DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

I still want clarification on what exactly the Finder role does.

If it only takes ability that means Turin could be any alignment with a Key-Holder role. Which the OP states is clearly possible.

If it's confirmed that he also takes on the murdered victim's alignment then I will concede, but until then, no. I think it's highly suspect that this subject was ever brought up by him despite the way it contradicts clearly written role descriptions and his only proof is a PM that none of us can see. It almost reads as foresight that this very argument would be raised against him when he tried to vet himself for being a Key-Holder.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your statement felt like a veiled accusation to me, like you knew I had it but didn't want to say it outright. So I'm just proving you correct.

I passed it to you Because I know it won't blow up yet.

Keep it going. Pass it back if you're afraid.

** use power glove on Yates **

So what happened with this? And why didn't my peanut butter work on you??

Nothing.  I didn't use it day one, so he said I couldn't use it.  That was why I put "Darthe </  3" shortly after.

The fact you were able to take the ability as if Darthe was an acting player who committed the action I disagree with, to say the least, but that's not up to me.

Remember when we lynched Darthe as the mod? Yeah. He's part of the game. Plus, you know what I used and what it did. *I* am telling you that he's the key holder.

Are you talking about the Basterd game? I don't think we actually lynched him, at least as far as I remember. And yes, I'm aware of what you did and how it worked. That still tells me nothing about his alignment.

If there really were three serial killers to start the game, I'm not sure how the set up would involve mafia.  3 SK and 2 mafia seems way too much.  Maybe 2 Indy SK's and a third SK on mafia?  We know Tina was on her own.  Yates seems to genuinely be playing to help town out, which leads me to believe he's either

1) Mafia, and not a SK, with everything he said being a complete lie to misdirect, OR

2) Telling the truth and hoping to get vanillanized.

I'm going with the first for now.

I completely trust AJ to be town.  If I'm wrong about that, then I'm proud of you AJ.  

I still don't trust Turin, but I'm willing to look away from him for now.  

With the new information about a 3rd SK, this puts my POE as: Dice/Pral/Tress/Sooh/Conquest (Leyran).  My preference for killing would be Leyran/Tress/Pral/Dice/Sooh  Pral is still unlikely to be mafia but makes some sense as the SK.  I think I remember him laying low and being pretty reserved in another game as the SK, but I'd have to check that.

The two bolded statements seem sort of backwards to me. Did you mean to say you were going with the second option?

If Yates isn't lying about there actually being 3 SKs then I agree with you that a mafia team wouldn't really balance out versus 9 townies unless there was a solo mafioso, but then again unless they were heavily boosted I can't see them having a chance to win. 3 Indy SKs with various abilities vs. a 9-player town could probably balance out reasonably well.

Seeing as how Tina is dead and Yates is outed and fessed up, out of the remaining players I think probably Pral has the most SK equity as I stated before and for reasons similar as to what you state here. There was a post of his that he made earlier questioning Yates about the Book of Death that kind of tilted me when I read it, and with this new potentially true info, I think it's worth taking a deeper look at.

Yeah, should have been the second.

Your statement felt like a veiled accusation to me, like you knew I had it but didn't want to say it outright. So I'm just proving you correct.

I passed it to you Because I know it won't blow up yet.

Keep it going. Pass it back if you're afraid.

Someone has a bomb. 

How do you get the blue out of this?? ^

that sounds HORRIBLY over paranoid to me.

***PASS BOMB TO TURIN***

If you think I reacted in an over paranoid manner that's your opinion. Like I said, you mentioned it and I confirmed it.

I'm actually inclined to agree with him on this.  I don't know who - if anyone - passed it around out of thread, so I don't know if there's something in that aspect, but I don't see how his statement really suggests it was anybody specific.

They could have been from the start...

FFS  is there some reason you answered?? are you Yates or even AJ?

Oh come on man. Why are you being so hostile when I just mention what I think is most likely? Something, to be honest, that I would think everyone would see as most likely. Then again, it's a Darthe game, so asking probably isn't a bad thing. On the other hand, you seem to dismiss the possibility they were from the start.

because you just did something I hate. If a question is directly asked of a certain player, its usually because the person wants to hear THAT PLAYER ANSWER FIRST!  People jumping in just feeds them answers they can use whereas if they had to answer themselves they might give something away..

If i DONT direct it to someone then fine answer but otherwise hows about we let the person asked answer first?

