: Either vig or sk. And while a vig MIGHT claim when you say you commuted him while you in fact didn't, an sk certainly wont. It was day 1 or day 2 where you explained pretty simple why, in the end, an sk claiming as vig wouldn't work.

So i am changing my read, yates is town. Internet on my computer was flacky, but will post more after class and exam tomorrow.

Too fast. Too bloody fast. And easy.

snip

Don´t believe this for one second. The commute role in it self is not a standard or basic role. To have it protect two people is even more overpowered. I haven´t read all of your posts yet (hopefully will do it tonight) but I´m pretty sure that you are mafia.

(Not sure if I remember it wrong or not but didn´t Yates say somewhere that he was trying to draw a kill? I could be totally wrong about that, just asking.)

The way Shady got superconvinced after one post makes me believe that it´s Shady + Yates.

[v] Yates [/v]

Liking the bold. You're also making a good point that Commuter is, in fact, not a basic role, let alone putting it in in the way it protects two people, in a game that also has a cop, a doc, and a non-scum aligned every night kill (or at least 3 shot).

I think Dice is town.

Out of BFG, Sooh and Ley at least one is scum but I can't decide who that one is.

Yates, I am leaning on his being a townie for now.

Tina, SK or vanilla? I would prefer watching more for more.

I don't like how you just straight up didn't mention Shadar. Apparently you didn't even take the list of participating members and check if you had all. If you have a cliché that includes lurking and stuff, at least make sure the posts you DO make have good content.

thing is i HAVE seen it before in a basic game. there was a huge blow up about it iirc.

Yeah. I'm the one that had the blow up because I thought the way you guys use Commuters is way overpowered. On other sites, the Commuter works like a JK and only the person being Commuted leaves the Town for the evening. I'm not complaining when it benefits me, though!

In other words, you knew very well it happened here, and you probably thought it could happen again. Who knows, you might even have remembered it was an Ithi game and have thought "It happened before in her game so I can claim it".

Don´t believe this for one second.

You know who else didn't believe me? Hally and RTE.

Let me ask you this Tina; if you were scum fake claiming a role like commuter, would you advertise your results BEFORE flips with 100% accuracy after 3 NA's?

I'll grant you; I may be lying about being able to commute with the same person every night but that's not Town's concern, is it.

As I said already (or not, in which case I say it now), no one would pay attention to you fakeclaiming with your reputation AND your cliché together.

Sorry tina, try not to hold it against me.

Too. Bloody. Nice. I'm 99.5% sure you knew a town flip was coming.

Leyrann, you're making an awful lot of sense to me right now... 

Make it day so I can vote!

First, good to hear that. I feel like I'm finally starting to actually do things in mafia other than standing on the sideline watching.

And I agree. Make it day. I want to see who died (and I'm praying it isn't me) and I want to vote.

First, good to hear that. I feel like I'm finally starting to actually do things in mafia other than standing on the sideline watching.

And I agree. Make it day. I want to see who died (and I'm praying it isn't me) and I want to vote.

Tell me something, Ley... Would you rather I use my commuter power to protect you or to try to prevent a kill entirely?

I haven't submitted my action yet. I suspect I'm the only one we are waiting on.

Archived