Well I can't mind-read you. If you want only them to answer, specify that. Otherwise, deal with it. When I have an opinion/thought that I think is worth mentioning, I WILL.

And what do you even want with the question then? It's not like you can catch them on a lie or anything, not to mention that, if they really wanted, they could just discuss it on their QT.

Either way no need to go all mad.

Ok... Ley first... Ley votes Turin, then uses this...

**use smoke bomb on Turin**

AJ questions it 

**use smoke bomb on Turin**

Interesting.

The item title strikes me as something that would shroud the target, so to speak. Worried about Yates's investigation?

And Ley refers back to vote...

AJ, are you really going to start asking questions about ITA's? You know I'm not allowed to say anything about it. All I'm going to say is: Check my vote.

Then after a while this post comes from Ley: 

im thinking kill sooh or Ley.

Opinions wanted

Well, I obviously disagree with the latter. Also not convinced about Sooh, but then again, I just don't know it anymore, with Turin having spoken the truth (which, I admittedly thought, was on the edge of "too absurd to be a lie"), AJ being claimed town by Yates and me trusting Yates (though I hope the psychiatrist will just cure him next night. We already got enough kill potential with town, we don't need a serial killer out there, even if he's helping us). And before I forget:

[v] ##Unvote [/v]

Opinions wanted

After Turin, these would be my next two.  I'm not sold on either of them as scum, but I have the most question marks about them.  Leyrann hasn't really discussed anyone BUT Turin in the past day.  Everything else seems to be focused on explaining his previous actions.  My issue with Sooh really stems from the vote on RTE.  I do need to see more from her before I feel GOOD about her.  

I suppose I would go Sooh over Leyrann at this point, because I'm interested to see what Leyrann has to say about the item he used on Turin.

Once again, I can't say anything about it yet, as far as I know.

(snip)

I'm going to:

[v]#AJ[/v]

If only because of post 264. I'll explain in more detail later [for game play reasons] but for now, I feel pretty good about this vote.

Why not explain now? It's definitely not obvious to me why you would vote AJ. You come off with an aggressive playing style, which is fine, but it's not easy for me at least to read that as Town unless you explain your vote.

This is returned as AJ support by questioning Yates reason for voting. Yates had stated he would explain.

BOLD: That doesn't sound like words coming from a first timer. 

(snip)

Own bold: I don't like this. I REALLY don't like this. I still remember that, in my first game, I got lynched with this primary line of thought and while, yes, I was mafia, I would have said the EXACT SAME if I had been town. To be honest how new a player is is NEVER a good argument for a lynch.

The unvote comes a while after the smoke bomb is used, so perhaps the smoke bomb revealed something about Turin's affiliation? And then he turns around and shoots Pral? 

Yates aside, I've spent quite a lot of time thinking about this game during night phase.

My biggest issue right now is that I'm kind of torn - I think either Turin or AJ is scum, not likely both, and I keep second guessing which it is.

I didn't like the way Turin revealed as a PR before night phase - and the way he left it open for a potential counter claim. Gun to my head, if I had to choose right now I'd guess it's Turin over AJ, but then I keep thinking if Turin is mafia i don't expect he'd have gone along with killing Ithi N1. At least that's what I recall from previous games, I might be misremembering.

I expect Yates can't tell us the particulars on the item he used on Turin, but is there any chance we may have information before the lynch that will affect our decision?

If not, I'll need to sort out my other suspects sooner rather than later. I was thinking maybe Pral but now I think I might need to look at Sooh a little closer. I was also trying to figure whether Clov is being awesome and townie or clever and manipulative, which is a tough call sometimes. Ley2.0 is also in the mix, as I was vaguely uncomfortable with Quest early on, and something feels different about the new incarnation of Ley here.

Lunch break is over again, more later.

Yeah... I'm starting to question that myself. It's all hanging a bit in the balance for me at the moment. I kinda feel the same way Turin-Clov. It's all a bit hanging in the balance for me. Hard to see which way I should try to tip the scale. 

Again, I couldn't agree more. New Ley is weird. I'll go back and find his vote on Turin day 2, but I seem to remember it was just a bare post with nothing to suggest why he voted Turin. And now he turns around and shoots Pral with nothing to back that up either? It's weird to me...

Opinions wanted

After Turin, these would be my next two.  I'm not sold on either of them as scum, but I have the most question marks about them.  Leyrann hasn't really discussed anyone BUT Turin in the past day.  Everything else seems to be focused on explaining his previous actions.  My issue with Sooh really stems from the vote on RTE.  I do need to see more from her before I feel GOOD about her.  

I suppose I would go Sooh over Leyrann at this point, because I'm interested to see what Leyrann has to say about the item he used on Turin.

I was wrong.. That's it. Dead wrong. 

I would shoot him myself but I seem to be in a haze of smoke and can't see anything.  :Snoopdogg'd:

Dice of those two it would probably be Sooh I was more suspicious of. Who said they were trying to draw her out of her shell or words to that effect? 

I think Ley is wrong, but if he is mafia then there are other questions about some things. 

That would be AJ. Yates pointed that one out. 

Some things from Sooh. Jus my thoughts.

Checking in... This is where the circling around starts, isn't it? 

Without knowing much about Sooh's personality I am not sure what to make of this. Anyone?

My first thought when Tress posted that me and Turin are always Town was that she was firefighting for RTE because his post had caught my attention. There was no need for her to post anything defending ish about what he said - and people who back up other people in this game always have an ulterior motive.

Like you saying Dice is the most Town. Why would you say that? You said he sounded genuine but it's just words on a page.

So I don't trust any of you at all.

Also you're asking me if there's a Dice/RTE/Tress Mafia team out there, do you actually suspect any of them?

Bold - no.  Just.  No.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way,

(snipped)

Bold and response: My opinion is that it isn't always mafia indicative but it is a flag that further attention is required and that it should be noted for later. Especially once one of the players flip. 

Wouldn't also the opposite be mafia indicative? People who openly point fingers at one another and then retract? 

Everything could basically at this point be indicative of someone being mafia, so it's hard to single someone out just yet. At least I think so 

Looking back this could read as Clov defense. moreso dismissal of the idea that defense is questionable. Especially strong statements of defense early in game.

Just reading up before work.. I'll have to go over the thread more closely later today, but I figured I'd respond to these two..

*snip*

Well this is a lovely mess already... There are a few things to be noticed, but not much to me just yet. That may or may not be my lack of experience playing this game speaking...

So far Dice came in swinging high from the get-go, which I assume he would have done regardless of his affiliation, so not much there. RTE is poking people's buttons apparently, to get a reaction and gets it big time from Ithillian, and then Clovdy jumps right back at that, as if waiting for someone to launch at... My vote shall have to wait a tad longer...

Why would you assume this?

*snip*

I assume that because of what I know of his personality around the board. I would never expect him to come in with a post that's neutral, and if he did I think that would be the most suspect of all...

Just wanna welcome the newbies to their first Mafia experience, I think you'll discover soon how fun and addicting it can be. Don't lose too much sleep dwelling on the game  :wink:

*snip*

Sooh seems to be pretty level headed for a newbie, so hopefully I'll be able to figure her out before too long. New players usually read sort of scummy to way by nature, and the running commentary post she made is a good example as to what, but I'm willing to observe her for a while until things get going so I can gauge her better.

Thanks for the welcome!

Level headed but scummy... cool... so.. running commentary is scummy? I'm just trying to do what I've read in other games and sorting out my own head at the same time.

Did AJ try to pocket everyone? Could also be a sign of on thread coaching. "she is scummy but I will let it be for now cause all new people are scummy" 

Not sure about that.

I'm going to:

[v]#AJ[/v]

If only because of post 264. I'll explain in more detail later [for game play reasons] but for now, I feel pretty good about this vote.

Why not explain now? It's definitely not obvious to me why you would vote AJ. You come off with an aggressive playing style, which is fine, but it's not easy for me at least to read that as Town unless you explain your vote.

This is returned as AJ support by questioning Yates reason for voting. Yates had stated he would explain.

BOLD: That doesn't sound like words coming from a first timer. 

I get that.  And I don't fault you for feeling that way.  I've long said that I expect new players to come in and be more observational than to provide strong opinions and kind of go with the flow.  When a new player comes in and takes a lot of hard stances and really starts pushing people, I question where that insight is coming from.

Even those few reads you just gave gives everyone SOMETHING to work with on reading YOU, so thank you.

:rolleyes: Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing...

When told that giving reads is a way for other to read her she says not sure if that is a good thing? that is a curious response to me.

Ithi, in response to not voting and being comfortable with Clov dead.. I took your poll as a sort of a "who is your strongest suspect" thing and nothing more serious than that. I haven't voted on my suspicions yet because I wanted more to go on. Like I said, he came out strong, but then gave me nothing for a long while.

You're still not voting.

Technically day ended a while ago and has had extensions. What do you gain by not taking a stance?

I have no idea.. possibly nothing... I doubt anyone is going to blatantly post something that is glaringly obvious for me to go by either. It's all the subtleties, and right now it's a toss up between Clov and Turin for me.

I find this odd as I think Clov and I were already engaged in suspecting each other pretty much. I would think that it would be one of us as highest with the other less so. You didn't actually think that we would be mafia together did you?

I'm seeing more and more what Ithi is saying about RTE... and taunting back isn't making it any better...

RTE is definitely moving down my list now.

In case I don't have a chance to do this later I'm going to 

Vote: ##RTE

Did I do that right?

This was 28 minutes after She stated that Clov and I were her top 2. RTE taunted his way to the noose. 

Well right now I don't know what to make of you... AJ asked you a pretty direct question which I repeated, but as far as I can tell you won't answer it. 

Turin is pretty high on my scum list now... he seems to have a lot to say, but it's almost all based on stuff that happened all the way back in the beginning as far as I can see. 

I have AJ as a tentative town for now. He's saying a lot of things that I agree with, but at the same time.. I don't really have anyone as a sure town read at this point. 

Ithi is also a tentative town for me. I can see and follow her reasoning, but that doesn't mean she's not just a really good trickster ;)

I've been worried about Clovdy since the beginning, and I still am.

That's what I've got right now.. hope that's specific enough... 

Bolds: Back to Clov and I as top mafia suspects. Did RTE's flip have anything to do with why we are still top 2?

Underline: The caveat makes this look like leaving wiggle room for later.  

There was at least one other incident of the townish but could be fooling me type caveat. 

Overall I Think between Pral and Ley in my list is about right. 

At that point I had only ever read one other mafia game in my life, and yes, that's what mafia seemed to be... People circling around each other trying to poke holes in each other's arguments... which now I know that's exactly what it is... lol.

Clov was one of my strongest suspects at that point. Why would I defend him? I was just pointing out that that in itself was no reason to lynch him.

I saw that Yates said he would explain. I was just hoping for an explanation sooner, seeing as some of the tricks you guys have up your sleeves still escape me :) As for the words coming from a first timer... I imitate what I see seasoned players do and hope that I am not making too big a fool of myself...

A curious response? What? 

Like I mentioned before in this post.. It was a bit of an either-or scenario for me. 

I voted RTE because I trusted Ithi's hunch and she was just about the surest town read I had. I have been careful by being too bombastic in my claims as to who are town and who are scum so far, because I'm really not sure. I don't know any of you very well yet, so all I have is what I read, what you point out about each other and my own head. I'm pretty sure you are ALL capable of fooling me at this point

When Ithi's hunch fell through I was back to my original two suspects, and I thought maybe Ithi had in fact fooled me, but then she flipped Town, so I knew at least that read was right. As for the rest of you all... up in the air for now. I may or may not change my vote later.. it all boils down to what happens next.

I hope this color coding isn't too hard to read. There were so many different quotes to respond to, and I felt I had to tackle them one by one. 

I unvoted Turin because of Yates' information.

Also, you know you can split up posts, right? Makes it easier to reply to them without having to use three hundred different colours and also means less scrolling for the readers.

You'll have to teach me about the splitting posts.. :) I used to know how, on another board, but then the quoted posts were just BBCode and not this sorta in between thing...

**shoot Pral**

Miss!

Indeed.

Here, catch.

***PASS BOMB TO DICE***

CLICK

you dont want to answer how you got that?  noted

Pass bomb to AJ

CLICK 

***PASS BOMB TO TURIN***

If you think I reacted in an over paranoid manner that's your opinion. Like I said, you mentioned it and I confirmed it.

BOOM

7hMTc6e.gif

2FZ1aBd.jpg

kgNaWxZ.gif

Turin - Town Finder/ Surrogate Key-Holder has splattered on the wax walls of an empty room.  It remains day.  It remains the dream-phase.  You have 5.5 hours to submit dream phase actions.  

Archived